online update #4

When msmoney 2007 downloads updates, it often duplicates entries which have
to be matched.  BUT TODAY, instead of a few of recent entries, it went back
to 2003 and show a $16,000 error.  I was able to restore from backup but
afraid to allow online updates again.  Any clues to what went wrong?
0
frugalguy (6)
2/13/2007 2:08:19 AM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

We need more information:

How is the download coming in?
- By you going to the bank's website and initiating a download (if so, what
is the file type: OFX or QIF?)
- Money doing it "directly" (if so, is it an OFX or a "third-party"
download? If you don't know, what bank is it?)
Has the bank made any recent changes to their website (and therefore
possibly to their download process)?
Were there other problems with your Money file (for example, could you have
inadvertently opened a different file)?

Typically duplicates will occur with QIF files, (since they don't have
unique Transaction IDs for Money to "guarantee" a match).

-Mark

"frugalguy" <frugalguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When msmoney 2007 downloads updates, it often duplicates entries which
> have
> to be matched.  BUT TODAY, instead of a few of recent entries, it went
> back
> to 2003 and show a $16,000 error.  I was able to restore from backup but
> afraid to allow online updates again.  Any clues to what went wrong?

0
abcd7779 (838)
2/13/2007 4:08:57 PM
 This was an auto update that happened when I opened Money 2007.  The Bank is
First Merchants Bank, Muncie, Indiana.  I have Money settings to update
daily, although it happens only about once a week.  I sometimes initiate it
if it has been awhile.  This time happened without my input. I searched my
files and found neither qfx or qif anywhere on my 'c' drive. I asked the
bank,a few months ago, why Money would not update daily and was told that
their system worked better with Quicken.  Any more help appreciated.

Ward

"Mark" wrote:

> We need more information:
>
> How is the download coming in?
> - By you going to the bank's website and initiating a download (if so, what
> is the file type: OFX or QIF?)
> - Money doing it "directly" (if so, is it an OFX or a "third-party"
> download? If you don't know, what bank is it?)
> Has the bank made any recent changes to their website (and therefore
> possibly to their download process)?
> Were there other problems with your Money file (for example, could you have
> inadvertently opened a different file)?
>
> Typically duplicates will occur with QIF files, (since they don't have
> unique Transaction IDs for Money to "guarantee" a match).
>
> -Mark
>
> "frugalguy" <frugalguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When msmoney 2007 downloads updates, it often duplicates entries which
> > have
> > to be matched.  BUT TODAY, instead of a few of recent entries, it went
> > back
> > to 2003 and show a $16,000 error.  I was able to restore from backup but
> > afraid to allow online updates again.  Any clues to what went wrong?

0
frugalguy (6)
2/13/2007 7:52:01 PM
I called First Merchants about this problem.  They said they have made no
recent software changes and that 60 days is the most that I could download
any way.  I seem to recall Money downloading a software update recently.  The
bug must be in it.

"frugalguy" wrote:

>  This was an auto update that happened when I opened Money 2007.  The Bank is
> First Merchants Bank, Muncie, Indiana.  I have Money settings to update
> daily, although it happens only about once a week.  I sometimes initiate it
> if it has been awhile.  This time happened without my input. I searched my
> files and found neither qfx or qif anywhere on my 'c' drive. I asked the
> bank,a few months ago, why Money would not update daily and was told that
> their system worked better with Quicken.  Any more help appreciated.
>
> Ward
>
> "Mark" wrote:
>
> > We need more information:
> >
> > How is the download coming in?
> > - By you going to the bank's website and initiating a download (if so, what
> > is the file type: OFX or QIF?)
> > - Money doing it "directly" (if so, is it an OFX or a "third-party"
> > download? If you don't know, what bank is it?)
> > Has the bank made any recent changes to their website (and therefore
> > possibly to their download process)?
> > Were there other problems with your Money file (for example, could you have
> > inadvertently opened a different file)?
> >
> > Typically duplicates will occur with QIF files, (since they don't have
> > unique Transaction IDs for Money to "guarantee" a match).
> >
> > -Mark
> >
> > "frugalguy" <frugalguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > When msmoney 2007 downloads updates, it often duplicates entries which
> > > have
> > > to be matched.  BUT TODAY, instead of a few of recent entries, it went
> > > back
> > > to 2003 and show a $16,000 error.  I was able to restore from backup but
> > > afraid to allow online updates again.  Any clues to what went wrong?

0
frugalguy (6)
2/13/2007 10:20:03 PM
It happened again. So frustrating.  Backup saved my a**.

