MSMONEY 2007 WORKING SLOWLY

I USE MSMONEY THERE ARE SEVERAL YEARS.
NOW I HAVE 2007.
IT IS VERY SLOW, MAINLY WHEN ITt BEGINS, IT IS SEVERAL MINUTES PROCESSING,
WITH CPU TO 100%. WHAT CAN BE?

0
Nabuco (1)
12/14/2007 12:31:03 AM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

Please don't SHOUT. It hurts my eyes and is entirely unnecessary. Your Caps
Lock key--learn it, use it, love it.

Money's handling of scheduled bill data internally is hopelessly broken.
Rather than fix that, they issued a tool to remove all the bad data they
happily collect and leave lying around. We call it "Nuke The Bills." See
http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=187 for more information. It has fixed
performance problems for many people willing to go to the trouble and effort
that it imposes. Sad they can't or won't fix the root cause of this problem,
but there it is.

"Nabuco" <Nabuco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I USE MSMONEY THERE ARE SEVERAL YEARS.
> NOW I HAVE 2007.
> IT IS VERY SLOW, MAINLY WHEN ITt BEGINS, IT IS SEVERAL MINUTES PROCESSING,
> WITH CPU TO 100%. WHAT CAN BE?

I personally have tried the nuke the bills to try to speed up the startup of
money with no success.  The program errors out and the resultant money file
is unreadable such that even salvage aborts.  When I discussed it with the
fine folk at Microsoft they suggested that I start over with a new money
data file and download what I can from my financial institutions. This I
have found unacceptable as I have data going back to 1995.  When I finally
give up on Money as being too slow to start I will probably start over with
a new file.  At this point however I will review all of the financial
programs available prior to selecting one.

Meanwhile I have at least found that by avoiding the default money home page
I can get started in less than 2 minutes.  (about the amount of time to go
check my email).

Art
message news:uoJbsalPIHA.4444@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...

In microsoft.public.money, Art McClinton wrote:

>I personally have tried the nuke the bills to try to speed up the startup of
>money with no success.  The program errors out and the resultant money file
>is unreadable such that even salvage aborts.  When I discussed it with the
>fine folk at Microsoft they suggested that I start over with a new money
>data file and download what I can from my financial institutions. This I
>have found unacceptable as I have data going back to 1995.  When I finally
>give up on Money as being too slow to start I will probably start over with
>a new file.  At this point however I will review all of the financial
>programs available prior to selecting one.
>
>Meanwhile I have at least found that by avoiding the default money home page
>I can get started in less than 2 minutes.  (about the amount of time to go
>check my email).

Yikes.  I wonder if salv.exe would work if you ran in safe mode with
networking over night. Alternatively, I would try running it on a
different computer.

And if you were to consider a new file, you would do QIF export and
import rather than typing in most things.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Sharepoint 2007
Hi I am using the Outstanding Issues webpart. I would like to be customise the webpart to be able to look up a Contact from Microsoft CRM to add to a new Issue. What is the easest way to achieve this? Thanks, tj ...

Converting Office 2007 Pro Trial to Office 2007 Small Business
My Office 2007 Professional Trial just expired yesterday. I purchased the Office 2007 Small Business upgrade through the online store. When I tried to convert my trial to the "real" version, my product key wouldn't work. (I expected it to work for everything except Access, which is not included in the Small Business version.) I am, as we speak, downloading the Small Business version from the Microsoft store; but do I really need to go through an uninstall/reinstall? Can't I convert to another version of MS Office without reinstalling? I'm worried abo...

MS Publsiher 2007
This version comes with only 10 fonts with it. How do I get more font choices? Does your printer have built in fonts? Disable your printer's fonts and you should see more fonts. Windows installs core fonts. http://www.ascendercorp.com/msfonts/msfonts_productlist.html -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "cumarcia" <cumarcia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CA1F1FB6-ED03-4B83-BC64-AEB4DAB8A7B9@microsoft.com... > This version comes with only 10 fonts with it. How do I get more font ...

File associations for PP Viewer 2007
I helped a friend setup her new Windows 7 HP desktop unit. It came with the 60 day trial suite of MS Office 2007 and PowerPoint 2007 Viewer preinstalled. I uninstalled the trialware package and it left the PP Viewer as an orphan. Is there any way to re-register all of the applicable file types other than using the "Open with" routine? Here's what I've tried so far: 1. Ran the /regserver parameter 2. Uninstalled then reinstalled the PP Viewer 3. Reinstalled the File Compatibility fix No joy for any of the above. The only files it will open at present ar...

Word 2007; Configuration Process Configuring 2007 when Opened
I just recently installed Office 2007; still using Office 2002 too. Almost every time I start Word 2007, I get a message that says something like 'Configuration Process Configuring Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007'. This only happens when I start Word; other apps are fine. If I double-click a Word doc, I have to wait about 5 minutes (for something to configure), then Word 2007 will launch. Is there some setting that I need to look at? This is pretty annoying. Word 2002 is working just fine. Thanks! Ryan-- -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please ...

