Mutual Fund Names and Stock Names displayed on multiple lines

In 2005 Deluxe, Portfolio Manager, Group by Investment Type, the same mutual
fund is incorrectly listed on multiple lines.  And, if I move the cursor over
different lines, the names sometime change.  The mkt values appear correct,
but the fund names are all messed up.

Is there an update or service pack ready yet to fix this and/or other
problems?
--
Greg
0

Have the same problem with money 2005 canadian version the Symbol,Name,Last
Price and %Change change to the line the cursor was on before all else stay
the same.

Rudolf

"Greg" wrote:

> In 2005 Deluxe, Portfolio Manager, Group by Investment Type, the same mutual
> fund is incorrectly listed on multiple lines.  And, if I move the cursor over
> different lines, the names sometime change.  The mkt values appear correct,
> but the fund names are all messed up.
>
> Is there an update or service pack ready yet to fix this and/or other
> problems?
> --
> Greg
0
Rudolf (4)
11/12/2004 4:03:04 PM

"Greg" wrote:

> In 2005 Deluxe, Portfolio Manager, Group by Investment Type, the same mutual
> fund is incorrectly listed on multiple lines.  And, if I move the cursor over
> different lines, the names sometime change.  The mkt values appear correct,
> but the fund names are all messed up.
>
> Is there an update or service pack ready yet to fix this and/or other
> problems?
> --
> Greg
0
Woody (23)
12/16/2004 3:09:03 PM
I have the same problem and I noticed that the two stocks that were doing it
I had held the stocks in a different account that are still in use.  After
reading some of the other suggestions on the site I have decided to try to
delete the investments and reinstall to see if that works.  I will let you
know how it goes.  If this doesn't work, I am going back to 2004.

"Greg" wrote:

> In 2005 Deluxe, Portfolio Manager, Group by Investment Type, the same mutual
> fund is incorrectly listed on multiple lines.  And, if I move the cursor over
> different lines, the names sometime change.  The mkt values appear correct,
> but the fund names are all messed up.
>
> Is there an update or service pack ready yet to fix this and/or other
> problems?
> --
> Greg
0
flickib1 (4)
1/8/2005 3:19:01 AM
In microsoft.public.money, flickib1 wrote:

>I have the same problem and I noticed that the two stocks that were doing it
>I had held the stocks in a different account that are still in use.  After
>reading some of the other suggestions on the site I have decided to try to
>delete the investments and reinstall to see if that works.  I will let you
>know how it goes.  If this doesn't work, I am going back to 2004.

Do NOT delete a stock without blanking the symbol first.

Now if you mean that you want to start over, then File->New would do
that.

>"Greg" wrote:
>
>> In 2005 Deluxe, Portfolio Manager, Group by Investment Type, the same mutual
>> fund is incorrectly listed on multiple lines.  And, if I move the cursor over
>> different lines, the names sometime change.  The mkt values appear correct,
>> but the fund names are all messed up.
>>
>> Is there an update or service pack ready yet to fix this and/or other
>> problems?
>> --
>> Greg

0
via_newsgroup (13115)
1/8/2005 5:07:47 AM
My deleting did not work, I still can't figure out when I am in portfolio
manager and I select to sort by Investment type I see duplicate names.  Most
of the other information is different but for two of my investments I see the
same name right below each other...Any suggestions Cal? Also, is there a way
to do a screen print so I can show you what I mean?  Thanks

Brian

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, flickib1 wrote:
>
> >I have the same problem and I noticed that the two stocks that were doing it
> >I had held the stocks in a different account that are still in use.  After
> >reading some of the other suggestions on the site I have decided to try to
> >delete the investments and reinstall to see if that works.  I will let you
> >know how it goes.  If this doesn't work, I am going back to 2004.
>
> Do NOT delete a stock without blanking the symbol first.
>
> Now if you mean that you want to start over, then File->New would do
> that.
>

> >"Greg" wrote:
> >
> >> In 2005 Deluxe, Portfolio Manager, Group by Investment Type, the same mutual
> >> fund is incorrectly listed on multiple lines.  And, if I move the cursor over
> >> different lines, the names sometime change.  The mkt values appear correct,
> >> but the fund names are all messed up.
> >>
> >> Is there an update or service pack ready yet to fix this and/or other
> >> problems?
> >> --
> >> Greg

0
flickib1 (4)
1/13/2005 3:31:02 AM
In microsoft.public.money, flickib1 wrote:

>My deleting did not work, I still can't figure out when I am in portfolio
>manager and I select to sort by Investment type I see duplicate names.  Most
>of the other information is different but for two of my investments I see the
>same name right below each other..

