Negative amounts showing for investment transactions #2

I have been on Money Deluxe 2005 for a while now.  Last week, I was looking
at my investment accounts and noticed that the cash accounts associated all
have negative cash-on-hand.  Upon further review, I found about 15 sale
transactions that looked just fine in the Investment Transactions registers
but were marked as payments, rather than deposits, in the related Cash
Transaction accounts.  I did a standard repair but that didn't seem to help
and it showed no broken records when I viewed the log.  I then voided each
of the incorrectly recorded transactions and re-entered them manually.  All
was fine until I closed Money and went back in.  At that point, everything
was back to negatives again.  It seems that the errors include dividends
being listed as negative as well as sales of equities.

I went ahead and did a 'msmoney -s' but that made the problem worse - now
all the negative amounts have doubled.  Fortunately, I kept a backup to use
in case the -s made things worse.  So, I'm back to the "less-worse" version
of my portfolio.

Can you please help me?  This is happening on transactions regardless of
whether they come in from Scottrade via .ofx or whether I enter them
manually.

Many thanks!!!

0
palar11 (9)
6/13/2005 1:18:57 AM
money 28651 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Removing External Links #2
Hello, I have a spreadsheet that seems to think it needs to link to another spreadsheet, but I know better! I looked under Edit>Links and found the file name and searched for it on all worksheets. I could not find it in the formulas. I checked my named ranges and none of them contain the offending file name. I have buttons to which I have assigned macros, and none of them point to a macro contained in the offending file. Does anyone have other ideas where I might look to remove this external reference? By the way, I am running 2000, which doesn't have the ability to break links. ...

Formating Negative Figures in Brackets
Excel 2007 In earlier version of Excel, we could get a specific format for presenting the negative numbers in brackets and / or in red color. I could not find it in the Excel 2007. This can be done in the Custom Format. I do not have specifics for it. Can you give me the format for the same ? Why did the Excel remove this useful and oft needed feature from their new version, or am I missing something ? -- Shrikant The below might be useful http://support.microsoft.com/kb/832285 -- Jacob "Shrikant" wrote: > Excel 2007 > In earlier version of Exc...

Custom "File" Menu Bar only showing "Other"
I have a MS Access 2000 database application with a custom menu bar i.e. File, with a list of commands. On just this one computer, this menu is being replaced with a single item in the list "other", and when it is opened, it goes straight to a BlueTooth WidComm application menu. I've tried replacing the database file (it's an .mde file) with a fresh file, but my toolbar still isn't showing up correctly. Any ideas on how to find something in the registry perhaps? I uninstalled every blue-tooth application I could find, and now I still just get the "other" optio...

Mail merge from Excel #2
Hello I am trying to use the 2nd worksheet of an Excel spreadsheet for a mail merge, but the mail merge helper only allows me to select the 1st worksheet. I don't want to change the worksheet order because I have another mail merge running from the 1st sheet. Is there a way of selecting the 2nd sheet Thanks in advance Jo, see the like below about using Microsoft Excel Worksheet via Converter to do it. You could also copy the page to a new workbook and use it as your temporary data source. I have run into problems with using some date in excel when I try to merge with word and have overc...

powerpoint #2
i need the program powerpoint and i dont know how i can get it...... please someone can help me Hi sus (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || i need the program powerpoint and i dont know how i can || get it...... || please someone can help me http://shop.microsoft.com is the link to purchase Powerpoint. You can also visit your local Office Depot, CompUSA or Best Buy. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. sus wrote: ...

Excel book #2
Witch is the best excel book? marquetta.kayes@booomail.com Depends upon where you start from, and what you want to achieve. Check out John Walkenbach's Excel 2003 Bible as a start. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "marquetta kayes" <marquetta.kayes@livepharm.com> wrote in message news:1a5c7$42e4a746$d99c5301$8690@allthenewsgroups.com... > Witch is the best excel book? > > marquetta.kayes@booomail.com Considering you can get it delivered to your inbox, free, you might want to try MrExcel's new book. http://www...

Showing Outline Symbols
I am using Excel 2007 SP2. After using Data-Subtotals, the outline symbols never appear. I always need to go to Excel Options-Advanced-Show outline symbols if an outline is applied. When I close Excel and use subtotals again, I need to go through this process again. How can I make the outline symbols appear after using Data-Subtotals without going through this process every time? Thank you in advance. Cassie ...

