Online Banking: I picked the wrong bank

I was exploring if the bank listed in the list was my People's bank or
some other bank so I selected it and then canceled.  Now Money 2004
thinks I can get web statements and web bill payments. '

If I choose "Change Financial Instution" and select "(Not listed)",
this does not fix the problem.

It is a minor issue but now Money goes to the wrong website if I
select "connect to bank".

Is there a way to erase the online bank associated with my account?
0
urbanwd (13)
2/6/2004 2:48:10 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

Go to the account details and remove the financial institution name.

"Howard" <urbanwd@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I was exploring if the bank listed in the list was my People's bank or
> some other bank so I selected it and then canceled.  Now Money 2004
> thinks I can get web statements and web bill payments. '
>
> If I choose "Change Financial Instution" and select "(Not listed)",
> this does not fix the problem.
>
> It is a minor issue but now Money goes to the wrong website if I
> select "connect to bank".
>
> Is there a way to erase the online bank associated with my account?

0
bjclarinet (489)
2/6/2004 3:32:13 PM
That appears to not really solve the problem.  After doing that I
click "Go to online setup" and the first question is to Assign a
Financial Institution.  Was there more to your instructions?  Do I
have to create a new bank?

If not, how to I remove the incorrect online setup for a Financial
Instution, not an Account?
0
urbanwd (13)
2/6/2004 6:55:31 PM
Remove the financial institution from the details on all the accounts.  You
simply need to disassociate all of the accounts that you said were held
there from the wrong institution.

> That appears to not really solve the problem.  After doing that I
> click "Go to online setup" and the first question is to Assign a
> Financial Institution.  Was there more to your instructions?  Do I
> have to create a new bank?
>
> If not, how to I remove the incorrect online setup for a Financial
> Instution, not an Account?

0
bjclarinet (489)
2/6/2004 7:03:25 PM
When I go to reassociate those accounts with a financial institution
though, do I create a new one?

I am really just trying to remove the online services Money thinks
this financial institution has.  I also think before I do this that I
cannot create a financial institution with the same name then.
0
urbanwd (13)
2/9/2004 8:23:38 AM
If you have another institution that is correct, you can enter it later.
But in order for you to remove the association to the website that is
incorrect, you really need to just remove the financial institution name
from the account details.  Just delete it and the association should go
away.

> When I go to reassociate those accounts with a financial institution
> though, do I create a new one?
>
> I am really just trying to remove the online services Money thinks
> this financial institution has.  I also think before I do this that I
> cannot create a financial institution with the same name then.

0
bjclarinet (489)
2/9/2004 2:23:07 PM
I think you are misunderstanding what happened and offering me
solutions that have problems associated with them.

I do have the correct financial institution (with the correct bank
name) but it now thinks I have web statements and web bill payments
because I selected a similar named bank on the online setup and now
cannot remove that online setup for the incorrect bank.

What I would like to do is keep the institution but remove the online
bank association so that it is back listed with the banks and
brokerages that have no service.

I do appreciate your help, but if this cannot be accomplished, I just
want to know that.  I will attempt to contact MS with the question and
see where that goes in the meantime.

> If you have another institution that is correct, you can enter it later.
> But in order for you to remove the association to the website that is
> incorrect, you really need to just remove the financial institution name
> from the account details.  Just delete it and the association should go
> away.
0
urbanwd (13)
2/9/2004 6:58:42 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Howard wrote:

>I think you are misunderstanding what happened and offering me
>solutions that have problems associated with them.
>
>I do have the correct financial institution (with the correct bank
>name) but it now thinks I have web statements and web bill payments
>because I selected a similar named bank on the online setup and now
>cannot remove that online setup for the incorrect bank.
>
>What I would like to do is keep the institution but remove the online
>bank association so that it is back listed with the banks and
>brokerages that have no service.

I take it that you have not tried Bonnie's suggestion.

>I do appreciate your help, but if this cannot be accomplished, I just
>want to know that.  I will attempt to contact MS with the question and
>see where that goes in the meantime.

Whether it can be accomplished or not is up to you.

0
via_newsgroup (13113)
2/9/2004 7:10:53 PM
Howard,   I understand the issue and have been trying to provide you the
solution.  It will only work if you try it.

