MSM05 - Beginning Inventory for Prior Fiscal Year

I've just installed Money 2005 Small Business, and am entering transactions
for fiscal 2004.  I need to enter inventory at the beginning of 2004, but it
seems Money wants to assign today's date to any New Inventory Product, so the
inventory shows up in 2005 instead.  Am I missing something?
0
jcrawford (1)
1/26/2005 3:17:06 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

I guess you could set the computer date to be 2004, but copy your .mny file
first just in case it all goes wrong and don't do anything else on your PC
whilst you are in a timewarp!

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

For UK tips & fixes see
For wishes or suggestions see
or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback

"jcrawford" <jcrawford@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've just installed Money 2005 Small Business, and am entering
> transactions
> for fiscal 2004.  I need to enter inventory at the beginning of 2004, but
> it
> seems Money wants to assign today's date to any New Inventory Product, so
> the
> inventory shows up in 2005 instead.  Am I missing something?

0
Bob_Peel4015 (409)
1/26/2005 3:48:48 PM
Thanks, Bob.  I was hoping there was a more elegant solution, but I'll give
it a try.

"Bob Peel MVP" wrote:

> I guess you could set the computer date to be 2004, but copy your .mny file
> first just in case it all goes wrong and don't do anything else on your PC
> whilst you are in a timewarp!
>
> --
> Regards
> Bob Peel,
> Microsoft MVP - Money
>
> For UK tips & fixes see
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny.
> For wishes or suggestions see
> http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp
> or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback
>
> I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for.
>
> "jcrawford" <jcrawford@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I've just installed Money 2005 Small Business, and am entering
> > transactions
> > for fiscal 2004.  I need to enter inventory at the beginning of 2004, but
> > it
> > seems Money wants to assign today's date to any New Inventory Product, so
> > the
> > inventory shows up in 2005 instead.  Am I missing something?

0
Crawford (1)

Many banks dropping Direct Connect services before end of year
Due to a banking regulation requiring stronger authentication controls by end of 2006, many banks are just dropping Direct Connect support completely. This means that even if they say they "support" Money and Quicken, they only support download of statements from the website and do not support many of the most valuable features: - The ability to "sync" all bank accounts from Money or Quicken in one click - The ability to initiate electronic bill-pay and transfers from within Money and Quicken (without a third party like MSN bill-pay) Case in point: HSBC just notified cust...

Transfer Inventory Out "Standard"
I really would like to get rid of the "Standard" option in the Transfer Type drop down on the header of a new Transfer Inventory Out. It is causing a lot of problems with users thinking they are transferring to another location. Inventory is vanishing! I have tried to work security on it but security only works on the entire drop down. How do I modify the types? ...

Inventory types
One of the items we sell is intangible inventory in the form of software licenses. However, whenever we sell a license we also incur a royalty that we owe. I would like to create an inventory item which would record the royalty liability when sold. The only inventory type, however, which appears to record the cost side of a transaction is "sales inventory" which requires quantity information. Is there another inventory type which will record the cost side of the transaction ignoring the quantities, or do I just permit this item to sell negative quantities and if so, how does that...

sort by and group by month/year
I have the following tables/fields relevant to the query I’m after: Screened.site Recruitment.DateOfReferral all I want to do is design a query and subsequent report which shows the number of referrals received in a given month/year and to group the outcome by site (to know how many were referred from a given site). At the moment, I have this query: SELECT Recruitment.DateOfReferral, Screened.Site, Count(Recruitment.DateOfReferral) AS CountOfDateOfReferral FROM Screened INNER JOIN Recruitment ON Screened.StudyNumber = Recruitment.StudyNumber GROUP BY Recruitment.DateOfReferral, Screene...

MSM05 Budget categories and the [all]
I setup a budget and within the budget I have subcategories which I budget for. When I view Childcare expenses in my budget I see Childcare[all] instead of the per subcategory budget. Is there someway to get MSM05 to display these subcategories instead of lumping them all under a master [all] account? Thanks ...

Mailbox restriction size inventory
Hi, As I enforced 500 MB on Prohibit to send restriction. Most of users are under storage group restriction. Some of them, I setup on individual users so they can have some time to archive it and sending out email. However, I forgot who are those users I set on individual box previously. Can I do storage limit inventory through Exchange management tool, 3rd party or scripting? any information will be apprecaited. Thank you in advance, Johnny Chow Another frequent contributor (Bharat Suneja) to this newsgroup has the following: http://www.suneja.com/blog/2005/10/script-sho...

