My MNY file appears to be corrupt. How best to proceed?

[I *do* have a couple of questions; please bear with me as I get to the
point...]

The last time I reconciled my Money 2007 checking account to my paper
statement (about four months ago), it reconciled fine. Now I'm attempting to
reconcile the next and following month's statements. When I entered the
starting and ending balances on the reconcile dialog box, however, an error
appeared that said:

"Starting Balance Discrepancy. Money has calculated a different starting
balance than the one you entered. To balance your account start with your
oldest unreconciled transaction and match each transaction in your account
register with the bank statements. Then, mark those transactions as
reconciled in your account register. You can always make an adjustment in
your account register later if you need to."

After I acknowledged that message, Money (2007) locked up on me. After
waiting over an hour, I finally killed the process. Now the same thing keeps
happening every time I try to reconcile that account.

Even *without* attempting a reconcile, if I go the account register and
change any transaction from reconciled to unreconciled, Money makes the
change, but then freezes up hard a few seconds later.

I tried a few backups, but they all manifest the same problem--so whatever
happened to my MNY file must have happened some time ago.

A Money online chat support had me try a quick/standard/quick repair, but it
did not resolve the problem. The support person suggested that I perform the
steps in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/178830/en-us (How to export and
import account information in Microsoft Money).

What is the best way to try to resolve this problem?

I've since re-opened my closed accounts, exported all of my accounts to QIF
files, and created a new MNY file to import the QIF files into. I'm being
prompted/encouraged to associate the MNY file with my Windows Live ID. I did
not do that with my existing MNY file; should I do it now? What are the
advantages? What are the disadvantages? I recall a thread here a few months
back that indicated that those that *did* associate their MNY file with their
Windows Live ID would need to go through a one-time process so that (I think)
downloads would start working again. Does that have any effect on the choice
I have to make now?

Frustrated, but appreciative for any help....Chris
0
cwaters1 (29)
11/5/2007 6:45:01 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

BTW...

-My MNY file is about 25MB. The file contains about 10 years' worth of data.
-No transactions appear to be missing.
-After I performed the standard fix, the View Log button reported "No broken
records in the original file."
0
cwaters1 (29)
11/5/2007 6:49:01 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Chris wrote:

>[I *do* have a couple of questions; please bear with me as I get to the
>point...]
>
>The last time I reconciled my Money 2007 checking account to my paper
>statement (about four months ago), it reconciled fine. Now I'm attempting to
>reconcile the next and following month's statements. When I entered the
>starting and ending balances on the reconcile dialog box, however, an error
>appeared that said:
>
>"Starting Balance Discrepancy. Money has calculated a different starting
>balance than the one you entered. To balance your account start with your
>oldest unreconciled transaction and match each transaction in your account
>register with the bank statements. Then, mark those transactions as
>reconciled in your account register. You can always make an adjustment in
>your account register later if you need to."
>
>After I acknowledged that message, Money (2007) locked up on me. After
>waiting over an hour, I finally killed the process. Now the same thing keeps
>happening every time I try to reconcile that account.
>
>Even *without* attempting a reconcile, if I go the account register and
>change any transaction from reconciled to unreconciled, Money makes the
>change, but then freezes up hard a few seconds later.
>
>I tried a few backups, but they all manifest the same problem--so whatever
>happened to my MNY file must have happened some time ago.
>
>A Money online chat support had me try a quick/standard/quick repair, but it
>did not resolve the problem.

Did you do both standard level 2 and level 1?

In a copy of the old file, I recommend you do
File->Repair->RemoveAllBillsData

This Remove All Bills Data feature would be for people who have
experienced their Money file to run excessively slow.

To get some information within the program,
File->Repair->RemoveAllBillsData
Read the information. Then click cancel.

Before proceeding, make an extra copy or backup of your file
in case you want to undo something.

