msmoney 5.0

Hi,

I did read earlier postings and do realise you're all gonna dislike this
question ;-)

About 6 years ago I bought a PC .. it was pre-installed with msmoney 5.0
A few weeks ago I bought a new PC ... I managed to relocate all needed
programs and files ... except msmoney 5.0   !!!!!

I already found out .. it's not possible to relocate this program ... but
because my husband is dyslectic, and capable to work with this prog. I'm
having a urge to retain ( and being capable to proceed) msmoney 5.0

Is there anyone who can tell me how to get it ??

With lots of excuses

Yas ;-)

0
Mine_Yas (1)
12/6/2004 9:22:14 PM
money 28651 articles. 4 followers. Follow

Have you checked Ebay? This may be hard. Good luck.

"Yasmine" <Mine_Yas@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I did read earlier postings and do realise you're all gonna dislike this
> question ;-)
>
> About 6 years ago I bought a PC .. it was pre-installed with msmoney 5.0
> A few weeks ago I bought a new PC ... I managed to relocate all needed
> programs and files ... except msmoney 5.0   !!!!!
>
> I already found out .. it's not possible to relocate this program ... but
> because my husband is dyslectic, and capable to work with this prog. I'm
> having a urge to retain ( and being capable to proceed) msmoney 5.0
>
> Is there anyone who can tell me how to get it ??
>
> With lots of excuses
>
> Yas ;-)

Hello Dick:
You wrote  on Mon, 6 Dec 2004 18:51:52 -0700:

 DW> This may be hard.

what's surprising, however, is the number of currently selling books about
Money 99 (I believe 5=99)

Another indicative effect is that pretty much all those books teach "fast
and easy", "for dummies", "in 24 hours", "at a glance", etc. This kinda
explains the phenomenon of the essential register, doesn't it :-)

Vadim

0
vrapp (55)
1/19/2005 10:01:39 PM
-----From Money 99 readme file----
ReadMe File for Microsoft Money 99 Version 7.0
		      	     July, 1998

	    (c) Copyright Microsoft Corporation, 1998

-----

Thus I am guessing that Money 97 is Version 5.  Possibly someone in the
group has a copy they can confirm and even sell/give you.

Art

Vadim Rapp wrote:

> Hello Dick:
> You wrote  on Mon, 6 Dec 2004 18:51:52 -0700:
>
> DW> This may be hard.
>
> what's surprising, however, is the number of currently selling books
> about Money 99 (I believe 5=99)
>
> Another indicative effect is that pretty much all those books teach
> "fast and easy", "for dummies", "in 24 hours", "at a glance", etc. This
> kinda explains the phenomenon of the essential register, doesn't it :-)
>
> Vadim

0
art4580 (318)
1/20/2005 2:13:22 AM
1, 2, 3, 4=95, 5=97, 6=98, 7=99, 8=2k, 9=01, 10=02, 11=03, 12=04, 13=???,
14=05.

We sometimes forget that there are a lot of people that really struggle with
these newfangled computer things. At some point, though, that's like people
who struggle with driving. If they aren't willing to go to some trouble and
effort to learn, maybe they should skip it?

"Vadim Rapp" <vrapp@nospam.polyscience.com> wrote in message
> Hello Dick:
> You wrote  on Mon, 6 Dec 2004 18:51:52 -0700:
>
> DW> This may be hard.
>
> what's surprising, however, is the number of currently selling books about
> Money 99 (I believe 5=99)
>
> Another indicative effect is that pretty much all those books teach "fast
> and easy", "for dummies", "in 24 hours", "at a glance", etc. This kinda
> explains the phenomenon of the essential register, doesn't it :-)
>
> Vadim

Hello Dick:
You wrote  on Wed, 19 Jan 2005 19:42:29 -0700:

 DW> We sometimes forget that there are a lot of people that really struggle
 DW> with these newfangled computer things. At some point, though, that's
 DW> like people who struggle with driving. If they aren't willing to go to
 DW> some trouble and effort to learn, maybe they should skip it?

If the car manufacturer is encouraging them to drive no matter what, and
even makes new release of the car without brakes, gears, and even steering
wheel, then the struggle, trouble, and effort become obsolete.

Vadim

0
vrapp (55)
1/26/2005 3:02:37 PM
The need to brake and steer does not.

> Hello Dick:
> You wrote  on Wed, 19 Jan 2005 19:42:29 -0700:
>
>  DW> We sometimes forget that there are a lot of people that really
struggle
>  DW> with these newfangled computer things. At some point, though, that's
>  DW> like people who struggle with driving. If they aren't willing to go
>  DW> some trouble and effort to learn, maybe they should skip it?
>
> If the car manufacturer is encouraging them to drive no matter what, and
> even makes new release of the car without brakes, gears, and even steering
> wheel, then the struggle, trouble, and effort become obsolete.
>
> Vadim

 DW> The need to brake and steer does not.

