Overall Opinions - MS Money 2006

I've read the varying threads on MS Money 2006. I'm trying to decide if it's
worth converting from MS Money 2004. So far, I've only read one positive
response.

I bought MS Money 2005 and sent it back within 1 week. Horrid program.

Key features (call me strange, but I like them) that I found useful in Money
'04:
1. I could toggle between my online connection and accounts. Sounds simple,
but when I would download transactions, have a transaction that was
questionable, I could toggle back to the account register to investigate and
toggle back to my online account. This wasn't available in 2005.

2. When backing up to disc, the ability to overwrite the changes on an
existing disc.

I couldn't tolerate going through more of the 2005 program to figure out the
other intolerable problems so those are the top two features for me.

I'm looking for one thread (hopefully this one) where users can voice their
opinions, pros/cons, boos/hisses or kudos.  Thanks!
0
DButler (1)
7/23/2005 5:11:04 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

Money 2004 Std
I need to change the date range in the Money 2004 from 25th to the following month 24th, instead of 1st - 30th every month. I had actually tried to change from the option on the taskbar, Report - Report Gallery - Income and spending/Monthly Budget - Customise - Date, on both the Income and Budget. But it doesn't seem to work. Could you kindly help me on this? Thanks! Frequently asked. The answer is still no. "Wendy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0b8001c3b3ee$3706b280$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I need to change the date range in the Mon...

MONEY IMPROVEMENT
Which's the best way to send comments thay might be taken in consideration to grown and make more complete Money program? thanks, Emanuele Costa timothy@fastwebnet.it To the mswish web page. Link through my signature file. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://money.mvps.org/faq/default.aspx for tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your product wishes see http://money.mvps.org/wishes.aspx I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money "Emanuele Costa" <Emanuele Costa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Microsoft Money 2005 Pocket Pc Sync Issues
Microsoft Money 2005 Stoped working all the sudden. I keep getting Information Type Not Synchronized. Items of one or more information types cannot be synchronized. Disconnect and reconnect your device. To view all error messages and dialog boxes that require your input, you must connect to this computer via infrared or serial/USB Cable. Well I have a dell Axim x50v, and I use Microsoft ActiveSync 4.0. It used to sync just fine all the sudden I get this and not sure what I did wrong to get it not to sync with money. I have reinstalled my Pocket PC and money to see if that was the prob...

Learning more about Excel/VBA overall
Ok. I know a decent amount of Excel with VBA, but it has been over a year since I really worked on anything. So, I am a little bit rusty. In my new job, I am probably going to need to do a lot more Excel and VBA coding. What are the best ways that I can learn more about Excel and VBA in general? Which books are good? Are there any online or CBT courses? Should I take some classes at my local community college? What? Thanks. Jaster Mereel --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ David McRitchie has a list of tutorials on his web site: http://www.mvps.org/dmcrit...

Money 2006
I am having 2 problems with Money 2006. 1.) When I sytnc with my JD Edwards accounbts (I have 5 of them), all of the data that was in the acounts is removed. They sync'ed the forst time ok. 2.) I have 2 Chase CC cards. I created the forst account and renamed it. I then created a secomnd account which is also a Chase CC. When I triued to setup the bank, the information came over into the existing account, renamed it, and tried to start setting it up. Please help me to understand what I am doing wrong. Ronald Thies ...

Can you open a Money 2005 file in Money 2004?
Is it possible to open a mny created in Money 2005 in Money 2004? In microsoft.public.money, Stewart Armbrecht wrote: >Is it possible to open a mny created in Money 2005 in Money 2004? > No. If you're asking because you converted from 04 to 05 and want to go back, your original 04 file was renamed with a suffix of M12. If you're asking because you created a new file in 05 and want to revert to 04, export each new account separately to 'loose qif', all in the same directory. Open 04, create a new file and import all the QIFs at the same time. Make sure you ctr...

Money 2006 #21
I just formatted my drive. Backed up money 2005. Found a copy of money 2006 Installed with vista trying to restore 2006 with 2005 cant get it to work. In microsoft.public.money, oddone wrote: >I just formatted my drive. Backed up money 2005. Found a copy of money 2006 >Installed with vista trying to restore 2006 with 2005 cant get it to work. What goes wrong? ...

money 2000 software
will money 2000 run on windowa xp or do I need something else to make it work on my machine. It can be run with XP on my side >-----Original Message--- -- >will money 2000 run on windowa xp or do I need something >else to make it work on my machine. >. > works fine on both my XP machines without any problems what-so-ever. >-----Original Message----- > >It can be run with XP on my side >-----Original Message--- >-- >>will money 2000 run on windowa xp or do I need something >>else to make it work on my machine. >>. >> >. > You ...

