OFX Web Statements Downloaded to Wrong Account

I just upgraded from Money2002 to 2005.  When I now download my bank checking
account statement it is downloaded to the wrong account, a credit card
account from a different bank. How do I get it to download to the correct
account. I don't even get a window allowing me to choose the account when
downloaded.
0
arkbagco (2)
9/8/2005 2:27:07 AM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, arkbagco wrote:

>I just upgraded from Money2002 to 2005.  When I now download my bank checking
>account statement it is downloaded to the wrong account, a credit card
>account from a different bank. How do I get it to download to the correct
>account. I don't even get a window allowing me to choose the account when
>downloaded.

If OFX Web statements are placed in the wrong account, see
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822390&Product=mny
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;327241&Product=mny
0
via_newsgroup (13113)
9/8/2005 4:13:18 AM
using the information at >
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822390&Product=mny
stopped the downloading into the wrong account. now when I download I get an
error window the states.

A communication error occurred. Please try your call again.

What next?

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, arkbagco wrote:
>
> >I just upgraded from Money2002 to 2005.  When I now download my bank checking
> >account statement it is downloaded to the wrong account, a credit card
> >account from a different bank. How do I get it to download to the correct
> >account. I don't even get a window allowing me to choose the account when
> >downloaded.
>
> If OFX Web statements are placed in the wrong account, see
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822390&Product=mny
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;327241&Product=mny

0
arkbagco (2)
9/8/2005 7:43:03 AM
In microsoft.public.money, arkbagco wrote:

>using the information at >
>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822390&Product=mny
>stopped the downloading into the wrong account. now when I download I get an
>error window the states.
>
>A communication error occurred. Please try your call again.
>
>What next?

Confirm that you are doing web download of OFX statements.

Then instead of having Money field the OFX file from the web page,
use IE6 to save the file to a place on your hard drive. Then
File->Import the file from your drive. When you do it that way, what
happens?

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q318378
tells how to repair IE6.

>"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
>> In microsoft.public.money, arkbagco wrote:
>>
>> >I just upgraded from Money2002 to 2005.  When I now download my bank checking
>> >account statement it is downloaded to the wrong account, a credit card
>> >account from a different bank. How do I get it to download to the correct
>> >account. I don't even get a window allowing me to choose the account when
>> >downloaded.
>>
>> If OFX Web statements are placed in the wrong account, see
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822390&Product=mny
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;327241&Product=mny

0
via_newsgroup (13113)
9/8/2005 3:53:42 PM
I have a similar problem. I have a checking that would import the .ofx file
no problem. However, I have since added a savings account from the same bank
and downloaded the .ofx file to my hard drive. When I try to import it, Money
dumps it into the Checking account. When I follow the steps suggested here, I
get the same error: " A communication error occurred. Please try your call
again...etc"

Any ideas?

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, arkbagco wrote:
>
> >using the information at >
> >http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822390&Product=mny
> >stopped the downloading into the wrong account. now when I download I get an
> >error window the states.
> >
> >A communication error occurred. Please try your call again.
> >
> >What next?
>
> Confirm that you are doing web download of OFX statements.
>
> Then instead of having Money field the OFX file from the web page,
> use IE6 to save the file to a place on your hard drive. Then
> File->Import the file from your drive. When you do it that way, what
> happens?
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q318378
> tells how to repair IE6.

> >> If OFX Web statements are placed in the wrong account, see
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822390&Product=mny
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;327241&Product=mny

0
gavinski (5)
9/12/2005 7:19:03 PM
In microsoft.public.money, gavinski wrote:

>I have a similar problem. I have a checking that would import the .ofx file
>no problem. However, I have since added a savings account from the same bank
>and downloaded the .ofx file to my hard drive. When I try to import it, Money
>dumps it into the Checking account. When I follow the steps suggested here, I
>get the same error: " A communication error occurred. Please try your call
>again...etc"

When you do File->Import and browse to the OFX file on your hard
drive, you get " A communication error occurred. Please try your
call again...etc" ?

>Any ideas?
>
>"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
>> In microsoft.public.money, arkbagco wrote:
>>
>> >using the information at >
>> >http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822390&Product=mny
>> >stopped the downloading into the wrong account. now when I download I get an
>> >error window the states.
>> >
>> >A communication error occurred. Please try your call again.
>> >
>> >What next?
>>
>> Confirm that you are doing web download of OFX statements.
>>
>> Then instead of having Money field the OFX file from the web page,
>> use IE6 to save the file to a place on your hard drive. Then
>> File->Import the file from your drive. When you do it that way, what
>> happens?
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q318378
>> tells how to repair IE6.