Do they show the same symbol?

When you click the "+" next to each name, does it list the *same*
transactions?

Does it look similar to
 MICROSOFT C0RP...
 MICROSOFT CORP...
   or
 Hec1a Mining
 Hecla Mining
possibly?

If the answers are yes, yes, no, I suggest you report it to
Microsoft.
If you Help->MicrosoftMoneyHelp and search for "help", one of the
items is "Get Help from Microsoft Product Support Services".

0
via_newsgroup (13115)

Mutual funds merging with other mutual funds
In Money 2000 Deluxe, how do you record when a mutual fund company combines with another mutual fund? I had 200 shares of fund a, which was combined with fund b, and I ended up with 300 shares of fund b. However, there is no exchange available in the investment options for mutual funds. In microsoft.public.money, Rod wrote: >In Money 2000 Deluxe, how do you record when a mutual fund >company combines with another mutual fund? I had 200 >shares of fund a, which was combined with fund b, and I >ended up with 300 shares of fund b. However, there is no >exchange ava...

Washington Mutual #2
Suddenly my Washington Mutual account no longer updates. Of course that isn't the worst, since when it did update I would receive multiple postings, unmatched/matched items. Always took longer to fix than to go to the site and update manually. My credit card accounts have never been a problem. I've had the same problem and now I can't update account at all it like it lost the connection, but everything else works. "John Barnes" wrote: > Suddenly my Washington Mutual account no longer updates. Of course that > isn't the worst, since when it did update ...

Do not display other pages when form is sent
I have a form that has 2 pages. one gathers data the other is the actual message. is there a way to hide the second page once the e-mail is sent? You'd have to use code in the Item_Open (not Item_Send) to show/hide the = desired page.=20 Why not just use one page with separate compose and read layouts?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx ...

Working with multiple namespaces
Hi Everyone I was wondering if anyone knew of a good guide to working with multiple namespaces under .NET? And also help me with my latest poser. As you may have calculated by my other posts, I am working under a lot of new technologies that I didn't realise I would be when I took the job - so I am on a steep learning curve (too steep at times!!! lol). Very basically, I want to be able to do some XPath on XML I am getting back from a web-service, and I have worked out that I need to apply my DTDs because there is an xmlns attribute in my root element. <Root Target="test" ...

Mutual Funds Winning Guide
Free Gadget Fund Teller to let you know funds' real-time price before you buy or sell. http://fundteller.somee.com/ Keep winning. ...

problem with pivot table with multiple data disappearing
Hi, I am new to pivot table. I created a pivot table with the "customer ID" as my row field, and "date of the month" as my column field. Then I selected two fields as my data. One field is the category of the things the customer bought and the other field is the price associated with the item bought. Then in the data drop down I can see these two fields. However, whenever I deselect one field, the selection drop down disappears, my table then has only one data dispalyed and I can't see the other field unless I add that field back in. Is there a way to keep the se...

Automatic naming of ranges
Is it possible to make Excel name your ranges automatic. I have aroun 10 * 30 ranges of the same size that needs to be named, and it is a bi of a hazzle to do it manually. Thanks Pete -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com > I have around 10 * 30 ranges of the same size that needs to be named, and it is a bit > of a hazzle to do it manually. A bit short on info. You could try Create Names using existing row & column labels -- CTRL+Shift+F3. Or for identical ranges on different sheets, try a global name such as ("Area") =!$A$1:$AD$10 HTH, Andy ...

Copy and paste two named ranges together.
I am attempting to copy and combine two named ranges of equal size into a blank spreadsheet. How does one copy the first named range and concurrently seperate each copied row with a blank row into the blank spreadsheet, and copy the second range and paste those copied records into the blank rows? I am looking for a systematic way of doing this consolidation. There can be hundreds of rows of data. Also the named ranges can very in size month to month. The end result is to combine two ranges for a journal entry upload into a financial accounting entry. The two arrays represent the ...

