Need old Money 3.0 software

I moved to a new PC and have been having fits with
Microsoft Money 2003. My current files are in Money 3.0
(vintage 1994) but I can no find the original diskettes to
reinstall until I finish making the transition. I have the
manual, but cannot find the 3.5" diskettes. Seems there
were two or three. I like to either download the software
for a reinstall or get some replacement diskettes.

One other option is if I could just figure out the right
files to copy from the old Win 98SE machine to the new Win
XP Pro machine.

Any help greatly appreciated!
0
NoSpam262 (1)
8/2/2003 10:01:46 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

Well, the first question is: why do you need the old software to convert to
the new version? If you have the .MNY data file, just move it to the new
machine, open it with M03, and M03 will upgrade the data file to the current
format. If you don't have the old .MNY file, having the software won't help.

Depending on the answer to that, I might also be able to help out (the
computer museum surrounding me willing and, I'll confess, the first look
just now wasn't promising)--but we'll take that conversation offline.

"WayneM" <NoSpam@WAM.com> wrote in message
> I moved to a new PC and have been having fits with
> Microsoft Money 2003. My current files are in Money 3.0
> (vintage 1994) but I can no find the original diskettes to
> reinstall until I finish making the transition. I have the
> manual, but cannot find the 3.5" diskettes. Seems there
> were two or three. I like to either download the software
> for a reinstall or get some replacement diskettes.
>
> One other option is if I could just figure out the right
> files to copy from the old Win 98SE machine to the new Win
> XP Pro machine.
>
> Any help greatly appreciated!

It was 2 1.44MB floppies :)

On "WayneM" <NoSpam@WAM.com> wrote:

>I moved to a new PC and have been having fits with
>Microsoft Money 2003. My current files are in Money 3.0
>(vintage 1994) but I can no find the original diskettes to
>reinstall until I finish making the transition
Look for Money 3.0 on Ebay?
The whole story is that my wife is really the Money 3
user. We have 2003 now and I have duped all the .MNY files
to new data folders. It is an issue of comfort and being
able to take a while transitioning to 2003. We're not too
excited about going cold turkey. Actually I think that
Money in recent versions has gotten to FruFruish. If I
wanted to see a web page, I'd go browse :-)

Anyway that is the deal. I'd like to install the old Money
3.0 to allow her to keep the data up to date and have her
learn 2003. Then when we switch I will copy the latest
Money 3 data file to the new folder to finish the
migration. Right now Money 3 is about the only reason she
still goes back to the old machine. I really need to put
that box out to pasture. It is getting less reliable day-
by-day.

I searched through boxes that critters have moved into,
raised families, and moved out since I last opened them :-
) Any help greatly appreciated.

You can email me at waynem-at-ferretresearch-dot-com.

Thanks much.

(Now if I were two diskettes, where would I be hiding?)

Wayne

0
SeeEmail (1)

Cannot restore backup Money Plus
I created a backup (.mbf) file in Money Plus on my desktop. Installed Money Plus trial on my laptop and tried to restore backup. Unable to restore backup ("Money cannot find file or read-only" error) in Money Plus trial. Any ideas? In microsoft.public.money, rodney wrote: >I created a backup (.mbf) file in Money Plus on my desktop. Installed Money >Plus trial on my laptop and tried to restore backup. Unable to restore backup >("Money cannot find file or read-only" error) in Money Plus trial. Any ideas? Do not restore to the "default location. Instead, B...

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

OWA Issue #3
Hello Logging into OWA is fine. But once Im in, the status area on the botttom left of the window says done with an error flag. I open it up and get: Internet Explorer Problems with this web page might prevent it from being displayed properly or functioning properly. Line: 15 Char: 30 Error: Object expected Code: 0 URL: https://my server/exchange/?Cmd=contents Has anyone seen this? What should I look for? How should I repair this? Thanks for any help. Thomas ...

Borders #3
Does anyone know if you can apply a border to your header or footer??? Thanks. Chris Hi AFAIK you can't "Christopher Anderson" wrote: > Does anyone know if you can apply a border to your header or footer??? > > Thanks. > > Chris ...