Microsoft's tip# 197544 did not work; "Disable reply all"
I am an Outlook 2000 user (not admin) and want to disable "Reply All" so the responses only come back to me and not all persons in the cc: list. I tried Microsoft's tip# 197544 (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=197544), and method#2 does NOT work. I will appreciate your help/suggestions. Thanks in advance, Bill In news:E48377D4-CADC-4E5B-8E76-C81CFB923F28@microsoft.com, Bill Lall <BillLall@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say: My reply is at the bottom of your sent message: > I am an Outlook 2000 user (not admin) and want to disable "Reply All"...

Money 2007-Payee Details--bug?
I've always run into oddball bugs that never seem to get fixed in this app.... Go to your checking account, go to the Account Tools menu, Categories and Payees... Click on "Payees" under the View header on the left... Right click on a payee, and click on "Go to Details" that pops up.... In the top right it says the payee name with a date range and a chart. My date range says "4/1/2007 through 9/30/2007"... How do I change that date range? It's not clickable. I can right click on it, and select "ZOOM", and that page allows me to change ...

Forcast Cash Flow does not work
When I click on forcast cash flow or Cash Flow Review under Accounts & Bills I get an hourglass and then nothing show up. Whatever screen or view I have active says in place. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. CJ Money2002? If so, the FAQ: --- Q): How come my cash flow forecast refuses to display? [Relevant to Money2002 (v.10)] A): Usually one or more scheduled bills/deposits is, for reasons unknown, causing this problem. The offending bill/deposit can be identified by trial and error as follows: 1) make a copy of your Money data file 2) open the copy 3) delete scheduled bills/dep...

Sharepoint 2007 + Infopath 2007 + Webservice
Hi evebody! I am developing a form with InfoPath 2007, accessing the web services of their own SharePoint Server 2007 to store values in a custom list. We use Visual Studio to program the button that will submit the information in this form to the SharePoint list using the own web services of SharePoint. We've mapped the values, but something goes wrong when our code tries to access the WebService. Apparently, and we've researched, is a problem of Credentials, but do not know how to assign these credentials in our WebService object. How ...

E-Mail not working after adding host header
Hi, I must have messed up along the way somewhere during the install. I had to type http://server to get to my crm website. I moved the crm website from port 80 to 8000 and I got my default site back. No problem, I just use http://server:8000 to access crm, except it can't send mail. If I change it back to use port 80 without host header it will send e-mail. So, here is the million dollar question. How do I configure it to use port 80 with crmweb as the host header for it to let my e-mail work? Any help is greatly appreciated. Ric Ric, Are you talking about e-mails to the CRM sy...

Tracking GST/VAT in MSMoney Standard
I'm new to Money & processing small business accounts. Had no problems tracking & reporting VAT in Quicken & havegot Money to calculate VAT with each relevant entry. Somehow just not finding a report that shows VAT totals, taxable income etc. Please HELP!!!!! ...

2003 Style Sheets in 2007?
I received a new computer from work, which has Office 2K7 on it. I copied Normal.dot off my backup disc onto this machine, and renamed Normal.dotm to Normal.dotmold. My Macros and keyboard shortcuts came over fine. My "Normal" style is fine. But I had a whole whole bunch of other styles, along with keyboard shortcuts for those styles, that seem to have disappeared! I thought I'd try the Organizer and move the styles over from old documents, but that did not work either. I have been fine-tuning Normal.dot since I gave up MacWrite in 1994... But this, this, t...

Outlook 2003 - Exchange Server 2003
Hi there - I am running Outlook 2003 on an Exchange Server 2003. It seems that rules don't work. In the past, I've always had a rule created so that on any incoming message, where my name was in the TO:, the message would automatically forward to another internet e-mail address. I have it set up correctly but it doesn't seem to work. Has anyone heard anything like this happening? Thanks, David First, are you using Exchange Cached Mode? Second, is replies and forwards to the Internet turned off at Exchange (it is turned off by default.) --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] ...

Access 2007 Table of Contents
Has anyone been able to produce a table of contents for a report in Access 2007; I have had no luck with the code at http://support.microsoft.com/?id=210269. Peter <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Has anyone been able to produce a table of contents for a report in Access >2007; I have had no luck with the code at >http://support.microsoft.com/?id=210269. As far as I can see there's no reason why that code shouldn't work. What is the problem you are having? Any error messages? Tony -- Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP Please respond only in the ne...

PWA 2007
In the "my timesheet" view of PWA 2007, I would like to allow my staff to enter a comment along with each time-phased entry. For example: Task "Create Module" is assigned to "John Doe". On Monday, John spent 3 hours and wants to comment on what he did that day; on Tuesday he spent 5.5 hours and wants to comment on what he did that day; and so on... During my research, there is a comment field within the table that stores the time-phased entry. Therefore, it appears this comment data can be stored appropriately. Question: How do I get the "...

clipboard copy doesn't work
(USING OFFICE XP: EXCEL) I have a string that is more than 255 characters long in Excel so it gets displayed as bunch of pound signs (#). That is ok, but when I select that cell and copy (Ctrl + C), all the pound signs get copied to the clipboard. It also writes out all the pound signs when i save the file in a text format (like .csv, comma-delimited). This is extremely irritating because it means I am going to have to write a macro to sift through the thousands of rows of my excel file and write out the values to a text file. I understand why you would want to display pound sig...