0
via_newsgroup (13113)
9/12/2005 7:38:40 PM
That is correct:

1. Download statement (from bank site)
2. Save to hard disk
3. Money > File > Import > Download Statement
4. Open .ofx file
5. Error: "A communication error occurred. Please try your call
> >again...etc"

This error occurred when I moved the account to "Not held at a financial
institution". Now I can't recover to the point of even downloading my
checking account statements, even after re-associating the account with the
bank.

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, gavinski wrote:
>
> >I have a similar problem. I have a checking that would import the .ofx file
> >no problem. However, I have since added a savings account from the same bank
> >and downloaded the .ofx file to my hard drive. When I try to import it, Money
> >dumps it into the Checking account. When I follow the steps suggested here, I
> >get the same error: " A communication error occurred. Please try your call
> >again...etc"
>
> When you do File->Import and browse to the OFX file on your hard
> drive, you get " A communication error occurred. Please try your
> call again...etc" ?
>

> >Any ideas?

> >> Confirm that you are doing web download of OFX statements.
> >>
> >> Then instead of having Money field the OFX file from the web page,
> >> use IE6 to save the file to a place on your hard drive. Then
> >> File->Import the file from your drive. When you do it that way, what
> >> happens?
> >>
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q318378
> >> tells how to repair IE6.

0
gavinski (5)
9/12/2005 7:51:20 PM
After playing around with the accounts for a while I was able to get the
import wizard to show up during the import for the Checking acct, instead of
the error. But I coulnd't get the wizard to show up for the Savings ofx file
import. So I just deleted BOTH of the accounts and started again....and it
worked!

For the benefit of others who may suffer the same problem:

1. Delete both accounts.
2. Set up "new" Checking account and import .ofx file.
3. Import the Savings acct ofx file, and hit "new" on the import wizard.

Luckily I don't have a lot of data to be reconciled.

"gavinski" wrote:

> That is correct:
>
> 1. Download statement (from bank site)
> 2. Save to hard disk
> 3. Money > File > Import > Download Statement
> 4. Open .ofx file
> 5. Error: "A communication error occurred. Please try your call
> > >again...etc"
>
> This error occurred when I moved the account to "Not held at a financial
> institution". Now I can't recover to the point of even downloading my
> checking account statements, even after re-associating the account with the
> bank.
>
> "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
> > In microsoft.public.money, gavinski wrote:
> >
> > >I have a similar problem. I have a checking that would import the .ofx file
> > >no problem. However, I have since added a savings account from the same bank
> > >and downloaded the .ofx file to my hard drive. When I try to import it, Money
> > >dumps it into the Checking account. When I follow the steps suggested here, I
> > >get the same error: " A communication error occurred. Please try your call
> > >again...etc"
> >
> > When you do File->Import and browse to the OFX file on your hard
> > drive, you get " A communication error occurred. Please try your
> > call again...etc" ?
> >

> > >Any ideas?

0
gavinski (5)
9/12/2005 9:06:03 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Cal Learner-- MVP wrote:

>In microsoft.public.money, gavinski wrote:
>
>>I have a similar problem. I have a checking that would import the .ofx file
>>no problem. However, I have since added a savings account from the same bank
>>and downloaded the .ofx file to my hard drive. When I try to import it, Money
>>dumps it into the Checking account. When I follow the steps suggested here, I
>>get the same error: " A communication error occurred. Please try your call
>>again...etc"
>
>When you do File->Import and browse to the OFX file on your hard
>drive, you get " A communication error occurred. Please try your
>call again...etc" ?

I would have been expected that might indicate there is a
"<SEVERITY>ERROR" message in the OFX file. However trying to
duplicate that, I can't.

Is there a "<SEVERITY>ERROR" message in the OFX file?

0
via_newsgroup (13113)
9/12/2005 9:06:42 PM
I never received any errors with the OFX files. After deleting both accounts
and re-importing the ofx files everything was fine. (see other follow-up post)

Weird.

