MSN Money development direction

I had configured my MSN subscription (gotten for kids and parental
controls) to use MSN Money Plus. It looked in the past like MS was trying
to steer users toward a web subscription model. The announcement quoted
below suggests the opposite.
--
Chris Cowles
Gainesville, FL

========
"After June 28, 2006, significant changes will be made to your access to
data on this website.

"If you are an MSN Money Plus user: MSN Money Plus will be discontinued on
June 28, 2006. You will still be able to view your accounts and pay bills
through MSN Bill Pay on http://moneycentral.msn.com, but your budget,
spending, and bills to-do list will no longer be available. To track the
information that you used to track in MSN Money Plus, try a free 90-day
trial of Microsoft Money Deluxe here (link).

"If you are a Microsoft Money user: All of your information will continue
to be available on your local computer. On this website, you will still be
able to view your accounts and pay bills through MSN Bill Pay. You will no
longer be able to edit your account data or view your spending and budget
data."

0
spam_magnet (1210)
5/29/2006 3:28:18 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Chris,

Thanks for the heads up!

For additional info, try the following link:

http://help.msn.com/help.aspx?project=msnev91&market=en-us&querytype=keyword&query=tuo_esahp_sulpyenom

Regards,
JB

Chris Cowles wrote:
> I had configured my MSN subscription (gotten for kids and parental
> controls) to use MSN Money Plus. It looked in the past like MS was trying
> to steer users toward a web subscription model. The announcement quoted
> below suggests the opposite.
> --
> Chris Cowles
> Gainesville, FL
>
> ========
> "After June 28, 2006, significant changes will be made to your access to
> data on this website.
>
> "If you are an MSN Money Plus user: MSN Money Plus will be discontinued on
> June 28, 2006. You will still be able to view your accounts and pay bills
> through MSN Bill Pay on http://moneycentral.msn.com, but your budget,
> spending, and bills to-do list will no longer be available. To track the
> information that you used to track in MSN Money Plus, try a free 90-day
> trial of Microsoft Money Deluxe here (link).
>
> "If you are a Microsoft Money user: All of your information will continue
> to be available on your local computer. On this website, you will still be
> able to view your accounts and pay bills through MSN Bill Pay. You will no
> longer be able to edit your account data or view your spending and budget
> data."

0
johnbusc (409)
5/29/2006 3:59:50 PM
That's one possible way to view this.

Another might be that it's part of decoupling MSN Subscription from
unbundled services provided under the MSN family without regard to how you
get on the net. Surely, where they to roll out a PFM service, they would want
to do so in a way that it would appeal to the broadest set of users and not
sound or seem coupled to being an MSN subscriber. I think they've given up on
MSN being the AOL+Earthlink+... world-dominating value-added ISP.

Time will tell what they are really up to. There is a lot of noise and very
little signal.

I do find it hard to imagine that they've given up on the push to "monetize
the relationship". The trend toward everybody figuring out how to get you
somehow wedded to something that is consumable or a service so that they can
turn what has been a series of one-time purchases into a monthly pipeline
into your wallet seems pretty pervasive.

"Chris Cowles" wrote:

> I had configured my MSN subscription (gotten for kids and parental
> controls) to use MSN Money Plus. It looked in the past like MS was trying
> to steer users toward a web subscription model. The announcement quoted
> below suggests the opposite.
> --
> Chris Cowles
> Gainesville, FL
>
> ========
> "After June 28, 2006, significant changes will be made to your access to
> data on this website.
>
> "If you are an MSN Money Plus user: MSN Money Plus will be discontinued on
> June 28, 2006. You will still be able to view your accounts and pay bills
> through MSN Bill Pay on http://moneycentral.msn.com, but your budget,
> spending, and bills to-do list will no longer be available. To track the
> information that you used to track in MSN Money Plus, try a free 90-day
> trial of Microsoft Money Deluxe here (link).
>
> "If you are a Microsoft Money user: All of your information will continue
> to be available on your local computer. On this website, you will still be
> able to view your accounts and pay bills through MSN Bill Pay. You will no
> longer be able to edit your account data or view your spending and budget
> data."
We all vote with our pocket books, pocket books, ...

