Old File Not Loading

Need Some Help? I just reinstalled my Microsoft Money 2000
Deluxe. Copied my files back to my Document directory and
thought I could start money and pick the file I copied and
everything would be there. It wants me to start over every
time I try. Any Thoughts

Thank you
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

how to make pst file to be accessible from CD/DVD?
hi any one have idea? thanks > any one have idea? You can't. Full read and write access to the PST is needed. -- -f.h. ...

Working with large files
I imported a large MS Word Document into MS Publishing. It took quite a while to load and the response time, when trying to use the file, is really slow. What are my options? I divided the file into several smaller files, but then I have the problem of putting it all back together in PDF. Is that my only option, and if so what about page numbering ? On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 16:48:58 +0000, KR wrote (in article <7292B770-A394-449D-A1E2-ECDF64C7AC9D@microsoft.com>): > I imported a large MS Word Document into MS Publishing. It took quite a while > to load and the response time, wh...

send my html file as email
I've tried "send web page ny email" in IE. Some images get lost and formatting is funky. I can't find a way to simply cut-and-paste my handcoded .html file into a new Outlook email. I'd appreciate any help here. The file on the web is at http://www.palmilla.com/newsletter/finalproof.html --It's the background of the nav bar on the left that is the image that doesn't take. 1,000 thanks for any help. Ace in CT Timothy Ace Holleran <ace@noacespamholleran.com> wrote: > I've tried "send web page ny email" in IE. Some images get lost...

Inserting file in e-mail
I have a w2k computer and every time I go to insert a file in the e-mail it pops the insert file window. I have several other computers with the same operating system and they are able to highlight more then one document at a time, but this computer will only allow me to highlight one document at a time. Any thoughts?? What version of Outlook, what mail format are you using, and are you using Word as your e-mail editor? Doug Metzger wrote: > I have a w2k computer and every time I go to insert a file > in the e-mail it pops the insert file window. I have > several other compu...

HELP with Office 2004 not loading after installing Adobe Acrobat 7.
Hi, Word, Excel and Powerpoint won�t launch anymore after installing Adobe Acrobat 7. I checked on office/startup and the three folders are empty. All I get is window telling me that app couldn�t launch.. Error reporting. Is there a way to fix this? I don�t want to reinstall OSX. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Office several times to no avail. Entourage launches fine. Thanks, AJ There are troubleshooting techniques linked from this page, work through them: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/macoffice/ see General Troubleshooting and Troubleshooting for Office 2004 If they get to the splash sc...

Understanding .pst files?
Using Windows XP and Outlook 2002 I have several custom folders to organize email. I have a couple of Archive .pst files as well. I want to backup all of my emails to an external hard drive. In addition to the email in my Inbox... QUESTION # 1 ....Does my main Outlook.pst file also contain the emails in all if my CUSTOM folders? QUESTION # 2 ....Does my Outlook.pst file contain the emails in my ARCHIVE folders? QUESTION # 3 ....Does my Outlook.pst file contain the emails in my SENT folders? Thanks, "The Hun" <ed@LAocean.com> wrote in message news:120599e9-2584-44e9-a...

Files in folder Windows.old in Vista
I have installed Ultimate on a Business version and then received the Windows.old folder. I want to delete it but have found same working files in old path than in the new. It appears that Windows updates the working files in both folders. Are they mirrored or copies. I changed the name of one file in old - corresponding file in the new folder received the same name. If I delete files from Windows.old will they be deleted from current folder too? "HBj" <HBj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12D90C20-D766-48D2-AA9C-D0FF7097DEBA@microsoft.com... ...

File access and program-2-program-communication with C++ and Java
Hi! I came across the following problem I have to solve. The operating system is WinXP Pro. There are two programs, a C++- and a Java-program. The two programs have to exchange data. I was looking for an effective way to do that, and finally I chose a file as "shared resource". Both, C++ and Java must read/write into the shared resource. However, the file must not be accessed simultaneously by both of them. Additionally there could be several instances of the C++-progamm. 1. The C++-Side I use the CFile-Class from MFC with Visual C++. The CFile-Class enables to open a file in excl...

