Newsgroup question

Hi

Can you please let me know if I am able to view this newsgroup via RSS? and
if so, please can you let me know what the link is.

Thank you.

0
NoReply9659 (237)
11/5/2009 8:47:25 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

Since it propagates as Usenet news, readable with a newsreader, RSS would
seem duplicative.

"abc" <noreply@mail.com> wrote in message

> Can you please let me know if I am able to view this newsgroup via RSS?
> and if so, please can you let me know what the link is.

I'm no quite sure what you mean.  Can I use RSS?  I'm using Mail and it has
RSS feed and I would like to use it to keep in touch with this newsgroup.

message news:%23jgZ8DmXKHA.2008@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Since it propagates as Usenet news, readable with a newsreader, RSS would
> seem duplicative.
>
> "abc" <noreply@mail.com> wrote in message
>
>> Can you please let me know if I am able to view this newsgroup via RSS?
>> and if so, please can you let me know what the link is.

0
NoReply9659 (237)
11/6/2009 4:50:26 PM
I think the short answer is No. RSS generally assumes that it is syndicating
something that is http. The newsgroup's native transport/form is nntp.

> I'm no quite sure what you mean.  Can I use RSS?  I'm using Mail and it
> has RSS feed and I would like to use it to keep in touch with this
> newsgroup.

Ok thanks. Can you please let me know the url for this newsgroup and I'll
add it to my favourites and keep in touch that way.

message news:etp1FlwXKHA.3600@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>I think the short answer is No. RSS generally assumes that it is
>syndicating something that is http. The newsgroup's native transport/form
>is nntp.
>
> "abc" <noreply@mail.com> wrote in message
>> I'm no quite sure what you mean.  Can I use RSS?  I'm using Mail and it
>> has RSS feed and I would like to use it to keep in touch with this
>> newsgroup.

0
NoReply9659 (237)
11/7/2009 4:56:55 PM
news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.money is the best way to read
it with a newsreader.

If a newsreader is outside your normal toolset,
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.money&lang=en&cr=US.
Again, this http page is not syndicated via RSS.

abc wrote:
> Ok thanks. Can you please let me know the url for this newsgroup and I'll
> add it to my favourites and keep in touch that way.
>
> "Dick Watson" <littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote in
> message news:etp1FlwXKHA.3600@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> I think the short answer is No. RSS generally assumes that it is
>> syndicating something that is http. The newsgroup's native transport/form
>> is nntp.
>>
>> "abc" <noreply@mail.com> wrote in message
>>> I'm no quite sure what you mean.  Can I use RSS?  I'm using Mail and it
>>> has RSS feed and I would like to use it to keep in touch with this
>>> newsgroup.

Since you're using Outlook Express just set it up to receive it there.
Just follow the directions here:

https://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/support/newsgroups/howto.mspx

This link is for setting up Internet Explorer newsgroups, so instead of
using inetexplore in step 9, use money for the search term.

--

Roy Smith
Windows XP Pro SP3

Outlook 200, outlook today question
I'm using OL 2000 w/ Win xp, all updates. I just replaced my old crt with a flat screen HD monitor. A problem came up with outlook today. On the calendar, when an item goes past due time, it goes gray. On the old crt it was still readable, on the new flat screen it's not - it's too faint. I can't find anyway of adjusting the past time calendar items to be darker either on the monitor or in OL. Any ideas? Thanks That's controlled by embedded CSS and can't be changed easily. Which style do you use? I thought the default Outlook Today style makes it look a tin...

Is there a newsgroup for Wndows 7?
Haven't been able to find one. TIA Try this link and select the appropriate M$ forum: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7 "mag" <the1mag@comcast.net> wrote in message news:u94e50vqKHA.4752@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Haven't been able to find one. TIA > > "mag" <the1mag@comcast.net> wrote in message news:u94e50vqKHA.4752@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Haven't been able to find one. TIA > > Your ISP may not carry it, but there is alt.windows7.general. If not, then you can...

Excel rounding question
I am working on a worksheet where I am doing orders, if I have an order of anything over a whole number I need to round it up to 25 more. So 26 would need to be 50, etc. If it's 25 I need it to be 25 or if its 12 I need for it to be 25, 51 would need to be 75, etc. How do I go about doing this? =ceiling(a1,25) "Mac" <Mac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:34F60A5E-61BC-4806-986C-1B019AEBBB40@microsoft.com... >I am working on a worksheet where I am doing orders, if I have an order of > anything over a whole number I need to round it up to 25 more. S...

Merge Question
I currently have two spreadsheets that generally have the same information, although either one can have some additional info. Is there a way that I can merge both these spreadsheets into one, with all the information? Unless you want to risk losing data, no---just copy/paste. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "Metalteck" <Metalteck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BCFFC954-E312-432F-86A8-3A00F2ED4104@microsoft.com... > I currently have two spreadsheets that generally have the same information, > although e...