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, Cal Learner-- MVP wrote:
>
> >In microsoft.public.money, gavinski wrote:
> >
> >>I have a similar problem. I have a checking that would import the .ofx file
> >>no problem. However, I have since added a savings account from the same bank
> >>and downloaded the .ofx file to my hard drive. When I try to import it, Money
> >>dumps it into the Checking account. When I follow the steps suggested here, I
> >>get the same error: " A communication error occurred. Please try your call
> >>again...etc"
> >
> >When you do File->Import and browse to the OFX file on your hard
> >drive, you get " A communication error occurred. Please try your
> >call again...etc" ?
>
> I would have been expected that might indicate there is a
> "<SEVERITY>ERROR" message in the OFX file. However trying to
> duplicate that, I can't.
>
> Is there a "<SEVERITY>ERROR" message in the OFX file?

0
gavinski (5)
9/12/2005 9:24:33 PM
In microsoft.public.money, gavinski wrote:

>I never received any errors with the OFX files. After deleting both accounts
>and re-importing the ofx files everything was fine. (see other follow-up post)

Good. I wonder if you could have also accomplished the same thing by
removing the FI from both temporarily.

0
via_newsgroup (13113)
9/12/2005 9:32:53 PM
I tried that initially. First removing FI from one, then the other, then
both. At one point I did get the wizard for the checking account, but not
savings. That's when I moved to the next step.

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, gavinski wrote:
>
> >I never received any errors with the OFX files. After deleting both accounts
> >and re-importing the ofx files everything was fine. (see other follow-up post)
>
> Good. I wonder if you could have also accomplished the same thing by
> removing the FI from both temporarily.

0
gavinski (5)

Changing White Space between Web Parts
I am working on a project where we have too much white space between web parts. I am learning SharePoint as I go and can't seem to find where I would go to get rid of the extra white space. Can someone point me in the right direction on this? Jason Lopez Jason, Did you resolve the white space issue? I had the same problem. I used Designer to select the web part zone and changed the padding to 0px in the code. You can change the amount of space to whatever pixel range you want. Also make sure you change all the related master pages. I hope that helps. It worked fo...

Public Folder Replication Message is being delivered to wrong server.
I placed a new exchange server in our network "C" and moved 20 or so replicas to this new server then removed them from the old server "B". All the replicas are working great except one. The Public Folder Tree has not been moved and lives on server "A" If I check the properties for the folder from server "A" it shows only one replica on the new server "C". If I right click the folder in the tree and select "send contents" from "A" to "C" it generates the necessary email message, which I can see in the application ...

Money 2006 -- Manual Bank Download + OFX = AAARRRGGHH!!
I installed Money 2006 Deluxe (upgraded from 2000) about a month ago. It's been working fine. I have to manually download the transactions from my bank because they haven't moved to the 21st century yet. Used to be, I would download in OFX format and the computer would ask me if I wanted to launch Money. I no longer get that prompt since installing two M$ critical updates. Since installing two critical updates on my computer (Windows ME) which have crapped my computer beyond all belief, I have not been able to get the downloads from the bank. I have finally gotten the TMP files to ...

Problem downloading updates in Word & Excel
Version: 2008 Hi, everytime I download the updates for word & excel, I get an error message that say I should quit the word or excel program, but even if I do this I still get the same message. It even comes up when the programs are not running, can anyone advise. Thank you Are you sure you haven't just closed the *files* & left the *programs* running? You have to actually use File> Quit [Application Name] or the equivalent, not just close the open documents. If you're absolutely certain that the apps aren't running & you're still getting that message there...

Smart List Builder for GL Account Summary in GP10
This isn't a big deal, but our client will love it if we can make it work. We're building a smart list to look at GL account summary, and this part works. We then want to make a Go-To that opens the Summary Inquiry window for a selected account. I can get the window to open, but I can't figure out how to make the account number populate. My main table is the GL Account Summary Master, and I've linked the Account Index Master table. So far I've tried the go-to setting the field value and running the script to pull the Account Number String from the account index ...

Money 2002 Changing Investment to Savings account
Is there any way to do this? Am I missing the obvious? Thanks. Randy ...

Saving as web page
When publishing spreadsheets as web pages I would like to set the page to fit within a full screen view. I have some that fit and some that don't and I've worked with the formats in Excel to fit everything within the screen on all of them, but that doesn't seem to help. Can I set the format to do this? Thank you in advance for your assistance. Jeff ...