Excel need help

How do I Excel formula =LEFT(A2,LEN(A2)-3) in an Access Query
I need to delete the last 12 characters (phone number) from a field that contains names and phone numbers. Lou Are you asking how to do this in MS Access? If so, take a look in Access HELP re: Mid() function and Len() function. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein does not constitute endorsement thereof. Any code or pseudocode included in this post is offered "as is", with no guarantee as to suitability. ...

New Exchange Server, Old POP3 Woes
Hello, all; I have a client who just converted from a POP3 hosting service to their own Exchange server. The problem is that when they go to reply to messages received before the transfer happened, Outlook tries sending it through the old POP3 server (which is no longer valid), and the message sits in the Outbox. The user can force the email to go through MS Exchange, but that is a clunky fix. Any ideas? Ben b2 consulting <jbbarr@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, all; > > I have a client who just converted from a POP3 hosting service to > their own Exchange server. The probl...

crm 3.0 Laptop Client -Cassini web server
Hi, I was wondering if there is anything we can do to overpass cassini server and call pages directly from actual CRM Server, when the crm laptop version is used online. Our system is heavily customized but we still want to use the very basic functionality in the offline mode (like creating contacts, accounts). But when the user goes online he/she should be able to use the rest of the functionality that we have implemented using crm sdk. Thanks in advance, Isil use the web page http://crmserver ? or install again as a lite ver on another machine and copy the MSCRM.pst file on to the ...

Need Help Linking Sheets

Money 2005 Back Out
Is it possible to back out of the 2005 Money code and go back to 2004? Are there posted procedures? I can not deal with having to reinput all my Etrade data because the software wants to keep adding a new account instead of letting me sign up for online services for my existing and years old account. Thanks for your time. ---- Bob Bad See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=17. "BADs" <BADs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:489C582C-700C-445B-BB58-D80A828E9FA2@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to back out of the 2005 Money code and go back to 2004? >...

Internal e-mail in queue (in CRM 3.0)
Sorry if i am repeating it , i tried but couldnt find the answer. I can get the external e-mail in queue but not internal e-mail in CRM 3.0. Is there any work around?, i did something wrong , or this is the way , it works :0) regards / Aami ...

Macro help needed........

Need to test a mobo

Money will not show downloaded transactions
Since about 6/9/04, I have not been able to see any of my new transactions that has been downloaded from the bank. the Items to review says 3 but nothing shows up in my register. I also just did a .qif download of my register from the bank website and now it shows 18 things to review and still does not show anything in my register any help would be appreciated Glen In microsoft.public.money, Glen wrote: >Since about 6/9/04, I have not been able to see any of my >new transactions that has been downloaded from the bank. >the Items to review says 3 but nothing shows up in my...

Help needed

Migrating customers from CRM 3.0 to GP 9.0
Since the CRM <-> GP Connector was pulled with no release date in site, what is the procedure for migrating all our existing customers from CRM to Great Plaines? I can't believe we have to re-enter everyone and their contracts. Thanks, John I have been using Scribe software with great success for both Migration and Integration to GP 9.0 from MSCRM 3.0. I know it can be a little pricey but it does not need it's own server like biztalk did. Go to http://www.scribesoft.com for more information. Or you can contact me directly at bmeyer@cargas.com to get more information. -- ...

Money 2006 and Vista RC1
I've upgraded an XP machine to Vista RC1. Money 2006 Deluxe was already installed. Since the upgrade to Vista, Money has the most aggravating behavior. It constantly minimizes itself and jumps to other open applications. I'll be in the middle of typing a transaction, look up and see Internet Explorer instead of Money. It bounces repeatedly. I've tried loading Money in XP compatibility mode. No luck. Any suggestions? thanks It may be better with the RTM version of Vista. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/de...

Need help on this....thanks

I need Help

need help badly

Money Deluxe 05 #2
I purchased Money Deluxe 05 from the Microsoft website a week ago(downloaded it) and paid $63.00.Once I installed the program I keep receiving a screen asking me to upgrade the TRIAL VERSION to the Deluxe version even though I have paid 63.00 and my credit card has been charged. I contacted Microsoft for help and I was told that soon I will receive a letter in the mail explaining how to get rid off that screen..nothing else...Anybody knows how to get to the real thing and get rid off the trial version. I love the program but this goes beyond any imagination!!!!!..Help!!!!! ...

Need Help Despertly!