Overall Office 2008 opinions?
I will soon be making the switch to Mac from Windows at home only and I am quite interested as to what the general feeling is for everyone? - Very impressed - So-so - Terrible (reasons? - slow, bloatware, etc) Also, how does it compare to Office 2004 or Neo Office? Appreciate any feedback If you intend to use Microsoft Office at home to work on documents or files you create or share with Windows at work, then you should install Office 2004. Office 2008 can't do that. Regardless of the new features it has, the ability to share documents back and forth with Windows at Work is not a...

Money 2004 doesnt sync all accounts to Money 2004 for pocket pc
Hello: Please help me, I have Money 2004 in both my pc and pocket pc, when I sync only two of my 6 accounts are sync. I have read the help and readme available on the topic: it says the following: "Only bank, cash, credit card, and line of credit accounts can be created on your Pocket PC. These are also the only type of accounts that are able to display their transactions in a Pocket PC account register. The other account types that do not support account registers can be synchronized, but you can only view their balances on your Pocket PC." On the sync settings says that a...

Microsoft Money 2003 (Canada) to Microsoft Money 2004 (UK)
I was using a preinstalled version of MM 2003 on my notebook with Windows XP bought in Canada. It crashed but I have bought a new one with Windows Vista. I've also bought Microsft Money 2004 from amazon.co.uk but am yet to install it. I want to know if my back up version of MM2003 will run on MM2004. I read somewhere that I should install the trial version of MM2007 which will run my MM2003 file and after it changes to a MM2007 file I should use my MM2004 to open it. Please help! Thanks. Saman. Money is very heavily localised so you cannot easily read a Canada file into a UK one. ...

HELP! Money Files and Backup files lost!!
I had a computer guy work on my computer and asked him to consolidate folders because we had folders all over the place and I wanted them all in a centralized location. As a result, Money can't find my files. I tried doing a search for *.mbf & *.mny files to no avail. The files that show up are EMPTY!! AND as luck would have it, BOTH my backup floppies are corrupt!! Can anyone help me find my files? The computer guy insists that he deleted nothing. I'm using Microsoft Money 2001. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated as we're talking about 8 years of finanacial d...

Account Amounts don't show in Pocket Money
When I synchronize Microsoft Money for Pocket PC 2002 onto my Dell AXIM, all the accounts are listed, but for some reason three of the accounts (All mutual funds) appear in account manager but without any amounts. The correct amounts appear in the program itself in investments but not in the account manager screen or are added to the balances. I have tried syncing with the boxes checked, unchecked etc. Does anyone know what is wrong? TIA. Do you see any other investment accounts in account manager? -- Michael Gordon - MVP "puffnutt" <puffnutt@hotmail.com> wrote i...

Money for Small Business
I currently have a home business entity in MS Money and would like to add another business entity to be tracked separately. Anyone knows how to add the second business entity? File > New and call the file "2nd business" or whatever. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes email to mnyukwsh@microsoft.com. "Allan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Money Premium 2005
I keep receiving this message when using Money 2005. We're sorry, but Microsoft Money has experienced an internal error and will have to restart. Suggest you open a support case directly with Microsoft at http://support.microsoft.com. You may have to open the Sample file (in the Program Files/Microsoft Money 2005 (or similar) folder--double click on it) to get to the Help|About panel to get the program ID. That may work, anyway. "Stephanie" <Stephanie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:168B981A-1390-4E77-823B-A4E381C569CA@microsoft.com... >I keep re...

Hosted exchange opinions
Can anyone comment on hosted exchange services as compared to stand-alone Outlook (not in a server) and Outlook on an in-house server? Would a hosted exchange service make sense for just 2-3 PCs who want to share a calendar and some contact folders? Any major drawbacks? Any feedbakc oni specific hosts? What about SherWeb? http://www.sherweb.com/) Thanks a bunch If you need to share outlook content, including calendars and email, or need to access calendar, contacts, and email from anywhere, hosted exchange makes a lot of sense - even for a single user. IMHO, cost is the only drawback...

