MSN Sync and Update

It seems the only time I can get money to update is if I remove my
account from the online service and re-add the account.  The MSN does
not appear to sync at all, but not certain about that.  It does appear
that every time I try and login to Money, the "Review Update Results"
page says, MSN Scynhronization  "Your last call encountered an error:
(date and time here)" and Updates are temporarily unavailable. Please
try again later."

Under the section for a credit card it says that everything is fine.
It appears to be updating just fine.

Under the section for my checking/savings and another credit card (All
from the same facility) says, " Your last call was completed on (DATE
and TIme here which is the last time I manually removed and re-added
my account info.)"  and, " Your account information is being updated,
which may take a few minutes.  If this message appears from more than
finve minutes, try again."

Well, it always take more than a few minutes, in fact it never works.
The error code on the MSN Status page is a zero, which means all is
fine.  What the heck is the problem!!

Thanks!

Mike Alexander
PP-ASEL
Temecula, CA
See my online aerial photo album at
http://flying.4alexanders.com
0
yeah.right (32)
9/13/2005 12:53:20 AM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Three possibilities come to mind:
1. Problem with the data associated to a specific Passport. Try creating a
new Passport and try associating your file with this new Passport to see if
it syncs without error.
2. Problem with the data file. Try creating a new Money data file and link
it with your Passport and sync (telling Money to use the data in the new
file.
3. Problem communicating with the MSN Money servers. This could be on your
end due to restrictions on your anti-virus or firewall or it may be some
temporary problem with the actual servers (but if that were the case, I'd
expect to see many more complaints)

-Mark

"Mike 'Flyin'8'" <yeah.right@guess.again> wrote in message
> It seems the only time I can get money to update is if I remove my
> account from the online service and re-add the account.  The MSN does
> not appear to sync at all, but not certain about that.  It does appear
> that every time I try and login to Money, the "Review Update Results"
> page says, MSN Scynhronization  "Your last call encountered an error:
> (date and time here)" and Updates are temporarily unavailable. Please
> try again later."
>
> Under the section for a credit card it says that everything is fine.
> It appears to be updating just fine.
>
> Under the section for my checking/savings and another credit card (All
> from the same facility) says, " Your last call was completed on (DATE
> and TIme here which is the last time I manually removed and re-added
> my account info.)"  and, " Your account information is being updated,
> which may take a few minutes.  If this message appears from more than
> finve minutes, try again."
>
> Well, it always take more than a few minutes, in fact it never works.
> The error code on the MSN Status page is a zero, which means all is
> fine.  What the heck is the problem!!
>
> Thanks!
>
> Mike Alexander
> PP-ASEL
> Temecula, CA
> See my online aerial photo album at
> http://flying.4alexanders.com

0
abcd7779 (838)
9/13/2005 3:38:34 PM
I created a new passport... how do I import the data from my previous
passport account into a new passport account? (in Money of course)

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 08:38:34 -0700, "Mark" <abcd@abcd.com> wrote:

>Three possibilities come to mind:
>1. Problem with the data associated to a specific Passport. Try creating a
>new Passport and try associating your file with this new Passport to see if
>it syncs without error.
>2. Problem with the data file. Try creating a new Money data file and link
>it with your Passport and sync (telling Money to use the data in the new
>file.
>3. Problem communicating with the MSN Money servers. This could be on your
>end due to restrictions on your anti-virus or firewall or it may be some
>temporary problem with the actual servers (but if that were the case, I'd
>expect to see many more complaints)
>
>-Mark

Mike Alexander
PP-ASEL
Temecula, CA
See my online aerial photo album at
http://flying.4alexanders.com
0
yeah.right (32)
9/14/2005 3:08:45 AM
Speaking of guessing: I'd guess you'd sync the local Money file with the web
with the old Passport, disassociate the old Passport from the local Money
file, associate the new Passport with the local Money file, sync the local
Money file with the web using the new Passport.

