NOT Impressed with Money 2005

Just updated from Money 2003 Deluxe & Business to Money
2005 Small Business.  Can't find any improvements worth
having (for my operation), but lots of backward steps.
The interface is glitchy ... sometimes it works, sometimes
I get odd errors that look almost like an internet
failure.  Sometimes even the help menu won't start.
Features I've hoped to see over the years still aren't
there.  It seemed to convert my old money file with no
problems, but I've had to abandon online updates.  I have
multiple money files (personal, business 1, business
2,etc) and at each banking institution I have a single
online id that accesses all accounts.  With this
new "improvement", you can no long select the accounts you
want to download into a money file.  It hits the bank and
downloads all of them. In one case, I have 7 accounts at
an institution and it downloads all seven of them into
each money file.  The balance sheet looks great, but its a
LIE.  A MAJOR MAJOR backward step.  Makes Quicken look
more promising all the time.

I saw an article in the Wall Street Journal last week
(section II, front page) that pretty much said "Buy
Apple ... Use Mozilla ... if its Microsoft run from
it" ..... HMMMMMM.
0
danny5452 (1)
9/20/2004 3:05:11 PM
money 28651 articles. 4 followers. Follow

Hello Danny:

I am in the same situation. I opened support incident with Microsoft, and
insisted that it is escalated to the people who would at least understand
what I'm talking about (the initial response was "it's your bank's fault").
Finally, they responded that there's no solution, but the issue is forwarded
to product group which will be looking into it.

Given, however, the known pattern of Microsoft to address the issues in
proportion to the number of affected users, it would greatly help if you did
the same - opened a free support incident at support.microsoft.com and
followed up with it.

Vadim

You wrote  on Mon, 20 Sep 2004 08:05:11 -0700:

 DG> Just updated from Money 2003 Deluxe & Business to Money
 DG> 2005 Small Business.  Can't find any improvements worth
 DG> having (for my operation), but lots of backward steps.
 DG> The interface is glitchy ... sometimes it works, sometimes
 DG> I get odd errors that look almost like an internet
 DG> failure.  Sometimes even the help menu won't start.
 DG> Features I've hoped to see over the years still aren't
 DG> there.  It seemed to convert my old money file with no
 DG> problems, but I've had to abandon online updates.  I have
 DG> multiple money files (personal, business 1, business
 DG> 2,etc) and at each banking institution I have a single
 DG> online id that accesses all accounts.  With this
 DG> new "improvement", you can no long select the accounts you
 DG> want to download into a money file.  It hits the bank and
 DG> downloads all of them. In one case, I have 7 accounts at
 DG> an institution and it downloads all seven of them into
 DG> each money file.  The balance sheet looks great, but its a
 DG> LIE.  A MAJOR MAJOR backward step.  Makes Quicken look
 DG> more promising all the time.

 DG> I saw an article in the Wall Street Journal last week
 DG> (section II, front page) that pretty much said "Buy
 DG> Apple ... Use Mozilla ... if its Microsoft run from
 DG> it" ..... HMMMMMM.

With best regards, Vadim Rapp.  E-mail: vrapp@nospam.polyscience.com

0
vrapp (55)

New Money Version
Once upon a time MS issued new versions of money each fall. Has that happened recently? Any idea when a new one will be released? (Always hoping they will improve the product, you see.) All we have been permitted to know can be found in this thread: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.money/browse_thread/thread/1dd0d98f57e7c57b?q=future+release+dates+TBD+group:microsoft.public.money There are many related similar threads. What the recent round of cuts at Microsoft mean for Money we do not know. But no one has speculated there is a pony hiding under that pile of ... "W&...

Printing reports in Money Plus
Why can't I use Print Preview when I want to print a report? If I just print my report comes out split in half and on 2 pages. I guess my question is, if all other Microsoft programs use the same print process, why did they have to change it for Money? I want it to look just like it does on my computer screen. If I try to send it to myself as a csv file it contains no formating and is a mess. If I try to send it to myself as an xml I can't open it any program without the markup showing. It seems to me that I should be able to just print what I see, like any other program such as Wo...

Conversion from UK money file to US money file
Hi I'm now living in the US having moved over from the UK, but I still do some UK banking transactions. I'd like to use a US money edition to take advantage of the direct download functions for my US bank accounts, but when I downloaded the US deluxe 2006 trial edition it has refused to convert my 2005 UK money file. Anyone know any way I can do this? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, DullingWine wrote: >I'm now living in the US having moved over from the UK, but I still do some >UK banking transactions. I'd like to use a US money edition to take >advantag...

Money Essentials Categories
I am new to Money - I was a Quicken user. In Quicken, I can add any new categories I want. Is there a way to add categories in Money? Thanks! Yes. Use Money Deluxe or higher. Money Essentials (MEss) is just a little too essential for just about anyone. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=188. "Barbara" <Barbara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2AD0C245-DA3D-4289-859A-46812484EA35@microsoft.com... > I am new to Money - I was a Quicken user. In Quicken, I can add any new > categories I want. Is there a way to add categories in Money? Essential...