Outlook and Newsgroup Handling?
The last time I looked at Outlook back when I was using W95B it did not support Newsgroups. Can anyone tell me if any of the newer versions, (Outlook 2000, 2002) supports? Thanks no, outlook does not support newsgroups. you need OE or another newsreader for that. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, Visual Quick Start Guide - OneNote 2003 Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone Search for answers: http://groups.google.com M...

Sample questions for Microsoft CRM certification
Hi all, Can somebody provide sample questions or some URL for CRM certification (1. Installation & configuration AND 2. CRM Customization) If you scan the archives of this group someone was offering a sample test with 150 questions. I do not know the legality of it and I am not aware of any other test simulations for Microsoft CRM. ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "Imran" <Imran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C394D5F9-15EE-4154-9B91-D3248FE422D4@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > Can someb...

I have tow questions:
1)There is some way to open 2 excel files just cliking to one shortcut icon??? 2)How could I automatically run a macro when a file is opened? 1) Try a workspace file. See: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip029.htm 2) Use the Workbook_Open event. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >1)There is some way to open 2 excel files just cliking to one shortcut icon??? > >2)How could I automatically run a macro when a file is opened? >. > ...

GMT(UTC) date Storage Retrieval Questions
I'm planning on converting all my database times to UTC. I've have all the procedures set up for converting LocalUTC and UTCLocal. One potential issue that comes to mind is what I call "Date RollUp" That is the time period at UTC time for a date, which will break differently than at the users TimeZone (e.g. Central Standard Time) when rolling up "dependent" data because of the time (hh:mm:ss) the data was originally time stamped (e.g. Central Standard Time). This may have an effect on dependent field values. For example if you are taking sales a...

newsgroup
why does windows email select a random message instead of the last message when i go to this newsgroup? I. ...

Newsgroups
Does Outlook let you access Newsgroups? -- Thank You, Robert Runkel P.O. Box 1816 Monterey, CA 93942-1816 Home Phone: 831-648-8651 Cell Phone: 831-402-4943 FAX Phone: 831-649-7174 Below is the email address to contact Bob Runkel: <mailto:BRUNKEL@ACM.ORG> Not directly. By default, Outlook uses a news only version (i.e. no mail functions available) of Outlook Express as its newsreader. You can get to it from within Outlook by using View | Go To | News. If you'd prefer to use a 3rd party newsreader such as Agent or Gravity, you would just need to change your default news client...

Reading newsgroup in Outlook Express
Need a review........... Had it set up in format incarnation. Now my system is back at Step One. Would some kind soul please help me find out which server to point OE to so that I can read this group in something other than the web. The search functions here aren't the greatest. Thank you :-) Murphy's Law says that I no sooner submit the request when I find the answer for myself. "JL Amerson" <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:037001c3795c$658430a0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Need a review........... > > Had it set up in format incarnation. Now...

Questions about VBa in Excel
Hello everyone, I have imported an MSSQL database table into my Excel spreadsheet. I then placed four combo boxes on the first sheet. One of them allows you to browse a column from the database sheet and select a cell. I want the others to follow the first and show the matching cell two columns over. Example: My table has ten rows of four columns. The four columns are part name, part number, price and expiration date. The first combo box is a drop down list of all part numbers that start with the letter E. This is only four of the ten rows. When a user pick the part number I want the next bo...

2 Questions
Hi all, I posted this on microsoft.public.exchange, but haven't had a reply and thought I would try here, hope someone can help me with this query. I am hoping someone here can advise me, I have setup exchange for my LAN, it currently collects all my Internet mail into my exchange folder, and everythin works fine other than 2 things. 1) I have enabled forms based login as detailed by MS Article; however when I go to http://[servername]/exchange it still gives me the default popup box. Any ideas? SSL is enabled and working 2) The other one is using OWA is there a way to set the from ad...

work order question #2
Can we join 2 or 3 separate work orders in to one transaction?. thanks -- Reynold Cycle Only by brute force. Add the line items of all WOs to a single WO. If you have deposits, you'll have to refund them and apply them to the big WO. There's no quick & easy way to combine orders. Tom "Jose" wrote: > Can we join 2 or 3 separate work orders in to one transaction?. > thanks > -- > Reynold Cycle Thanks Tom. -- Reynold Cycle "Terrible Tom" wrote: > Only by brute force. Add the line items of all WOs to a single WO. If you > hav...

quick form question
I have my forms sending results to both a .txt file in the _private folder and an email address and it has always worked just fine... but we just switched hosts and now the email portion doesn't seem to work. Is there some setting I need to tweak in the extensions or in frontpage somewhere or should I just check with my new host? It's been so long since I set it up that I can't remember if some sort of extra tweak was required to get the form to email. I've double checked all the form settings that I can remember and the email address is in the setup. http://ww...

