Old Old MS Money

I have a client with an old Windows 98 SE
system and some version of MS Money.
Will Money 2007 migrate data files from
previous versions that old?
Thanks,
Bill

money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Bill wrote:

>I have a client with an old Windows 98 SE
>system and some version of MS Money.
>Will Money 2007 migrate data files from
>previous versions that old?

See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913108/en-us for discussion of
how to do that.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
3/30/2009 1:38:04 AM
Thanks Cal. I'll proceed with the conversion once I
determine what my client has. Maybe I'll luck out and
find he's at 2004.
Bill

> In microsoft.public.money, Bill wrote:
>
>>I have a client with an old Windows 98 SE
>>system and some version of MS Money.
>>Will Money 2007 migrate data files from
>>previous versions that old?
>

> See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913108/en-us for discussion of
> how to do that.

Please post back with details for the archive and everyone's benefit.

"Bill" <billstanton@psln.com> wrote in message
> I'll proceed with the conversion once I
> determine what my client has. Maybe I'll luck out and
> find he's at 2004.

I will indeed. I just talked with my client and he
tells me that his version of Money came with
his 98 SE system, so I suspect that I'm looking
at a step-by-step migration of his data.

This thread is on my watch list, so I'll eventually
post the results of the migration.

Bill

message news:urY7V4NsJHA.1948@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Please post back with details for the archive and everyone's benefit.
>
> "Bill" <billstanton@psln.com> wrote in message
>> I'll proceed with the conversion once I
>> determine what my client has. Maybe I'll luck out and
>> find he's at 2004.

No migration. Client starting Quicken anew.
Bill

>I will indeed. I just talked with my client and he
> tells me that his version of Money came with
> his 98 SE system, so I suspect that I'm looking
> at a step-by-step migration of his data.
>
> This thread is on my watch list, so I'll eventually
> post the results of the migration.
>
> Bill
>

> "Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote in
> message news:urY7V4NsJHA.1948@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>> Please post back with details for the archive and everyone's benefit.
>>
>> "Bill" <billstanton@psln.com> wrote in message
>>> I'll proceed with the conversion once I
>>> determine what my client has. Maybe I'll luck out and
>>> find he's at 2004.

Files in folder Windows.old in Vista
I have installed Ultimate on a Business version and then received the Windows.old folder. I want to delete it but have found same working files in old path than in the new. It appears that Windows updates the working files in both folders. Are they mirrored or copies. I changed the name of one file in old - corresponding file in the new folder received the same name. If I delete files from Windows.old will they be deleted from current folder too? "HBj" <HBj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12D90C20-D766-48D2-AA9C-D0FF7097DEBA@microsoft.com... ...

230,000 Members Pay You Money, Join for FREE today!
Come Join the 230,000 Member Team !!! You simply CANNOT LOSE with 230,000 people HELPING and BUILDING YOUR MATRIX !! Click the link below to find out how you can benefit from all those 230,000 people right now ! http://tinyurl.com/9tvss ...

Money could not verify your sign-in information
[I would have sworn I read some posts on this subject a while back, but I could not find them. Sorry if this is a repeat.] I began receiving the message in the Subject of this post a week or so ago. Nothing had (or has) changed about the sign-in information. I can still log in to my hotmail account using the same email address and password that's stored in my Money file. I tried removing the LiveID, then recreating it; didn't help. I tried both types of repair on the file; didn't help. I get the same message if I create a brand new Money file and attempt to create a Li...

Retrieving/opening Outlook express emails from old drive
Hi all, I recently needed to replace the hard drive in my notebook. The old drive is still operational, so I can now using it as an external hard disc. How can I open to read / and save or import all the email folders in Outlook express from this older disc? I'd like to save all those messages to a backup/archive. Thanks, Shayne. Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Out...

Sync Money file in Briefcase
When I try to put my Money file into my briecase it works fine for a while. I can make changes on the laptop file and / or the a desktop file and when I select update they update fine. Then for some reason I have not figured out it will sense a change has been made but when I try to up date it tells me it can't access the desktop file to make the update. Any help would be gratly appreciated. I have made sure that file sharing is available but this does not help. The only way I can make it work again is to change the name of the old file, copy and paste under a new name in &qu...

Going from MS Money 07 to 06

Opening docs from old versions
In attempting to open a doc created in an ancient version of Word (for Windows, not DOS), I get this message: "You are attempting to open a file that was created in an earlier version of Microsoft Office. This file type is blocked from opening by your registry policy setting." What is the registry setting I must change to override this and allow the opening? Thanks. -TedMi Hi Ted, I'm pretty sure this is the KB article you need: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938810 There are both downloadable reg files and instructions for manual editing...