The problem will be that if you remove all bills, you will probably
want to add at least some of your bills back.  This can be done
manually with the aid of the reports that you print out before
removing the bills.

A technique that could help simplify re-entering your bills
afterward would be to go your register and selecting a
representative instance of your past bill and selecting "Make
Recurring" (Ctrl+E).  This would be especially helpful if the bill
is complex, such as involving a split.

> The support person suggested that I perform the
>steps in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/178830/en-us (How to export and
>import account information in Microsoft Money).
>
>What is the best way to try to resolve this problem?
>
>I've since re-opened my closed accounts, exported all of my accounts to QIF
>files, and created a new MNY file to import the QIF files into. I'm being
>prompted/encouraged to associate the MNY file with my Windows Live ID. I did
>not do that with my existing MNY file; should I do it now?

No.

> What are the
>advantages? What are the disadvantages?

If you have institutions that you have downloads come in via a third
party need to have the Live ID. Since you did not have that before,
you don't need that for now.

> I recall a thread here a few months
>back that indicated that those that *did* associate their MNY file with their
>Windows Live ID would need to go through a one-time process so that (I think)
>downloads would start working again. Does that have any effect on the choice
>I have to make now?
>
>Frustrated, but appreciative for any help....Chris
0
via_newsgroup (13113)
11/5/2007 6:59:50 PM
> >A Money online chat support had me try a quick/standard/quick repair, but
it
> >did not resolve the problem.
>
> Did you do both standard level 2 and level 1?

Thanks, Cal. I did:
1. File > Repair Money File > Quick File Repair
2. File > Repair Money File > Standard File Repair (Level 2)
3. File > Repair Money File > Standard File Repair (Level 1)
4. File > Repair Money File > Quick File Repair

> In a copy of the old file, I recommend you do
> File->Repair->RemoveAllBillsData
>
> This Remove All Bills Data feature would be for people who have
> experienced their Money file to run excessively slow.
>
> To get some information within the program,
> File->Repair->RemoveAllBillsData
> Read the information. Then click cancel.
>
> Before proceeding, make an extra copy or backup of your file
> in case you want to undo something.
>
> The problem will be that if you remove all bills, you will probably
> want to add at least some of your bills back.  This can be done
> manually with the aid of the reports that you print out before
> removing the bills.
>
> A technique that could help simplify re-entering your bills
> afterward would be to go your register and selecting a
> representative instance of your past bill and selecting "Make
> Recurring" (Ctrl+E).  This would be especially helpful if the bill
> is complex, such as involving a split.

Are you suggesting that I perform these steps as part of further attempts to
'fix' my existing MNY file? Or are you suggesting that I perform these steps
before changing to the new MNY file--so that I have an easier time of
re-creating my bills?
0
cwaters1 (29)
11/5/2007 7:58:01 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Chris wrote:

>Are you suggesting that I perform these steps as part of further attempts to
>'fix' my existing MNY file? Or are you suggesting that I perform these steps
>before changing to the new MNY file--so that I have an easier time of
>re-creating my bills?

I was suggesting the former, tho you could use the idea of using
existing transactions to create recurring bills in your new lean
file.
0
via_newsgroup (13113)
11/5/2007 8:26:19 PM
> >Are you suggesting that I perform these steps as part of further attempts
> >'fix' my existing MNY file? Or are you suggesting that I perform these steps
> >before changing to the new MNY file--so that I have an easier time of
> >re-creating my bills?
>
> I was suggesting the former, tho you could use the idea of using
> existing transactions to create recurring bills in your new lean
> file.

Wow! After printing a Scheduled Bills report (containing 19 entries, BTW),
then making a hand-written note of the eight entries that were appearing on
the Bills screen but (inexplicably) not appearing on the Scheduled Bills
report, and then performing a File->Repair->RemoveAllBillsData, the lockup
issue appears to be resolved! I can go to the account register and then
change any transaction from reconciled to unreconciled.