> I think you are misunderstanding what happened and offering me
> solutions that have problems associated with them.
>
> I do have the correct financial institution (with the correct bank
> name) but it now thinks I have web statements and web bill payments
> because I selected a similar named bank on the online setup and now
> cannot remove that online setup for the incorrect bank.
>
> What I would like to do is keep the institution but remove the online
> bank association so that it is back listed with the banks and
> brokerages that have no service.
>
> I do appreciate your help, but if this cannot be accomplished, I just
> want to know that.  I will attempt to contact MS with the question and
> see where that goes in the meantime.
>
> > If you have another institution that is correct, you can enter it later.
> > But in order for you to remove the association to the website that is
> > incorrect, you really need to just remove the financial institution name
> > from the account details.  Just delete it and the association should go
> > away.

0
bjclarinet (489)
2/9/2004 7:32:06 PM
When you ask me if I have another institution that is correct, I
should use it, I get the feeling you do not fully understand the
problem.

In anycase, the program comes with email support from MS so I am going
that route now.  MS addressed the problem in a different manner if you
actually have a correctly working direct connection.  What they do not
address in their KB is how to remove the online setup if you have an
incorrect setup.

And for the record, I did try what you suggested and I pointed out the
flaw in it.
0
urbanwd (13)
2/10/2004 1:30:21 AM
So I persued this with MS and the final answer is that there is no
complete solution.  Only half solutions.  The problem was even
escalated to a phone call from them with someone more senior looking
into it.

You can go into advanced settings and remove the URLS but once Money
thinks a financial institution is tied to a particular online bank,
you either have to be able to connect to that bank which means you
have to have an account with them, or you are stuck or you have to
connect to the correct bank if it is listed.

I did send an email to their wish list email address along with my
case number so they can read it and maybe fix it in an update.  I can
continue tracking my financial information despite this so I am not
going to worry about it until a new version comes out.  Then I can
decide if I need it.
0
hurban (1)

Help with online services in money Plus
Ok I have two problems. 1. I have two accounts setup to use MSN Bill Pay and I want to add a new account to this service and I don't remember how to do this and have searched all over and can't find the anwser. I have added the account online in bill pay and confirmed it but can't get the EPAY option in the account in Money Plus 2. How do you modify an account's details once you use it to pay an online bill. I have an account that I need to change the account number and it will not let me. I have another that I can't change the address. Here is what I do: ...

Online Version
I would like an online version that is very similar to the CD ROM Version. Quicken started offering an online version only recently. This means I could start using Microsoft money from any computer. My computer was broken for a few days and I was not able to use Microsoft money. ...

Wrong week number
Hi, (Access 2007) I have a query with an expression in a field like: WEEK: Format$([Table1].[Date1];'ww') Above expression is always giving next week's week number if the day is Sunday. What can it be the problem. Any idea? Best Regards. Art, No, this is not wrong. The date formats use Sunday as the first day of the week by default. If you want it to use another day, you need to specify. Also, drop the $. To start the week on Monday, try it like this: WEEK: Format([Table1].[Date1];'ww';2) -- Steve Schapel, Microsoft Access MVP Art Vandaley wrote: > Hi...

Full Invoice Prints Wrong Logo Image
Hello, Well we will try this again. Please direct me to someone that can fix this problem. Our full page receipt/invoice shows the RMS computer logo. Our logo shows up in the preview correctly. We have tried several different invoice formats, I have even deleted the RMS image from the file in the RMS folder, but yet it still prints. Willing to contract this to someone. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0891_01C76BF2.9B274C10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Duncan, There are 2 places you co...

Best Work at Home Jobs Online
Online jobs are an effective way of making money online without any investment. By doing online jobs one can earn a decent part time income. Companies all around the world need employees who can do their work, so they hire people and they pay them for the work they do. But there are many problems which company owners face. Like after gaining a little experience, people start to demand more pay or they just go to some other high paying company. Just Visit : http://www.yourforexmoney.com ...

Online reconciling
During the set-up process of money, it asks for which my online bank id and password. I type it in and get an error message to the effect, " check id and password, not able to connect". Can anyone help me? ...

sending from wrong account
Outlook 2000 (9.0.0.2711) on XP. I have the main mailbox given to me by my Internet Provider, on which I receive and send from as well as several internet mailboxes which I check for incoming mail but which do not allow to email from Outlook and require to login into the relevant website. It's OK. But since recently when I reply ot forward an email which came to my main mailbox, it tries to send it via one of the Internet mailboxed which of course fails saying No transport provider". If I create a new messge from the scrartch ot work OK automatically sending it from my main box. How ...