"Mark" wrote:

> We need more information:
>
> How is the download coming in?
> - By you going to the bank's website and initiating a download (if so, what
> is the file type: OFX or QIF?)
> - Money doing it "directly" (if so, is it an OFX or a "third-party"
> download? If you don't know, what bank is it?)
> Has the bank made any recent changes to their website (and therefore
> possibly to their download process)?
> Were there other problems with your Money file (for example, could you have
> inadvertently opened a different file)?
>
> Typically duplicates will occur with QIF files, (since they don't have
> unique Transaction IDs for Money to "guarantee" a match).
>
> -Mark
>
> "frugalguy" <frugalguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When msmoney 2007 downloads updates, it often duplicates entries which
> > have
> > to be matched.  BUT TODAY, instead of a few of recent entries, it went
> > back
> > to 2003 and show a $16,000 error.  I was able to restore from backup but
> > afraid to allow online updates again.  Any clues to what went wrong?

0
frugalguy (6)
4/30/2007 2:26:01 PM
My bank no longer will download to MS Money.  I don't have to worry about
download errors now since everything is a manual transactions or I can change
to Quicken.

"frugalguy" wrote:

> It happened again. So frustrating.  Backup saved my a**.
>
> "Mark" wrote:
>
> > We need more information:
> >
> > How is the download coming in?
> > - By you going to the bank's website and initiating a download (if so, what
> > is the file type: OFX or QIF?)
> > - Money doing it "directly" (if so, is it an OFX or a "third-party"
> > download? If you don't know, what bank is it?)
> > Has the bank made any recent changes to their website (and therefore
> > possibly to their download process)?
> > Were there other problems with your Money file (for example, could you have
> > inadvertently opened a different file)?
> >
> > Typically duplicates will occur with QIF files, (since they don't have
> > unique Transaction IDs for Money to "guarantee" a match).
> >
> > -Mark
> >
> > "frugalguy" <frugalguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > When msmoney 2007 downloads updates, it often duplicates entries which
> > > have
> > > to be matched.  BUT TODAY, instead of a few of recent entries, it went
> > > back
> > > to 2003 and show a $16,000 error.  I was able to restore from backup but
> > > afraid to allow online updates again.  Any clues to what went wrong?

0
frugalguy (6)
7/24/2007 6:54:04 PM
I too am having update problems based on MS 'critical update in mid July' -
looks like my option too is Quicken.

"frugalguy" wrote:

> My bank no longer will download to MS Money.  I don't have to worry about
> download errors now since everything is a manual transactions or I can change
> to Quicken.
>
> "frugalguy" wrote:
>
> > It happened again. So frustrating.  Backup saved my a**.
> >
> > "Mark" wrote:
> >
> > > We need more information:
> > >
> > > How is the download coming in?
> > > - By you going to the bank's website and initiating a download (if so, what
> > > is the file type: OFX or QIF?)
> > > - Money doing it "directly" (if so, is it an OFX or a "third-party"
> > > download? If you don't know, what bank is it?)
> > > Has the bank made any recent changes to their website (and therefore
> > > possibly to their download process)?
> > > Were there other problems with your Money file (for example, could you have
> > > inadvertently opened a different file)?
> > >
> > > Typically duplicates will occur with QIF files, (since they don't have
> > > unique Transaction IDs for Money to "guarantee" a match).
> > >
> > > -Mark
> > >
> > > "frugalguy" <frugalguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

[ANN] Office 2004 update 11.2.3
Hi All, The Office 11.2.3 update is out :-) http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.aspx?pid=download&location=/mac/d ownload/office2004/Office2004_11.2.3.xml&secid=4&ssid=29&flgnosysreq=Tru e Time to update... You can either grab it thorough the link I gave (but it goes over several lines which is sometimes a pain) or use the Check for updates command in the Help menu of any Office app. The update is available in multiple languages. The release notes on the page I cited are rather extensive, Corentin -- --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) ...

Help with online services in money Plus
Ok I have two problems. 1. I have two accounts setup to use MSN Bill Pay and I want to add a new account to this service and I don't remember how to do this and have searched all over and can't find the anwser. I have added the account online in bill pay and confirmed it but can't get the EPAY option in the account in Money Plus 2. How do you modify an account's details once you use it to pay an online bill. I have an account that I need to change the account number and it will not let me. I have another that I can't change the address. Here is what I do: ...

CRM 4.0 websiteurl field not "linked"
In CRM 3.0 you used to be able to click on the websiteurl field and it would open up a web browser and navigate to that URL. This isn't working in CRM 4.0. Is there a way to correct this? Normally it should work if you double click the url in the field... Regards, Kevin Dosseray "cmariotti@careerdoor.com" wrote: > In CRM 3.0 you used to be able to click on the websiteurl field and it > would open up a web browser and navigate to that URL. > > This isn't working in CRM 4.0. Is there a way to correct this? > ...