Tax formula tests for multiple filing statuses and income amounts
A formula tests for three ranges of income levels for five filing statuses; depending upon the results, the taxpayer will receive a tax deduction for $4,000, $2,000, or $0 (i.e., no deduction) The table of ranges of income, filing statuses, and deduction ceilings are as follows: Legend: M-FJ (Married filing jointly) M-FS (Married filing separately) S (Single) HOH (Head of Household) QW (Qualifying Widower) M-FJ S/HOH/QW Deduction amount $130,000 $65,000 $4,000 $160,000 $80,000 $2,000 $160,001 $80,001 $0 The table o...

Cash transactions posted to different period
In Manual Payment entry, when recording expenses to be posted to a prior period and entering the cash payment in the current period, all in the same transaction, I find ALL transactions will post to the same date of the cash transaction. This is version 7.5 . Has this been resolved in a more current version? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion ...

SFO 1.2 Client
Hi, I've installed SFO on two machines as per the instructions and all seemed to go well until I tried to get them to "Go Offline". In each case I accepted the default settings in the offline options screen and pressed OK. A download status box came up with the word "Initializing" then nothing happens for a few minutes and eventually I get an error message saying "you do not have sufficient permissions or access rights to perform this action". Everything seems to work fine when I'm online though. Client machines are Win XP/Outlook 2003 and Win 2K/O...

How to split paycheck with 401K amount; and a 2nd off topic question
Hi, In order to have Money '07 perform the most accurate for tax estimation, what is the better method for splitting a paycheck? For this example let's say the income is $1000 per pay period and $50 is deposited in the 401K each pay period (employee contribution). Option 1: Wages & Salary: Gross Pay $950 Wages & Salary: Deferred 401K $50 Taxes... Taxes... Taxes... Transfer To: 401K Cast account ($50) Option 2: Wages & Salary: Gross Pay $1000 Taxes... Taxes... Taxes... Transfer To: 401K Cast account ($50) I have omitted the usual tax categories and other splits in a ...

Protected Worksheets #2
Is there a way to override an unknown password on a protected worksheet? J.E. McGimpsey has a way! http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html Kevin Novak wrote: > > Is there a way to override an unknown password on a > protected worksheet? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com Hello Kevin, Recommend you Excel Password Recovery http://www.lastbit.com/excel > > Kevin Novak wrote: > > > > Is there a way to override an unknown password on a > > protected worksheet? "Kevin Novak" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Summing distance data between 2 dates that vary
I have a table that contains the dates, distances and times of all my training runs and races. (An extract is shown below). I want to run a query to calculate the aggregate distance run in periods of 1 week, 1 month and 3 months before each race date. Any thoughts on the best way of tackling this? Date Event Distance 28-Jul-09 Bridge Inn 5k 5.00 26-Jul-09 Conkwell Killer 13.40 23-Jul-09 Training 9.18 21-Jul-09 Coaching 8.37 07-Jul-09 Coaching 7.00 You will need three sub-queries to get the solution. You may need...

calendars #2
is anybody aware of the amount of calendars that are in outlook? danielle <danielle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > is anybody aware of the amount of calendars that are in outlook? There are as many calendars in Outlook as you care to define. I don't understand the question. -- Brian Tillman ...

Cost Amount when "Must Enter Price"?
We operate a hardware store where we sell a lot of small items (e.g. Bolts, screws, etc..) that we use a generic sku for and have the box checked in the options tab to"Must Enter Price". Is there a way that everytime this sku is sold that the cost can be calculated at the time of the sale to be a percentage of the price entered? Otherwise this really throws off the COGS. Thanks It would be possible to build an add-in to do this, but I don't know of any existing ones. Check with your reseller... -- -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@ti...

Moving Text from Word to Excel (and having it set into 2 columns)
I have a Word Document that has the follow format. . . word , word word , word word , word word , word .. . . It’s basically a two page list of 2 words separated by a comma per line. But the spacing between the words is sporadic, and likewise the comma doesn’t have any defined (fixed) position between the words. I’d like to export this list into Excel so that Excel will read it as 1 row of 2 columns . Do I need to first standardize the spacing between the words and comma, or is there a better way to do this? I’m not sure what the best a...