So the problem appears to have been caused by one or more of the 27 entries
on the Bills screen. What's that all about? Have you seen this before? Is 27
an excessive number of scheduled bills? Should I refrain from adding that
many back again? Or was the problem more likely the result of one or more of
the eight entries that refused to print on the Scheduled Bills report?
0
cwaters1 (29)
11/5/2007 10:05:04 PM
In microsoft.public.money, Chris wrote:

>> >Are you suggesting that I perform these steps as part of further attempts
>> >'fix' my existing MNY file? Or are you suggesting that I perform these steps
>> >before changing to the new MNY file--so that I have an easier time of
>> >re-creating my bills?
>>
>> I was suggesting the former, tho you could use the idea of using
>> existing transactions to create recurring bills in your new lean
>> file.
>
>Wow! After printing a Scheduled Bills report (containing 19 entries, BTW),
>then making a hand-written note of the eight entries that were appearing on
>the Bills screen but (inexplicably) not appearing on the Scheduled Bills
>report, and then performing a File->Repair->RemoveAllBillsData, the lockup
>issue appears to be resolved! I can go to the account register and then
>change any transaction from reconciled to unreconciled.

Cool!

>So the problem appears to have been caused by one or more of the 27 entries
>on the Bills screen. What's that all about? Have you seen this before?

Not me, but others have had a huge slowdown that was cured by
removing the bills.

> Is 27
>an excessive number of scheduled bills? Should I refrain from adding that
>many back again? Or was the problem more likely the result of one or more of
>the eight entries that refused to print on the Scheduled Bills report?

My understanding is that it is not so much a matter of quantity but
a matter of one or more getting corrupted somehow.

0
via_newsgroup (13113)
11/5/2007 10:17:11 PM
> >So the problem appears to have been caused by one or more of the 27 entries
> >on the Bills screen. What's that all about? Have you seen this before?
>
> Not me, but others have had a huge slowdown that was cured by
> removing the bills.

Amazing. I mean, when I was having this problem, I was letting Money run for
hours--even over night--and it was still frozen. So if I had waited longer,
*eventually* it would have come back?

0
cwaters1 (29)
11/6/2007 1:22:01 AM
> >The last time I reconciled my Money 2007 checking account to my paper
> >statement (about four months ago), it reconciled fine. Now I'm attempting to
> >reconcile the next and following month's statements. When I entered the
> >starting and ending balances on the reconcile dialog box, however, an error
> >appeared that said:
> >
> >"Starting Balance Discrepancy. Money has calculated a different starting
> >balance than the one you entered. To balance your account start with your
> >oldest unreconciled transaction and match each transaction in your account
> >register with the bank statements. Then, mark those transactions as
> >reconciled in your account register. You can always make an adjustment in
> >your account register later if you need to."
> >
> >After I acknowledged that message, Money (2007) locked up on me. After
> >waiting over an hour, I finally killed the process. Now the same thing keeps
> >happening every time I try to reconcile that account.

FYI, even *after* resolving the lock ups (thanks very much, BTW!), I still
could not reconcile with my paper statement without first letting Money
create a Starting Balance Adjustment entry and a Reconciliation Adjustment
entry. I don't understand reason for this...and Money provided little help as
to why it was happening. Interestingly, the amounts nearly canceled one
another out.

Thereafter, the account balance was incorrect as a result of these
adjustments--so I deleted them.

All seems fine now, but I'm a bit concerned that Money insisted on my adding
these entries...and that it seemed as though they needed to be deleted
afterward. Have you ever heard of this?
0
cwaters1 (29)
11/6/2007 1:31:01 AM
> If you have institutions that you have downloads come in via a third
> party need to have the Live ID. Since you did not have that before,
> you don't need that for now.

Within the last few months, I added a savings account with an Internet-based
bank. I hadn't got around to adding this account to Money until now. When I
attempt to add it, specifying the bank, Money tells me:

Settings change required for online updates from this bank
To get online updates from this bank or brokerage, you must change Money's
settings to use a Windows Live ID at sign-in and activate the MSN Money My
Accounts service.