WEB.CONFIG, ISV.CONFIG, OUTLOOKCLIENT.XML differences
At my office, over the last 48 hours, we've run into a number of different issues with the above 3 files. After running into walls head-first, I made a Word doc for my office, and I'm copying it up on the newsgroup. If you like it, let me know. If you don't, don't tell me. <big grin> ISV.CONFIG, WEB.CONFIG, and OUTLOOKCLIENT.XML These 3 files are major components of any CRM system. Here is what each of them do: ISV.CONFIG: Used for ISV Customizations. It is used to add menus and toolbars to the system. WEB.CONFIG: This file controls a number of variables relating...

How do I import copy of accounts to new company in GP version 8.0
Using MS SQL 2000 and Great Plains 8.0, how do I copy the chart of accounts from an existing company to a new company? I see TechKnowledges for other GP versions, but not for 8.0. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. ...

Outlook does not download e-mail
Outlook 2002 will not download email from the server. I tested the connections and accounts after setup and all the items check off with a green check. However when it comes to sending and receiving messages, they send all right but do not download to my inbox. I upgraded from 0utlook express to outlook and I'm using the same ISP. When I close outlook and open outlook express all the test messages I sent are downloading from the server correctly. Suggestions? ...

multiple if statements #3
Hi all Thanks for help in the past I have in cell A1 either an "L" or an "S" If cell A1= "L" then I require the following formula (which refers to other cells) in cell A2 =IF(D9<E10,1,IF(D9<E11,2,IF(D9>E11,3))) but if cell A1="S" then I need a slightly different formula =IF(D9>E10,1,IF D9>E11,2,IF D9<E11,3))) in cell A2 Many thanks in advance Alex Allowing for D9=E10=E11, try =IF(A1="S",IF(D9<E10,1,IF(D9<E11,2,IF(D9>E11,3,"eq"))),IF(A1="L",IF(D9>E10,1,IF(D9>E11,2,IF(D9<E11,3,...

import ofx file in excel
How easy is it to import/view a money ofx file in excel without having money installed? (The ofx file is export from a banking program) How do you do this? I googled it but most stuff out there is either linking money with excel (means you need money program) or moving an excel file into money? Cannot find an easy solution, shoudl be becasue if you look at the file, it is like XML) Thx Philip Re: How easy is it to import/view a money ofx file in excel without having money installed? Reply: Very easy.. One way to accomplish this.... Open the saved bank ofx file with Notepad, on it&...

Project Accounting Collection Management Integration
For almost four years I have been asking to have the link between Collections Management and Project Accounting created. At one time I thought there was a problem report or suggestion out there but now I am told that the fix didn't make release 9.0 and that there isn't even a suggestion out there. The problem is that currently when you drill back on a biller document in Collections Management it takes you to the Receivables Transaction Inquiry Zoom window instead of the Billing Inquiry Zoom window. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds...

Trouble accessing web service from behind ISA
Hello all, I am developing an application that accesses a hosted web service, and I am developing it in a network that is behind ISA 2004. I was wondering if there are any other special properties I need to set in my code, other than the proxy-server address, to get this application to connect to the remote server; or if there are properties that need to be set on the ISA server itself to allow my application through? Below is a sample of the code if it helps: Dim ws As New localhost.WebServiceName ws.Url = "http://www.URLofWebService.asmx" Dim prox...

updating your account(constantly)!
updating your account keeps flashing on top right of money 2007, screen jiggles don't have a clue what to do? -- Bob In microsoft.public.money, keeganrob1 wrote: >updating your account keeps flashing on top right of money 2007, screen >jiggles don't have a clue what to do? Tell us more: Is your operating system XP or Vista? When you do Help->About.... what is the version? What is the actual message? I also am having this problem. New laptop w/Vista pre loaded. Downloaded MS Money 2007. System seeming locked up as unable to edit any entries or update/download any b...

all account owners changed to same owner
CRM 1.2; server OS w2003, sql server 2000 Some time between Wednesday (16th) afternoon and Thursday (17th) afternoon, when it was first noticed, all accounts (30,000+) had the owner changed. Owners A, B and C each owned about 1/3 of the accounts, now all accounts are owned by owner C. This changed was made without changing the last modifiedon date. We are in the process of restoring from backup. We are at a loss as to how this happened. Has anyone had a similar experience? Thoughts anyone? Thanks, -- Jim Yeah Jim, Somebody or some (workflow or other) process changed them! Field...