A need is not objective. It exists only in the mind - if it does. When the
new car crashes into the wall, maybe the driver will realize that it might
be avoided with the steering wheel; but maybe not - he (/his insurance) will
pay the fines and damages, generating waves of  business for the surrounding
economy, which from the perspective of that very ecomony is good; the circle
becomes complete with the economy showing the commercial of the new car
every 15 minutes on the tube. The fact that the business circle was fake
does not matter, since the need for it existed only in the mind anyways.

0
vrapp (55)
1/26/2005 6:10:19 PM
On 2005-01-26, Vadim Rapp <vrapp@nospam.polyscience.com> wrote:
> but maybe not - he (/his insurance) will
> pay the fines and damages, generating waves of  business for the surrounding
> economy, which from the perspective of that very ecomony is good;

PMBI, but you should read about something that economists call
"the broken window fallacy".  See: http://freedomkeys.com/window.htm
0
mark5832 (444)
1/26/2005 8:06:23 PM
 MH> PMBI, but you should read about something that economists call
 MH> "the broken window fallacy".  See: http://freedomkeys.com/window.htm

When the economy can't offer a good suit, it will resort to breaking
windows.

Plus, hiring someone to break a window is cheaper than creating the
infrastructure necessary for making good suites. Once someone makes this (or
similar) discovery, all others have to follow the suit "to stay
conpetitive".

Vadim

0
vr (140)

Tracking GST/VAT in MSMoney Standard
I'm new to Money & processing small business accounts. Had no problems tracking & reporting VAT in Quicken & havegot Money to calculate VAT with each relevant entry. Somehow just not finding a report that shows VAT totals, taxable income etc. Please HELP!!!!! ...

text to columns #5
I have a column of text I want to split. How would I make it split on two spaces. Example Mt Vernon IL600111 I want Mt Vernon in one column and IL600111 in the other. gls858 You could do a find and replace to change the double space to a comma and then do a <data> <text to columns> with the comma as the delimiter -- Greetings from New Zealand "gls858" <gls858@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23n2lTB6XIHA.4448@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I have a column of text I want to split. How would I make it split on > two spaces. Example > > Mt Vernon IL6...

Migrating from 5.5 to 2003
I am planning on migrating an NT 4.0 domain to a 2003 AD integrated domain. As a result of this, I have setup a mock network similar to my own (not exact setup because I'm just getting the feel for things and will do it over several times). I've chosen to do an in-place upgrade by upgrading my NT PDC to 2003 with AD and an AD integrated DNS server. I've installed the ADC, did domain prep, etc. etc. as per the installation guide. There's something I've noticed, but am not sure if it's behavior by design: During setup I got the following errors in the Application even...

GP 10.0 Integration Manager Programmatically Add New Source Field
I'm new to Integration Manager. I would like to take a text file (source file) and programmatically add a new source field through a script, then parse out one part of the Source File string and place in this newly created Source Field to later be setup through a translation table. Is this possible and what's the best way to go about it? Thanks for any help or guidance! ...

auto response exchange 5.5
i would like to know how to set up on exchange 5.5 the read confirmation feature on the server side not on outlook, just to use it in my company, thank you ...

Find and Highlight duplicates in 5 non-adjacent columns
I have series of serial nnumbers in five non-adjacent columns. Ineed to find, and, if possible, highlight them. I am using Excel 2003 at work and 2007 at home. EX: A B C D E F G H I J 1 31686 ....... 21213 ....... 37801 ....... 55555 ....... 78613 ........ 2 37814 ....... 80081 ....... 67766 ....... 54455 ....... 84400 ........ 3 55555 ....... 60550 ....... 41223 ....... 10002 ....... 27177 ........ 4 43477 ....... 77772 ....... 43434 ....... 94867 ....... 2952...

Outlook 2000 hangs #5
Whenever I click on an email link on a website, outlook opens the window to compose an email and hangs. Then I have to go to the Windows Task Manager, then Applications, and end the process. Then the next time I click on the email link, it works fine. Any ideas why it freezes every time? ...

Office 2004 11.1.0 update installation fails.
Tried running the 11.1.0 updater, and each time, it fails. Followed the updater instructions (including killing Office Notifications). Tried running the updater several times. Tried repairing permissions and rebooting. Tried running the updater on a clean install of Office 2004. Each time, the updater gives a dialog box that says, "An error prevented the update from completing. 11002:2,-15". Anyone seen this? Have a fix for it? I have experienced the same problem. I have not figured out how to make this work, however, I must say that my Office auto update program will not install a...