I pressed Cancel. Money created the account anyway, but seems to want me to
change the setting to use a Windows Live ID. Can I safely ignore this? Or
should I 'give in' and use my Windows Live ID?

Strangely enough, this Internet bank's web site indicates that it does not
support downloads to Money (nor Quicken), and that the only way to 'download'
transactions is to download a file and then open it with Money.

Any suggestions on how to proceed?
0
cwaters1 (29)
11/6/2007 1:38:01 AM
In microsoft.public.money, Chris wrote:

>> >So the problem appears to have been caused by one or more of the 27 entries
>> >on the Bills screen. What's that all about? Have you seen this before?
>>
>> Not me, but others have had a huge slowdown that was cured by
>> removing the bills.
>
>Amazing. I mean, when I was having this problem, I was letting Money run for
>hours--even over night--and it was still frozen. So if I had waited longer,
>*eventually* it would have come back?

I kinda doubt it.
0
via_newsgroup (13113)
11/6/2007 2:12:15 AM
In microsoft.public.money, Chris wrote:

>FYI, even *after* resolving the lock ups (thanks very much, BTW!), I still
>could not reconcile with my paper statement without first letting Money
>create a Starting Balance Adjustment entry and a Reconciliation Adjustment
>entry. I don't understand reason for this...and Money provided little help as
>to why it was happening. Interestingly, the amounts nearly canceled one
>another out.

If you wish to start fresh and declare an account balanced, you can
mark all entries balanced.  Select to show only unreconciled
transactions.  Sort by date, and go to the oldest transaction.
Hold down Cntl+Shift+M and let auto-repeat work thru the
transactions until none are left showing.  Then balance making the
starting and ending balance match the known balance.  Choose the
balance date to be the day after your last transaction.  This is
not the normal procedure.  It starts you with an amnesty for former
balancing.

Thereafter, follow the normal procedure.
0
via_newsgroup (13113)
11/6/2007 2:18:07 AM
In microsoft.public.money, Chris wrote:

>Within the last few months, I added a savings account with an Internet-based
>bank. I hadn't got around to adding this account to Money until now. When I
>attempt to add it, specifying the bank, Money tells me:
>
>Settings change required for online updates from this bank
>To get online updates from this bank or brokerage, you must change Money's
>settings to use a Windows Live ID at sign-in and activate the MSN Money My
>Accounts service.
>
>I pressed Cancel. Money created the account anyway, but seems to want me to
>change the setting to use a Windows Live ID. Can I safely ignore this? Or
>should I 'give in' and use my Windows Live ID?
>
>Strangely enough, this Internet bank's web site indicates that it does not
>support downloads to Money (nor Quicken), and that the only way to 'download'
>transactions is to download a file and then open it with Money.
>
>Any suggestions on how to proceed?

If you don't want Money to have Yodlee access your bank account
using your bank sign-in credentials, which you will also have to
provide, and send you the info, you don't need to add your Live Id.

0
via_newsgroup (13113)
11/6/2007 2:21:52 AM
On Nov 5, 9:21?pm, Cal Learner-- MVP <via_newsgr...@please.tnx> wrote:
> In microsoft.public.money, Chris wrote:
> >Within the last few months, I added a savings account with an Internet-based
> >bank. I hadn't got around to adding this account to Money until now. When I
> >attempt to add it, specifying the bank, Money tells me:
>
> >Settings change required for online updates from this bank
> >To get online updates from this bank or brokerage, you must change Money's
> >settings to use a Windows Live ID at sign-in and activate the MSN Money My
> >Accounts service.
>
> >I pressed Cancel. Money created the account anyway, but seems to want me to
> >change the setting to use a Windows Live ID. Can I safely ignore this? Or
> >should I 'give in' and use my Windows Live ID?
>
> >Strangely enough, this Internet bank's web site indicates that it does not
> >support downloads to Money (nor Quicken), and that the only way to 'download'
> >transactions is to download a file and then open it with Money.
>
> >Any suggestions on how to proceed?
>
> If you don't want Money to have Yodlee access your bank account
> using your bank sign-in credentials, which you will also have to
> provide, and send you the info, you don't need to add your Live Id.- Hide quoted text -