> I created a new passport... how do I import the data from my previous
> passport account into a new passport account? (in Money of course)

Remote sync
Is there a software out there that I can use to either remote sync my Outlook contact and calendar from my office to my home pc, or remotely update the calendar to my home pc without connecting to an exchange server. I have a standalone desktop running xp and connecting to a cable modem at home and I want to update my outlook calendar and contact from the office(T1 line). I will buy any device that will do the job. Ipaq, Palm or AT&T blackberry 7210 or anything works. If there is no software to do this, is it possible to do it with any other solution. Any suggestion will be very greatly a...

Will online updates expire sometime with my Money 2005?
I've seen this mentioned in other threads but I am not sure how it applies to my situation. I'm running Money 2005 and do on line updates of just one credit card account directly from the web site while running Money (no microsoft passport used, no Yodlee). Will Money stop downloading this at some date in the future? TIA Jim Read the EULA - that will tell you about "cessation of on-line services" (or similar words). If all the rumours are right ALL downloads will be stopped. You will only be allowed to type in data. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For U...

Is MSN Billpay staying alive?
I understand that Microsoft is discontinuing MS Money. I have been using MSN Billpay for years to pay my bills via the web. Does anyone know if Microsoft will continue the MSN Billpay or is this going down the tubes also? I know of many Quicken users (including myself) who are using MSN Billpay. Thanks in advance... Fred They stated that MSN Money will continue. "The MSN Money Web site will continue to provide personal finance information and advice plus comprehensive market news and quotes. We will continue to evolve and enhance the online MSN offering in the coming month...

Update broke my Outlook 2007
After installing the security updates today, my Outlook no longer worked. It prompted to run Outlook and make it the default mail client. -- Sam Do you get any error message? Patrick Schmid -------------- http://pschmid.net "Sam Steinhauser" <SamSteinhauser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74A9698F-2050-46A7-B967-481123359A84@microsoft.com: > After installing the security updates today, my Outlook no longer worked. It > prompted to run Outlook and make it the default mail client. > -- > Sam "Sam Steinhauser" <SamSteinhauser@dis...

How can I get into my old msn.com email account?
On Fri, 1 Feb 2008 14:56:21 -0500, "Larry Kendrick" <LEKENDRICK@windowsmail.com> wrote: Microsoft Access database program, the topic of this newsgroup, isn't going to help you with that. Try to find a more appropriate newsgroup. -Tom. ...

Update back-end tables, fields, relationships etc...
I am looking for some examples of code or links to code examples to update a back-end database appropriately so it works with the next version of the front-end. Both dbs are Access2007, Example: I have a table tblPreference in the back-end that has a versionNumber field and is set to "1.0". If my latest "2.0" front-end is opened I want it to detect the OLD version 1.0 back-end and run the code to update the back-end to "2.0" and then change the version number. Things I need done include: - adding fields to existing tables - deleting fields from ...

INTERNET UPDATES #5
I used to update my bank accounts by selecting "Tools-Internet Update-Update Now," but now when I try to make an internet update, there is only the option to update stocks and fund... . What happened to my bank accounts? Can someone help me, please? E Viera In microsoft.public.money, Viera wrote: >I used to update my bank accounts by selecting "Tools-Internet Update-Update >Now," but now when I try to make an internet update, there is only the option >to update stocks and fund... . What happened to my bank accounts? > >Can someone help me, please? W...

Online updates don't work. Money needs exchange rate
I have MS money 2005 and my online updates have been working great for about a year now. Recently online updates stopped working. I get no error I only get a message that says "Money needs an exchange rate for currency is one or more accounts." The only thing is I have not changed anything and all my accounts are in US dollars. I can run just the Quotes and exchange rates update and that works but my other accounts will still not update because they keep saying the need an exchange rate. Has anyone seen this or know how to fix it? In microsoft.public.money, Todd wrote: >...

msn
sorry how do i get in to my msn live i can not get it to open to talk This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_008A_01CADFEC.2AF25180 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable my msn is a web page Msn Messenger is now Windows Live Messenger Web Messenger is a services available via the web interface, most acces = via Hotmail(mail.live.com).. --=20 ...winston ms-mvp mail "barbara" <barbara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:7C6243E8-0C30-4CB1-8E6F-5A3C...