Sync Money file in Briefcase
When I try to put my Money file into my briecase it works fine for a while. I can make changes on the laptop file and / or the a desktop file and when I select update they update fine. Then for some reason I have not figured out it will sense a change has been made but when I try to up date it tells me it can't access the desktop file to make the update. Any help would be gratly appreciated. I have made sure that file sharing is available but this does not help. The only way I can make it work again is to change the name of the old file, copy and paste under a new name in &qu...

sound files in excel?
Is there a way to put a wav file into an excel spreadsheet? Like in it's own cell, like how you can do with a clip art graphic? "dkimball" <dkimball@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3AD62EEB-10DD-4848-B7F1-0C0D40126A89@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to put a wav file into an excel spreadsheet? Like in it's own > cell, like how you can do with a clip art graphic? Have you tried yet? If not, check out Insert>Object>Wave Sound or perhaps Insert>Object>Midi Sequence ...

Retrieving/opening Outlook express emails from old drive
Hi all, I recently needed to replace the hard drive in my notebook. The old drive is still operational, so I can now using it as an external hard disc. How can I open to read / and save or import all the email folders in Outlook express from this older disc? I'd like to save all those messages to a backup/archive. Thanks, Shayne. Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Out...

Missing PSTPRX.DLL file
I can't get outlook to check my email accounts. When I press Send/Receive It gives me the following message "Can't find information service file "PSTPRX.DLL". I have uninstall and reintall multiple times my outlook 2000, outlook 2002 and my outlook XP and still it does not fix the proplem. Can someone help me? Thanks "OL2002: Error Message: MAPI Was Unable to Load the Information Service Pstprx.dll" http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q293058& CAUSE: This problem can occur because Outlook 2002 upgraded the profile once and set a re...

.pst file
I have Outlook 2002 and Windows XP. I followed the instructions for "Move contacts to another computer and Copy files to a CD. I can't open the file on the CD, and I can't open the file where it's located in C:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook. I get the error message, "Adobe Reader could not open 'My Contacts Backup.pst' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded)." Do you kn...

office 2007 and old office 2003 excel files
I have a desktop pc with Office 2003 and Vista Home premium system. I am getting a new laptop and am purchasing office 2007 home student to install on it. With the laptop I can access shared files from the desktop. However, all my old files were generated by office 2003. Will the office 2007 be able to access and process these old files? Also, can I uninstall office 2003 from my desktop and install the office 2007 on it and use the old files created by office 2003? Thanks. Carl Yes, Excel 2007 can read 2003 files... You can either convert them to the new version by savi...

Small Publication, Huge File Size
Win98SE, Pub2000, HP LJ2100. Some publications suddenly increase in size for no apparent reason. For example, a two page brochure created with the wizard starts out at about 310kb, but then suddenly becomes 56mb. Then it takes a couple hours (or more) for the printer to print it. Nothing fancy - just plain old wizard pubs. Anyone seen/heard this? Thx, Scott Part of the problem is the way that Publisher 2000 handles pictures. Pub 2002 keeps your file size down a bit. I'm sure one fo the otherc would be able to explain it clearer but that's the easy to understand version. (I...

Opening docs from old versions
In attempting to open a doc created in an ancient version of Word (for Windows, not DOS), I get this message: "You are attempting to open a file that was created in an earlier version of Microsoft Office. This file type is blocked from opening by your registry policy setting." What is the registry setting I must change to override this and allow the opening? Thanks. -TedMi Hi Ted, I'm pretty sure this is the KB article you need: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938810 There are both downloadable reg files and instructions for manual editing...

old posts
How can I find a post I made yesterday? Hi, when you open this post, click on your name, it will pop up a window with your information, at the to right click on Recent posts by this user if this helps please click yes, thanks "Eric" wrote: > How can I find a post I made yesterday? I'd use google. Give it enough information (keywords/author/subject): http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=group:*Excel*&num=100 Ron de Bruin has an excel addin that you may like: http://www.rondebruin.nl/Google.htm Eric wrote:...

