msmoney 2005

Unable to initialize a required Money component. Please reinstall Money from
your original product disks. msmoney 2005

this is what I get, I try to reinstall and it says it cannot install some of
the files to run I should reboot and reinstall, I get this each time.

I have tried to uninstall it but it willnot uninstall.

Help all my banking record are there for the last 5 years.
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Corrupted registry key for Money entries. You may locate certain Knowledge
Base articles and contact Money Online Support .

"Dick F." wrote:

> Unable to initialize a required Money component. Please reinstall Money from
> your original product disks. msmoney 2005
>
> this is what I get, I try to reinstall and it says it cannot install some of
> the files to run I should reboot and reinstall, I get this each time.
>
> I have tried to uninstall it but it willnot uninstall.
>
> Help all my banking record are there for the last 5 years.
0
AllenChen (7)
5/25/2005 1:15:20 AM
Have a look here. http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/26.aspx

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

For UK tips & fixes see
For wishes or suggestions see
or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback

"Dick F." <Dick F.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Unable to initialize a required Money component. Please reinstall Money
> from
> your original product disks. msmoney 2005
>
> this is what I get, I try to reinstall and it says it cannot install some
> of
> the files to run I should reboot and reinstall, I get this each time.
>
> I have tried to uninstall it but it willnot uninstall.
>
> Help all my banking record are there for the last 5 years.

0
Bob_Peel4015 (409)

Synchronize MS Money 2005 on Laptop with Desktop
I would like to use a copy of MS Money 2005 on a Laptop machine while away from home and then later synchronize it with the master file contained on the Desktop machine at home. What is the most practical way of doing this so that the two files do not get out of synchronization. Kostas Copy the .mny file between the two PCs as appropriate. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. <Walking.Man> wrote in message new...

Did money 2006 fix most of the bugs/gripes in 2005?
Did money 2006 fix most of the 2005 bugs/gripes people had? Below was my list from 2005 I want the dual drop down category box again. Looks like this one may be fixed by the new patch and a reg key. I will believe it when I see it. I want update prices manually put back on the right click context menu in the portfolio manager. Most of the items in my 401k have no symbols cause of the plan my company provides. The fact update prices manually has moved is a huge incontinence. I want a way to purge all the past budget data. Money 2004 and I think 2003 had a massive bug that o...

Money Pocket PC 2005 BUG
I just synchronized 4 weeks of my transactions from Money 2005 into my Pocket PC. Wouldn't you know it but the totals didn't match. So I synchronized the last 52 weeks and they still didn't match. Then I synchronized the entire file ( over 4000 transactions ) and the ending balance still didn't match. I started checking the numbers and found that the Pocket PC version doesn't ignore VOIDED transactions. It treats them as though they were normal transactions. This to me is a Bug. But not if my wife is using it because then she'll think we have less than we actuall...

How to build WinCE.net application with vs.net 2005
Hi, VS.net 2005 can be used to create SmartPhone and PocketPC 2003 applications by using C++(MFC), but there is no an option to create the WinCE.net application that can be created by EVC4 before, is it possible to create WinCE.net application by using VS.net 2005? Thanks. Regards, ZhangZQ What do you mean? You can create apps in C#, VB or native (C/C++). What "other" type are you after? -Chris "ZhangZQ" <zhangzq71@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:esuZfFKNGHA.3728@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > VS.net 2005 can be used to create SmartPhon...

Does RMS support Quickbooks 2005 Pro.
I tried to import data from Quickbooks to RMS but was stuck in the step of "Import Quickbooks" The error is "Could not determine the version of the Quickbooks company data file...." It looks like that RMS 1.2 doesn't support Quickbooks 2005. So, is there any patch or work around instead of using Quickbooks 2003? Thanks for help! Harrison Harrison wrote: > I tried to import data from Quickbooks to RMS but was stuck in the step of > "Import Quickbooks" > The error is "Could not determine the version of the Quickbooks company data > ...

Yes. Upgrade from Money 2001to 2005 immediately
This assumes 2005 is written to run on your OS and that your hardware is up to running a much larger, better program. Simply check the system requirements for 2005; and remember, there's no such thing as too much RAM, only too little. If you bought 4 DIMMS and only have two slots that is "too much RAM" -- regards, Michael Abbaticchio http://exchange.mvps.org "Douglas Pommering" <dpommering@comcast.net> wrote in message news:_KKdnTl4dYM1rf3cRVn-pQ@comcast.com... > This assumes 2005 is written to run on your OS and that your hardware is > up > t...