Change/Modify Inventory On Hand Quantity
My situation is one where, over a period of 3 years, inventory transactions have been entered for an group of items that have caused the On Hand quantities to become not in sync with actual On Hand Quantities for each of items. My Inventory Valuation seem to be correct but Qty is not. Does anyone have a recomendation on how to best correct this problem? How do I correct these Quantities without have an impact on the Valuation? Thank you for your help. -- Christian S South Carolina Hi Christian If your GL accounts are correct (see note below), you could perform an inventory adjus...

Physical Inventory
I'm running Store Ops 2.0.0105. I generated a physical inventory by filtering a category & inactive = No, but not all of the items in the category were displayed on the count sheet. So the item that wasn't displayed on the count sheet didn't get counted and now my inventory is off again. Why didn't the item get added to the count sheet. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_006C_01CAA66A.F2B7B3B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Sammy, Dunno, would have to l...

How delete old transaccions by year?
Hi, I have a 7.0 Gb Database and I want to delete by year the transaccions and keep one data base for each year, rms2004, rms2005, etc. So every ear I delete tha transaccions. I'm using SQL Server offcourse. Thanks You can do this using SQL Queries, but you might want to take a look at Retail Realm's Archiving utility which is all set up to do this for you. Contact your reseller for details or check out http://www.retailrealm.us Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respo...

Untracked inventory included in Kits
We have kits that are made up of both tangible parts and intangible services, however the services are setup as standard inventory items as we do not have any payroll module to link the services to (if we were to set them up as services the cost that would get captured for them is $0, when in fact, we want them to reflect the cost of the labor as the internal cost for the item). The problem we are running into is that Kits cannot be drop shipped, they must be allocated from inventory, however we have no way of bringing these items into inventory as we do not order them from anywhere (s...

Transfer inventory out #2
I Want to have the Retail Price printed on the transfer inventory out report. How can I do this? thanks This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_014F_01C924B1.31DC9200 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0150_01C924B1.31DC9200" ------=_NextPart_001_0150_01C924B1.31DC9200 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable faiz, Find one attached --=20 Jeff=20 Check Point Software Search this newsgroup -- http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w (Stolen from DRS) =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D...

Inventory Turns--GP10
Does anyone have a good SQL Inventory Turns query? thanks -- Craig Craig, I have posted a view that displays Items Transactions Analysis, I think you will find what you need in one of its parts, check it below: http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/2008/11/item-transactions-analysis.html Hope this will help. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 Great Package For Business Solutions daoudm@greatpbs.com http://www.greatpbs.com http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/ "C Dunn" wrote: > Does anyone have a good SQL Inventory Turns query? > > t...

Estimated Data size for 3-5 years
Dears, I was looking for a document that give me an idea or talking about how to estimate Microsoft Dynamics GP database Growth and size. Any one could help me in this? I found an article on MSDN but it is about SQL server and it needs to go throw all GP tables and finde the size of each field and calulate that number. I have the following GP system: POP module FA module And Financial Module Any help? Best regards, Hi Hasan, It really depends on the number of transactions that go through your system. If I had to guess at an average, I would say a database in use for 3-5 years would ...

MSM05 asking to download each time
Everytime I open Money 2005 it asks me to Open, Save, Cancle box pops up. I have added it to my Trusted sites and Intranet and made the changes in IE to allow it to quit asking me. It seems to do it every page I click. Its getting annoying, any answers? In microsoft.public.money, Tiger wrote: >Everytime I open Money 2005 it asks me to Open, Save, Cancle box pops up. I >have added it to my Trusted sites and Intranet and made the changes in IE to >allow it to quit asking me. It seems to do it every page I click. If you click Save, what name is suggested? If you save the fil...

Year End Report
I've not been able to find an option in Reports that will give me a value of the inventory at year end with the time having already passed. Is this info not available? where are you tracking inventory? ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "craig" <craigj@netnitco.net> wrote in message news:1169569051.395967.317100@s48g2000cws.googlegroups.com... > I've not been able to find an option in Reports that will give me a > value of the inventory at year end with the time having already passed. > Is this i...

Adding fiscal years ...
This one here is another one that turned out to be too complicated for me to figure out. I have two columns in worksheet. In column A I have to manually type in the fiscal start and end years (as seen below). The formulas in B automate the rest of B and they're all in this type of configuration: =IF(A2<>"",TEXT(DATE(LEFT(A2,4),4,1),"mmm.dd.yyyy\-") & TEXT(DATE(LEFT (A2,4)+1,4,0),"mmm.dd.yyyy"),"") (code kindly provided to me by members of this great group some months or even years back). Col. A Col. B 2000-2001 Apr.01.2000-M...