Electronic Bank Reconciliation- BAI compatible
Most large banks use BAI compatable formats, and I noticed the EBR from Microsoft Great Plains does not handle BAI formats, Are there any plans to mkae it BAI file compatable ? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/...

Unable to connect to online quote server
I'm not getting quotes this morning, is anyone else seeing this problem? Same here. Probably too much traffic. <g.m.cox.mail@gmail.com> wrote in message news:2fb8ba8a-9eab-4c3d-91a7-c63317d1e034@e38g2000yqa.googlegroups.com... > I'm not getting quotes this morning, is anyone else seeing this > problem? Having the same problem here. The message I get when checking msn network status is: HTTP Error 404.0 - Not Found Also it refers to IIs services problem and that the site does not exist. I can post the whole page is anyone is interested. JC <g.m.cox.mail@gmail....

Online Documentation
I would like to know if there is a web site out there where have implemented online documentation on the WEB using VISIO. For example, displaying a diagram (workflow) where you click a shape and you are taken to another diagram or some kind of text document. I am just curious if there is such a thing. Thanks. ...

Transmit Safe Pay file to bank
We just upgraded from Dynamics 8.0 to 10.0 and we are having issues with the safe pay module. In the previous version (8.0) after uploading my checks to generate a file for the bank, I would click on Transactions > Financial > IB Connection Manager, select Upload SafePay, click Process and enter my password. The file would be sent to the bank, and a new window would open to confirm that the file was sent. In version 10, we cannot find the Connection Manager window to send the file from. CustomerSource and the online manual are not helpful. Does anyone know where the Connection...

Bank Deposit Posting is taking forever
We are trying to get caught up on creating our bank deposits, unfortunately, we are several months behind on doing this, and as such we have around 300,000 un-deposited checks. If we go in and create a deposit with only a few transactions, it takes well over an hour to post that deposit. Profiling the query, it appears that it goes through and runs Stored Procedure zDP_CM20300N_1 on everyone of those 300,000 transactions. Should it take this long, or is there something I am missing? Is there any options that we have to speed up this process? Is there a way to change a stored pro...

Integrations Manager
Hi We busy integrate receipts and payments into bank management v9.0 using a macro. Is it possible to do this using Integration Manager? -- Regards Steven ...

Online Tool
Greetings I currently have Outlook 2003 and I would like to be able to modify my calendar from school / class / library etc. Is there an Online - Calendar that automatically synchronizes with outlook? Something like Yahoo Calendar ( but i'm not sure if Yahoo Calendar can synch. to outlook ) Thank you -- Emory Carsten You can try Microsoft Office Outlook Live to see if that is what you need.http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/mool.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account w...

i set my mial pop3 and the other line wrong
how do i get back to the page to try to reset it and i have yahoo do you know what i put in ta set this up please help thank you I see you posted with a Yahoo email address. Is that your only email=20 address? US-based free Yahoo accounts have webmail access only, no POP access. Windows Mail handles POP mail but not Yahoo webmail.=20 Yahoo's solution is to pay them for premium "Mail Plus" service: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/mailplus/overview/overview= -01.html and use the special settings for that service: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/or...

Where can I find online appointment scheduling template?
Hello everyone. I'm looking for a template for publisher 2003 that allows a client to setup a date and time for a hair appointment online. For example; The client goes to the webpage and keys in the following: 1. Name 2. Date 3. Time 4. Hair style they desire. 5. Then either an email is sent to the shop or there is an online database that allow the hair stylist to login and see who's scheduled to see them for the next week, 2 weeks month etc. Thanks to all that comment, ...

Help:owc11-spreadsheet in IE online open a big xml file,use cpu 100%?
spreadsheet.XMLURL="....ABC.XML"; IE would be USE FULL CPU . if the same xml file use excel to open ,that be ok! why ? the xml file about 600K----2M XP �: > spreadsheet.XMLURL="....ABC.XML"; IE would be USE FULL CPU . > if the same xml file use excel to open ,that be ok! > why ? the xml file about 600K----2M THE PROBLEM had been Solved�� uninstall the "web download tool",or forbit the "init load dll" OF IE. XP �: > spreadsheet.XMLURL="....ABC.XML"; IE would be USE FULL CPU . > if the same xml file use excel to open ,that ...