Trust question
Hi everyone, I will try to explain this without confusing anyone because it confuses me a little myself. We have DomainA which is currently setup to authenticate (SSO) to our NAC device against our PDC. This works fine for our users that currently have a logon account in DomainA. Recently we have aquired 2 more sister companies. DomainB and DomainC. DomainA has a 2 way trust with DomainB DomainA has a 2 way trust with DomainC DomainB and DomainC have no trust between them We require that all users authenticate through our NAC device using SSO and their logon credentials. ...

question
I created a template and would like to add total names from top to bottom on one column but based on a criteria from another column what i mean is this I have a colum Employee Name a4:a50 and I want the spreadsheet to add these employees so long their "active status" column reads "Y" for yes. "vanchi233" wrote: > I created a template and would like to add total names from top to bottom on > one column but based on a criteria from another column Say Names are in column A of sheet1 "Y" and "N" are in column B of sheet1 then th...

Newsgroup
How are you suppose to view newsgroup via Outlook Express if the NNTP server no longer exists. Dan server is msnews.microsoft.com newsgroup is microsoft.public.pos "DJ" <lane.dj@gmail.com> wrote in message news:37b6520e-018f-43ac-8f72-24724abc0220@c10g2000yqi.googlegroups.com... > How are you suppose to view newsgroup via Outlook Express if the NNTP > server no longer exists. > > Dan In this case, the server and group have been reborn. However, even if they go away, there is a solution: http://communitybridge.codeplex.com/releases/view/47...

Distribution List Question #2
We are looking at a way of auditing Personal Distribution lists stored within users contacts folder on our exchange 5.5 server. Specifically we are looking for users who have created DL that have large numbers of users in a DL. Are there any programs that can sweep an entire Exchange server and dump DLs stored within users contacts folders? I could write program to do this, however I'm not looking to reinvent the wheel if someone has already done this. Thanks! Chris On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 17:19:19 -0700, "RacerX64" <RacerX64@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We ar...

Newsgroups with Outlook 2003
I added the News button to the Go menu, but then it disappeared from the menu after closing the newsgroups the first time and it does not show up to add it anymore. Has anyone else run into this problem? I have all of the latest patches loaded for Office 2003. Thanks! And How did you addit???? thanks "DaveC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:df9101c3f0a0$df359450$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I added the News button to the Go menu, but then it > disappeared from the menu after closing the newsgroups > the first time and it does not show up t...

Questions about sort and page break
Hi, I have two questions about Microsoft Excel: 1) How do I sort more than 3 columns? Under "Data" > "Sort", it allows you to do only 3 columns. 2) How do I get rid of the page break lines in my spreadsheet? Thanks! Hi first sort the last columns (e.g. columns 4-6) and then sort the first 3 columns. -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Julie P. wrote: > Hi, I have two questions about Microsoft Excel: > > 1) How do I sort more than 3 columns? Under "Data" > "Sort", it > allows you to do only 3 columns. > > 2) How do ...

CWnd creation question and CFrameWnd question
So you create a child window use CWnd::Create(). I can create a main window (windows window?) by using CFrameWnd::Create(). I'm trying to figure out how to create my own CFrameWnd from Cwnd and how they are related. Since CFrameWnd is a subclass of CWnd, shouldn't I be able to create a main window using CWnd::Create? It keeps asserting an error that I can't seem to trap (it just ends to app if I select Debug and if I step into it manually, I can hold down F11 for about a minute and it just keeps going through assembly code and such). I'm thinking because I send it NULL for...

Modifier/VBA related question
Hi How can we access a field added in a dex window through modifier using Dexterity? Or How can we access hided field of dex window in VBA? Thanks & Regards Pradeep M V Fields in a modified 3rd party window cannot be accessed from Dexterity. However with Version 9 SP1, these fields are accessable using VS tools. You can also access fields in a modified 3rd party window using VBA. In VBA, if the field is hidden, you need to first show the field, add it to VBA and then you can hide it again. Once the field is in VBA you can access it wether it is visible or not. Steve Hudson ...

MSExchangeAL 8331 Error and Hotfix Questions
Ok..I get the 8331 event every minute. I noticed that newly created email accounts are not showing up in Global Address list and after reading problems associated with the 8331 error,I figured that they were related to each other. Who has installed the hotix? Does the hotfix seem to fix the error showing up in application log and also fix any related email issues? What requirements are there with the hotfix...such as does it require users to be out of email or require a server reboot? Scott, I have had some of my customer install the hotfix, from their reports to me it has resolved the probl...

managing newsgroup newsletters
need some ideas please, we have many engineers at work whom subscribe to their fav newsgroups. we would like to share these amongst other engineers at work. we're thinking of creating pertinent public folders and have each user create a rule to have the particular newsletter moved to the appropriate public folder. we would also like to be able to have these automatically moved to a server as a file, stored in a database for further cataloging, archiving and searching. anyone setup something like this? what popular third party products exist that could help us manage something like ...