Mutual fund codes

I have a mutual fund that I cannot get the prices for.  The code is
CA:AIM3593 and Money does not list that fund.  I'm upgrading from Quicken
2002, which could download prices for this fund and I'm deciding between the
latest versions of  Money and Quicken.

There are 7 other funds that I cannot get prices for because Money does not
list the fund.  The codes are all available at
https://www.cannex.com/canada/english/fund/fp030ae.html and all work with
Quicken.
--
If you can keep your head about you, while all those around you are losing
theirs, you just don't understand the situation.

code for moving to new record in datasheet view
Access 2003 What's the vba code for moving to a new record when in datsheet view. Here's what I've tried but is errors saying the subform is not opened and yet this code is on an event in the subform: If cmbInvLU <> 289 Then DoCmd.GoToRecord acForm, "Forms!frmWOTRH![frmWOTRL subform].Form", acNewRec Thanks for your help. SAC, Since your already in the subform... try... DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP 2006-2009 http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html &quo...

Re: How do I write code that will comprise a big range of values?
I have the following input box running when a workbook is open... Sub ZipCode() MyInput = InputBox("Please enter Zip Code") If MyInput = "10023" Then Worksheets("Sheets").Select If MyInput = "10024" Then .... and so on for the whole NYC metro area End Sub Now I have to create a message box for the zip codes that are not included for example 00000,99999,66666. How do I accomplish this in few lines of code??? I started with the following... but this is obviously illegal.... I don't know how to include a wider range of values.... Sub ZipCode() If My...

Mutual funds merging with other mutual funds
In Money 2000 Deluxe, how do you record when a mutual fund company combines with another mutual fund? I had 200 shares of fund a, which was combined with fund b, and I ended up with 300 shares of fund b. However, there is no exchange available in the investment options for mutual funds. In microsoft.public.money, Rod wrote: >In Money 2000 Deluxe, how do you record when a mutual fund >company combines with another mutual fund? I had 200 >shares of fund a, which was combined with fund b, and I >ended up with 300 shares of fund b. However, there is no >exchange ava...

Unused vars and unattached codes
Is there perhaps an easy way to detect unused and therefore superfluous variables in code. Is is also possible to detect code of which the objects are not existing anymore? Thanks, Lars On Sat, 6 Feb 2010 09:44:55 +0100, "Lars Brownies" <Lars@Browniew.com> wrote: No easy way. FMS (www.fmsinc.com) sells a tool that can do this. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >Is there perhaps an easy way to detect unused and therefore superfluous >variables in code. Is is also possible to detect code of which the objects >are not existing anymore? > >Th...

Code signing an Access2007 application
I understand this is not really an Access issue but when I started to search about this issue I kept seeing Access MVPs so here goes. I have an Access2007 runtime application that I use Sagekey to build an EXE file. The app runs fine when installed. I just want to code sign the EXE to get rid of that IE message. Some users are afraid to run the EXE install program because of this message. I have not gone down the road to buy a cert and attach it to an EXE, any tips are appreciated on the best steps to approach this. I was looking at: http://www.globalsign.com/code-signing...

form coding on before update
Hi everyone. I have a yes/no field on my form with 3 number fields related to the the yes/no form. If the the yes/no form is True then i would like at least one of the three number fields to have a number greater than 0. I have it set so that if the yes/no is false it automatically sets the three number fields to 0 but i am trying to set a rule that forces you to enter a number in one or more of the three fields. Can someone give me a push in the right direction? Thank you! You can use the form BeforeUpdate event to check if the fields are filled, if not then stop the process If ...

Washington Mutual #2
Suddenly my Washington Mutual account no longer updates. Of course that isn't the worst, since when it did update I would receive multiple postings, unmatched/matched items. Always took longer to fix than to go to the site and update manually. My credit card accounts have never been a problem. I've had the same problem and now I can't update account at all it like it lost the connection, but everything else works. "John Barnes" wrote: > Suddenly my Washington Mutual account no longer updates. Of course that > isn't the worst, since when it did update ...

Mutual Funds Winning Guide
Free Gadget Fund Teller to let you know funds' real-time price before you buy or sell. http://fundteller.somee.com/ Keep winning. ...

Accounts
Set up retirement account. Added a mutual fund to the retirement a/c as money market instead of mutual fund. Can't find a way to change to mutual fund. In microsoft.public.money, griff31644 wrote: >Set up retirement account. Added a mutual fund to the retirement a/c as >money market instead of mutual fund. Can't find a way to change to mutual >fund. It is not trivial, but not as hard as it first appears. A few minutes should do it. In the details for the existing MMF, remove the symbol, and rename the existing investment to something you will never use. Let's...

QSImport Error Codes
Hi While importing about 50 items i was getting errors on 20 of them accused as duplicates. I checked the entries in question, and they were not duplicates. So i went and tried to import again unchecking "treat duplicates as errors", and i got the same 20 now listed as a 00003265 error. Is there anyone out there who can shed some light on this? Thanks, -- Eddie B If anyone is interested this code means that the ILC already exists. Hence the duplicate error in the first place. -- Eddie B "Eddie B" wrote: > Hi > > While importing about 50 items i was ...

worksheet code
Hi, Is it possible to add one more cell in the below work sheet code ("$A$10"). Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim iPos As Long On Error GoTo ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = False With Target If .Address = "$B$8" Then If Len(.Value) > 50 Then iPos = InStrRev(.Value, " ", 51) If iPos > 0 Then Offset(1, 0).Value = Right(.Value, Len(.Value) - iPos) Value = Left(.Value, iPos) End If End If End If End With ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = True End Sub thanks and regards nowfal -- nowfal --------------------------------------...