Hosted MS CRM SignIn ISA Problem
Hi, when I internal login to "https://company1.crm123.com" then I can normally logon to signin.aspx and will be forwarded to loader.aspx But I cant logon external via our ISA Server to that website. The signin.aspx is loaded but after the authentication is checked the signin.aspx will displayed again. The forwarding to the loader.aspx page does not take place. We have already tried all possible settings on the isa servers. Has anybody an idea to solve the problem? Many thanks Best regards Kachte hi, did anybody find any solution for this in the meantime? thanks in advance, fritz...

CD interest question for Money 2005 Deluxe
Hi, I'm using Microsoft Money 2005 Deluxe edition on a Windows XP computer.. I was able to set up my bank CD's ok, but when I type in the interest, Money treats it as a cash transaction, and doesn't update the balance of the CD to reflect the interest payment. The original amount is treated as an investment, but not the interest payments. A $20,000 CD with an interest of $31.48 paid at the end of the month, still has the balance of $20,000. Does anyone have a suggestion? Many thanks, Gary Gary, Money treats it as a cash because the "interest" transaction you cho...

office 2007 and old office 2003 excel files
I have a desktop pc with Office 2003 and Vista Home premium system. I am getting a new laptop and am purchasing office 2007 home student to install on it. With the laptop I can access shared files from the desktop. However, all my old files were generated by office 2003. Will the office 2007 be able to access and process these old files? Also, can I uninstall office 2003 from my desktop and install the office 2007 on it and use the old files created by office 2003? Thanks. Carl Yes, Excel 2007 can read 2003 files... You can either convert them to the new version by savi...

Money 2004 did not convert Quicken 2003 H&B Invoices: Problem?
I am trialing Money 2004 Small Business. Just got it last night and installed with no problem. It grabbed my Quicken 2003 files and for the most part converted. There was some omissions in the Stock transaction area since Quicken doesn't handle Call Options, at lease without some adustments. However, I was disappointed that no Invoice file information was converted. Is this a problem or does Money not convert Quicken 2003 H&B invoice files? If Money is supposed to convert Invoice files where might have I gone wrong? TIA ---- Tom Duprex No, what you see is what you get. The ex...

MS Exchange 2003 Transport Error and not able to send mail to hotm
Hi Can any help me? I have installed Exchange 2003 std server on Windows 2003 std server. Mails are going to every domain except hotmail. I have checked with eventlog. so many errors flooded in application log Error message is MSexchange Transport error and event ids are 3008, 3015, 3018, 3030. and the category is NDR. if any one has solutin please send me that. Jagannath <Jagannath@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can any help me? Not without more information than just eventID numbers! >I have installed Exchange 2003 std server on Windows 2003 std server. > >Ma...

Downgrade version of Money 2008
I have purchased Money 2008 Plus Home & Buisness and I no longer need the buisness portion of the application. Is there any way that I could downgrade to the Home Deluxe edition with out being charged? Nope. Unless you bought the package in the last 30 days you will just have to carry on using it but ignore the Business features. If in the future you buy a non-Business version you will get nags about losing functionality but you can just ignore them. If you did buy in the last 30 days you can return for a refund but you will then have to buy Deluxe. IMHO not worth the hassle. -- ...

Registring MS Money 2003
Is there any way to pay for Money 2003 online and enter some kind of registration code? Or must I actually go out and buy the package? Thanks, Damaeus In news:microsoft.public.money, Rob Schneider <rmschne@stripthisoutbeeb.net> posted on Mon, 14 Jul 2003 09:37:17 +0100: > I'm currently using the demo version downloaded from Microsoft > www.microsoft.com/money. It reminds me periodically that it will expire > and invites me to buy on-line by "clicking here". I haven't done that > as I've pre-ordered Microsoft Money 2004 and will install that inst...

MATRIX ITEMS IN MS POS
Is there a matrix item type for MS POS? I look in item type and found standard, serial numbered, noninventory. So how do you setup clothing stores? Thanks CBS Since the customer already bought the software. How would you work around this limitation for a clothing store. CLBSCOTT@MINDSPRING.COM wrote: > Is there a matrix item type for MS POS? I look in item type and found > standard, serial numbered, noninventory. So how do you setup clothing > stores? > Thanks > CBS CLB, No. Use RMS instead! -- = Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook E...

old posts
How can I find a post I made yesterday? Hi, when you open this post, click on your name, it will pop up a window with your information, at the to right click on Recent posts by this user if this helps please click yes, thanks "Eric" wrote: > How can I find a post I made yesterday? I'd use google. Give it enough information (keywords/author/subject): http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=group:*Excel*&num=100 Ron de Bruin has an excel addin that you may like: http://www.rondebruin.nl/Google.htm Eric wrote:...