Backup file from either 2003 or 2005 to Money Plus Deluxe
My laptop died but I have my backup files of Microsoft Money (2003 or 2005?) Money was free with the Dell laptop so I don't have original disk. If I buy Money Plus Deluxe will it recognize my MNY file or my MBF file? I do not have the old Money program in order to be able to prepare the file as a QIF export file as the help support site suggests. I can not get Microsoft support until after I buy Money Plus Deluxe, but I want to make sure it will work before I purchase. Thanks for any insight. In microsoft.public.money, Peter Quagliano <Peter Quagliano@discussions.microsoft.co...

Money 2005 making like E.T. Tries to phone home.

Money 2005 to Mon ey 2007
I upgraded to Money 2007 and all works fine. The conversion of the old Money file worked well. The problem I am having is, when I go to back-up and want to change the location of the backup, I get the following: The pathname is invalid. Please use a valid pathname. I have tried every which way to enable the "correct" pathname, but I am obviously doing something wrong, ,so any and all help will be appreciated. In microsoft.public.money, HowdyDoody wrote: >I upgraded to Money 2007 and all works fine. The conversion of the old Money file worked well. The problem I am having >i...

2005: Update from 2004 totally messed up
When I installed 2005, I let Money update/import my 2004 files. The result is now a totally worthless product. 1. Bill Payment: What were monthly re-occurring bills are now Twice a Month. 2. Bill Payment: Previously deleted re-occurring bills have reappeared. 3. Categories: Money now re-created every category as <Category>-#1. Now I have the original plus the new one. 4. Import of accounts which had a starting balance did not import the starting balance. Now, all my accounts are negative and my net-worth has gone down significantly. I am back to using Money 2004 and seriously eyeing tha...

Money 2005
Money 2005 is no longer allowing me to access the program. When I try to connect online I get an error message that my email address or password is incorrect, or the server is down. When I try to connect offline it tells me my password can not be verified and I need to go online. The result is that the software is completely inaccessible. I have tried to reinstall without success. The problem with M2005 is that shortly after release a real show stopper bug was found and a forced patch was needed. Check your version in Help > About - it must be 14.0.xxx.1105. If it isn't you n...

2004 money file conver failed in Money 2005
I've searched this list for whole day, but didn't find the solution yet. Did anybody figured out how to convert money file successfully from 2004 format to 2005 when upgrade the software to 2005? Seems that this is a common problem. I've tried various methods (as mentioned in one of posts, salv.exe, and none worked so far). It simply told me cannot locate the file or cannot open it. thanks. File|New worked for me, save mangling of Food:Groceries and Food:Dining Out to Groceries and Dining Out. Only when I started using it did I realize how much I truly disliked M05. "Sean ...

Money 2005 always reapiring file !!
About once a week,I get a message saying my file lists an incorrect balance and will repair after I close and restart money.Any ideas why ?? Thanks Repairing sorry !! "Apothecon" <sailerph@verizon.net> wrote in message news:Riltf.428$i65.11@trndny05... > About once a week,I get a message saying my file lists an incorrect > balance and will repair after I close and restart money.Any ideas why ?? > Thanks > ...

MS Money Small Business 2005 Trial
Hi, Can I find MS Money Small Business 2005 trial version on the web for download and test? Thanks Alex Sorry no. Only deluxe is available - it expires after 90 days or 1st Jan 2006 - whichever is soonest. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "Alex" <alim@roge...

Upgrade from UK Money 2005 Deluxe to US Money 2007 Deluxe
Hi to all, I want to upgrade my UK Money 2005 Deluxe to US Money 2007 Deluxe. Would the new application be able to open my Money 2005 file? Is this a possible upgrade? Regards, Ali Murat No not easily possible. Money is heavily regionalised and you can only upgrade with a region. You can do it by export to QIF format and reimporting but a large amount of information will be lost. Most people say it isn't worth it and other posters have said that the new version doesn't add very much. See http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/152.aspx and the other references in that article. --...

Changing credit limit for credit cards in Money 2005
I can't seem to find a way to change the credit limit that is specified in the "Credit Information" section of the account details. Any help with this would be appreciated. I don't remember having any trouble with this in previous versions. Thanks, Josh [account] Settings|Change Credit Details|[Credit Limit]|OK|Done works here. This isn't some cockamamie Essential Account or something? "Josh" <Josh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F9864AF-7032-41C6-BBF7-7C9B01F150D1@microsoft.com... >I can't seem to find a way to change th...

