OFX statement download now need to SAVE instead of OPEN

The problem:

Bank of America offers the option to download statements
from their website.  I used to be able to ask for the
download and get the typical Internet Explorer dialog
about whether to "OPEN" or "SAVE" the file.  I would
click "OPEN," the .OFX file would process, and Money
would say "IMPORT COMPLETED."

For the past several weeks, this has been broken.  I
can "OPEN" the file all I want, but Money does not
process it.

If I "SAVE" the file to my harddrive instead as a .OFX
file, and then double-click on that file, Money correctly
processes the file.

What has changed?  Any ideas?  It's a pain to have to
save and then delete the file.

(As an aside, I wish BofA would switch to allowing
immediate downloads of statements without having to use
the website, as Fidelity, Fleet, and many other banks do.)

Thanks in advance.

0
anonymous (74721)
2/29/2004 2:56:14 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Linda Custer wrote:

>The problem:
>
>Bank of America offers the option to download statements
>from their website.  I used to be able to ask for the
>download and get the typical Internet Explorer dialog
>about whether to "OPEN" or "SAVE" the file.  I would
>click "OPEN," the .OFX file would process, and Money
>would say "IMPORT COMPLETED."
>
>For the past several weeks, this has been broken.  I
>can "OPEN" the file all I want, but Money does not
>process it.
>
>If I "SAVE" the file to my harddrive instead as a .OFX
>file, and then double-click on that file, Money correctly
>processes the file.
>
>What has changed?  Any ideas?  It's a pain to have to
>save and then delete the file.

Start->Settings->ControlPanel->FolderOptions->FileTypes

Select OFX-- Open Financial Exchange File .

Click Advanced. Check Confirm Open After Download unless
you would not like the pop-up box.

See that the "Actions" box contains "Open" in bold. If it is not
bold, you can select Open as the default action by clicking the
Set Default button.

Click Edit.

When you click edit, the application used to perform action
should be the following line:
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyimprt.exe" %1
WITH the quotes, and the %1 after the quote. The path will
differ based on your installation. Modify for your setup.

Application should be mnyimprt with the appropriate path.
The easy way to fix this may be to reinstall Money.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)
2/29/2004 3:25:29 PM
Thanks.

Everything is as you suggest, so I don't think this is
the problem.  (Also, note that downloading the file and
double-clicking it imports fine, so all the file links
seem to be working correctly.)

However, reading another note on the board suggested
clearing out my IE temp files and starting msmoney with
the -s switch.  I've tried that.  Tomorrow -- or probably
Tuesday -- when there are fresh transactions to import
from B of A, I'll see if this fixes the problem.

0
anonymous (74721)
3/1/2004 1:46:35 AM
In microsoft.public.money, <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Everything is as you suggest, so I don't think this is
>the problem.  (Also, note that downloading the file and
>double-clicking it imports fine, so all the file links
>seem to be working correctly.)
>
>However, reading another note on the board suggested
>clearing out my IE temp files and starting msmoney with
>the -s switch.  I've tried that.  Tomorrow -- or probably
>Tuesday -- when there are fresh transactions to import
>from B of A, I'll see if this fixes the problem.

There is one more thing: in IE6, uncheck
Tools->InternetOptions->DoNotSaveEncryptedPagesToDisk.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

WAMU Download Problems
This past week, everytime I download transactions from Washington Mutual to Money 2004, it says the file is corrupt. I have been on the phone with WAMU and MS, and both state to contact the other group. Any suggestions, outside of MS' recommendation of "reinstall the app"? Try the Super Salvage Utility. That will fix any corruption in your money file. If the problem is in the OFX file downloaded from your FI, then the FI should step up to the plate and address it. Tell the FI Microsoft supplies tools to test OFX Files, and you think they need to do that, refer them ...

plz help me .......[plz].....[i need a help [ :( ] ]
hi , every body; i want to write an easy program; if u have time plz write that code for me i want to write a program that it gets a number from user then save it in filestream i mean to see tahat number ever time that i want at that file i need a help On Mar 7, 6:04=A0pm, sahel <nam.nam.baro...@gmail.com> wrote: > hi , every body; > i want to write an easy program; > if u have time plz write that code for me > i want to write a program that it gets a number from user then save it > in filestream > i mean to see tahat number ever time that i want at that f...

Hyperlink to folder on Save
Hi I'm losing the link to my folder when I save my worksheet having set it up a hyperlink. I've tried switiching off 'update links on Save' in the Web Options which seems to work OK but when anyone else opens the file form another network PC, the link is lost again when they save the document. Is there anyway I can lock the hyperlink down so the address doesn't get aleter when its saved on other network PCs? Try using the HYPERLINK() function instead =HYPERLINK("file:////c:\filename.xls","Book1") -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "F...