Windows Corrupt file
I keep receiveing a message The file or directory c:\Program Files\ common Files\Symantec\EENGINE\EPERSIST.DAT is corrupt and unreadable Please run the Chkdsk utility. When I try to run it nothing happens Can anyone help me? -- BLUESKY In news:F42F67BE-81A1-44FE-A747-6707D684D5A5@microsoft.com, Bluesky <Bluesky@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I keep receiveing a message The file or directory c:\Program Files\ > common Files\Symantec\EENGINE\EPERSIST.DAT is corrupt and unreadable > Please run the Chkdsk utility. > When I try to run it nothing happens >...

Insert File
I currently have a macro(written for MS Word) which inserts a selected file from a directory. Sub GeneralUsertextClauses() With Dialogs(wdDialogInsertFile) ..name = varUSERTEXT ..Show End With End Sub varusertext is referenced as follows: Global Const varUSERTEXT As String = "w:\zzword97\usertext\" How can I ensure that the selected file isn't an attachment when used with Outlook but is just inserted into the body of the text (word is my editor)? JayM You can't. You'd need to be using the Outlook object model and adding an attachment using Outloo...

Saving .xlb file?
I copied my .xlb file from one computer to another from a CD. Apparently, that made the file read-only. I keep trying to modify the toolbars on the second computer, but the changes never stick. And I can't open the .xlb file -any time I try, it just opens Personal.xls. How would I change the ..xlb from read-only so I can save it with my changes? Ed I like to find where excel stores the toolbar file before I put the transfered version there. I'd start excel and then tools|customize create a new (dummy) toolbar. Add an icon to it. Now close excel and then use windows start|sea...

converting publisher files
I developed a brochure in Publisher. I sent it to a friend for her input and constructive criticism. She could not open it with any of her programs and ask me "if I could save it as any one of the following: image file, jpeg, tiff, Word, text file, web file, Frontage or Adobe Pagemaker"? I tried Word and text but neither worked when I opened them. The brochure was developed using Publisher 97 and I have both Word 97 and 2000 on Windows XP. How can I get this to work? Thanks Publisher Problems refer to http://www.mvps.org/publisher/sharing.html -- David Bartosik - ...

Changed a pers folder to "Old Stuff" now can't close/del "Old Stu.
When I installed Outlook I ended up with three "Personal Folders" folders. I was able to delete one of them by changing the name and right clicking on the new name. I changed the name of the 2nd and when I tried to delete it I got the message: "The operation failed. An object could not be found." Has anyone had this problem and if so, did they find a solution? What version of Outlook? Try creating a new mail profile - it sounds like yours is corrupt. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert l...

Hyperlinks to network files
Whenever I save a Hyperlink to a network shared file, the hyperlink adds C:\Documents and Settings\localuser\...rest of network drive file info. Whenever anyone opens the hyperlink file, they cannot open the file because of the poniting to my local drive. I've tried changing the address area several times by eliminating the local information and putting in the \\servername\ trying to force the correct name into the hyperlink but it still saves the local information. ...

Surfplace file!
Hello, Everytime I click in any place of money (home and business 2007), I get a dialog box asking to save or open a "*.surfplace" file. This dialog box don=B4t have the "don=B4t ask me again for this type of file" (or something like that), and I tried everything that I found on web... delete registry settings, create a new profile, nothing seems to work. I use a personalized version of Windows XP, and maybe is something there that is making this problems.... But even if I format and reinstall again, the problem remains... Is there any way to solve this? Some registry set...

Outlook gets OLD messages again....
How does this happen? I've got messages coming in from April that I had deleted. May be your provider restored a backup? -- EDV-Service Marchert [Peter Marchert] --------------------------------------- Homepage: http://www.marchert.de Rufnummernformatierung mit EditNumbers Kontakte per Mausklick mit ContactMaker smerf schrieb: > How does this happen? I've got messages coming in from April that I had > deleted. It's 1and1.com.....the girl that answered couldn't do anything but request a sample email from me and promise a call later. This has happened...