How do I set up Outlook to sync to Mobile Me?
I am trying to keep 2 PCs and and iPhone synced (mainly contacts and calendars) with Apple's Mobile Me. Everytime Outlook tries to sync (every few minutes), I get several error messages. I have checked for updates to Outlook and I am up to date. -Jim Since the error messages are likely the key to the problem, please post them exactly as they appear (in their entirety). "Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B6F0F5C0-D461-45B8-821A-5BF63EB97751@microsoft.com... > I am trying to keep 2 PCs and and iPhone synced (mainly contacts and ...

How to import MSN messenger contacts to Outlook 2003?
Can I import MSN messenger contacts to Outlook 2003? Also can they be imported to BCM? TIA, Chad Harris I meant to add that i have a .NET passport for gmail, and i use it on MSN messenger. i now have that gmail account syncronised with outlook 2003 and i heard that i could use my MSN messenger contacts list with outlook 2003 and my list would do interesting things like tell me who's online and stuff like that. anyone know how to do that? Tia, Chad Harris _______________________________________________ "Chad Harris" <ddram32_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message n...

Money 2004 Upgrade with Every Internet Update? Normal?
Am I the only one that gets a Money 2004 upgrade with every internet update? This started about a week ago. I install each one. Something that tells Money it has been upgraded must not be getting updated on your machine. I haven't been getting any upgrades and I update frequently. -- Chris Cowles, Gainesville, FL "Bill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50cd01c473f7$66075750$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Am I the only one that gets a Money 2004 upgrade with > every internet update? This started about a week ago. I > install each one. ...

OneNote 2010 Syncing
So I've had a huge headache trying to sync a preexisting onenote notebook on my tablet to a desktop (and have the version stored on the desktop be the main version) ... here is the info for anyone else: I tried at first to share my tablet's onenote notebook by: share->share this notebook 2.)share on: NETWORK and 3. Network Location: a path on the desktop (it was a shared folder with all the right permissions) THIS DID NOT WORK. some of the various errors: user-mapped section open some sections could not be synced onenote cannot access the notebook cache file ...

update query 04-17-07
Hi When I run an update query via a code, it does not update. When I debug.print the sql and copy it to a query and run the query it works. What am I missing here? Many thanks in advance for any help. Richard Hi Richard, can you post your code? Jon "Richard" <richardbee@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OGybEPLgHHA.3412@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi > > When I run an update query via a code, it does not update. When I > debug.print the sql and copy it to a query and run the query it works. > > What am I missing here? > > Many thanks in advance ...

My MSN Sign Out
Everytime I log in to MS Money it signs me out of My MSN Homepage. How do I get this to stop? Thanks! >-----Original Message----- >Everytime I log in to MS Money it signs me out of My MSN >Homepage. How do I get this to stop? Thanks! >. > I am having this problem as well. If I open Money and use the logon feature, whern I open internet explorer to www.mymsn.com, I have to sign back in and even my address has been altered (removes the @hotmail.com). Any ideas? You can't. It;s a known issue. -- ------------------------------------------- Joe Guidera jguidera@...

Never Ending Sync
I'm using the latest build ending 0726. Here's the issue I'm facing: Every once in a while, while syncing (send / receive) the number of messages count keeps going up (to thousands) and does not stop even though Windows Live Mail is actually not downloading any messages. I have verified this in every folder including Quick View and know for sure since I don't actually have that many messages in my mailbox on the server. This goes on non-stop till manually stopped. If I click Sync again, it correctly receives new messages and stops but then the bug repeats again ...