Boy oh Boy! Am I glad I manually post all my checking account and
credit card account transactions each day. The so called magic of
Microsoft Money's automatic transaction downloads sure get in the way
when non accounting financial people start pushing those automatic
buttons. I really feel sorry for all those wasted hours trying to FIX
the numbers when just a few minutes a day using ones own BRAIN and
logic does the job correctly. Steve

0
sjcohen730 (458)
11/6/2007 3:16:36 AM
In microsoft.public.money, Steve wrote:

>Boy oh Boy! Am I glad I manually post all my checking account and
>credit card account transactions each day. The so called magic of
>Microsoft Money's automatic transaction downloads sure get in the way
>when non accounting financial people start pushing those automatic
>buttons. I really feel sorry for all those wasted hours trying to FIX
>the numbers when just a few minutes a day using ones own BRAIN and
>logic does the job correctly. Steve

They do it a lot more accurately than I would.
0
via_newsgroup (13113)
11/6/2007 3:50:08 AM
Nuke the bills works for more than slowdowns. It also fixed a problem with
the program freezing/crashing after I upgraded from 05 to Plus last month.

In my case, it seemed to be related to changes in the classification of
scheduled transactions between the versions. Scheduled transactions created
under the old version didn't convert well.

I figured it was old news, so I didn't think to post at the time. It appears
to have been a similar situation to the OP's in this case, though. Perhaps
Nuke the Bills ought to be moved up the stack as a possible solution to a
wider variety of ills than just slow performance.

Susan

>>> Not me, but others have had a huge slowdown that was cured by
>>> removing the bills.
>>
>>Amazing. I mean, when I was having this problem, I was letting Money run
>>for
>>hours--even over night--and it was still frozen. So if I had waited
>>longer,
>>*eventually* it would have come back?
>>

> I kinda doubt it.

I have had this happen when Money would freeze in the middle of the
reconciliation process.

Cindy

"Chris" <cwaters@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message
>> >The last time I reconciled my Money 2007 checking account to my paper
>> >statement (about four months ago), it reconciled fine. Now I'm
>> >attempting to
>> >reconcile the next and following month's statements. When I entered the
>> >starting and ending balances on the reconcile dialog box, however, an
>> >error
>> >appeared that said:
>> >
>> >"Starting Balance Discrepancy. Money has calculated a different starting
>> >balance than the one you entered. To balance your account start with
>> >your
>> >oldest unreconciled transaction and match each transaction in your
>> >account
>> >register with the bank statements. Then, mark those transactions as
>> >reconciled in your account register. You can always make an adjustment
>> >in
>> >your account register later if you need to."
>> >
>> >After I acknowledged that message, Money (2007) locked up on me. After
>> >waiting over an hour, I finally killed the process. Now the same thing
>> >keeps
>> >happening every time I try to reconcile that account.
>
> FYI, even *after* resolving the lock ups (thanks very much, BTW!), I still
> could not reconcile with my paper statement without first letting Money
> create a Starting Balance Adjustment entry and a Reconciliation Adjustment
> entry. I don't understand reason for this...and Money provided little help
> as
> to why it was happening. Interestingly, the amounts nearly canceled one
> another out.
>
> Thereafter, the account balance was incorrect as a result of these
> adjustments--so I deleted them.
>
> All seems fine now, but I'm a bit concerned that Money insisted on my
> adding
> these entries...and that it seemed as though they needed to be deleted
> afterward. Have you ever heard of this?