FW: Check this update
--sbhznasf Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="kubyguvz"; type="multipart/alternative" --kubyguvz Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="olovlzotlffmw" --olovlzotlffmw Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to continue...

Online Version
I would like an online version that is very similar to the CD ROM Version. Quicken started offering an online version only recently. This means I could start using Microsoft money from any computer. My computer was broken for a few days and I was not able to use Microsoft money. ...

Opera is Audo Updateing on Win98 how to fix the error!
Opera is Audo Updateing on Win98 how to fix the error! Opera Error Failed to load the Unicode compatibility layer oUnifinsi.dll because. The specified procedure could not be found. The Fix is Right Hand Click on your Opera Icon on Desk Top Click properties Click Find Target In the Opera Folder Click on Opera.exe Then it will do it's update to 10.52 ok it up and running on windows 98 ...

HTML Project 4 School
I'm working on an HTML Project at school for my Computer Applications 1 Class, and one of the assignments is to join a newsgroup. So I'm completing my assignment.The computer won't let me view the other messages posted; therefore I can't respond to any of them. So basically I have nothing to say except that I'm trying to complete my assignment ...

Updates to Office 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Updates suddenly stopped installing - both automatic and manually. I am told, "You cannot install Office 2008 12.1.9 Update (or any other) on this volume. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume." I went to Office Disc Utility and clicked verification. The verification said that there were problems with the database, so I clicked Rebuild, was told that Rebuild was successful, then verified again and was told again that there are problems with the database. I repe...

Address List Membership Not Updating
When I use AD Users & Computers to add/remove a mailbox to a Universal DL on my domain controller, the change does not take. Even if I manually run Update Now on the RUS, it does not work. The domain controller I'm doing this on has ESM installed and it is the domain controller that is configured for RUS. When I make the change on the Exchange Server itself, it seems to work. What am I doing wrong? What else can I check? Thank you. Which version of exchange are you using? Are you using outlook? "Daitauha" wrote: > When I use AD Users & Computers to add/rem...

Excel Charting #4
How can I change the colors of individual bars in an Excel chart? If you click once on a bar, you select its series. Click again on the bar, to select it Then, choose Format>Selected Data Point On the Patterns tab, select a fill colour. Click OK sawyercm (removethis) @djj.state.va.us wrote: > How can I change the colors of individual bars in an Excel > chart? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Best Work at Home Jobs Online
Online jobs are an effective way of making money online without any investment. By doing online jobs one can earn a decent part time income. Companies all around the world need employees who can do their work, so they hire people and they pay them for the work they do. But there are many problems which company owners face. Like after gaining a little experience, people start to demand more pay or they just go to some other high paying company. Just Visit : http://www.yourforexmoney.com ...

Updating CTreeCtrl from other view ?
I have a CTreeCtrl and a 3D render view. With the mouse, I create elements picking in the 3D render view. This elements must be showed in the CTreeCtrl. What is the process to do it? I think 3D render view must send a message to the CTreeCtrl. CTreeCtrl captures it and update itself. But what kind of message and how? On Jul 16, 8:35=A0am, Ravnock <Ravn...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a CTreeCtrl and a 3D render view. > > With the mouse, I create elements picking in the 3D render view. This > elements must be showed in the CTreeCtrl. > > What is the ...

Report Writer Question #4
I had modifed the existing Transaction Inquiry Report by Vendor to include Totals. The out of the box report does not have grand total if you print it. The AP persons uses this report as opposed to the AP aging due to their preference of format and ease of running the report. The issue has come about where one of the transaction listed is a Void transaction and although the inquiry window is correctly listing it - but since I modified the report to give me a grand total of all transactions - by including the void in the grand total we are doubling this transaction. Therefore, I need ...

Is it possible to setup a self-updating master list?
I want to setup a master data spread sheet that will update automatically from data entered in muliple other sheets. Bassically if I enter data additional data into the existing sheets that data would automatically appear in the Master data sheet. Does Anyone have any answers? mbh: You might try using either VLOOKUP formulas or linking the main tab with the others. Could you be more specific or post an example spreadsheet with what you are trying to do? -- cparaske ------------------------------------------------------------------------ cparaske's Profile: http://www.excelforum...

