MSN Bill Pay Upgrade

After the Bill Pay Upgrade, when I sync'd, the account which WAS associated
to MSN Bill Pay PRIOR to the upgrade is NO LONGER my payment account. My
checking account bank does not offer online services, so shouldn't I still be
able to associate the same account to my bill pay service after the upgrade?
I've tried to "manually merge" my checking with the newly created payment
account, but receive an error that the file is "corrupt" upon trying to
import the file I exported for the checking account. Will I really need 2
accounts to make this work? I've seen some "xfer from checking to your
payment account" solutions, but doesn't that mean I would have to have the
payment account in my "bills" section of Money and then "manually" transfer
money from checking to the payment account to balance. Doesn't sound too
automated - unless I'm missing something.......
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

"John Wright" wrote:

> I've tried to "manually merge" my checking with the newly created payment
> account, but receive an error that the file is "corrupt" upon trying to
> import the file I exported for the checking account.

Is the export/import routine your manual merge?  If so, have you tried
merging the accounts from Account List/Other tasks (left pane)/Merge
duplicate accounts?

> ...doesn't that mean I would have to have the
> payment account in my "bills" section of Money and then "manually" transfer
> money from checking to the payment account to balance. Doesn't sound too
> automated - unless I'm missing something.......

Paying from the payment account and balancing through transfer from checking
is a workable solution.  Just setup the transfer to automatically enter in
register to save steps.

Keeping the payment account and checking separate can also help if, in the
future, your bank does offer their own bill pay.  You'd have the choice of
paying electronically from the payment account or checking.

Regards,
JB
0
JB (195)
11/27/2005 5:23:01 PM
1) Import/Export is the manual way to merge - especially since the "merge
duplicate accounts" listing does not show my Checking nor the newly created
payment account.

2) Since my monthly bills are not always the same amount, I wouldn't be able
to completely automate the process? Wouldn't I have to make payments from the
payment account, and then update the auto-transfer amount for the amount of
the bills being paid? Am I still missing something? Seems to be "double"
work. If I wanted to do double work, I'd use my own banks free online banking
even though they are not an integrated banking system with ms money. The
simplicity prior to the upgrade was why I was willing to pay for msn bill
pay. If this is the "new way" of using their service after the upgrade, I'll
probably cancel the subscription and use my bank's free version instead.

"JB" wrote:

> "John Wright" wrote:
>
> > I've tried to "manually merge" my checking with the newly created payment
> > account, but receive an error that the file is "corrupt" upon trying to
> > import the file I exported for the checking account.
>
> Is the export/import routine your manual merge?  If so, have you tried
> merging the accounts from Account List/Other tasks (left pane)/Merge
> duplicate accounts?
>
> > ...doesn't that mean I would have to have the
> > payment account in my "bills" section of Money and then "manually" transfer
> > money from checking to the payment account to balance. Doesn't sound too
> > automated - unless I'm missing something.......
>
> Paying from the payment account and balancing through transfer from checking
> is a workable solution.  Just setup the transfer to automatically enter in
> register to save steps.
>
> Keeping the payment account and checking separate can also help if, in the
> future, your bank does offer their own bill pay.  You'd have the choice of
> paying electronically from the payment account or checking.
>
> Regards,
> JB

Bill of Materials Import
I'm having trouble import Bills of Materials. Can someone provide me with sample files or any advice? Thank you! Are you importing manufacturing BOMs or inventory BOMs? I've done integrations for manufacturing BOMs using the direct to table adapter. I've also got a doc from MBS on importing manufacturing BOMs to 8.0. If you'll e-mail me (jim.harris@turbochf.com) I'll forward that to you. -- Jim@TurboChef "Elaine" wrote: > I'm having trouble import Bills of Materials. Can someone provide me with > sample files or any advice? > > Tha...

Is MSN Billpay staying alive?
I understand that Microsoft is discontinuing MS Money. I have been using MSN Billpay for years to pay my bills via the web. Does anyone know if Microsoft will continue the MSN Billpay or is this going down the tubes also? I know of many Quicken users (including myself) who are using MSN Billpay. Thanks in advance... Fred They stated that MSN Money will continue. "The MSN Money Web site will continue to provide personal finance information and advice plus comprehensive market news and quotes. We will continue to evolve and enhance the online MSN offering in the coming month...

How can I get into my old msn.com email account?
On Fri, 1 Feb 2008 14:56:21 -0500, "Larry Kendrick" <LEKENDRICK@windowsmail.com> wrote: Microsoft Access database program, the topic of this newsgroup, isn't going to help you with that. Try to find a more appropriate newsgroup. -Tom. ...