0
cconover (193)

How to search against XML files in the file system?
Putting the search textbox on the page is the easy part. What's preferred way to find terms in XML files located on the file system? Like finding stuff saved in XML files some of the blogs use these days to store their blog items? There can be lots and lots and lots of XML files on the file system to search. -- <%= Clinton Gallagher NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com URL http://clintongallagher.metromilwaukee.com/ clintonG wrote: > Putting the search textbox on the page is the easy part. What's preferred > way to find terms in XML files located ...

Help with strange .csv files
Please help!! I don't know anything about Excel. I downloaded a zone chart from ups.com (to obtain their shipping info for an e-commerce website) and now I have tons of excel icons on my desktop each time I restart my computer. I delete them to the recycle bin and empty it and they come right back. I went to temporary files and the folder they were located in (Windows/Recent) and deleted them their as well. Yes, they are still back. The files are numbered sequentially and have gone up to over 900. They appear about 60 at a time on my desktop. Any idea what is causing this and how ca...

exporting pst files
I am trying to export personal folders from Outlook 2000 to my new computer using import/export but the system won't let me put the information on a CD as it says I don't have access--see administrator. How am I able to use the E drive to download this material? Dirk Copy the file to the harddisk and remove the "Read Only" file attribute. Then connect to it by File-> Open-> Personal Data File... -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- &qu...

How do I record a macro which should work on multiple files ?
Hi, I'am interested in creating Macros for some job tasks of mine. I went through the Excel course of "Working with Loops" in Macros and have attained some basic information on VBA. But since I'am not an expert in it, I want to create Excel macros, using the Option " RECORD MACRO" in excel. My problem is that, I want the MACRO to (a) Copy data from 2 files into a new file. (b) Analyze this data with calculations (c) Build a graph.......basically the summary sheet and graph in a new sheet of the new file. I want to know, whether, can we do such a macro using &...

File name
Hi, Is it possible to show the Excel file name in a cell? Thanks Pilar Pilar =CELL("Filename") -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Pilar" <pilarblancom@terra.es> wrote in message news:zC95d.2633616$A6.8987406@telenews.teleline.es... > Hi, > Is it possible to show the Excel file name in a cell? > > Thanks > Pilar > > Hi see: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0002.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Pilar" <pilarblancom@terra.es> schr...

USPTYPE.XML File?
Hi There- I'm trying to install Outlook XP and the install keeps looking for a USPTYPE.XML file which isn't on the CD. I think it has something to do with the outlook connector for Notes which I had installed at one point. Any idea what's going on? Thanks, nj ...

Executing or opening a file
How does one code a procedure to open a file from within VC++, under the assumption that their system's file associations are in check? I'm guessing the execl() family is bad news. I need to open an HTML page that is created within the program when the user clicks on a menu option. This is a dialog based app if that makes any difference. I'd prefer to have it externally executed rather than within the program (so the user has all of the web browser options availble to them). Thanks. Try ShellExecuteEx(...) Regards, Peter "NoName" <anon@reply.to.group>...

from one.mny to another.mny
Hello. How can I copy some operations from one.mny to another.mny. I was try with export and import but I get incomplete data (operation dates no imported) Thank you in advance Guillermo In microsoft.public.money, guille wrote: >Hello. >How can I copy some operations from one.mny to >another.mny. >I was try with export and import but I get incomplete >data (operation dates no imported) >Thank you in advance > From Money in the same geography to the same or newer version of Money, copy the .mny file over and open it. Use File->Open. Otherwise see http://support....

