Non-cash, Non-regular Transactions

Money 2003 SE V11
I have a need to set up transactions, such as Mileage, to
keep track of non-cash activities.  I currently handle it
by setting up Bills & Deposits split into two
transactions totalling $0.00.  The first is the
Category/Subcategory I want to track and the second is a
Category/(Non-Cash Offset Subcategory) that I filter out
of all reports.  This works ok for me.

Example: (meaning 23 miles traveled)
Mileage:Medical/Dental                 23.00
Mileage:Offset Non-cash Transaction   -23.00

However, the transaction is not regularly occurring.  Yet
we are required to have a Next Scheduled Payment Date in
Bills & Deposits.  This means that I am constantly
burdened with the "This transaction is xx days
overdue..." message.  I have many non-cash transactions
to keep track of, so setting the non-regular frequencies
and/or skipping them is burdensome.

Is there a way to set a generic transaction that I can
invoke only when necessary, without having to deal with
the date?
Thanks for your time on this.
Gary
0
gxjohnso (3)
8/30/2003 10:26:43 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Gary Johnson wrote:

>Is there a way to set a generic transaction that I can
>invoke only when necessary, without having to deal with
>the date?

You can enter the transaction directly into the appropriate account.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Creating a field to search and enter non duplicate data
Hello all. I have a team of 15 pople that all work with reference numbers, on occasion a number has to be sent to a different work group. I've created a spreadsheet for them to enter the numbers into, but we have been duplicating numbers. I want to create a field to enter th number into, have the field cross reference the exsting numbers, and if it does not find a match, enter the number and sort the list. I know how to create a custom macro that will accomplish what I want to do, but I'd prefer a static formula if it's possible. A formula can not do waht y...

Deleted Transactions in Budget
I have recently moved around the dates of some of my recurring transactions and deleted and recreated them. Money has handled this fine except for the budget. Under Automobile: Car payment, the subcategory in question, I have my two normal monthly budget items for this month and then three ghost budget items. They are blank with no information. When I right-click on them the Budget screen just blinks at me but goes nowhere. The normal budget items I can edit as usual. My total budgeted amount for this month under car payments includes the three ghost amounts. So I have a fake h...

Outlook 2002 hangs regularly on XP for 4 months now
I am running Outlook 2002 on XP. No matter what I try to do, the program still seems to hang up several times a day (particularly when checking for mail). The "freeze" usually last 1-3 minutes. Sometimes only Outlook freezes, sometimes it affects the entire computer. I have been trying to fix the problem for 4 months now. I have disabled Instant Messenging in the Tool Options (the problem used to be worse). In reviewing some of the other postings here, I have seen some mention of Winfax (I am running Winfax Pro 10.02 as part of Norton SystemWorks 2003 and haver removed...

non

Money 2007. Transaction Download and Bill Summary Tool Conflict
I think I'm looking for some best practice advice on the use of MS Money. Currently using Money 2007. I bank and billpay with NetBank. I use the Money Bill Summary tool to schedule reoccurring payments and transfers, but I make these payments using the Bill Pay feature of my bank's website. When I run the Money Update Online Information tool to download cleared transactions, it does not match the Netbank payments and transfers with the Bill Summary tool ledger entries. This results in duplicate entries. I could stop using the Bill Summary tool, but I would still have the prob...

Query a non-MS/non-Active Directory LDAP Server
Hi All, Does anyone know how to query an LDAP server from Access VBA that is not a Microsoft / Active Directory (AD) server? I have found a lot of stuff about how to query AD and have succeeded in doing so. But that does not seem to transfer to the non-MS LDAP server. It gives the error "Automation error" "There is no such object on the server." Thanks, Clifford Bass -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-modules/201004/1 Clifford Is there a chance that there...

Matching transactions in 2005
I upgraded from Money 2004 to Money 2005. I've always had trouble getting transactions to match when they are downloaded from the bank. For instance, I would enter a transaction into Money, and then when it downloaded my statement from the bank it would enter a new transaction instead of matching it to the one that I created. In 2004, you could right-click on the transaction and then choose "match", or something along those lines. I don't see that option in 2005. How do you match duplicate transactions in 2005? I'm using Premium if it matters, and my register view ...