9.0 Upgrade Error
Hello, I have installed GP 9.0 on the server and am attempting to log into GP Utilities. First it runs a "Validating Product Version Information" and I am receiving the following error: Field Service: Unable to get extended version information for product 949 I have scoured knowledgebase with no luck and I have tried a few things. The only thing that eliminates the error is reinstalling the Field Service module, however, this wipes out my data. And when I restore from a backup, the error reappears. Any suggestions? Ideas? Thanks, -- David Hatfield Microsoft Certified...

Unable to save edits to Recurring Bills
It seems that when trying to make a change to any recurring Bill that uses the "Estimate amount based on last numver of instances". I am unable to save the changes to the transaction. I have tried deleting and redoing the transaction altogether and still once I use that function and save it the first time no subsequent changes will save... Any thoughts... Can you reproduce this issue in a new file? I am unable to get it to stop accepting my changes, but it's possible that I'm using different steps. If you cannot reproduce this using the same steps, it may be cor...

Money 2006 Upgrade
After upgrading to Mny 2006 (from 2005), updated bank transactions are no longer appearing in my statements (although the update message indicates all calls were successful). Can anyone help? In microsoft.public.money, MFret wrote: >After upgrading to Mny 2006 (from 2005), updated bank transactions are no >longer appearing in my statements (although the update message indicates all >calls were successful). Can anyone help? In Internet Explorer, I would delete your browser temporary files with Tools->InternetOptions->DeleteFiles. Then in Money do File->RepairMoneyFil...

some MS Money problems that have kept me from upgrading
I currently have MS Money 2000. I've purchased Money 2004, but switched back to 2000 because I didn't feel that much was improved. As I'm investigating Money 2007, there are still features missing that I believe it should have. 1) the ability to set up bimonthly payments for mortgages, auto loans, credit cards, etc. Paying bi-monthly can drastically reduce the interest paid over the life of a loan. 2) an easy-to-use balance transfer/consolidation simulator. it would be great to simulate projected savings and effective interest rates when considering balance transfer senario...

msn
sorry how do i get in to my msn live i can not get it to open to talk This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_008A_01CADFEC.2AF25180 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable my msn is a web page Msn Messenger is now Windows Live Messenger Web Messenger is a services available via the web interface, most acces = via Hotmail(mail.live.com).. --=20 ...winston ms-mvp mail "barbara" <barbara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:7C6243E8-0C30-4CB1-8E6F-5A3C...

Hour's pay calculations
I have read a few of the answers in some other posts and I'm almos afraid to ask my questions because I might not understand the response Nevertheless, I am going to try. I am paid by the hour where I work. The hourly pay is not consisten but based on what day and time of day I work. For example; For the sake of the argument (pun intended though probably no understood), let us say the following values apply; $15 an hour from 08:00 to 13:00 $21 from 13:00 - 16:00 $26 from 16:00 $30 for all hours beyond the eight (These values vary from day to day within a week but all weeks have th sam...

Automatic Bill Payments
I have several fixed-amount bills where apay is the payment method (using online bill payment through my bank). Those are fine. But Money Help is not very clear about best approach for automating bills with variable amount or bills with fixed amount that are paid by direct debit. I hope someone can tell me if I'm on the right track. The goal is automating every bill if possible. I understand apay as basically pushing payments on automated schedule with fixed amount while direct debit indicates a payee is authorized to automatically debit my account (pull) and it doesn't matter ...

MSN Stock Quotes help
I am trying to do something that I assume is relatively simple. Using Excel 2000, I want to import **ONLY** the "Last Quote" stock quote for a particular symbol. I have tried the "Data | Get External Data | Run Saved Query" function, using Excel's built-in query for retrieving staok quote data from MSN website. However, this function returns the entire detailed quote tables with all sorts of info that I do not need. Does anyone know how I go about importing only the "Last Quote" data and nothing else? TIA. David G- In xl2002, you may edit the q...

Sorting Bills Issue
I am using M$ 2007 Deluxe. When I sort my bills according to the account they are being paid from, I have found that some bills are repeated/duplicated in the list multiple times. All of the instances have the same Due Date, Payment Amount, and Payee. They are also scattered about in the list. When I resort the Bills, by Due Date they show up only once as expected. Has anyone else seen this issue before? - Merg -- Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet. I see strange stuff with Bills sorted by Account as well in M+. As I see this I see t...

Exchange-CRM Router problem after Upgrading 1.0 -> 1.2
While trying to upgrade the Exchange-CRM router I received an error "One of More of the Microsoft CRM Servers is invalid". Thanks to http://tinyurl.com/297vv it turned out, that the .srf mapping in IIS was missing on the CRM server. After adding the missing mapping, installation succeeded on both of our Exchange-Servers (we are in a mixed Exchange 2003/Exchange 2000 environment). Now we're able to send EMail from the CRM system again, but incoming EMails are not processed. Has anyone seen this before? Rainer I have seen the srf problem before. Assuming email is not comin...