Preferred Payee Name Wildcards
Bank of America adds a transaction's date to the payee field. For instance, a transaction from Donland's on August 8, 2006 will be downloaded as "0808 DONLANDS", while a Donland's August 10, 2006 transaction will be downloaded as "0810 DONLANDS". Is there a way to configure Preferred Payee Names with wildcards so that the date portion of the download is ignored and only "Donland's" is entered into the register? In microsoft.public.money, Silbury Hill wrote: >Bank of America adds a transaction's date to the payee field. For >instance,...

Way to put multiple rows into the same column.
I have data that is in the format of 3 columns wide by about 3000 rows. I want to rearrange each row to become a single column. Eg. Cells A1,B1,C1,A2,B2,C2 to become in cells A1,A2,A3,A4,A5,A6 respectively. I have transposed the data but this only puts each row in it's own column. I still need to put all the new columns into one column. Thankyou for any help given. Hi, Try my EastyText_Rev1.xls at http://www.geocities.com/excelmarksway It might work, er, maybe, hmmm... - Mark >-----Original Message----- >I have data that is in the format of 3 columns wide by about 3000 r...

"Save As" dialog taking a long time to display
Most recently, in trying to save a Word document using the "Save as.." dialog, it took several minutes to display the dialog box. All the while, the SPOD was spinning away in Word. I could use other apps, even other Office apps (Entourage, Excel), but not Word. Is this a known problem (hopefully with a known solution)??? Mark Office 2004 11.2, OS X 10.4.3 P.S. I just noticed it's a problem with the "File, Open" dialog as well, in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. But once I've used either one of the dialogs, there's no delay using either one of them afterwards du...

How SUM come here? {=SUM((Rng1="Car")*(Rng2="names")*(Profits))}
When looking at SUM's syntax it says (number1, number2 ...). How does one figure out that even these type of statements are possible? Does the Manual list all such possibilities? Try =SUMPRODUCT(--(Rng1="Car"),--(Rng2="names"),Profits) There are no manuals in Excel anymore so I assume you mean help, I believe 97 was the last one with a manual It was also the last one with decent help -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "dindigul" <padhye.m@gmail.com> wrote in message news:%237sV8qllHHA.1820@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > When looking at SUM's synta...

Named dynamic ranges, copied worksheets and graph source data
I have a worksheet setup that graphs data contained in two dynamic named ranges. The graph is an object within the worksheet and not a separate graph sheet. The named ranges are defined as follows using the dynamic range name addin for Excel: Pressure ='150 GPM'!$F$12:OFFSET('150 GPM'!$F$12,COUNTA('150 GPM'!$F$12:$F$65536)-1,0) RPM ='150 GPM'!$B$12:OFFSET('150 GPM'!$B$12,COUNTA('150 GPM'!$B$12:$B$65536)-1,0) I want to use this sheet (including the embedded graph) as a template that can be copied to quickly process other data series. The pro...

Accounts
Set up retirement account. Added a mutual fund to the retirement a/c as money market instead of mutual fund. Can't find a way to change to mutual fund. In microsoft.public.money, griff31644 wrote: >Set up retirement account. Added a mutual fund to the retirement a/c as >money market instead of mutual fund. Can't find a way to change to mutual >fund. It is not trivial, but not as hard as it first appears. A few minutes should do it. In the details for the existing MMF, remove the symbol, and rename the existing investment to something you will never use. Let's...

Check Names
Why does the subject button give me the option of the "business fax" for an email address? How do I send out 100 emails and make each one appear personal? Thanks The Subject button? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Clifford Smith" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:346201c3ad1e$59277c90$3101280a@phx.gbl... > Why does the subject button give me the option of > the "business fax" for an email address? > > How do I send out 100 emails and make each one appear > personal? > > Thanks ...

How to Output Data from Variable Ranges in Multiple Sheets into 1 Report; Yikes
Hi there - I=92ve made a gradebook that other teachers will now use, but we want to be able to print reports from it. Say if a teacher clicks anywhere on a student=92s row, how can Excel output that student=92s data, found in certain columns in that sheet as well as possibly 6 other worksheets (7 periods in a day) into Word, another Excel sheet, or some other format? If you can help, here=92s the layout of the workbook: 8 sheets total, named Period 1, Period 2, =85, Period 7, and Fields (where I put the HREF scores). Col headings in sheets 1 through 7 occupy rows 8 =96 12. Student last and...