Sung to the Beetles tune, Yellow Submarine.

They could improve by firing their marketing department and starting
over.  Perhaps hire the AOL gang?  Yeh, really smart cookies over
there.

arthur
==

On Mon, 29 May 2006 10:08:01 -0700, Dick Watson
<littlegreengecko@mind-enufalready-spring.com> wrote:
>I do find it hard to imagine that they've given up on the push to "monetize
>the relationship". The trend toward everybody figuring out how to get you
>somehow wedded to something that is consumable or a service so that they can
>turn what has been a series of one-time purchases into a monthly pipeline
>into your wallet seems pretty pervasive.

Send free sms & save money.
Send free sms & save money. Sending bulk free sms can be highly useful in your business and earning. You can send free bulk sms using bulk sms gateways. You can also use this facility in sending greetings to your friends. http://free-bulk-sms-message-gateways.blogspot.com/ ...

Does any MS Money version include tracking vehicle fuel usage deta
My previous personal finance tracking software automatically requested mileage/odometer reading and amount of fuel and could report quickly and easily on consumption per vehicle. It boggles my mind that this simple add-on is not available on such an established personal finance package, so I assume the version I am trialing is just missing it, and it can't be a complete oversight from MS. Please could someone let me know if any version of MS money includes this facility, and if none, what other personal finance software does? =?Utf-8?B?QmFycnk=?= <Barry@discussions.microsoft.co...

Money won't start
Yesterday when I tried to start MM, I got the following: "Microsoft Money has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I tried to reinstall, no luck. Uninstalled the whole thing and reinstalled, no go. Why would I get that msg? How might get things up and running again? In microsoft.public.money, Larry wrote: >Yesterday when I tried to start MM, I got the following: >"Microsoft Money has encountered a problem and needs to >close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." >I tried to reinstall, no luck. Uninstalled th...

Convert access into other developer program
I have developed dictionary in Microsoft Access. I want to make this Dict in C++ or Visual Basic Does anybody have search engine source who can send to me. Thanks very much ...

Money Deluxe 2004 trial upgrade problems
I downloaded the trial for deluxe a couple of months ago and recently, through money, upgraded to the real version for $42.50. They gave me a number which i stupidly didn't write down. Then something downloaded onto my computer and the "trial version" seemed to go away. The very next day I go to it and it says "trial version" again. My questions are: 1. Will i be sent a cd of money in the mail soon? 2. Do i need to use that number to do something with the program to make it better again? 3. Can i ever be sent that number again? PLEASE somebody HELP ME, Ple...

Cannot change bank access password in Money 2006
My bank changed password schemes which required me to change my password at that institution. When I attempt to change the password in Money 2006, it will not accept the change, always reverting to the original password. I have previewed as many existing discussion threads and cannot find solution. Any help is greatly appreciated. I have Money 2005 and have the same problem. Did you ever get a fix for this? "JimB" wrote: > My bank changed password schemes which required me to change my password at > that institution. When I attempt to change the password in Money 2...

Money 2005: Fidelity: Capital gains distribution appears as divide
Hello, When I receive a capital gains distribution on a mututal fund on my fidelity account Microsoft money shows this in the account register and in the Portfolio as dividend. I do not have this problem with Etrade for example. Also it seems that Dividends from Fidelity sometimes come in later than the reinvestment-purchase and this causes Moeny to "add shares" which after the Dividend is registered leads to a "remove" shares so the total number of shares is equal with the number on the account. However that leads to confusion in the Portfolio manager which then ...

How to prevent Money from rounding off the numbers?
Hello, Is it possible to prevent MS Money from rounding off the numbers to the right of the decimal point? MS Money changes $42.079 to $42.08. Thanks, In microsoft.public.money, George wrote: > >Is it possible to prevent MS Money from rounding off the numbers to the >right of the decimal point? MS Money changes $42.079 to $42.08. Enter the Quantity and the Total. Let Money compute the share price. However if you want to enter a Total of $42.079, Money is not going to let you. "Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message news:fc5300h2umej...