A gem from the Money Monthly Report for October
"Your total income this month was $xx,355.19. Investments sales of ($0.62) helped your income to increase by $1,628.24 from September." Yah, but not by much. Sometimes you've just got to love this thing. Hello Dick: You wrote in conference microsoft.public.money on Mon, 1 Nov 2004 21:39:33 -0700: DW> "Your total income this month was $xx,355.19. Investments sales of DW> ($0.62) helped your income to increase by $1,628.24 from September." how did you manage to sell investments on $0.62? Vadim I'm not sure of that myself. There was a $25 sell to...

Money 2004 online expired .. Money 2006 or Money 2007?
I was surprised to find out today that my Money 04 Dlx online services expired with no warning (or I didn't notice any). I thought I had until Sept 2007 (didn't look close enough ... 3 years of support from installation or Sept 2007 whichever is earlier) I already have Money 06 Dlx but I know Money 07 is out. I use Money for: Lifetime Planner Tax Estimator Direct Downloading and categorizing credit cards transactions Direct Investments downloads and Online Quotes and Reports/Custom Reports Current Money 2004 performance is okay I am looking for opinions/advice from others past...

Money 2005 Opinions
Please advise how you like Money 2005 from other versions. What new features can I expect from this version. I intend to possibly purchase the M2005 Standard as I do not utilize the enough of the advanced functions. See http://umpmfaq.info/Money2005.htm for my input. YMMV. See also http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=164 for important information if you are presently using a Standard edition. "anonymous" <allamericancowboy@att.net> wrote in message news:1109180936.448196.318970@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > Please advise how you like Money 2005 from other versions. Wha...

Problem removing shares in Money 2001
When I try to remove all the shares of a mutual fund investment, I get a message that says doing so will cause a negative balance at some point, and advises me to arrange the transactions so this doesn't happen. Obviously removing all shares would bring the balance to zero, but I don't see why it would ever go negative. The same message appears whether I try to confirm a downloaded transaction, or try to do the transaction manually. Nothing I try to work around this seems to work. Anyone have a solution, or a clue as to why it is happening? Many thanks. Sometimes rounding errors acc...

Money + MSN Money
Does anyone else use MSN Money in conjunction with M04? Any benefits? Any risks? ...

Money 2005 Requires Passport?
Ok, I have not upgraded in 2 years because I have been scared away. I download the trial of 2005 and in order to even get started I have to associate a passport account with the new money file? I have one, but only use it for MSN messaging. I don't mind having the option, but a requirement? I do not like this and it will probably be a deal breaker for me. Especially when logging into passport is flaky at times. Unless you want to keep a copy of your Money file on-line so you can access it when away from "home" you don't need a passport or a password with Money. Without a ...

Can I install Money on 2 PCs & share same 1 file over network?
Hi, I want to install Money 2004 Premium on two PCs on my home network but have them share the same one "My Money.mny" file. My goal is for both myself and my wife to be able to work the same one Money file. This is not so we can work at the same time but so that when one of us is working, we can do so from our own PC. - Can I legally install the same one copy of Money on two different PCs? - If so, can PC #2 access/use, across my home LAN, the "master" "My Money.mny" file that resides on PC #1? - If so, how do I do this? Is there a KB article that ...

No MS Money Release in 2009...Question
I have read that Microsoft has announced that there will be no Money release in 2009. My Money Plus is set to expire on 08/09/2009. What is Money doing for those who are set to expire? Will we have to worry? Only time will tell for sure. Nothing has been announced yet. My **suspicion** is that either a) Microsoft will come up with some way to take your money to extend that date, or b) the date won't be immediately enforced. But I could be completely wrong. <nomail@mybox.net> wrote in message news:13prq4907108c9ae1re0r2sjfvomll47jp@4ax.com... >I have read that Microsoft...

WILL THERE BE A MONEY 2009?
I haven't been on this board for awhile so I haven't searched back to see if any of you are aware of what Microsoft Money's plans are for an updated version this fall. My usual source for years had been Costco warehouse but I know that Money Plus for 2008 was not sold there this past year. In fact, the primary sales point for Money Plus was internet download. Quicken did maintain sales points at most major distributors in 2008. So what marketing plans are you guys aware of for Money 2009? Will we HAVE a new version of Money this Fall? Thanks for your input. Steve The short answer...

Is PPC Money 2004 compatible with Money 2003?
I just bought a iPAQ which has Pocket PC 2003 installed, but this is not compatible with PPC Money 2003. Can I download and install PPC Money 2004 instead? Does it synchronize with Money 2003 via ActiveSync? Thanks. It should - give it a try and let us know what happens. -- Michael Gordon MVP "PhiL M." <@.com.hk> wrote in message news:eYnK7YusEHA.624@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >I just bought a iPAQ which has Pocket PC 2003 installed, but this is not > compatible with PPC Money 2003. > > Can I download and install PPC Money 2004 instead? Does it synchroni...

some quicklinks in Money UK do not work
How are the quicklink shortcuts generated in Money? I have "Home, Accounts, Bills, Reports, Budget, My Money, Investing, Banking, Planning, Mortgages, Insurance, Students" as my quicklinks, but only "Home, Accounts, Bills, Reports and Budget" actually do anything. If I click on the others, I just get "The webpage cannot be found". If I look at the address in the browser bar after clicking on the links, I see that it shows up as a French link - ie if I click on "banking" the browser window shows up as http://money.msn.fr/bank_plan/default.asp Howe...