Mutually exclusive checkboxes
How do you make checkboxes in a WORD form mutually exclusive? I do NOT work in code. Can this be done using the standard "Developer" functions provided in Word. I am creating a form with several lines of questions. Each is to be answered using Yes/No/NA checkboxes. Only a single box should be checked. I'm not aware of a way of doing that without programming. However, if you aren't 100% committed to check boxes, you might consider using a Drop-Down Form Field in which the choices are Yes, No, and Not Applicable. -- Herb Tyson MS MVP Author of the Word 2007...

want to transfer out funds from a fund within an account to a fund within the same account.
I want to do this to preserve my cost basis. I have a 401k that lets say has a fund that I bought for 100 bucks and it gained 10 dollars. when I issue a buy/sell to transfer it to another fund (within the same 401k account) the new cost basis is 110 dollars instead of the 100 that I actually spent. I know that using transfer in/out will preserve this cost basis, but it doesnt seem to work within an account per other threads of this nature. How can I do something similar within the same account? I am using 2005 premium. Thanks Vic. I don't think your use of Cost Basis reflects tax la...

Mutual fund transaction download as wrong Mutual fund
When I download my transaction from my Fidelity IRA Money downloads Fidelity Diversified International (FDIVX) as American Century Equity Income Inv (TWEIX). What would cause this and how can I fix it? I think this originally came in as an unidentified transaction and was accidentally matched with TWEIX. How can this be fixed? ...

The Code One
http://www.thecodeone.com/vb/index.htm ...

Current User code....where does it go?
I've found the code from Dev Ahsish on getting the current user on network. Where would this code be pasted? I'm trying to record the timestamp (have it) and the current user (don't have) of a form in Access. If I put it in VB how do I call this function up for a particular field? I'm assuming the code you are referring to uses the GetUserName WinAPI call. Place the code you found in a module, make sure the function is public. Now you can refer to that function from lots of places. I have a function like this that I call NTUserLogin. It is in a module and looks like this: ...

Help with macro code
I have a sheet with a pivot table of variable size. I want to further summarize the data below the pivot table. I have put the appropriate formulas on another sheet. I recorded a macro that was intended to: select the formulas from sheet2 copy select sheet1 move below the maximum expected size of the pivot table move up to the bottom of the pivot table move down one cell paste The problem is with moving down one cell. The macro recorded this as: Range("A10").Select How can I change that line to get the desired effect. Carlos ***Macro code follows*** Sub SumBySize(...

Automatic Calculation of Co-Op Funds?
Hi, Has anyone developed a solution to manage Co-Op funds? Working with one of our clients who when their vendors buy things from them they earn co-op funds. Sometimes it is a percentage of the product sale price, some times it is a flat rate per unit purchased. In addition, the percentages/rates can change up or down reflecting a promotion that runs for a limited time period. Alan ...

File Transfer using vb.net code
Hi, I would like to transfer/move a file from one folder to other folder in shareopint site. That needs to be done using vb.net. Could you please prove the code for that? Regards, Balu Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Dr. Dotnetsky's Cool .NET Tips and Tricks # 16 http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/960bc693-889f-46c1-9b0e-1b0a67d13ea5/dr-dotnetskys-cool-net.aspx So your asking someone on this list to do your work for you? For free? Sounds like you might want to get some consulting time. -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what w...

VBA code to sum a row: syntax needed
I've got some code going, and need to perform a function if the sum of cells between columns DZ and EP on every row exceeds zero. What is the code to sum a range? Range("dz" & selection.row).value + Range("ea" & selection.row).value + etc is too cumbersome. What's the better way? Thanks! One way: Sub test() With Selection Range("dx" & .Row) = WorksheetFunction.Sum _ (Range("dz" & .Row & ":ep" & .Row)) End With End Sub Regards Trevor <slingsh0t@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1121...

how do I send coded HTML email in Outlook 2003
I want to be able to send a HTML email to potential clients that have requested more information. It is coded as HTML But I cant seemt o find a way in Outlook 2003 to be able to send it. Where are you creating it? If it's an HTML file, use Insert File, As Text command on an open message form. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: ...

code to search files and folders?
Hi need a code for a command button that will open the Search files and folders dialog? Can any one help? Which version are you using? maybe something like this: http://www.tek-tips.com/faqs.cfm?fid=4114 -- Maurice Ausum "jo" wrote: > Hi need a code for a command button that will open the Search files and > folders dialog? > Can any one help? Hi Maurice I am using access 2003 version. I have had a look at the code but can you tell me what code I need to call this code please. Jo "Maurice" wrote: > Which version are you using? &...

Washington Mutual
Suddenly my Washington Mutual account no longer updates. Of course that isn't the worst, since when it did update I would receive multiple postings, unmatched/matched items. Always took longer to fix than to go to the site and update manually. My credit card accounts have never been a problem. ...

Unintended change to Excel VBA code
A few days back, I posted a similar message to the main Access newsgroup, due to a situation with a networked Access database, concerning VBA code behind an Access user form. The feedback suggested that I re-save the Access ..mdb file as an .mde, and that seems to have solved the issue. Now it's happened again, but in an Excel workbook. The workbook has much VBA code, and the subroutines run in response to custom menu items. These subs have been running for several years with no problems. The sole user of the workbook has now encountered a compile error and tells me that the VBA shows her...

Show code meaning rather than code value
I have a text box in a form that is displaying (as it should) the value of a code that is stored in the bound field (hope I'm saying this right). I want to display the code's meaning rather than its value. I know a combo box would do it, and I'll use one if I have to, but I only want to display the meaning, whereas a combo box is for picking a value. Thanks, OldBlindPew Not sure how you're using the term "meaning"... Are you saying you have a table somewhere that has a couple of fields, a code and a "meaning" (is that the same as a tit...