Online Maintenance and Online Defrag Not Occuring
Hi there, Well I've been working the past few days on trying to figure out why I haven't seen any online defrag occur overnight during my maintenance window. They going through the event logs found that none of the online maintenance tasks have been occuring. I've searched high and low for any setting that would disable the maintenace but I'm running out of options. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Jason Almost forgot this is exchange 5.5 "Jason Lennan" wrote: > Hi there, > > Well I've been working the past few days on trying to figure...

Any Banks Like Ing Direct on the net ?
I am looking for a bank that has 2 way connection that offers a savings account and transfer money from savings to checking. Thanks Joseph, Where are you located? Bank One has what you asked for but not sure you're in their territory. BTW, ING Direct no longer supports 2 way connection and has never had checking accounts (but I suspect you really already knew that). Regards, JB "Joseph A. Zupko" <nonmonitored@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:<udLpGVhmEHA.1652@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>... > I am looking for a bank that has 2 way connection that offers a ...

What is wrong with this IF statement? need help.
This statement works fine but I want the cell to say 0" if the cell H6 has a zero in it. As the stetments stands right now it displayes 6" in the cell if H6 is 0. How can I make that happen? =IF(H6<101,"6""",IF(AND(H6>101.1,H6<151),"7""",IF(AND(H6>151.1,H6<201),"8""",IF(AND(H6>200.1,H6<275.1),"9""",IF(AND(H6>275.2,H6<350.1),"10""",IF(AND(H6>350.2,H6<601),"12""",IF(AND(H6>601.1,H6<901),"14"""))))))) Pleas...

Sync Combo ? am I do wrong
I have two combo boxes, second rowsouce based on choice from first combo box in an Access ADP First combo box tblStatus StatusID, int Status, varchar Second combo box tblStatusReason StatusReasonID, int StatusReason, varchar StatusID, int Here is the code on the afterupdate event of the first combo box Me.cboStatusReason.RowSource = "SELECT [tblStatusReason].[StatusReasonID], [tblStatusReason].[StatusID], [tblStatusReason].[StatusReason]" & _ " & FROM [tblStatusReason] FROM" & _ " tblStatusReason WHERE StatusID = " &...

US Bank with Money #2
I recently opened a US Bank Checking account. I have been unsuccessful in syncing my account with Money. I contacted US Bank and they informed me that in order to do so, I must register online and sign up...though this is going to cost me $3.95/month. Is anyone aware of a way to automatically sync my US Bank account with Money, WITHOUT having to pay! Thanks for the help. Mark B "nyse_19" <nyse19@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04CDFE08-9E09-4473-B30E-C9036D68AA1D@microsoft.com... >I recently opened a US Bank Checking account. I have been >u...

Outlook, online or connected
Hi, In Outlook 2k3, the stauts bar used to write "Connected: All folders are up todate" but today, it is writing "Online". Why and what is the difference? Thanks Yba In news:149EBE7A-2DE0-4EAF-B78E-D51A4ADDCA11@microsoft.com, yba02 <yba02@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hi, > In Outlook 2k3, the stauts bar used to write "Connected: All folders > are up todate" but today, it is writing "Online". > Why and what is the difference? > Thanks > Yba If you don't have Cached Mode enabled, you'll see that. On Sun, 3 Sep ...

Best Work at Home Jobs Online
Are you looking for online jobs for college students? Or are you simply looking for the best work at home jobs online so that you don't have to work that boring 9 to five job any more? Well if you are you a college student who doesn't have time for a full time job but needs some extra cash and you're looking for online jobs from home or you're someone who simply needs a different line of work, then you've come to the right article! Today a lot of people are looking for online work and are getting into what is known as affiliate marketing. Why? Because it has a l...

what is wrong with the following SQL syntax using "CONTAINS"?
Following examples i found on the web i tried to build my own SQL condition for a query to search all columns in table "a" for the text containing the word milk. Here is what i came up with: SELECT * FROM [a] WHERE CONTAINS(*, milk) I am getting error message: "Syntax error (missing operator) in Query Expression 'CONTAINS(*,milk)' what is the missing operator? i tried replacing "*" with a specific column name but i am still getting the same error. There is no CONTAINS operator in SQL. The correct syntax would be SELECT * FROM ...