Federal Tax Refund in Money 2005
I'm sure this may be trivial for some people...but which category do you guys records a Federal Tax Refund in Money 2005? For my State income tax return there is a category Local and State Tax Refund, but not one for Federal. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks... On 2005-05-13, Joe Smith <joesmith@aol.com> wrote: > I'm sure this may be trivial for some people...but which category do you > guys records a Federal Tax Refund in Money 2005? For my State income tax > return there is a category Local and State Tax Refund, but not one for > Federal. I created a Tax c...

file can not be open, read or write in visual studio 2005 #2
I am trying to transfer my visual c++ 6 to visual studio 2005. every thing seems fine, but I can not open,read and write any file in my program. they are either not avaliable or unaccessible. Please, Save me! here is my code: CFile Fileopen; CFileException e; Fileopen.Open("test.txt",CFile::modeCreate|CFile::modeRead ,&e); char test[50]="test"; Fileopen.Write(test,6); Fileopen.Close(); FILE * fp; if((fopen_s(&fp,m_MSFileName,"r"))==NULL) { MessageBox("Filename error or not exiting","warnning",MB_OK|MB_ICONHAND); ...

Money 2005 Problem Downloading msmoney.ofc bank statements
Can anyone help with this problem I'm using money 2005 and it wont automatically update when I download statement from bank ms money doesn't recognise msmoney.ofc files what am I doing wrong Money 2005 no longer supports OFC files. Just OFX and QIF -- ------------------------------------------- Joe Guidera jguidera@msn.com.remove "Claude Matroy" <c_matroy@ihotmail.com> wrote in message news:ckpsno$3mr$1@lust.ihug.co.nz... > Can anyone help with this problem > I'm using money 2005 and it wont automatically update when I download > statement f...

Money 2005 Premium Cannot Convert 2004 File
After making a backup copy as .M12 for the Money 2004 file, Money 2005 Premium says: Money cannot locate 'MyMoneyIn2004.mny' or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read-only file or you do not have ... Does anyone know why I receive such message why using Money 2005 Premium to convert 2004 file? Any help is appreciated. Ching Exactly same problem here. Anybody has a solution or sugestion? ...

Money 2005 release date 9/21/04
Excerpted from the Money 05 press materials fact sheet which seems to have just been updated. Availability: Money Deluxe 90-day downloadable trial versions are scheduled to be available in September 2004 at http://www.microsoft.com/money/. Money Standard, Deluxe and Premium versions are scheduled to be available for purchase at retail or full download at http://www.microsoft.com/money/ on September 21, 2004. Were did you get this info. I can't find it on the MS site. "prokkos" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:132201c499a6$18a9ab50$a30...

kb971117 report viewer redistributable 2005
I am having a problem getting this update installed. Have a 2003 Server Enterprise edition sp2. This guy became available a couple of weeks ago I believe. When it installs it prompts me for a location by saying this: Microsoft Report Viewer Redistributable 2005 The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click OK or enter an alternative path to the folder containing the installation package ReportViewer.msi. So I do a search for this file and it is located in C:\Windows\microsoft.net\framework\v2.0.50727\Microsoft Report Viewer Red...

Resize Register Columns
The product review for Money 2005 says when using the advanced register you can resize columns and sort by column. I can do the sort, but I have yet to figure out how to resize the columns. For instance, the date column is nearly twice as wide as it needs to be. And since most of my transactions deal in the thousands and not billions, I don't need the Payment, Deposit and Balance columns nearly as wide as they are. What I would ike is Number column wider (where you put check number, ATM, Debit, etc) so I can detail the transactions (how they happned) and see it just by looking a...

Installation of SQL Server 2005
I have done several installs of Great Plains on SQL Server 2000. I have to do an installation of SQL Server 2005. Are there any things I need to be aware of? I can look at the documentation for SQL 2005 but I am interested in the features specific to GP 9.0. If you have any cubes, you will need to get the ones written for SQL 2005. If you are using Reporting Services, you will need to configure SQL 2005 for them and then enter the URL information in GP. If you are using Windows 2003 and are implementing password policies, you can enable the use of them on the user setup windows...