How do I track montly paycheck advances in Money?
Let's say I make 5,000 in gross earnings a month. My company's electronic paystub only breaks out the taxes and deductions on the monthly earnings, including 401k transfers, which are made on the last day of each month. The paystub shows the payment to my checking account made on the 15th of each month as an "advance", and only shows the net amount. I've been only tracking net pay in Money for a few years now, but I'd like to know of a way to track all the taxes and 401k transfers as well. The only way I can think of doing it is to input the paycheck for ...

Money 2005 dropped custom currency
I cannot load Money 2005 because it tells me Money no longer supports custom currency. I'm assigned to the US Embassy in Damascus, Syria, and had to use custom currency in Money 2004 to work with Syrian Pounds, my local currency. Is there a patch to re-add custom currency (Doubt it!) If not, I just wasted my money on...Money. (Good thing I made plenty of backups and still have Money 2004!) Stephen E. Wilson Damascus, Syria I had the same problem. I had created UAE Dhiram as a custom currency. When Money2005 converted the file, It asked me to select a currency instead of UAE ...

New app, old developer
Wow. Got called by a company ready to move from spreadsheets to Access :) What is the currently preferred app dev for SQL/Access convercing versions? I'm thinking SQL 2005 Express and Access 2003 (unless the connectivity with Access 2007 is recolved...I honestly have no idea). Non-Access FE is not on the table for two reasons: 1. Its all I know as a SQL Server guy.... 2. They know it well enough to make tweaks on their own without paying my rate Just polling the group to see where you would go on this. Thanks! -- Kevin3NF SQL Server dude You want fries with that? http://kevin...

Money 2004 Not Seeing Retirement Accounts
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C4D7F2.ED9FD930 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have MS$ 2004 Deluxe and have set up multiple retirement accounts to = track. I initially set up the accounts under the Account List setup = wizard. I went through the process of setting up the retirement accounts = (selecting that it is a retirement account, 401k/403b, setting up the = funds in the account, etc.). Later on I went a set up the Lifetime = Planner.=20 The Lifetime Planner does not see t...

COLUMNS DIRECTION
Hi, i've been working on excell in hebrew. Now that i want it in english, i cannot set the columns to start from the left to the right. How should i do? Thanks for replying, it gets me mad... Tools, Options, International, Right-to-Left. -- Jim "Cape Horn" <Cape Horn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65138E90-4B81-40E8-BFA7-4E2B30C69151@microsoft.com... | Hi, i've been working on excell in hebrew. Now that i want it in english, i | cannot set the columns to start from the left to the right. | How should i do? | | Thanks for replying, it gets me mad...

Money 2005 #28
I recently lost my hard drive, including my pc money file. I tryed to sync a new file with my pocket money database. ActiveSync gives an error message, saying a pocketpc file can only be sync with one pc file, and asks if I want to reset the mapping. Till then, all ok, but when I resync after the remapping, the only flow of info is from the PC to the PocketPC. Is there any way to transfer the information from the PocketPC database to a PC money file? ...

Money 2003 Reports
I am just now getting into the reports feature in money, been a long time user but have not had much of a use for them till now. Got new house, budget tight. When running a simple "income/expense report" or "where my money is going", i noticed something that really concerns me and i am now thinking i cant trust the reports at all. My mortgage payment just doesnt show up. My mortgage is setup as a loan,i have it in my regular reoccuring bills, it doesnt show up under "transfers" either. Below is a sample copy of what im getting, any help anyone, have checked eve...

HELP! Money won't open
I added a lot of data to an existing file earlier today. This evening, the file crashed right after PW entry, twice. Thinking corruption, I restored the backup from earlier today. Same result. I can't get at my data, which leaves me in panic mode. Suggestions most welcome! In microsoft.public.money, Roff Johannson wrote: >I added a lot of data to an existing file earlier today. This evening, the >file crashed right after PW entry, twice. Thinking corruption, I restored >the backup from earlier today. Same result. I can't get at my data, which >leaves me i...

Non-MSN billpay in Money 2006?
One reason I upgraded from 2005 to 2006 (and it wasn't easy) was that 2006 is supposed to allow me to continue using my bank's online bill paying service through Money 2006. I took this to mean that I would enter the payment in Money 2006, click a button, and Money would send the payment info to my bank. Well, so far it doesn't seem to work that way. Having just gotten out of the death grip of CheckFree I'm not inclined to use MSN Billpaying service. Has anyone gotten this supposed "feature" of Money 2006 to work properly? thanks-- It certainly works wit...