Outlook 2003: Reply to messages using the account to which they were sent?
I have a series of email accounts set up in my Outlook 2003. All mail is delivered to my default Inbox. I'm looking for a foolproof means of ensuring that when I reply to an email... that it is sent from the account to which it was sent. I don't want to have to think to change the sending account manually... So: If an email is sent to bob@bob.com, when I hit reply I want the reply account to be bob@bob.com If the email was sent to accounts@bob.com, when I hit reply I want the reply account to be accounts@bob.com Any idea as to how I do this? Thanks Bob All version of Outlook...

web browser problem
Attempting to access a web site that is active. I'm able to see it on other computers and friends are also able to access the site. I last accessed it 6 months ago; now I recieve an unable to connect to internet message. My connection wizard confirms I have service & I can access any other web site on my browser; not this web site. I added it to my trusted web site list, which only has two; to no avail. Can anyone help resolve this problem? -- Marc Marc This is not an Office issue. Try and post this to the proper IE newsgroup that corresponds with your IE Browser...

text format problem after copying from a web page
What I ended up doing for the below was highlighting the "blank" characters and doing a find/replace to replace them with nothing. I still have some kind of format problem because my vlookup isn't working. Anybody know what might be going on and a way to fix it? >Does anyone know how to remove blank spaces at the end of a cell when you exported something >from a webpage into excel? i've tried formatting, custom number, find and replace and the only >thing that works is manually going into the cell and backspacing to the last number and then it >works. of course i...

How can I stop Outlook from importing email from another account?
Every time I open Outlook it imports all of my emails from my main email account. Is there any way that I can stop this? I don't want these to be imported. -- Mary On 15/03/2010 05:48, Mary wrote: > Every time I open Outlook it imports all of my emails from my main email > account. Is there any way that I can stop this? I don't want these to be > imported. Outlook only "imports" if you specifically TELL it to. You need to describe EXACTLY what happens. Tell us the type of email account as well. ...

IIF Statement Help
I’m looking to write an IIF statement to use as the control source for the ATTDATE2 field. I have a form called GeneralForm with a subform on it called HistoryForm. My goal is to have: =IIF([SIGNWORK]=”Install” OR “Replace” OR “Relocate & Replace” AND [FACETYPE]=”High Intensity” OR “Diam. Grade”,[COMPDATE]+7305) Signwork and Facetype are both combo boxes. I’ve tried nesting IIF and it will work (see below), but when I try a third string, I get an error message about the wrong number of arguments. Plus, it’s complex and I’m sure there’s a better way to do this. Tr...

Default web browser
How do I change my default web browser I have tried going to "Set Program access and Defaults" and changing it but it keeps going back to "use current browser" which is Crome. Jeff T. wrote: > How do I change my default web browser I have tried going to "Set Program > access and Defaults" and changing it but it keeps going back to "use > current browser" which is Crome. > > http://www.google.com/support/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95417 The link given in the article, takes you here. http://windows....

Web Cam
Hi, How to get images from webcam, or stablish a p2p connection with a webca? On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 08:45:18 -0500, Ivan Cachicatari wrote: > How to get images from webcam, or stablish a p2p connection with a webca? Look at the DirectShow SDK (now part of the Platform SDK). Also check out my site for an overview of resources for DirectShow: http://tmhare.mvps.org ...

RUS and Migrated Accounts
Scenario: Exchange 2003 mixed mode single AD domain, multiple NT4 legacy domain. ADC running correctly. Mailbox is created in 5.5 administrator, created by ADC in AD and merged using cleanup wizard. User is then migrated using the Migration tool. Mailbox then moved to an Exchange 2003 system Problem: When the user has been migrated and a test email sent / user logon the NEW Active Directory account does not show in the permisions for the mailbox, only the migrated user. Obviously this will cause a problem once the legacy domain is retracted. Question: Does anyone have any thoughts on t...

Importing ofx file
I'm using Money 2004 Premium and I was downloading my bank account information in ofx format directly in Money; recently this stopped working and I have to manually import the file into money. Not a big deal, but an annoyance just the same. Does anyone have a suggestion as to a fix for this? tia dennisd In message <QK3kl.3776$rt3.617@newsfe15.iad>, dennis <djd@home.net> writes >I'm using Money 2004 Premium and I was downloading my bank account >information in ofx format directly in Money; recently this stopped working >and I have to manually import the fi...