Money 2006 & Vista
i'm using the canadian version of money 2006 ,I've now installed Vista home premium, my money program will not run and I cannot find any updates . Is microsoft going to address this problem? if so how do I find it? You need to a) put your .mny file in a place where you have unrestricted access e.g. Documents/My Documents - definitely NOT Program Files and b) first time start Money by right clicking on the icon or .exe and choosing Run As Administrator. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB...

Not impressed with IE8
Well for those of us who bought the hype and moved to Win7, using IE8 is not an option. Like so many of the other posts I am not impressed with either at all. Since this is a post about IE8 I'll stay on that subject. The inability to merge toolbars is decades overdue. The favorites bar is not used by anyone I know, although I am sure there are some folks who just leave it suck up space on their window. Security (Safety - LOL) is cumbersome, intrusive and so ineffective that almost all of us still depend on third party software and have to disable the 'features...

Money 2007
Hi, Romania has a new currency for a few years. Actually it is the same currency but called new leu (RON). Money 2007 has no such currency or at least the rate for Roman leu is not correct. How can I include the new currency to the software? Thanks, P�ter Pick a currency that you aren't using and change it's name. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For unofficial FAQs see http://money.mvps.org/ or http://umpmfaq.info/ I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "P�ter Fischer" <pfischer@online.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

Your Impressions of Polyserve please!
We have been looking at Polyserve recently. A blog post I came across said it might not be worth the effort. http://www.lifeasbob.com/2010/02/04/PeakIsOver.aspx I was hoping to get some feedback from people out there that are using it, or have used it in the past, not just the sales pitch. I've already got Bob's take on it (Thanks Bob!), and I'd like a few others if you have some time. As always TIA! David You are doing yourself a SERIOUS disservice if you take that post as anything meaningful!! There is absolutely no discussion of WHY, and it is thus usele...

Workaround for MSN Money synchronization bugs?
I'm trying to sync my accounts from Money 2003 to MSN Money. There are already some accounts on MSN Money from a previous installation I had, and I'd like to delete them so that the synchronization will work. There is no way to to this from what I can see, and from what I've read in numerous other posts over the years explaining the same problem. I thought I might be able to get Money to sync with the existing accounts. Apparently that is not an option, however, because it seems that there is a bug that makes the synchronization wizard believe that most of my Money accounts do n...

NOT Impressed with Money 2005
Just updated from Money 2003 Deluxe & Business to Money 2005 Small Business. Can't find any improvements worth having (for my operation), but lots of backward steps. The interface is glitchy ... sometimes it works, sometimes I get odd errors that look almost like an internet failure. Sometimes even the help menu won't start. Features I've hoped to see over the years still aren't there. It seemed to convert my old money file with no problems, but I've had to abandon online updates. I have multiple money files (personal, business 1, business 2,etc) and at ...

How do I import Excel into Microsoft Money
#1 - This question is more likely to get an answer in the Money newsgroup than here #2 - Place your question in the body of the message, with a little more explanation of what you want to accomplish "Tax Help" wrote: > You can't do it directly. The only formats that Money can import are QIF and OFX. Go to Google and search for excel money import qif to get multiple hits including macros and/or commercial solutions. One the I found is http://www.bigredconsulting.com/AboutXLQIFConverter.htm Their program is $39. On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 12:55:03 -0800, "Tax H...

Error message on Money 2005
Keep getting error message: Money is not able to load some or all of your financial Planner data. Please note the error number of the message, and then contact Microsfot Technical Support for mor information. HRESULT=0x80046213 I am using an XP machine, I have also imported a Quicken file! In microsoft.public.money, Shane Nation wrote: >Keep getting error message: >Money is not able to load some or all of your financial Planner data. Really? > Please >note the error number of the message, and then contact Microsfot Technical >Support for mor information. >HRESULT...

Money 2005 UK to Money 2005 Financial Suite UK
Hi, I've been running the standard UK version of Money 2005 on 64-bit Vista Business with no problems. I've just got a copy of the UK version of Money 2005 Financial Suite, and have installed it - as far as I can tell, the installation proceeded normally. However, now I can't open any of my Money files. When I try, it tells me it needs to convert them, then says that it can't find the file it's trying to convert or that it may be read-only or I may not have permissions to access it. I'm running Money as administrator. Should I have completely uninstalled the ...

Tile Windows Vertically Problem Money 2005
I have used Money for years, but when I installed Money 2005 Deluxe, I find that it doesn't tile vertically properly with another window. It ends up on top with the other window in full desktop under the Money window. Is there a fix for this problem? And/or does Money 2006 have the same problem? Glen ...