Non Delivery Strangeness
I rebooted Exchange 2003 SP2 and received the following NonDelivery email on 1/3/2006 for an email sent on12/15/2005. I and other users received a few of these and the server seems to perform normally for the 100's of other emails that are sent and received daily. Thanks, Dan Foxley ---------------------- Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Purchasing From Your Site Sent: 12/19/2005 2:05 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: smartservice@smartwool.com on 1/3/2006 10:17 AM The e-mail system was unable to deliver the message, but d...

Flow of info for e-Connect RM transaction
Hi, I need to see if I can customise some stored procedure for RM Distribution and RM Transaction and in order to do this, I need to know exactly what happenes when I run e-connect for RM Receivable integration using my XML file. Anyone know flow of updates that e-Connect triggers for this? Your help would be much appreciated. Thanks. -Jay Shah49@hotmail.com Just looking at the eConnect administration/installation PDF guide, it states in there that the stored proceedures for eConnect CANNOT be modifed. See page 13. Mike "Jay" <Jay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

NON TAXABLE Item Setup, What TAX CODE to assign
What is the proper way to set up a non taxable item like a coupon or labor? I was assigning the <not assigned> (RMS dbase Tax ID 0) (But I just read said to delete the <not assigned> tax code. to prevent a runtime error (we have not had yet)) Do I need to setup a Non tax tax code? and add all non tax items to it? PS I have a < > (blank)(RMS Dbase tax id 3) tax code that seems to need to be deleted, RMS assigned it tax code 3. There are currently no items assigned to the < > blank tax id I can not find any guidance in the RMS Help. It seems MS ex...

NDR from non-existent email address
Any user that sends a meeting request to the user in question gets the following responce. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. I changed the info to the innocent. Subject: test Sent: 8/16/2005 9:01 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Gay, Esse M. on 8/16/2005 9:02 AM The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=XXX;l=XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX MSEXCH:MSExchangeMTA:EXCHANGE:XXXXXX This only happens with meeting invites, regular email goes through just fine. It is jus...

Non-cash, Non-regular Transactions
Money 2003 SE V11 I have a need to set up transactions, such as Mileage, to keep track of non-cash activities. I currently handle it by setting up Bills & Deposits split into two transactions totalling $0.00. The first is the Category/Subcategory I want to track and the second is a Category/(Non-Cash Offset Subcategory) that I filter out of all reports. This works ok for me. Example: (meaning 23 miles traveled) Mileage:Medical/Dental 23.00 Mileage:Offset Non-cash Transaction -23.00 However, the transaction is not regularly occurring. Yet we are required to ...

Comment and user defined field in Inventory Transaction window
It would be very helpfull if we could have comment field in Inventory Transaction window for each transaction number . Also user defined field would be an added value. Regards Reem ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolut...

mail from non exsiting user accounts
Hi, I have one exchange 2003 cluster server. and the email address configured as user@corp.ho.com. We are not using it for external mails. one of our IBM AIX user is able to send mails to anybody in my exchange server eventhough he is not having mail account in the windows 2003 domain. if u check the ID of the sender u will see that he is also using the same domain name ie @corp.ho.com... How can i stop others who do not having account in exchange to send mails to my domain. thanks BM Uncheck "Anonymous access" from SMTP virtual server properties | Access | Authentication and r...

Pull Data From Non-Default Calendar
Hello, I am running Outlook 2003 and I have a macro that pulls data from the default calendar. I created a new calendar named "Instructor Schedule" which is a subfolder under Calendar. I would like to change the code so that the data is pulled from the new calendar. Currently I am using the following code. Set colCal = objNS.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderCalendar).Items What change would I need to implement to get my desired results? Thanks. Regards, Chris -- Regards, Chris Set colCal = objNS.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderCalendar).Folders.Item("Instructor Sch...

non project time
I am using MSP2007 for several projects en use a resource planning. The problem I have is that 1) the people have 8 hour working days but are not working 8 hours on the project. I can simply change the working time per person (it is different per group) but when I ad vacation as a task (next problem) MSP is not using the 8 hours but the adjusted time. This means that the vacation days are shorter than actual. 2) how can I use the non working time and make it visible in the Gantt Chard, like individual vacation and the non project time per day. 3) when adding vacation in the res...

finding last non empty cell in a column #3
FYI - The column could be any column not just B -- cparson ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cparsons's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1286 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26238 ...

