Not getting bank account payee info

I'm having the following problem:

In Money, I select to create a new account.
I select the Bank of America (BOA) listing for my state
I enter the authentication information
Money downloads the transactions for that account
** However, the payee information is missing.

If I manually download a QIF file from the BOA site and import that into
Money the information is correctly imported.

Is there a way for me to get this information without manually downloading
and importing a file each time?

money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

If the provider isn't supplying the information --and that's what it sounds
like in this case -- then there won't be anyway for Money to display it.

--
Michael Gordon

"Tom" <tom.archer@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I'm having the following problem:
>
> In Money, I select to create a new account.
> I select the Bank of America (BOA) listing for my state
> I enter the authentication information
> Money downloads the transactions for that account
> ** However, the payee information is missing.
>
> If I manually download a QIF file from the BOA site and import that into
> Money the information is correctly imported.
>
> Is there a way for me to get this information without manually downloading
> and importing a file each time?

0
gordonm (1013)
1/22/2007 12:49:38 PM
Thanks Michael. Since the information is stored in the QIF file for import,
I didn't know if maybe there was an option I didn't have set up correctly.

"Michael Gordon" <gordonm@denison.edu> wrote in message
> If the provider isn't supplying the information --and that's what it
> sounds like in this case -- then there won't be anyway for Money to
> display it.
>
> --
> Michael Gordon
>

> "Tom" <tom.archer@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> I'm having the following problem:
>>
>> In Money, I select to create a new account.
>> I select the Bank of America (BOA) listing for my state
>> I enter the authentication information
>> Money downloads the transactions for that account
>> ** However, the payee information is missing.
>>
>> If I manually download a QIF file from the BOA site and import that into
>> Money the information is correctly imported.
>>
>> Is there a way for me to get this information without manually
>> downloading and importing a file each time?

My experience is that some FIs provide payee information (often incorrect)
and others don't. One would think a FI would provide the same info in QIF
and OFX, but.....................

--

> Thanks Michael. Since the information is stored in the QIF file for
> import, I didn't know if maybe there was an option I didn't have set up
> correctly.
>

> "Michael Gordon" <gordonm@denison.edu> wrote in message
>> If the provider isn't supplying the information --and that's what it
>> sounds like in this case -- then there won't be anyway for Money to
>> display it.
>>
>> --
>> Michael Gordon
>>

>> "Tom" <tom.archer@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>> I'm having the following problem:
>>>
>>> In Money, I select to create a new account.
>>> I select the Bank of America (BOA) listing for my state
>>> I enter the authentication information
>>> Money downloads the transactions for that account
>>> ** However, the payee information is missing.
>>>
>>> If I manually download a QIF file from the BOA site and import that into
>>> Money the information is correctly imported.
>>>
>>> Is there a way for me to get this information without manually
>>> downloading and importing a file each time?

0
gordonm (1013)
1/23/2007 1:10:24 AM
Can you identify which state so that we know if you are using a direct
connect or using CashEdge.

Surprised that you are not using OFX from Bank of America instead of GIF.
This implies to me that you do not have a direct connection.

Art

"Tom" <tom.archer@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I'm having the following problem:
>
> In Money, I select to create a new account.
> I select the Bank of America (BOA) listing for my state
> I enter the authentication information
> Money downloads the transactions for that account
> ** However, the payee information is missing.
>
> If I manually download a QIF file from the BOA site and import that into
> Money the information is correctly imported.
>
> Is there a way for me to get this information without manually downloading
> and importing a file each time?

State = WA

I've never used Money before (longtime Quicken user) so I was hoping that I
just hadn't configured something correctly.

FWIW, I installed Quicken and it connects and retrieves all the data
correctly.

"Art McClinton" <art.mcclinton@cox.net> wrote in message
> Can you identify which state so that we know if you are using a direct
> connect or using CashEdge.
>
> Surprised that you are not using OFX from Bank of America instead of GIF.
> This implies to me that you do not have a direct connection.
>
> Art
>
> "Tom" <tom.archer@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> I'm having the following problem:
>>
>> In Money, I select to create a new account.
>> I select the Bank of America (BOA) listing for my state
>> I enter the authentication information
>> Money downloads the transactions for that account
>> ** However, the payee information is missing.
>>
>> If I manually download a QIF file from the BOA site and import that into
>> Money the information is correctly imported.
>>
>> Is there a way for me to get this information without manually
>> downloading and importing a file each time?

Bank Of America in Washington state does not use a direct connection.  I am
not certain if they are using CashEdge or Yodlee.  It used to be Yodlee.  In
order to make that work you must log into the MSN (have a passport account).
Thus it will become a two step process where the intermediate logs into your
Bank Of America account, does a screen scrap of the information and then
sends it to your machine via a QIF file.

Your Money data will be stored on MSN Money Central where you can log in
from any machine to view or update it.

I do not know if you have the choice of downloading OFX files from BoA WA
but they have the advantage over a QIF file of not duplicating downloads.

If you have direct connect into Quicken, I would be tempted to stay with
Quicken.

Art
You can reach me directly by dropping "rt." from return address.