Money Plus Still Works
We have been with Money for a long, long time and found it quite satisfactory. However, as each version came out, it got bulkier and slower but we hung in there. Now our online access has been gone for several weeks, but it still works OK. We miss the online features, but did not use the Bank downloads as our Bank is online with our accounts so we did not need that. Our primary use was in managing our daily finances and keeping track of income tax transactions, and that still functions. If Microsoft is listening, we would be interested in purchasing a reasonably priced online acces...

Essbase Developer v11
Opportunity: Essbase Developer v11 Many of the candidates that I have coming forward have only Hyperion Financial Planning / Reporting experience. Relative to v11 experience, they=92ve been using the upgrade tool. This leaves them with a large gap compared to truly developing and optimizing their own, custom developed cubes. Similarly, their Studio experience is frequently limited to deploying the cubes rather than truly designing and optimizing the cubes. So cube development or optimizing experience is a MUST. If you have anyone else with the above details. Please le...

Money 2000 Security Problem
After having to repair my Windows 2000 Pro operating system, Money 2002 will not work. I get the following message: Money cannot run because your system is unable to encrypt data at the required level. To fIx this connect to the Internet and download the latest security upgrade form: http://www.microsoft.com/money/security. I have IE6.2 with 128-bit encryption so the web site doesn't allow me to download any security updates. Moreover, since I can't open Money I can't get the Product ID to het Microsft support. Any suggestions. Bill, What is IE6.2? Could you post back wi...

Integration Support for Developers
To all the integrators out there who are programming connectors (using the SDK or not) for CRM, what support tools are you using besides this newsgroup and the SDK itself? I feel there's a serious lack of support information out there. I'm wondering if there's anyone else who would like to see a CRM newsgroup for integrators - as this newgroups is almost entirely dedicated to general questions. Cheers, Anil I agree! This newsgroup and the SDK itself are also my only 2 sources of information. Cheers, Fred "Anil" <anil@doesntwork_anti_spam.com> wrote in mess...

FYI
I just opened M2006 and I got a pop up page: You have been randomly selected to participate in the MSN Money Preview, a sneak peek at the upcoming release of MSN Money. We're putting the finishing touches on the new site, and we need your feedback. I declined - just an FYI On Thu, 2 Nov 2006 18:46:29 -0500, "- Bobb -" <bobb@noemail.123> wrote: >I just opened M2006 and I got a pop up page: > >You have been randomly selected to participate in the MSN Money Preview, >a sneak peek at the upcoming release of MSN Money. We're putting the >finishing t...

money 2001 stopped working in vista
I have been using vista for about 4 months. installed money 2001 and had no problems for about 3 months. now it won't open or do anything. i've tried every suggestion i can find. reinstall, run as admin., compatibility mode, etc., but nothing works. whenever money is attempted to be opened, it thinks briefly and then just stops. nothing. no error messages or anything. money 2001 has worked fine for me and i really don't want to upgrade. any help would be much appreciated. I'm having exactly the same problem. Have uninstalled and reinstalled several times, with no suc...

Money 2004 Online Services expired
I bougtht Money 2004 Deluxe a few years back. Never used it until recently. Last night I updated the software (not transactions, etc) and upon reboot, I could no longer use the Update Prices feature that fetches securities prices automatically. Did some research and looked like it was because 2004's Online Services would have ended on 9/1/2007. Apparently that software update triggered this. Money website says if this happens, upgrade to the current version of Money. However is there anyway that I just pay for the Online Services without upgrading to Money 2008? Thanks for your ...

Microsoft Money or Quicken Premier
Does MS Money handle Call and Put Options OK. I'm using Quicken now but it seems to have problems handling calls. Anybody move from Quicken to Money, how do you like it. Thank you I've been using Money for the last few years, and it does handle options pretty well. However, I've found that it is more reliable if you manually enter the option information (symbol, underlying, strike, etc), before doing a download from the brokerage. Letting the download create the option sometimes results in an option that is not tracked in the CapGains reports (at least in Money 2004, 5, ...