Saving hIcon to disk file problem.
The following only creates a file with zero bytes! The hIcon is passed from a function that uses ExtractIcon to get the icon handle. What went wrong? // -- snip -- BOOL CIcoExDlg::SaveIconFile(CString sFilePath, HICON *hIcon) { ASSERT(hIcon != NULL); int nHSize = ::GlobalSize(&hIcon); LPSTR lpBuf = (LPSTR) ::GlobalLock(&hIcon); UINT nBytesWritten = 0; int fh = _open( (LPCTSTR)sFilePath, _O_CREAT, _S_IREAD | _S_IWRITE ); if(fh == -1) { MessageBox("Unable to create new icon file!", " SAVE ICON ERROR", MB_ICONEXCLAMATION); return FALSE; } else { nByt...

how to open a pdf file in excel file
Try to open a pdf file in excel by using hyperlink. I assigned a link it seems pdf program is opened by shut down right away. Anyone know? ...

files ending in .pub
I have Office 2000 Professional edition. I was sent a file with the ending ..pub. How do I open this file? There are several suggestions offered such as word, word pad and none work. Suggestions You need Publisher. No viewers, just Publisher. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "jimcarlab@hotmail.com" <jimcarlab@hotmail.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0D3D9976-292A-4CF3-97C4-BF57C233B6CB@microsoft.com... > I have Office 2000 Professional edition. I was sent a file with the > ending > .pub. > How do I open this file? There...

Mny 2000 to Mny 2005
I have been using Mny 00 for a long time and have been quite happy with it. I recently purchased a new laptop and it came with Mny 05. I thought I would give it a try. I like it allot. However I do not like the bills summary. It only shows the next bill due for each institution that I am making a payment to. I very much like the old version of "View: Bills and deposits" where I could see all of the upcoming bills and deposits for 1, 2, 3, 6 or 12 months out. Does anybody know of a way to display all future bills and deposits in Mny 05? and I dont mean that useless calander it...

Money 2006 MNY file type
I installed Money 2006 from built-in "administrator" account on Windows XP. When I login using another XP account, the file type association with Money 2006 program is not there. Thanks In microsoft.public.money, AG wrote: >I installed Money 2006 from built-in "administrator" account on Windows XP. >When I login using another XP account, the file type association with Money >2006 program is not there. If the other XP account is an administrator account, you can reinstall from there. If not, I am thinking that reinstalling from that built-in "admini...

How can I change the order that the series appear in the legend k.
I know it is possible to move the series within a legend key in an excel chart into an order that you require as I have done this before but I can't remember how! Any help would be appreciated. Hi, To change the legend order you need to change the data series order. Select a data series and press CTRL+1 to display the format dialog. There should be a Series Order tab with a listbox of data series. Cheers Andy Harriet wrote: > I know it is possible to move the series within a legend key in an excel > chart into an order that you require as I have done this before but I can...

how to retrieve other Quickbooks file from Accounting
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C78E30.7173B010 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I did import a file from quickbook and posted its batches. Now I want to = retrieve different QB file. I go to = Manager>configuration>accounting>select Quickbooks2003 then try to = change company Name and File but they are greyed out (disable). Do you = know how to select different files and company to retrieve for = accounting. Thank you very much ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C78E30.7173B01...

How do I import messages from mbox file to Outlook?
I want to start using Outlook for mail from Agent and Agent says their export to to an mbox universal UNIX file format. How then to I import this format into Outlook? SPeon <SPeon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I want to start using Outlook for mail from Agent and Agent says > their export to to an mbox universal UNIX file format. How then to I > import this format into Outlook? Many people find the conversion easiest to manage by first importing into Outlook Express (using the Netscape Communicator selection, since that also uses mbox format) and then exporting into...

Play a .wav file in my VB6 program?
How can I play a .wav file from my VB6 app? I want to develop a VB6 app that can play a .wav file through the computer's built-in sound system. The files it plays will not be music - they will be pre-recorded voice messages. I downloaded and tested the ShellExecute program from Randy Birch's site. It plays the .wav file alright but it invokes Windows Media Player to do the actual playing. I would like to have the file play without anything visible happening on the screen. IOW, I would like to be able to click on a button and have the sound file play. Is there any way thi...