Creating a budget in Money 2003
I created a budget in Money, but can't seem to figure out how to record my daily expenses (ie. meals, parking, gas, etc.). I entered my monthly expenditures in my budget but now I have no idea how to enter how much i really spent each day. Can someone help me? Are you talking about cash spending from your pocket? If so, here's the relevant FAQ: --- Q): How do other users account for ATM withdrawals? A): Many users setup a dedicated cash account, I call mine "Pocket Change". Transfer the money to the cash account, enter cash transactions in the cash account, and balanc...

Changed a pers folder to "Old Stuff" now can't close/del "Old Stu.
When I installed Outlook I ended up with three "Personal Folders" folders. I was able to delete one of them by changing the name and right clicking on the new name. I changed the name of the 2nd and when I tried to delete it I got the message: "The operation failed. An object could not be found." Has anyone had this problem and if so, did they find a solution? What version of Outlook? Try creating a new mail profile - it sounds like yours is corrupt. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert l...

Outlook gets OLD messages again....
How does this happen? I've got messages coming in from April that I had deleted. May be your provider restored a backup? -- EDV-Service Marchert [Peter Marchert] --------------------------------------- Homepage: http://www.marchert.de Rufnummernformatierung mit EditNumbers Kontakte per Mausklick mit ContactMaker smerf schrieb: > How does this happen? I've got messages coming in from April that I had > deleted. It's 1and1.com.....the girl that answered couldn't do anything but request a sample email from me and promise a call later. This has happened...

Uninstall MS CRM 3.0
I need to reinstall CRM 3. Prior to this I’d like to do a clean remove of the CRM system. I couldn't find documentation about removing CRM from a SBS server. Are there any procedures, besides running the uninstaller of the Exchange connector, CRM itself and the SQL reporting services? Thanks… There is a section (I think it's section 21) in the Implementation Guide that covers uninstalling 3.0. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Nikolas" wrote: > I need to reinstall CRM 3. Prior to this I’d like to do a clean remove of the > CRM system. > I ...

Are you able to convert a MS Publisher prepared doc into MS Word?
I need to create a 'flyer' and attach this document to one of our internal databases at work. However, if I was to create this flyer/document in MS Publisher 2003 - is it possible to then go and convert this document into a Word document? As the internal database that we use can only accept Word docs as attachments. ShuGill wrote: > I need to create a 'flyer' and attach this document to > one of our internal databases at work. However, if I was > to create this flyer/document in MS Publisher 2003 - is > it possible to then go and convert this document into...

Microsoft Money In UK??? Is it only a USA product now?
I'm trying to find Microsoft Money to use in the UK. Is it only a product sold and set up for USA use only? heard of google? (can i say that word here) I dont mean to be rude. But just check it you will find it for sale. "James" wrote: > I'm trying to find Microsoft Money to use in the UK. Is it only a product > sold and set up for USA use only? > > The only UK version is Money 2005. It is no longer directly sold. There is however the US Version called Money Plus. If you haven't used a previous version of Money then you can try this, but it will ...

Ms access data type detail
I am using Ms access 2007, can anyone explain to me all the DATA TYPES, like what are their limitations etc. Also how can i create a drop down list and allows selecting more than 1 texts. e.g ... in my db i have an option for known languages and the answers could be more than one. English, French, Spanish etc Start here http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/training/HA102744471033.aspx Aamir wrote: > I am using Ms access 2007, can anyone explain to me all the DATA TYPES, > like what are their limitations etc. > > Also how can i create a drop down list and al...

How old are you?
I'm trying to work out the age of someone, based on the current date an their date of birth. I've used the YEAR [Year(A1)-Year(B1)] function bu it rounds up? Can anyone help? Thank -- tee ----------------------------------------------------------------------- teeb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1317 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=51062 Hi teeb With the date of birth in B2 Completed years =IF(B2<=TODAY(),DATEDIF(B2,TODAY(),"Y"),-DATEDIF(TODAY(),B2,"Y")) See also http://www...

Money Mortgage Payment Management.
Hello, Would someone please share show they set up mortgage payment to work in MS Money (I have 2003)? I am having a hard time splitting the payment and getting it to work with my actual Mortgage account that I have set up. I can transfer the Principal payment as the reduction of the loan, but what do I do with Escrow and Interest? Thanks, Greg Using the special category "Loan Payment" will offer "subcategories" for available loan accounts. The Loan Payment is really a specialized split that computes an interest component--assigned as you specified when setting up...