How to Update stock quotes??
I stupidly set up a stock investment (with dividend reinvestment) as a "cash account"many years ago, and have been updating it as I get statements. I can't figure out how to change it to an "investment account", so that it will update as the price changes daily. I have another account that I set up right, and it works great. Anyone help?? Thanx. So how did you do "Buys" and "Sells" and so forth along the way? Assuming that you just have this cash account balancing to the value of the investment, the shortest solution is to create an Investm...

Unable to update using Update Now functionality
I have been unable for the past week to update my account. Before that everything was working fine. Every day we'd update and i'd get the latest transactions. Now, this is what occurs: 1. I click update. 2. It goes through updating quotes & other web info. 3. It goes to Processing Service Updates, then fails and says "Update Not Complete" with an ok box. 4. If i click learn more it takes me to the view update results. 5. In update results I see under msn money syncrhonization: Your last call encountered an error: [TIME] Updates are temporarily unavailable. Please try ...

SFO Contact Syncing w/OL Contacts Folder...
It would be great if there were more control over what contacts get sync'd and where they get sync'd to. Right now we have 5,000+ contacts in CRM. Some users of SFO have all 5,000, some have none, some have only the ones they own, and some have some for no apparent reason at all. Hotfixes and rollups have all been applied to all users, before we sync'd yet we get mixed results all the way around. In MS Outlook go to Menus CRM > Local Data This uses the Advanced Screen and you can apply in sync filter you would like. "John BTV" wrote: > It would be great i...

MSN Stock Quotes help
I am trying to do something that I assume is relatively simple. Using Excel 2000, I want to import **ONLY** the "Last Quote" stock quote for a particular symbol. I have tried the "Data | Get External Data | Run Saved Query" function, using Excel's built-in query for retrieving staok quote data from MSN website. However, this function returns the entire detailed quote tables with all sorts of info that I do not need. Does anyone know how I go about importing only the "Last Quote" data and nothing else? TIA. David G- In xl2002, you may edit the q...

Updating source data links
Hi all, I'm having a small (major) issue with editing my links from graphs and data when moving the file of the original source. I'm rearranging my drive as it's just turned into a bit of a mess and I'm looking to just start over with new folders etc.. However I'm going to become unstuck when moving some of these files as I have thousands of charts and data that will be affected if I move the source data. ie. Analysis/UPG/March2010/Meeting to Reporting/March2010/Output I've read around and seen the option of edit > links but this isn't enti...

msn
não funciona neste noot, mas da minha esposa sim ; poque ? ...

FWD: Install these important update
--rhkieagkvokbnxwgz Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="vendbecnuymre"; type="multipart/alternative" --vendbecnuymre Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="zfazayaerdybtg" --zfazayaerdybtg Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to protect your computer from these vulnerabi...

Supplier is not updating at store level for Matrix item
Hello, My client created a new matrix item, pushed it down to the store by running Wksheet 260 however when you look up the item, the root item number, aka Matrix, doesn't have a supplier showing When you create a PO for the item you can't do it by Matrix since there is no supplier. You have to select each component item separately and add to PO. She is running RMS 2.0.0116, for 2 stores and 2 HQ license. Thanks, ================ Thanks, Shawn Ezhaghi Vitet Consulting Group Ltd. 646-706-7600 xt: 101 "Not just consultants but retailers too." This is a multi-part m...

Jibberish when I sync Outlook with Palm
Outlook 2003, Paln Tunston e When I sync new apptiontments with Out look & my palm I will frequently get jibberish characters (such as: ##@@E@@@@@@@@@@@@@@) in the large box at the bottom of the Outlook appointment screen. Any ideas why? -- Thanks in advance... Bob Bob Newman wrote: > Outlook 2003, Paln Tunston e > > When I sync new apptiontments with Out look & my palm I will > frequently get jibberish characters (such as: ##@@E@@@@@@@@@@@@@@) in > the large box at the bottom of the Outlook appointment screen. Any > ideas why? What software are you using to sy...