53 weeks in 2004 skews x-axis year increment on charts.
Excel 2003. On a chart with weekly data point values and a total range from 2000 through year to date 2006, the fact that 2004 had 53 weeks rather than 52 skews the yearly increments on the x-axis (bottom scale) on the chart. It shows 2004 correctly, but shows 2004 again for the actual 2005 tick mark and 2005 for 2006. I've tried setting the number of catagories between the tick marks at 53 (instead of 52), but it throws off the alignment of the year label to the tick mark and it gets incrementally worse every year. Need a way of making the scale on the x-axis ignore that 2004 h...

Item types
Hi, Does anyone know of any issues with setting up all items in Inventory Management as 'sales inventory'? We are having issues with one of our integrating products and the third party recommended to us that we set up all items as sales inventory or kit since the item types of services are not processing correctly. We don't use Inventory at all as we are a software company, we just use it to store item numbers for SOP. My thought is to change all item types to sales inventory and then pad the quantities so that we don't get on override pop up in SOP. Anyone see any ...

Tracking the YEAR only (of a vehicle)
I'm looking to create a custom field to track the year only of a vehicle but if I select a four digit numeric it automatically adds a comma ! Is there a work-around for this? Many thanks! Maria Hi Maria, I was just experimenting with our 3.0 test environment, added a "Year" field, and I see what you mean, that if you make it an integer field, when you place it on the form it will add a comma. Your only supported option appears to be make it a nvarchar field! -Sean Could you use a year pick-list? "Maria" <Maria@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

Physical Inventory Updates
We are entering the actual physical counts using the recent version of the RMS application. There are some items we could not count, so we are deleting that line. But, it keeps coming back. Is that what should be done? The other option is to enter the qty based on what is in the database, but that takes a lot of time to go look it up. Is there a way to skip these items and process the items counted and manage these items not counted another time? I have noticed the same thing. If you delete the one item, then click OK, then go back into the physical inventory count, the item is still ...

inventory sync
When offline, not all newly added item numbers to the main database are in the offline database, I have Z'd the laptop before taking it offline, but some items are still not in the offline database, any help would be appreciated -- THANKS, RICK This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0419_01C6B708.8F947390 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Rick, Make sure the time is correct on both machines. --=20 * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type...

excel calendar years
Hi, I'm trying to use the calendar tool in Forms under the VBAProject so that the years dropdown list only displays the years 2005 and 2006 (instead of all years from 1900 thru to 2100). Is there a way to limit the years to only 2005 and 2006? If not, is there a way to display an error message so that the user can be told to enter a date between 2005 and 2006 if they don't? I've got a validation check but this seems to have no effect when the date is entered using the pop-up calendar tool. Thanks in advance. See answer in your other thread (programming) -- Regards Ron d...

New Inventory Item
Well, I've searched about 20 posts and have not found exactly what I am looking for but am relatively convinced that the following is not possible: GP 10 – I want to create a Business Alert that notifies us when a new Item is created in the item master. Ideally, I want to see the following: “IV00101.CREATDDT > TODAY – 1”. In other words, show me all the items created yesterday. My problem is I can’t seem to find a table that contains “Today”. I think my solution is to write a SQL Trigger, but that is well beyond my expertise. I appreciate any suggestions. ...

Excel Formula
I am using Excel 2002. I have a simple spreadsheet that shows; Employee Name Employee Hire Date Smith, Ann 08/14/2001 Is there a formula that I can write that will automatically compute how many years an employee has worked? I do not need it date specific as much as month specific. i.e. I would like to know all emloyees that have a hire date in August and how many years they have worked for our company through August. Hi, =YEAR(TODAY())-YEAR(A1) Where A1 is the cell housing your Hire Date. HTH -- Regards, Zack Barresse, aka firefytr "Penny" &l...

Missing Inventory Transactions
We recently discovered that all of our historical inventory transactions prior to a certain date are gone. I am fairly certain that we did not use the "remove transaction history" utility. 2 questions: 1. Is there any other way this history could be lost besides using the utility? 2. Is it possible, using a backup file, to restore this history? Thanks for any and all help. Loading from a backup file can be tricky. You would have to create a test company and restore your backup to that test company. Then open the history tables and delete all of the information currently in...