CRM 4.0 Outlook Client Errors
We have recently upgraded to CRM4.0 from 3. The client workstation is running Windows Vista Business with Outlook 2007 and CRM4.0 Client for outlook. My event log on the workstation is getting a ton of these errors. An error occured retrieving data from Microsoft CRM server for processing Microsoft CRM related e-mail messages. Not all CRM-related e-mail messages may have been marked appropriately. Verify that the current user has appropriate permissions and server connectivity and try the action again. HR=0x80131509. Context=. Function=CEmailTagger::Run. Line=343 Some features that are...

Online reconciling
During the set-up process of money, it asks for which my online bank id and password. I type it in and get an error message to the effect, " check id and password, not able to connect". Can anyone help me? ...

Global address list not updating #2
When I add new accounts and email address they are not showing up in the global address list days and weeks later. I created the id's from my computer and they show up in my global address list, but not on any other machine in my network. If you type in the name it resolves the id, but it does not show up in the GAL. Any ideas? Are you using cached mode? If so, after you make the update, the offline address book has to be generated (check the schedule), and the client has to download the change, which it does only periodically but the user can force by clicking Send/Receiv...

Unable to connect to online quote server
I'm not getting quotes this morning, is anyone else seeing this problem? Same here. Probably too much traffic. <g.m.cox.mail@gmail.com> wrote in message news:2fb8ba8a-9eab-4c3d-91a7-c63317d1e034@e38g2000yqa.googlegroups.com... > I'm not getting quotes this morning, is anyone else seeing this > problem? Having the same problem here. The message I get when checking msn network status is: HTTP Error 404.0 - Not Found Also it refers to IIs services problem and that the site does not exist. I can post the whole page is anyone is interested. JC <g.m.cox.mail@gmail....

link the servicecalendar "view" in CRM 4.0
Hi, I read and read but I didn't find any helpful hint to get the servicecalendar linked. I just want to make a menupoint with ISV (I did that with different views allready) to display the servicecalendar for some ressources. I used the IE Developer Toolbar, but I could find out how the servicecalendar is "activated" best regards for any hint, link or solution :-) Antonio ...

Outlook 2003
Hello! We run Outlook 2003 Exchange My manager has a recurring weekly meeting set up with twelve attendees. We have all accepted the original request. Sometimes she updates one occurrence - moving the appointment to a different day/time. Several of us are having the same issue - we accept the meeting request, but the appointment does not update on our calendar. We still show the original meeting time. Would love some insight on how to correct this. Please keep in mind that we do not have any administrative rights to Outlook, so refreshing/deleting system files etc. may be ...

Online Documentation
I would like to know if there is a web site out there where have implemented online documentation on the WEB using VISIO. For example, displaying a diagram (workflow) where you click a shape and you are taken to another diagram or some kind of text document. I am just curious if there is such a thing. Thanks. ...

Money 2007 fails additional update
I am trying to use Money 2007 Premium on my new computer (Windows XP SP2) and it installs fine, but when I start Money it notifies me that an additional update is required. It looks like it downloads the files properly but fails the add'l install. I have tried the following: uninstall and install again turn off all virus protection (Panda) firewalls, etc. download directly from the web None of these have helped. I saw one article on this problem that said to remove a Core File, but I can not find it on my computer. Please help. -- Josie In microsoft.public.money, Josie wrote...

"Today" column not updating
A few times in the past week this has happened: I connect and update my money info online. Money shows me the price change for all of my funds but - for SOME funds only - does NOT update the "Today" column. I was surprised to see that - I thought that the math was done at MY pc - not online. So if I owned 100 shares of XYZ and YESTERDAY it was $20 per share (Money knows that - I update everyday) and today it is $21/share on my screen I see 100 shares $21 per share - it DOES now the new price, but in the TODAY column it does not show $100 as expected - it's blank. So I selecte...

Excel Spreadsheet #4
If I have 9 digits in one column how can the next column be just the last 4 digits in the previous column? Thanks. Say the first column is Column A starting in A1. In B1 type "=Right(A1,4)" (without the quotes) and hit Enter. Drag this formula down as far as the data in Column A. HTH Otto "thejakzons@peoplepc.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:307701c3e1d8$e0711a00$a001280a@phx.gbl... > If I have 9 digits in one column how can the next column > be just the last 4 digits in the previous column? Thanks. > Hi if you want ...

Outlook 2000 after XP SP2 update
I have had unstable use of OUtlook 2000 after the SP2 update and gone back to SP1. ANy tips? Jack Storlie <JStorlie@charter.net> wrote: > I have had unstable use of OUtlook 2000 after the SP2 > update and gone back to SP1. ANy tips? Describe the instability. Did you read the SP2-related articles on Microsoft's web site prior to installing it? -- Brian Tillman ...