"Applying computer settings" screen appears for longer
I am running Windows 2003 Standard server, and Exchange 2003 Enterprise server. Due to power failure the server went down and came back up with Exchange Information Store service on 'Starting' I also tried to shut all the Exchange 2003 services down before rebooting the server and it failed, Information Store service stopped but the other Exchange related services did not stop. Now, when I shut the server down try to restart the server is just hanging on "Applying computer settings" screen appears for longer than expected? Does anyone know how to fix the issue? Any hel...

Access file size limit for 2003 and 2007 and memory issue
(1) Can someone tell me the max file size of Access file?(2) Also, when I open a 2GB Access file, does it uses 2 GB of memory?The reason I asked is that when I opened such file, I see theavailable memory in the Tasks Manager window went down to zerogradually.(3) I saw some posts that suggested using table link to deal with thesize issue, but would the performance (speed) go down when runningqueries using tables from two different Access file?- Grasshopper - "Grasshopper" <excelmodeling@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1174962344.143858.324700@y66g2000hsf.googlegroups.com...>...

Convert .tif file to Excel file?
Can .tif file be converted to Excel file? And how? Thanks. -- danyeungw ------------------------------------------------------------------------ danyeungw's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=36492 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=562503 A .tif file is a picture (or even a picture of text). Maybe you can run the picture through an OCR program to convert that data to text and import that text file into excel. danyeungw wrote: > > Can .tif file be converted to Excel file? And how? Thanks. > > --...

viewing .pst file
I have archived old tasks through "File, archive" and I see the .pst file in Explorer but how do I now view the archived files in Outlook? Is it now safe to delete them from the tasks view since they've been archived? hobscons <hobscons@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have archived old tasks through "File, archive" and I see the .pst > file in Explorer but how do I now view the archived files in Outlook? File>Open>Outlook Data File. Browse to the archive PST, select it, and clicck OK. > Is it now safe to delete them from the tasks vie...

Pocket Excel files (.pxl) do not open in Excel 2003 on XP desktop
I just tried to open a Pocket Excel file on my Windows XP desktop and the file could not be opened. Has anyone had any luck opening Pocket excel files on a desktop PC without converting them? Pocket Excel I believe is the .pxl format that the Handheld PC and the PocketPC use. I may want to password protect files and send them to a party that does not have a PocketPC. Can this be done, or do I need to convert the files to MS excel and password protect a seperate .zip file using resco File explorer? I cannot send any files to this party that are not password protected for the risk is to...

CHm file format
Hello, I have seen your's reference on code project. I am new to CHM format and i need to create a CHM viewer. I have some queries regarding the same a) what is binary TOC and binary index ( I have been able to parse the HHc and HHk fie). How i should parse the same b) What are merged files. How i can read them c) How how CHI, CHw and CHQ files can be created. How reading of these files will be different form the reading CHM file. Please help me out by answering my queries. Thanks, Ritu ...

Details section not appearing when viewed in Form View
So I have this data entry form with controls linked to a number of tables. I built it today, and up til recently worked fine. Now, I'm having a problem where all the controls in the Details section (when in Design View) fail to appear when viewed in Form View. My Header info appears, just not the Detail section. I didn't consciously change anything that would make a section not-visible. Any tips? Thanks! Hi Markmarko This will happen in Access if there is no data to show in the form. The way to check for this is to open the query the form is based on. If the query returns n...

How do I bring up a file that I saved as an Excel file?
I am taking classes and have to do work on Excel and was wondering why when I save them I can't retrieve them? I can see the file names but am not able to retrieve them I am inexperienced on Office. Hi open excel, choose file & open, locate your files, click on the one you want to open and press the Open button. however, if the files that you want to open are on a floppy disk then it is a VERY good idea to copy them onto your hard drive before opening them. This is best achieved using windows explorer. to do this: right mouse click on the start button choose explore ensure the flo...