File naming conventions
I received an excel worksheet. It's named "fileA 24Aug2005.xls". When i open it up on my mac in excel, the date truncates to something like "fileA #17D114.xls. This wouldn't be a problem, except that when i print their file from my computer, the new name, prints at the bottom of the worksheet which won't fly because the new name printed wouldn't match their database. 2 questions. 1) where is this file name stored and where is the command that tells it to print at the bottom, because i don't see it on my screen, only the printed copy. 2) how can i open a...

Form display shutting down
Hello. I want do do the following: when I display in a form a record one after another, when I reach the last one, the displays automatically ends or go to a end form to tell the user that the presentation ended. What is happening right now, is that when I reach the last record and I enter TAB, appears a new empty record. Note that this is not a only presentation session, I mean, I need to enter some information in the records while displaying. Thanks in advance. Best regards. On the Data tab of the properties sheet for the form, set "Allow Additions" to NO. acores wrote: >H...

Viewing multiple spreadsheets
I have Excel 2003 Professional. I'd like to look at two spreadsheets at a time, but each in its own window. Excel defaults to opening each new spreadsheet as another workbook in the current window. If each were in its own window, I could have one spreadsheet on the left monitor, and the other on the right monitor. Thanks for any help!! Mike Mike Knoblock wrote: > I have Excel 2003 Professional. I'd like to look at two spreadsheets at a > time, but each in its own window. Excel defaults to opening each new > spreadsheet as another workbook in the current window....

Changing Users Name
We have a user that got married over the weekend. I went into her windows account and renamed her account name( that worked fine),I also added new SMTP addresses for her new married name under her exchange settings and set the new SMTP address as the default SMTP account. I left her old SMTP (Maiden Name) settings intact so that she can still accept mail to her old account name. However her mail is still going out with the maiden name attached. Can someone tell me how to fix this. I'm running Windows 2003 with Exchange 2003. need to right click on the correct e-mail address under h...

Rule Question using From name
I get these annoying spam emails for prescription drugs. They are always From: "Doctor" with the actual email address being different each time. ex. Doctor [betacomp@griggsgroup.com] There's no point in adding these emails to my Junk Senders list because the address changes everytime. The one thing they all have in common though, is the From: name - Doctor. So, how do I tell Outlook to delete all emails from "Doctor" ? I manually added, to my junk senders list, just the word - Doctor, but it does not delete these emails. If I try to use one of the rules templates,...

Autoform shows numbers-I want names
I created an autoform and it shows my project managers' ID #, how do I make it show the name? I want to ba able to select from a list of project managers by name to set as the project manager for the project. Thanks. If the autonumbers are associated with the names, you can create a combo box that includes the number and the name. Create a combo box, open its property sheet (View > Properties, or use the toolbar icon), click the Data tab, and click Row Source. Click the three dots that appear to the right. A query design grid will appear. Add PersonID (the autonumber) to the...

Portfolio Update of Stock Closing Values
I'm using Money Plus H&B and the porfolio update is not working correctly for the last 2 days. I own JPM and it is not updating correctly. Yesterday it showed the wrong closing value for some time and the wrong change in $. Today it showed the wrong closing date so I deleted it and did an update. The porfolio manager did not update the JPM value at all. I double checked and JPM is shown as supposed to be updated. I then put in the close manually. The change in $ is showing unchanged. Is anyone else having problems with JPM or other symbols? Yes I have the same problem he...

Corrupted Alias Name
I am having problems with a specific mailbox on an Exchange 5.5 server. The initial symptom was that user not being able to send email (msgs received ok, but could not send - msgs were stuck in the outbox). Checking the recipients container that user had TWO entries. They were both identical - from display name, owner and alias name to all other details etc etc. When messages were sent to that user, the message appeared in 1 mailbox only. But deleting the non-receiving mailbox prevented logon to the other mailbox. The two must have been "linked at the hips". So had to delete the ...

Multiple Domain Name Distinction...
Hello all, First of all, I am not an Exchange Admin but, I play one at work. One Exchange Server 2003, two email domain names, domain1.com and domain2.com (example) Right now we can send and receive email through <user>@domain1.com. We want to be able to send and receive through both but, distinguish between them when replying to email. For instance; I receive an email which was addressed me@domain1.com and I reply. The recipient gets my reply and it says it is from me@domain1.com. If I receive mail at me@domain2.com and reply what will the recipient of my reply see in the fro...