Need to convert 2002 back t0 while laptop is fixed

My laptop with Money 2002 died and had to be sent in for
service which will probably be about a month.  The good
news is that I backup up all my data files the day before
and burned them to CD.  My office machine is running
Windows 98 SE and Money 2001 but it will not read the
2002 files.  I can't install XP because the machine will
not support it.

I used a friend's machine and can open my backup file but
I don't want to leave my financial data there.  Is there
some way I can transfer the data to Excel or save it in a
backwardly compatible format?  I tried to synchronise to
the Web but even after downloading the upgrade it doesn't
seem to work.  I basically just need my checkbook
registers.  I couldn't find a way to print just the
registers?

Can anyone think of a good workaround until I get my
laptop back?

Thanks, Sue
0
suelo (1)
9/23/2003 2:59:27 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Sue wrote:

>My laptop with Money 2002 died and had to be sent in for
>service which will probably be about a month.  The good
>news is that I backup up all my data files the day before
>and burned them to CD.  My office machine is running
>Windows 98 SE and Money 2001 but it will not read the
>2002 files.  I can't install XP because the machine will
>not support it.
>
>I used a friend's machine and can open my backup file but
>I don't want to leave my financial data there.  Is there
>some way I can transfer the data to Excel or save it in a
>backwardly compatible format?  I tried to synchronise to
>the Web but even after downloading the upgrade it doesn't
>seem to work.  I basically just need my checkbook
>registers.  I couldn't find a way to print just the
>registers?
>
>Can anyone think of a good workaround until I get my
>laptop back?

Your *.mny file can be used by Money 2002 even if the computer is
not running XP. If that is available on the CD backup, that is the
only file you should copy over directly to a new machine for Money.
Make sure the copy is not marked read-only.

If you installed Money 2004 trial version on the office machine, it
could convert your *.mny file. However the file would not be useable
by your Money 2002 install on the repaired computer. If you just
want to read and print during the interval, that could be a good
option. Then get the Money 2002 file from the CD for the laptop. Any
changes you make in that month would not be readable on the laptop
unless you get Money 2004 for the laptop. Might well be worthwhile.

0
via_newsgroup (13113)

Cannot access menus in Outlook 2002
When I try to use a menu option (tools, view, file, etc) a faded outline of the drop-down box appears and Outlook crashes, offering to send a report to MS. MSOfficeXP has been removed and re-installed with no change, I have done a change/repair with no change, deleted the email profile, same story. Any help is appreciated, thanks! ...

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

Excel need help

crm 3.0 Laptop Client -Cassini web server
Hi, I was wondering if there is anything we can do to overpass cassini server and call pages directly from actual CRM Server, when the crm laptop version is used online. Our system is heavily customized but we still want to use the very basic functionality in the offline mode (like creating contacts, accounts). But when the user goes online he/she should be able to use the rest of the functionality that we have implemented using crm sdk. Thanks in advance, Isil use the web page http://crmserver ? or install again as a lite ver on another machine and copy the MSCRM.pst file on to the ...

C# registry read converts string
i'm trying to read a registry key in both local and remote machines. for example the HKLM\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\SERVICES\LANMANWORKSTATION there is a key called "imagepath" this is a "reg_expand_sz" and it will look like: "%systemroot%\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs". when i run my code on either local or remote machine it will convert "%systemroot%" to the local machine system drive, in my cast "e:\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs". so now my output is incorrect. here is a sample of my code: if (t == Syst...

Need Help Linking Sheets

excel charts converted into pdf
Hello, I'm experiencing the following issue: I have a handful of charts in Excel that I inserted into Word and then converted the entire word document into PDF format using Acrobat Professional. Resulting PDF has black vertical bars in place of vertical text next to X-axis and title of the Y-axis. Converting charts into PDF directly from Excel does not produce this problem. However I must use Word doc. I have XP SP3,MS Office 2003 and Acrobat Professional 7.0. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks I've had this happen to me, too, on occasion. Not real often, fortunately. When I lo...

Macro help needed........

Please Fix the NG Microsoft!
This NG has so many posts that have nothing to do with CRM that it's getting to the point of making this NG virtually useless for CRM. Please fix this problem Microsoft so we don't have to sort through all the posts looking for the few CRM posts. -- Brandon IT Director Office Equipment & Supplies at http://www.presentationsdirect.com I agree this NG is getting cluttered again, but I'd rather have MS spend more time on getting CRM to be a workable product. In the very least they should respond more to people's issues here,......... -G "Brandon S." <bsm...

Need to test a mobo

Publisher 2002 Inserting a landscape page into portrait document
How can I insert one landscape page into a presentation consisting portrait pages? I understand the inserting of page numbers, but I can't find the page orientation. Publisher does not allow you to have different orientation pages. Group all items on the page and rotate 90�. -- ...

Help needed

Need help on this....thanks

need help badly

I need Help

Force REPLY to go back to distribution list
I have an issue whereby a department is insisting that they want their mailing lists marked so that any time anyone clicks REPLY (not "REPLY ALL" - they refuse that as an acceptable solution, it must be REPLY) that the reply message goes back to the distribution list and not the message originator. They further insist that this capability must occur on the mail server (and not on Outlookclient side), since they use a multitude of different mail clients (many on Unix/Linux) and therefore it is a server-side responsibility to make this happen. They say that this capability exists in ...

Need Help Despertly!

How can you get back a lost part of a document?
After typing 3 or 4 additional pages to saved document, I don't know what I hit but I lost all the added work. Is there a way to get it back? If the document has not been closed since the error - CTRL+Z (Undo) will restore the text. If the document has been closed and the changes not saved, then there is nothing to recover. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<...

Plug in needed

Outlook 2002 Vcard attachment shows as a .msg file-opens but no information
I am receiving forwarded attachments as a Vcard file from a contact list. It shows up as an envelope on the attachment and as a .msg file. It opens but there is no information there other than a name. Is there a setting in Outlook that is incorrect or is this something to do with a setting in the Microsoft Exchange Server Administrative Rules. I have searched the knowledge base and cannot find any specific answers yet. Anyone have any feedback on this or the same problem? Help! Thanks. Carl ...

Back button doesn't work in Windows 7
New computer loaded with Windows 7. The back button doesn't work most of the time. Fix? Thanks, Rick Morrison "Rick Morrison" <rlmorrison@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:IamdnTxlp9BhAcjWnZ2dnUVZ_uqdnZ2d@giganews.com... > New computer loaded with Windows 7. The back button doesn't work most of > the time. Fix? Back button works fine on Windows 7 on my home PC. What 3rd party toolbars have you got loaded? Google? Yahoo? Anything else? The only time the back button doesn't seem to work is when there is an intermediate redi...