> State = WA
>
> I've never used Money before (longtime Quicken user) so I was hoping that
> I just hadn't configured something correctly.
>
> FWIW, I installed Quicken and it connects and retrieves all the data
> correctly.
>

> "Art McClinton" <art.mcclinton@cox.net> wrote in message
>> Can you identify which state so that we know if you are using a direct
>> connect or using CashEdge.
>>
>> Surprised that you are not using OFX from Bank of America instead of GIF.
>> This implies to me that you do not have a direct connection.
>>
>> Art
>>
>> "Tom" <tom.archer@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>> I'm having the following problem:
>>>
>>> In Money, I select to create a new account.
>>> I select the Bank of America (BOA) listing for my state
>>> I enter the authentication information
>>> Money downloads the transactions for that account
>>> ** However, the payee information is missing.
>>>
>>> If I manually download a QIF file from the BOA site and import that into
>>> Money the information is correctly imported.
>>>
>>> Is there a way for me to get this information without manually
>>> downloading and importing a file each time?

Non US Dollar accounts do not show in Settings for Active Sync
I am currently using Microsoft Money 2006 for both my desktop and my pocket pc device. I am attempting to sync some of my accounts to my pocket pc device. However, it seems that the options for Active Sync is only shows acocunts that are using US Dollar as the currency. I would like to sync accounts that are using Singapore dollars. Any way I can do this? No. You can only synchronize accounts which are in your base currency, which appears to be US Dollars in your case. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://money.mvps.org/faq/default.aspx for ...

Email accounts not recognized in Send/Receive
running outlook 2002 under winxp prof on new IBM Thinkpad T40. last night when i hit send/receive nothing happened. it had been working. now when i if i write an email and clicks accounts to select the email account to send from, a fatal error notice appears. so it appears that somehow the pop email section of outlook 2002 is just not funstioning. any help apprciated. tried the knowledge base and the repair functions - nothing sems to address this issue. opa Have you run "Detect and Repair"? "opa" <mace@marriagealive.com> wrote in message news:07a601c357e2$2d...

A Crystal Beginner

Unhandled Exception error on few accounts
Hello, On just a few accounts, if I go to History or Activities, I get the following unhandled exception: [SoapException: Server was unable to process request.] System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) +1496 System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) +218 Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.ActivityPointerWebService.RollupByObject(Guid rollupById, String rollupByName, RollupType rollupType, QueryBase queryExpress...

Get paid while you get online!!

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

How do I get??

No mapping between account names and security IDs was done. 11-10-05
"No mapping between account names and security IDs was done. SOAP Server Application Faulted" Removed licenses from other users that are no longer here. I cannot add the new users. any ideas what the error messages mean? ...

Get notified when Out of Office is on

Posting Accounts Setup #3
Hi all, I am setting up Default Posting Accounts in GP. Does anyone know where I can find detailed explanation for each posting account in the posting Account Setup window--Financial, Sales, Purchasing, Inventory. I checked Help already--not helpfull Thanks. LR We publish a series of books on Dynamics GP that fill in the missing pieces of help. Our Information Flow and Posting book details the posting accounts and provides detailed explaination of these and many other accounts. You can check out sample pages from this book on our web site below. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Co...

How to change account used for replies from default
Hi I am using OL2007 on exchange 2007, have pretty minimal VBA skills (mainly in excel). I have several email addresses (a,b,c) which are all funnelled via my exchange account (d). The problem is that when i reply to an email sent to account a, OL automatically uses my exchange account (d). Is it possible to change this using vba so that outlook chooses the same account to send that the email was sent to? thanks David M If the message was retrieved (pulled) using an SMTP account, the replies will be sent using the right account - on the low level, the message gets ...

Getting Control ID in Active X control

Trasactions for 1 account not downloading
Hello! I am using Microsoft Money 2006 Deluxe. When I do online updates within Microsoft Money, it only updates the bank balances and does not download the transactions. This leads me to actually go to my bank site and download the statements from there. This works, almost, because one of my three accounts still does not import the transactions. Therefore, I have two questions. Why do transactions from this particular bank not download within Money? In addition, when I download transactions form the bank site one account does not import the transactions. I have looked everywhere for an...

Get photos from a camera

How do I get my best friend back?
I NEED TO KNOW "monsterboy16" <monsterboy16@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7918DF09-EB34-46E4-852E-8DAAC3FFF45F@microsoft.com... > I NEED TO KNOW Easy. Just lift the lid on your toilet seat and whistle. Dipshit! -- "Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." Pretend that you're in a coma and unable to communicate in any way (such as posting messages in newsgroups). "monsterboy16" <monsterboy16@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

how to get the pointer variable address from a dll
hi all, I have a DLL which has a output parameter LPVOID, A application calls this DLL function, the Dll responsibility is to assign a valid pointer to the lpBuffer, Till here it is OK, but once it returns to the Application this lpBuffer becomes NULL. Prototype, __declspec(dllexport) BOOL TRSTMonGetStatus(LPVOID lpBuffer) Please let me know what to do, I am stuck in this. try this __declspec(dllexport) BOOL TRSTMonGetStatus(LPVOID &lpBuffer) AliR. <karunyalakshmi@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1182179607.989434.318540@x35g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > > hi a...