BP 10 SP2 Query Copy to Excel 2007
It warns I must have the Office Web Components (OWC) installed in order to copy the query results to Excel. The most recent OWC I can find is for Office 2003. Is there one for Office 2007? Also, using Vista Ultimate 64 bit. ------=_NextPart_0001_50286C26 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, Thanks for posting to Newsgroups. The most recent version of OWC is for Office 2003. However, this release will work with Office 2007. In addition, we have also seen that in some cases, the OWC for Office XP is also required for the export function in BP to work. Both...

doc files not opening in word 2007 (unless from within word 2007)
ie, no double clicking doc files to open them in word 2007. I've tried to set my file associations, but word 2007 is not an option given to me by the computer (not even via the browse option). I've tried repairing, reinstalling, and have just tried re-registering, all to no avail. It's a bit annoying to have to go through the extra steps of saving files, opening word....you get the idea, it adds up to a lot of wasted time. ps. I attempted to post this query earlier, but it has failed to show up, so I apologize in advance if this becomes a duplicate post. ...

Searching IMAP messages with Outlook 2007 on Vista
I'm switching from PoP to IMAP access to my email for the automatic "syncing" of mail no matter what client I use, but most of my access is from Outlook 2007 on my desktop. Instead of developing an elaborate filing system, I'd like to rely on the much-improved searching functionality in OL 2007, but it seems that the search will only find text when the message body (not just the header) has been downloaded to the .pst file by OL 2007. Is that correct? I've tried to set OL 2007 to automatically download the entire message body by doing the following: Tools->Send/Rece...

MSMoney
I using version 17.0.120.1415 and every time I log into my application I get, "your trial version of Microsoft Money will expire on 3/29/2010." How to I prevent this from coming up? I bought the box set. "chadfran" wrote: > I using version 17.0.120.1415 and every time I log into my application I get, > "your trial version of Microsoft Money will expire on 3/29/2010." How to I > prevent this from coming up? I bought the box set. Try closing msmoney and then right click on msmoney icon and RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR If I do that it tries to set up a ne...

HELP PLEASE
All my buttons on my forms all the sudden give me a "Error accessing file. Network connection may have been lost" when i click them. When i try to create new buttons the same things happens. Please tell me there is a way to correct it??? Any Hope?! "Adam" <Adam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:512F8581-E4A5-4C83-B560-15C0AD19E8CB@microsoft.com... > All my buttons on my forms all the sudden give me a "Error accessing > file. > Network connection may have been lost" when i click them. When i try to > create new buttons the s...

converting from OE to Outlook 2007, help?
Hello, I am making the switch from Outlook Express to Outlook 2007. Where can I find answers to specific questions regarding "best configuration" options for my particular needs when making this conversion? I posted specific questions late yesterday evening (02/25/10), and unfortunately have only received one vague answer. That tells me this might not be the best forum for me to find the specific answers I need. Does anyone know of a good definitive source, that can answer specifics regarding the Outlook 2007 questions I have? Thanks for any help, all support...

Looking for client-side method (Outlook 2007/Exchange 2007) for users to delete
Good Morning, We have Outlook 2007 clients on Exchange 2007. Client side registry has dumpster turned on for all mailbox folders. Exchange is configured with 21 days dumpster retention. This configuration is working well for us. But we also would like to give specific users, the ability to quickly and easily purge the contents of all their folder dumpsters, at their discretion. These users do this now, but it is all manual. They use the 'Recover Deleted Items' dialog and permanently delete the contents of the dumpster from there, but this is only possible on o...

Pictures moving in Excel 2007
We have a large Excel 2007 document with a lot of pictures. Viewing the document normally, the pictures all look fine, but when either previewing or printing, the further down the spreadsheet you get, the pictures are moving down the page. Any help would be great Thanks! This was written for xl2002, but maybe it'll work with xl2007: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;838910 Controls move to the left of the worksheet in Microsoft Excel 2002 boogybaz@gmail.com wrote: > > We have a large Excel 2007 document with a lot of pictures. Viewing > the document no...

Exchange 2007 #7
Does exchange 2007 standard allow you to do unified communication or is it just the enterprise version? also can you unified communication piece work with outlook 2003 or do you need outlook 2007. Thanks Ed Hi UM is a question of client licensing (not server) so yes, the exchange server standard edition allows to install UM role but you need Enterprise CALs for the clients that are UM enabled. the second part of your question is not as simple to answer. You can receive UM mail with legacy Outlook clients You can not change the UM settings of your mailbox with legacy client versions. Th...