Save charts as Windows Metafiles
This has undoubtedly been asked before, but: Is there a method, plug-in tool, VB script or something that enables you to save Excel graphs as WMF or EMF files? Without first copy-pasting it into some drawing program and saving it there? Ideally, one would copy the graph to the clipboard, and then be able to access a dialogue direclty from/in Excel that lets you save it as a WMF file. Thanks for any suggestions you can provide! Jeroen Dekker jeroen@square1.nl ...

I received a .pub doc. How do I open it?
I have XP Pro...... Hi redcaver2003 (redcaver2003@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I have XP Pro...... 1. Open Microsoft Publisher 2. Go to File > Open and browse to the location on your harddrive where you saved the file 3. Click Open. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Unless you have Publisher you won't be able to open it. Choices: Get Publisher Have the sender use another method, i.e., convert to pdf. -- D...

Need inserted lines to print in correct position on Excel graphs
The aim lines and trend lines that I inserted into the Excel graph appear in the correct position on my monitor screen, but when I print the graph they appear higher than when seen on the screen. How can I get the printed lines to appear in the correct position? Hi, Did you use shapes to draw the lines? You could try changing the Move and cell property. But the best solution would be to create the lines using dummy series. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Lavonne" <Lavonne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D4CD...

Need rotation schedule with 6 tables of 6 people for all to meet o
I am trying to develop an algorithm for a networking session. I need a rotation schedule so that everyone will get to meet everyone only once. I will have 6 tables of 6 people at each table for a total of 36 people. I have the tables lettered A B C D E F and 1-36 people numbered and want to rotate everyone through so they all get to talk to each other just once. On Fri, 13 Apr 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, sccyclist <sccyclist@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I am trying to develop an algorithm for a networking session. I need a >rotation schedule so that eve...

Converting XLS file to QIF or to OFX
How do I safely and securely convert an excel file (xls) to a QIF or OFX file? "dreamchaser" wrote: > How do I safely and securely convert an excel file (xls) to a QIF or OFX file? In Excel, save the file to CSV and ustilise iCreateOFX Basic from: http://icreateofx.co.uk/Convert-CSV-to-OFX to convert the saved CSV file to OFX. ...

Using Powerpoint 2007
PPS files on webpage open as PPT using PowerPoint 2007. Don't have this same issue when opening the same link from an Office 2003 computer, they run the show only. -- Miroshak ...

Formula appears instead of value
What would cause a formula to display instead of the result. For example in sheet1 A1 if I enter =Sheet2!A1 I will get =Sheet2!A1 displayed in the cell. I should point out this problem does not occur if I select a different range on the same sheet. Hope you can understand what my problem is! Pat Most likely the cell is formatted as Text. Change the format to General, and press F2 then Enter. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Pat" <glass_patrick@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ejkP1YMBFHA.1452@TK2...

Links in Excel 2000...need help
Hi, Would you happen to know how to switch the setting in excel so that when I doubleclick on a cell with a link to another tab (worksheet), it will take me to that tab and specifically the cell referenced? Thx, Maybe you can use a worksheet formula. David McRitchie has posted these formulas that he uses. =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",C5),C5) =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",sheetone!C5),sheetone!C5) =HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",'sheet two'!C5),'sheet two'!C5) === but you meant like what hap...

Opening LInks in Email
I am not able to open address links when they are sent as part of an email. Can this feature be activated? TIA Eric Aloha ecm, Probably. We need a lot more information about your setup to tell you how, though. To start with What version of Outlook are you using? -Ben- Ben M. Schorr - MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm > I am not able to open address links when they are sent as part of an > email. Can this feature be activated? > > TIA > Eri I'm using ver 6 Outlook Express. ...

unable to open outlook #4
I have microsoft outook 2002. I can no longer open it. It has hour glass icon and freezes. After ending task it asks to start the outlook program in safe mode. That also failed. Where can get help? Please advice. sp See http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntstart.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "sp" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05d201c48fe9$bf767560$a401280a@phx.gbl... >I have m...

Opening Text Files and Re-Saving Them
Hi. I am trying to write some code which will allow a user to select a folder and then will open all of the text files in that folder and re-save them as excel files. I have sorted out the code to enable the user to select the folder they wish to use, but am looking some assistance on the looping to enable each of the text files to be opened and re-saved. Can anyone suggest how I might do this. Thanks. If the text files are all the same, you could record a macro that Opens, saves as an excel file, and closes the file. Then that recorded macro could be modified to open...

