New Money File Error on Windows XP

I'm using the MS Money 2002 on Windows XP Pro
(I've upgraded XP from Windows 2000).
But when I starting new file, Money 2002 is crashed.
Working with previous files are good, but new file working is failed always.
Is it error on Windows XP?

0
neospix (1)
1/2/2004 6:40:11 AM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

Have you tried re-installing M2002?

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

"Kim Heui Jung" <neospix@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm using the MS Money 2002 on Windows XP Pro
> (I've upgraded XP from Windows 2000).
> But when I starting new file, Money 2002 is crashed.
> Working with previous files are good, but new file working is failed
> always.
> Is it error on Windows XP?

0
Bob_Peel1 (286)

Combining MS Money files
Is there a way to combine/merge MS Money files (not accounts, but files) into one file that will display all acounts? -- FDR You will have to mentally designate one file as the master file and the export accounts from the other file to qif file format. Then import the files all together (use ctrl + click to select when asked which file to import) into the master file. Take backups of both files before you start! -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I ha...

Opening a unicode CSV file from Excel
Hi, I'm currently working on an application that can export data in "CSV" format, and then launches Excel to view the CSV data. This works perfectly ok for ascii data. However now I have upgraded our application to use Unicode I'm running into problems. When I export data into a unicode CSV file and launch excel with it's path on the command line I get a "This is not a recognized format" message. If the same file is opened manually from Excel the same error is shown but afterwards the text import wizard is displayed (which works ok). Currenly the file is 16 ...

mutimedia messages coming to inbox without attached files
Sending a picture from my phone to email. I use Outlook 2002 to read and send emails. Message arrive but not the attached picture. My phone company email site recieves the picture without any problem. Is there a setting in OUtlook that is stopping the picture? ...

Must buy new computer...Ideas?

Default properties for new folders

I used "save as" but now can't locate original file
I was using a file (November), changed the data, clicked "save as" (December. Now, November is the same as December. Any possibility there's a temp file of November anywhere? Book I believe you have not done as you describe. If you had a previously saved November workbook open and made some changes then File>Save As and named it December, November workbook will still be on your computer in its previous state. Unless you saved it as November with the changes. From where did you open November workbook? It will still be there. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 1 Dec 2005 1...

New Email Messages

Deinstalling and reinstalling Windows Live Mail
A few months ago, I tried installing Windows Live Mail on one of my computers, and found that the installation did not complete properly, apparantly because it was unable to handle importing Windows Mail storage folders containing very large numbers of unread newsgroup posts (such as 149,000). Within the last week, I tried installing WLM on another of my computers with much less in its storage folders; that succeeded and gave me a better user interface. Is it possibly to deinstall WLM from the first computer, along with its rather incomplete messages database, and start over...

Need to Transfer Files Between Money and Quicken
I've got an interesting problem here. I need to transfer files between Money 2002 and Quicken Premium 2004. The first four attempts at having Quicken read exported QIF files has been a disaster. Quicken is absolutely no help. Their built-in help is referring me to webpages that don't exist. There is supposed to be a tool to convert the file format, but the fine print says it is for converting between previous versions of Quicken and Quicken 2004, but it "may work" for converting Money files. A Quicken guru says I need to export Money files to XML in order to bring the files i...

restoring system data from external HD .bkf files
Hello My OS is Windows XP Media edition 2005. I recently reformatted my HD and now I am trying to restore my Office Outlook files (.pst) plus system settings. I have been only able to access personal files and folders. I really need the ..pst files. When I run the backup - restore wizard the check marks appear on the two "C" drives, out of 14,471 MB on the external HD, only about 350 MB are restored, the field "processed" reads "0" How can I restore the rest of my system from the external HD? Thanks -- Zubenelshamali On Thu, 27 May 2010 14:53:4...

Fax and Outlook for XP
I used to have an old PC running Windows '98 with Outlook '97 and Microsoft Fax - it was great, very easy to use as both faxes and emails would be displayed in the same place. I've just upgraded to a new PC with XP. I can load Outlook '97 but can't use Windows Messaging and so can't use Microsoft Fax or send/receive emails. 1) Is there a version of Messaging for Windows XP? 2) Is it compatible with Microsoft Fax or do I need to get another Fax? Peter The version of Fax that comes with WinXP is VERY GOOD... however, it does not "integrate" with Outlo...

Looking for Microsoft Office Binary File Format or File Signature data
I have an application which obtains numerous "unidentifiable" files with no file extension, via FTP, and would like to run some sort of binary filter on it to identify PPT, DOC, XLS file formats. I did fine this: http://www.garykessler.net/library/file_sigs.html But it seems a messy way of accomplishing this, and is incomplete. Any clues as to finding the binary record format and/or file signatures of Office documents (Office 2000 and greater). - Thanks ...

New Location/New setup

How do I activate the new mail button

Cannot Open 2002 Files in 2004
USA Money 2002. Moved 2002 files to flash drive and tried to open them using Money 2004 and I get this message "Type your password to access your files." The friedn I am helping does not ever remember using a password. I guess the only option is to use the Money 2002 program on the old hardrvie and see if that will allow us to access the file. Thanks Smith The most typical case is where you are trying to switch regions. Your second option requires that Money 2002 be installed. This sounds like you are trying to upgrade a computer. BTW you can have multiple versions of Mo...

Style available all sheets new or old

view a pub file
Hi I d like to know how I could see a publisher file if I have not publisher ?? thank you You can't. You will have to ask the sender to convert it to a .pdf file for you. If they can't and this is a one time thing, you are welcome to forward the file onto me and I'll do it for you. Send it to jl dot paules at gmail dot com. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Photo" <Photo@hotmail.fr> wrote in message news:44b04061$0$881$ba4acef3@news.orange.fr... > Hi > I d like to know how I could see a publisher file if I have not publisher > ?? &g...

Archiving Errors in Outlook 2000
Hello there: I am having trouble autoarchiving a users mailbox. I get the same error if I try and archive the sent items or the inbox. I also get this error when trying to export to a .pst file. Error trying to archive inbox. The items either have been moved or deleted. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? It is outlook 2000 on a Exchange Server 5.5 Thanks Rebecca ...

Adding new pages

Mail in HTML-format (with .fla-file(s))
I get them all the time from firms that insist on sending me "great offers" of various kinds; those animated, designed mails with gif-anims, flash clips etc. Can anyone point me towards a tutorial so that I can start impressing my friends with this kind of stuff, please! I tried simply attaching a .fla and an html with instructions, as a Christmas card, but this isobviously too complicated for your average user, viz. relatives and the like. Happy New Year, btw Lennart Hildeman Scania ...