My MSN Sign Out
Everytime I log in to MS Money it signs me out of My MSN Homepage. How do I get this to stop? Thanks! >-----Original Message----- >Everytime I log in to MS Money it signs me out of My MSN >Homepage. How do I get this to stop? Thanks! >. > I am having this problem as well. If I open Money and use the logon feature, whern I open internet explorer to www.mymsn.com, I have to sign back in and even my address has been altered (removes the @hotmail.com). Any ideas? You can't. It;s a known issue. -- ------------------------------------------- Joe Guidera jguidera@...

Money 2004 Upgrade with Every Internet Update? Normal?
Am I the only one that gets a Money 2004 upgrade with every internet update? This started about a week ago. I install each one. Something that tells Money it has been upgraded must not be getting updated on your machine. I haven't been getting any upgrades and I update frequently. -- Chris Cowles, Gainesville, FL "Bill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50cd01c473f7$66075750$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Am I the only one that gets a Money 2004 upgrade with > every internet update? This started about a week ago. I > install each one. ...

Custom entity upgrade to 4.0 problem
We upgraded out CRM 3.0 installation to 4.0.We have a bunch of custom entities most of which are functioning fine after the upgrade. One of the entities, though, fails to save in the new version with a non-detailed "Error saving" type message. Any ideas of what we can check? Hi Esther, You could start with checking the event viewer. If that doesnt give any result, then enable the tracing for crm and look in the trace files for any errors. The last resolution would be to start a database profiler trace and see if you can find any useful information in there. Hope this helps, ...

How to import MSN messenger contacts to Outlook 2003?
Can I import MSN messenger contacts to Outlook 2003? Also can they be imported to BCM? TIA, Chad Harris I meant to add that i have a .NET passport for gmail, and i use it on MSN messenger. i now have that gmail account syncronised with outlook 2003 and i heard that i could use my MSN messenger contacts list with outlook 2003 and my list would do interesting things like tell me who's online and stuff like that. anyone know how to do that? Tia, Chad Harris _______________________________________________ "Chad Harris" <ddram32_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message n...

msn
não funciona neste noot, mas da minha esposa sim ; poque ? ...

Automatic bill pay
I bought Quicken, and no longer have on-line access through Money. In Money, I used automatic bill pay (i.e., CheckFree, I presume) to pay my mortgage. * Do I have to call CheckFree to cancel the automatic bill pay? * Does Quicken have a free version of automatic bill pay like Money does? ...

MSN Money stock quotes add-in for excel
I need a link where I can download this aplication (MSN Money stock quotes add-in for excel), I really needed for my investments record. This link thats the one I found on the micrsoft page http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=485FCCD8-9305-4535-B939-3BF0A740A9B1&displaylang=en Does not Work... Please let me know where can I download it. Thanks for your time. Please post in ONLY one group. -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "acapriles" <acapriles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

how to import msn dial up address book to outlook?
I recently got ms outlook professional and can't figure out how to get my msn dial up address book into the outlook program. chriszilla <chriszilla@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I recently got ms outlook professional and can't figure out how to > get my msn dial up address book into the outlook program. In what program do you find the MSN dial-up address book? -- Brian Tillman ...

Money 2004 upgrade to 2005 = crashes
I recently upgraded to Money 2005. The 2004 version was running fine, but now Money 2005 crashes frequently. I've seen no pattern, it just crashes unexpectedly. Today it did it while uploading e-payments. Upon restarting, they appear to have successfully been transferred, but... Is frequent crashing of Money 2005 a known issue? Is there a common issue I can address? Ricardo Hey, I ran into the same problem that you had (i.e. general instability when upgrading). My problems seemed to go away after I uninstalled and then reinstalled. "Ricardo" wrote: > I recently upg...

Making adjustments on MSN Money site
Trouble with adjustment page on MSN Money web site. There is a list of transactions that haven't cleared a year old. I'm assuming all these were transactions made prior to upgrading to 2005. However I'm really scared to delete these files as it may delete them in my finally organized 2005 computer file. When deleting accounts from the web site in the past it has deleted my computer account without asking. I'm assuming it YOdlee also has problems seeing what has cleared on my money computer file also. Is it safe to delete these files? Anyone have problems with deleti...

Why upgrade from XP Pro 64 to Win 7 64
Is there any benefit in upgrading from XP Pro64 o Windows 7 64 please? Does it run significantly faster for example. Cheers Richard -- This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_02C7_01CA807B.E640A750 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable as with all upgrades your mileage may vary. it has the ability to be slightly faster. depends on your configuration. it is more secure for sure. and is on the list of OS to be supported for years compared to xp which = is on the grave list....

upgrading from 2001 canadian edition
How/where can I obtain an upgrade (with upgrade pricing) from money standard 2001 to 2003 or 2004? It seems only the US site has an upgrade price ($20 mail in rebate) ...