Insert Automatic, Non-Updating Date Stamp
I use an Excel invoice to bill clients. Currently I have an Invoice Date field which is populated by the =TODAY() function. That's good. However, if I open the spreadsheet down the road and accidentally recalculate, the Invoice Date field is updated with the current date. That's not so good. Is there a simple macro I can use that Inserts the date when the document is created and then terminates? Something, I guess, that calls the TODAY() function and then pops the resulting date value into the appropriate cell. I know I can just use CTRL+; to insert the date manually but I'm shoo...

Enable Non-Backorderable Items in POs (e.g. automatically cancel)
Enable identifying vendors and/or items to be non-backorderable from vendor. (e.g. automatically cancel non-received items) Many vendors do not backorder items. If an item is ordered and not shipped, it must be reordered. The current system requires the PO to be Edited so unreceived items are cancelled. This is an extra step and one if missed, is bad. For example, when an item is not received it remains in "released" status, which means the PO generator does not suggest a reorder. yet the vendor isn't going to ship. We face stock shortages and lost sales. In a busy environ...

non vba way to print non continuous ranges
Hi, Is there a non vba way to print non continous ranges on the one shee using excel? Specifically, lets say I want to print data from columns A, B, C, G an K down to row 35 in each column. Is there a way I can do that withou manually making them continuous by cutting and pasting each range ont a new sheet? Regards, David Obei -- DavidObei ----------------------------------------------------------------------- DavidObeid's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=223 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27196 You can h...

How do I count non blank rows only?
This seems so simple but I've spent hours without resolution. In column A, I need to count the number of rows that actually have data in them. If there is no data, I need to keep column A blank. Here's an oversimplied example of my simple list. 1 John Doe 2 Susan Smith 3 Joe Dear In column A now I have =COUNTA($B$2:B64) and that works great until you hit a row with no data. I have tried all these: =IF(G69>0,(=COUNTA($B$2:B69))," ") Also =COUNTIF($B$2:B69,">0") There's got to be an easy way that I'm missing!! HEEE...

Using english and non-English Excel commands simultaneously in a non-English installation
Hi community, I like this forum very much - I got many valuable insights from it. In the past I had an English Excel installation at the office available, recently my employer moved to the German version and deinstalled the english one. Now, when i use a english command like =VLOOKUP(A1,'Sheet 2'! A1:H200,8,FALSE) adopting the country settings for "," with ";" Excel comes up with #NAME? since I used the english term, not the german one - but sometimes the german equivalent is not at hand as fast as needed ;-) However if a open a english coined workbook of a US/UK c...

Non CRM Email Tracked
We used the Rules Deployment Wizard to add rules for all of our CRM Users. Today the CRM Admin email addresses received all emails that these users sent. They did not "Track in CRM" for these emails. There options are sent to track only emails with a CRM Tracking Token. Any idea why all emails are being tracked in CRM? We only want to track emails with the "Track in CRM" button selected. ...

How to make my app non-pagable
Hi, I'd like to make the app to be totally loaded into memory and never paged out (even partially) except program quit, it can be done by #pragma or compiler setting? Best Regards, Chandler In message <3C01E2BC-2BBE-4626-907A-990FED391BCA@microsoft.com>, Chandler <Chandler@discussions.microsoft.com> writes >I'd like to make the app to be totally loaded into memory and never paged out >(even partially) except program quit, it can be done by #pragma or compiler >setting? Flippant answer: Code it on a Commodore Vic-20 Serious answer: You cannot do this. Stephe...

display data for non zero
How do I get the follow if the raw data is available from the same spreadsheet but from a hidden column M, N if Hoursrepresent is not equal to value '0.00' using formula and NO Filter is used. A B couponID Hoursrepresent 00312 4.00 00315 2.50 00319 1.75 00323 3.60 M N couponID Hoursrepresent 00310 0.00 00311 0.00 00312 4.00 00313 0.00 00314 0.00 00315 2.50 00316 0.00 00317 ...