Insert Object doesn't show installed types
I reinstalled Office X and then installed the updates: - Office X 10.1.2 Update - Office X 10.1.4 Update - Office X 10.1.5 Update in sequence checking after each update (using Word) to see if I could insert an equation from "Equation Editor" after the initial install and each update (except 10.1.4) I couldn't insert an equation. While Equaiton Editor no longer crashes (my last message "Equation Editor 10.0.0 crashes upon launch") I still can't use Equation Editor the way it is supposed to work. I can: - launch Equation Editor by finding it in the folder Applications...

Excel sheet truncated after copying to powerpoint slide #2
Hi, We are using Office 2000 with sp3. When we copy excel sheet to power point slide, some of the rows and colums are truncated. Also the font size is changed. We can see only some part of the sheet. Let me know if anybody faced this problem.. Thanks in advance Shekar. "Shekar" <shekar@mcsb.com> wrote in message news:udouUt8hDHA.1536@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > > Hi, > > We are using Office 2000 with sp3. When we copy excel sheet to power > point slide, some of the rows and colums are truncated. Also the font > size is changed. We can see only some part of ...

GAL not showing up when adding delegates
When attempting to add delegates in Outlook 2003/2007, the GAL is not an option. When using Outlook XP this is not an issue. Steps to Reproduce: 1. Launch Outlook 2003/2007 2. Click Tools _> Options 3. Click Delegates Tab 4. Click the Add button The only available option in the pull-down menu is 'All Contacts'. We are running Exchange 2003 (front-end and back-end) -- Shane Rundle ...

Catch all email address #2
Hello Is it possible to setup a catch all email address, I would like to setup a inbox that catches all the email address set to the @domain.org.uk. Is it possible to do this? Regards Andrew Dear Andrew, what do you mean by catch ? do you want to setup a mailbox to recieve all the emails sent and recieved by @domain.org.uk ? do you mean archiving ? regards Alaa Al-Ankar "Andrew" <not@home.com> wrote in message news:44381ff6$0$33909$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp-reader03.plus.net... > Hello > > Is it possible to setup a catch all email address, > > I would like...

ComboBox not showing contents
I've been trying to get my ComboBox controls to show their drop down menu in an MFC dialog based app; but all I ever see is a thin black line under the bottom of the control when I click on the drop down arrow. I tried creating a new dialog project, and tested the ComboBox control again to have the exact same results. I have tried to add static data in the resource editor; and tried to dynamically add strings during run time. The data is there, when I use the arrow keys to find it. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I have XP SR2, VS.NET 2003. Anyhelp would be wonderfu...

Money 2005
I installed Money 2005 Small Business edition seemingly successfully. However, when I attempt to start Money by clicking the link created in the Start menu no Money window ever appears. When I opent he task manager, there is a process named msmoney.exe running. I am running XP with Service Pack 2. It is a fresh Money 2005 SB install (not an upgrade). As anyone else having this problem? Does anybody no how to fix this? Thanks in advance. Brandon. ...

Negative Allocation
I was attempting to post a batch that contained a transfer. The post failed and I recevied a message that "The serial number does not exist for this item and site". The items were moved from the source site to the destination, but the allcoated quantites in the source site are now negative. Any ideas how to fix this? Have you run the inventory reconcile process? (Utilities - Inventory - Reconcile) "Eric Capponi" wrote: > I was attempting to post a batch that contained a transfer. The post failed > and I recevied a message that "The serial number does not...

Distribution List Not Visible in Contacts #2
I have Exchange 2003 and outlook 2003 installed in clients , i created a new universal distribution lists, but its not visible in contacts in any of the clients machine, mail can still be sent to the list but it dosenot appear on the contacts.I tried rebuilding the RUS , i created it 2 days ago.... ...

In "Line-Column on 2 Axis," why does not a series change to colum.
I am trying to plot a 6-column, 1-line chart. However, EXCEL decides that it will be a 4-columns and 3-lines charts. When I change the axis for series 5 and 6 to "primary," both series still carry line attributes. The chart description says that all series on the primary axis will be pltted as column. I have not been able to show series 5 and 6 as columns. How do I change them to columns? Try this: Create a column chart for all the data. Select the series of data for the line chart and change the chart type for that series only to LINE. If necessary, plot the line series ...