Newer Version of Money and New Computer
I've been using Money 2001 Deluxe on a desktop PC running Windows 98 but have now purchased a new laptop running Windows XP Pro. I still have the 2001 CD but have also bought a new, unused copy of Money 2005 Deluxe on eBay. (I bought the older version because I didn't want my info automatically sent to M/S servers and understand 2005 was last version where this is not the case). My question is whether I should first install 2001 on the laptop and move the ..MNY file from the desktop, then install the 2005 or should I just install 2005 on the laptop and transfer the 2001 .MNY fil...

Money 2005
I just installed Money 2005, and successfully converted my file from Money 2004. When I try to do an Internet update, I get this error: "Money encountered an internal error while attempting to save or clear a PIN number in your Money file. Please contact Microsoft support for assistance." I've tried changing the user name and PIN to something else and then changing it back, it seems to work but I get the same error when trying the update again. Help/About shows 14.0.125.825 Marty, I am receiving the same message after having successfully used Money 2005 for the past f...

Upgrade from Money 2004 to Money 2007
I last night upgraded to Money Essentials 2007. I currently use Money 2004, but thought it was time to upgrade. I thought that it would automatically import my accounts into the new version. But it does not. It will not allow me to open the old file, or open an old backup file. Instead it appears i have to export as a quicken file and import into 2007. There has to be a better way. This is the worst upgrade i have ever used. I cant believe that i cant import my old accounts all at once. It is ridiculous. Please someone help me. Otherwise i guess i just wont use the 2007 version. Not sure what...

Money 2004 #92
Is this problem of not being allowed into Money 2004 - signin unsuccessful Please try again - only relatef to Money 2004 or are other versions having the same problem? I have not been able to get into Money 2004 for 4 days. Is this related to the online services having expired? I read some where that you only get 2 - 3 years of online service depending on what version you have. But the date was for September 1, 2007 so why is this just happening now? "Eh!" wrote: > Is this problem of not being allowed into Money 2004 - signin unsuccessful > Please try again -...

Reconciling bank with Money
I have just switched from Quicken to Money and I am confused about something. When I have finished downloading my bank's transactions, inevitably the bank's current balance doesn't match my own, because there are some transactions that haven't cleared the bank yet. This is what I would expect-- fair enough. In Quicken I was able to "reconcile" so that the application would immediately be able to tell me that my balance and the bank's balance matched, when taking into consideration the transactions I had listed which hadn't cleared the bank yet. Th...

unbiased opinion of Navision vs Great Plains?
Hi there We have been reviewing and discussing these products for a while now, both internally and with MS Partners, but are finding it hard to choose between the two. We have contacted a MS Partner who works with both products (although a Navision purchase an implemnentation is more expensive). The response we seem to be getting is "Well they're really as good as each other, you'll be fine with whichver you choose.". If this is the case, although Navision is more customizable, why would we not just go with Great Plains because of the price. I am getting the feeling t...

Money 98 #5
I have been using this program all week, printing out the register without a hitch. Yesterday, this error came up: This operation cannot be performed. I was going to reinstall the software and see if that helped but my CD doesn't have the reinstall software...it was installed at Dell. The way I have been viewing and running this report is: Accounts - Register - Reports - Spending habits - Account Transactions. At this point the register should pull up but instead I get the error message noted above. Any suggestions of how to fix? Thanks - "O" See http://www.bollar.org...

Percentage of overall attendance
Hi there...I am new here. I am looking for some help. I thought I knew how to use excel with many nested ifs and such but then I tried doing this one!! When dates are involved it becomes so confusing. I use excel office xp professional. I am trying to set up a sign in sheet for attendance of meetings. Then I want a column that sums the number of times attended and the percentage of the overall attendance at any given time. So as the months go along and time passes I want the total of days to increase and the percentage to change accordingly. So at anytime I could go in and see wh...

Money 2004 back to 98
Can I go back to Money 98 and use my files even though I have installed Money 2004? I want to get rid of this 2004 monster and return to a cleaner Money 98 if possible. Regards When you installed M2004 it made a copy of your Money file and told you where it put it and what it was called. You need to go back to that file - rename it as *.mny; install M98 and re-input all the data the you have added since installing M2004. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@micro...