Message Size Limits on Exchange 5.5
Sorry for this question since this is a legacy exchange version. Where can I set on Exchange 5.5 the allowed message size? I can set it on IMS for the outbound messages. How about the messages transferred inside the organization? Maybe this may help http://support.microsoft.com/kb/231303/EN-US/ -- Nebojsa Seslija ---------------- "MA P" <mark@textguru.ph> wrote in message news:euLAeOQcHHA.3484@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Sorry for this question since this is a legacy exchange version. > > Where can I set on Exchange 5.5 the allowed message size? I can set it o...

MSMoney
I using version 17.0.120.1415 and every time I log into my application I get, "your trial version of Microsoft Money will expire on 3/29/2010." How to I prevent this from coming up? I bought the box set. "chadfran" wrote: > I using version 17.0.120.1415 and every time I log into my application I get, > "your trial version of Microsoft Money will expire on 3/29/2010." How to I > prevent this from coming up? I bought the box set. Try closing msmoney and then right click on msmoney icon and RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR If I do that it tries to set up a ne...

MSCRM.fcat_documentindex.[7.5] Job failure
Hi Everyone, We upgraded from CRM 1.2 to 3.0 and one of our SQL jobs keeps failing throughout the day. SQL Server Scheduled Job 'Start_Incremental on Company_Name_MSCRM.ftcat_documentindex.[7.5]' (0x6397B54081099A4C810F3C7744F609F2) - Status: Failed - Invoked on: 2006-08-22 10:45:00 - Message: The job failed. The Job was invoked by Schedule 15 (Indexed Document Title Schedule). The last step to run was step 1 (Full-Text Indexing). When looking at the job history, I'm seeing: Executed as user: Domain\SQLAdminAccount. Full-Text Search is not enabled for the current database. Us...

Exchange 5.5 queue
My 'outbound messages awaiting delivery' queue keeps filling up with messages, immediately after I clear it almost. Most of the domains are silly ones, like 80-20.net, bkkmail.com, but the originator shows <> I've already confirmed relay isn't open, and I disabled auto reply to the Internet. How can I tell what machine is sending these out, sounds like a possible virus? NDRs sent by your server. No virus, not relays. -- hth, SusanV "Scott Saldana" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:O1M23QpuDHA.572@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > My 'outb...

Exchange 5.5 ADC
Hi guys, i am currently migrating our domain from windows nt 4.0 --> windows 2003 the migration as it is ... is done and AD is running properly actually the only thing that we wont upgrade is the windows nt 4.0 bdc where we have our exchange 5.5 running.. i read up a few howto´s and i allready know that i need the Active Directory Connector on the exchange 5.5 box to connect to the AD on the 2k3 DC. my problem is : i can install the ADC on the exchange 5.5 box, i tried the one on the Exchange 2003 server cd , i tried the one on the windows 2000 cd , i tried and downloaded one from ...

moving record in microsoft crm 3.0
Hi everybody, I have created one button on toolbar of an custom entity form(record of an entity).If i click that button it will show me a dialog box with ok and cancel buttons then if i press ok the record will be moved to another custom entity.In the meanwhile the record should not be present in the first custom entity after pressing of ok button in dialog box. Can anybody suggest me how to acheive this requirement ? Pls provide complete details with crm code. Waiting for replies. Thanks Prabhakar ...

Unable to delete mailbox in exchange server 5.5
Hi, I have encountered problem when deleting user in the exchange server. My current exchange server is 5.5 with sp3. I am unable to delete the mailbox. Error message: An internal processing error has occurred. Try restarting the Microsoft Exchange Administrator program or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer, or both. Microsoft Exchange Information Store: ID no: c1040af4. From Event Log: Event ID: 1203; Failed to delete the mailbox of /o=Domain/ou=Workgroup/cn=Recipients/cn=XXXX with error Oxfffff9bf. I have do the restarting of the server as recommended by the error message but i...

exchange 5.5 queue #2
Our Exchange server (5.5 sp4+) is keeping messages in the queue. It also sends messages slowly and resends messages after a restart of the server, which is running NT4 sp6. Thoughts? Anything relevant logged in App or Sys Event logs? Justin wrote: > Our Exchange server (5.5 sp4+) is keeping messages in the queue. It also > sends messages slowly and resends messages after a restart of the server, > which is running NT4 sp6. Thoughts? We have our logging set to maximum on the IMS. What in particular should we be looking for? "Kirill S. Palagin" <kpalagin@nomail.phxi...