Money internal error when I download from bank
Help! was using M04, recently upgraded to M05. After new install was prompted to use MSN passport- realised afterwards I didnt want to. After reinstall and restore from backup, I am now finding that when I download from Royal Bank (Canada) there is an "internal error" and money restarts. It often does this 2 or 3 times on restart, and Ive lost the downlaod data from the bank- Im fed up with having to restart and type entries by hand. Have I a setting wrong somewhere? ...

Outlook 2003 Can't Open Item MS OFFICE FAILED
Yikes, I'm having a real problem. I am running Windows XP with Service Pack 2 Home Edition Office 2003 with Service Pack 2 (only have Outlook and Word installed) Toshiba Notebook M15-S405 Satellite Pro 1.4 ghz with 512 mgs ram I woke up one morning and saw that I had a stop error window open on my computer explaining that Windows had encountered some kind of driver error and that windows had to restart. Windows offered that I review my system for serious errors. That is a very sad thing to wake up to. So I ran a chkdsk and defragged and a virus check. No problems there. I checked my ...

Missing Fonts when saved in PDF
On occasion, when I save my publication in PDF form, the fonts will change. Are there certain fonts which are not allowed? How do I get them? Not all fonts can be embedded. There's nothing you can do about that except to use fonts than can be. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "bellarush" <bellarush@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:036AE470-3C94-4298-9FEB-AC929F16A30A@microsoft.com... > On occasion, when I save my publication in PDF form, the fonts will > change. &...

trouble opening office 2003 excel files
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I am having difficulty opening Excel files that were created in the 2003 version withthe 2008 version. The files were originally created on a windows XP machine, then imported into a Mac using Office 2003 under system 10.4. The files are rather large, approximately 60 columns by 10,000 rows. I haad no difficulty in working with the files between the Windows and Mac systems. I recently got a new MacBook Pro with an Intel processor and installed Office 2008. When I try to read these large Excel files on my new lap...

ftp server or I can saved from Ecxel? #2
I need to fine out how to save a hml workbook onto my website do I need to use ftp server or I can saved from Ecxel? Kosta ...

I need an Excel Genius !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Headers/Footer Changes
I think I need some work around code. I have two workbooks named QG and Add-In. Add-In contains all the code to manipulate data in QG. I have two option buttons in Sheets("QUOTE") in QG. Each option button represents a company. When an option button is clicked the code below located in Add-In is called, which changes the Header and Footer to represent that company. The code works fine, but there is a fault. If the Logo is moved to a different folder the code fails. Is there a way to store the two company logos (.jpeg) in one of the workbooks so that when one...

Dates and balances don't change after downloads
I am using Money 2005 and I have five accounts (three bank accounts and two credit card accounts) from which I download financial data. Downloading financial data gives me no problem but the balance and dates of four of the five accounts don't change: they all sit on the same date with the time as midnight and the balance as it was in October or November. How do I fix this? Salvage tells me the files are fine and I'm at a loss. Steven ...

deleting a calendar series needs new option
When you have a series for a meeting appointment and after a year there is no longer a meeting your first impulse is to delete the meeting series from your calender. When you do this it deletes all past, present and future occurrances of the appointment. It would be really nice if the delete had an option to say from here forward so you can preserve history in the calender. Thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in...

Cannot open document in email because it needs excel. How do I d.
I have inbound email that will not open attachment becausse it is on excel. How do I open this document? Fredd Assuming you do not have Excel installed. Download and install the Excel Viewer from.... http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2000/xlviewer.aspx You will be able to view and print Excel worksheets. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 17:04:04 -0800, "fred" <fred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have inbound email that will not open attachment becausse it is on excel. >How do I open this document? fred wrote: > I have inbound email that...

Open Access2000 from Visual Studio C++ 6.0
How can I open an Access 2002 data base from MSV C++ 6.0? Flor wrote: > How can I open an Access 2002 data base from MSV C++ 6.0? Hi Flor, There are many ways to open an Access DB what method are you wanting to use. ADO? DAO? ODBC? -- William ...

Performance of savings accounts
One problem that I keep running into with Money is that it has a very clear distinction between investment accounts and checking/savings accounts. So far, I have not been able to find a way to get money to give me a performance report on a savings account or to consider the savings account to be part of my portfolio. When I want to check how well my investments did over a year, I cannot get data about my savings accounts and so the data that is given on my investment accounts does not account for my savings... "Money 2005 Deluxe user" <Money2005Deluxeuser@discussions.micro...