MSMONEY V2003
I've been using V2003 since about the time it came out. This past week it started - - when I close a flag comes up saying 'this cannot be done'. Then it goes ahead and closes. Is there a reason for this flag?? xx Assuming the "flag" is a dialog box and "this cannot be done" is really something like "this operation cannot be performed" then see http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=104. <Use-Author-Supplied-Address-Header@[127.1]> wrote in message news:B0003655913@mail21.cisp.com... > I've been using V2003 since about the time it came out....

Publisher 2000 #5
will Publisher 2000 work with Office XP and Windows XP? Sure will, no issues at all. If for any reason you have any issues, don't hesitate to post back. -- ...

Letter Writing error after upgrade to 9.0
We just upgraded to 9.0. When we try and print a letter in the letter writing program we receive a Header Record Delimiters error. It is asking for a field delimiter and a record delimiter. How do we correct this error. If we run this same letter in a Historical Co, the letter writer works. Thank you, Amy Are you referring to Letter Writing Assistant? I haven't seen any errors in LWA. What kind of letter is it? -- Charles Allen, MVP "Amy" wrote: > We just upgraded to 9.0. When we try and print a letter in the letter > writing program we receive a Header Re...

Ingenico i6550 on 2.0.0114
Hi All, I am having a hard time finding any information on installation and configuration of the i6550. Would anyone out there be willing to share their documentation and/or procedures with me? I followed the KB article 935588 but all I get is a blank screen once the device boots. I have gleaned that I need several things to make this work: Form Designer for the device Ingenico OPOS driver newer than 2.4 (?) Better configuration documentation Sample receipt template (?) I would appreciate any detailed documentation that I can get my hands on. Thanks all very much! I installed 7 of th...

Converting MSMoney 2004 file to MSMoney 2007
I've just bought MS Money 2007, formerly using MSMoney 2004. I try to open my money 2004 file using money 2007 and money 2007 tries to convert it but fails. Ive had a look on the Microsoft Site and found a knowledgebase article which suggests Money 2004 and earlier files cant be opened with Money 2006 and later. It suggests downloading a trial copy of Money 2005, using this to convert the 2004 file and then using Money 2007 which will read a 2005 file. Money 2005 tries to convert the 2004 file and fails. Anyone solved this problem or have a workaround? PS: I let Money 2005 download the m...

Migrate from 5.5 last step
Hi All, I successfully migrated from a 5.5 exchange server on NT 4.0 to 2K3. I stopped all 5.5 exchange services and was able to send/receive email. I then switched to Native mode, since the new 2K3 server is the only exchange server. All is working well on the new box except for an MSADC 8026 error every 5 minutes in my event log on the 2K3 box. I poked around and saw that I still had an Active Directory Connector set up. Sooooooo, I deleted it (it was the only connector). Now I am no longer getting the MSADC error, so I am happier... To the question at hand: Can I uninstall the Exchange Act...

Exchange 5.5 #4
Hi, We've got an exchange server running on a dell poweredge 1650 running windows nt server 4. quick questions; When the server was setup, the previous guy didn't get it to use full space on hard drive, so now we are running out of space on the drive where exchange is storing the data. I know that I can increase the space by using disk administrator and extending the volume, is this fairly safe to do, will it corrupt the the drive where the data is on once i have commited the changes,it's never been backed as a tape drive was never installed! which is another thing i ...

Post 5.5 to 03 Migration Displays wrong Administrative Group in AD
Hello I have a unique problem. We migrated 1 Exchange 5.5 server (Exchange site 5.5 1)to Exchange 2000SP3 and 2 Servers running 5.5 (Exchange Sites 2 & 3) to Exchange 2003 Our WIndows server topology is this One root domain, two child domains 1 Exchange 2000 server in 1 Child domain 2 Exchange 2003 Servers in the second Child domai The Exchange migration track we followed was this The First Child Domain performed an in place upgrade from 5.5 to 0 The Second Child domain (2 Exchange 5.5 Servers 2 Sites) performed an upgrade method in which we installed an Exchange 03 Server into Each 5....

How to import BOM into GP8.0/SQL using Excel
Greetings, I am in a bind and hoping someone feeling sympathetic can lend advice. I have to build *tons* of BOMs and the one by one method is killing me. When we transitioned to GP8.0 I was able to build all of my BOMs in two spreadsheets; one of master part numbers/item descriptions, one of the contents/qtys of the BOMs. Somehow they were automagically imported by someone I no longer have as a resource. I have read I can use Integration Manager to do this but that the tables have to be exact to avoid jackkniving the database full of junk. Can someone spell out the steps of how to exp...