MS Mooney 2003 Freezes when pulldowns selected

    I installed Money 2003 back in January.  Ever since
that install I have problems with the application freezing
every  time I select a pulldown menu - for example if I
try to split a transaction between multiple categories and
try to use the pull down to select the category the
application freezes, and I have to Crtl-Alt-Delete to
claose the application.  I can close the application and
it will restart without rebooting the computer.

0
SandeenPA (3)
7/1/2003 2:03:47 AM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

it, I have tried reinstalling the application a couple of
times, and have routinely update using Money's internet
update feature.  I have also tried to find answers using
the MS knowledge base, but can't find anything applicable
in the knowledge base.

     Thanks for your assistance!

     Larry Sandeen

0
SandeenPA (3)
7/1/2003 2:20:24 AM
Does the sample file lock as well?

c:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\Sample.mny

Brian

"Larry Sandeen" <SandeenPA@Comcast.net> wrote in message

> [...]

0
none9275 (37)
7/1/2003 12:20:05 PM
Brian,
    Sorry I didn't reply sooner, yes, the sample file
locks exactly the same way.  This would seem to indicate
that the software is corrupted.  I did a clean install of
Money as per the knowledge base to clear up an issue with
OFX downloads, and that problem was resolved - so I feel
that my install is pretty solid.  Any thoughts?

   Larry

0
SandeePA (1)

MS Outlook 2007

Exchange 2003 Require a /3GB Switch with More Than 1 Gig RAM
Does Exchange 2003 require the /3GB Switch if you are running Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition. I know for Exchange 2000 they said you needed the switch if you are running Advanced or Datacenter but not Server. Just wondering what they recommend for 2003. 291988 A Description of the 4 GB RAM Tuning Feature and the Physical Address http://support.microsoft.com/?id=291988 Thanks, Fitz Crittle This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup "Kevin&quo...

Links in Outlook 2003 open Save As... dialog box
I'm not sure exactly when this started happening. Whenever I click a link in Outlook 2003 now, it opens the Save As... dialog box as well as the Website connected to the link. It doesn't matter what type of link it is; the dialog always shows up with the .exe file type selected. Any ideas? Does it oen the Save As dialog or does it open the Locate Link Browser dialog? In case of the last direct it to iexplore.exe -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "S...

MS Office 97 to MS Office 2007

Outlook 2003 Junk E-mail Filter Update: KB832333
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ad3699f7-5cc3-4604-a768-32c4d044b630&DisplayLang=en Note: While the update is live, as of this moment the corresponding KB article isn't. Hopefully it'll have some technical detail, but I'm not counting on it. "Milhouse Van Houten" <btvs@myrealbox.com> wrote in message news:ehCzlR6wDHA.2452@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ad3699f7-5cc3-4604-a768-32c4d044b630&DisplayLang=en > > Note: While the update is live, as of this moment the correspon...

migrate 5.5 mailbox to 2003
i'm trying to use migration wizard to migrte mailboxses fro 5.5(NT) to 2003 but i'm getting this error .Please if any one can help Failed to logon to the target mailbox with the address 'x500:/o=GOV/ou=EDUC/cn=Recipients/cn=test23'. Have you used ADC to replicate from 5.5 to 2003? "drabee" <drabee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8E5DCA60-13B9-47BD-B153-D3E3C13E8A23@microsoft.com... > i'm trying to use migration wizard to migrte mailboxses fro 5.5(NT) to > 2003 > but i'm getting this error .Please if any one can help >...

Automatic selecting and sharing of data accross worksheets
Imagine this is Sheet 1 NAME EYES JOB TRAN. EYES ---------------------------------------------- John blue doctor car blond Sarah green nurse bike brown Dave brown doctor walk grey Mike blue nurse car blonde I would like Excel to automatically select all rows/info of doctors and copy it to Sheet 2. So sheet 2 would be: NAME EYES JOB TRAN. EYES ---------------------------------------------- John blue doctor car blond Dave brown doctor walk grey P...

CDC::Polygon causing complete system freeze
Hi, I am having a problem with CDC::Polygon, unfortunately whenever I try to paint in a certain situation (horrible to explain, hundreds of lines of code) I get a crash... now, I have employed debugging messages dumped to file to attempt to resovle this, sufficed to say after a little matrix rotation and such I crash when trying to create a polygon from the following: pt 1 : 130 129 pt 2 : -2 129 pt 3 : -2 -3 pt 4 : 130 -3 The computer hangs, and short of hammering Ctrl + Break for the immediate 5 minutes it stays locked. Im not that much at GDI, can anyone spot any problems with the...

MS Exange connection

receiving mails errors on Exchange 2003
Hi, I've installed an MS SBS 2003, I've configured the exchange 2003 to my domain, but the problem is that I can send email's to some domain (there is one domain that I can't send to) but I can't receive from any domain. (MTA, POP3, exchange routing engine, management, exchange system attendant and exchange information store services are running) Can this be a problem of any default security (firewalls) settings that is installed by default with SBS 2003??? if yes, what I need to do? If anyone of you had this problem before or know the resolution of that, I'll be very ...

How do I do word count in MS Publisher?

Long Message delays in Exchange 2003 running on Server 2003
We're getting delays on e-mail, I've seen the "sent" time on the e-mail be both correct and also delayed as well. Often I will see a user get other e-mails just fine but e-mails from one domain will all drop into the mailbox at once several hours after the client has reported them being sent. I implemented message tracking; since that has been in effect I have tracked several e-mails that have been delayed or reported missing and have not seen any sign of them hitting our exchange and being delayed. E-mails from one client for instance had been working just fine, up until 9...

SBS 2003 and Outlook 2003 requesting data, freeze
I have two separate clients that are running the new SBS 2003 with XP workstations running Outlook 2003. Both randomly receive the messages: Outlook is requesting data from the server Outlook is trying to retrieve data from the Microsoft Exchange Server Client 1 Running 2 servers that each has a Dual GHz Xeon w/hyperthreading on with 4 gigs of ram. One server is running the SBS 2k3 and the other server is running a Win 2k3 as a terminal server. They are connected on a 1Gig backplane. 10 users total. Client 2 Running 2 servers. One server has a 2.GHz P4 w/hyperthreading on running SBS ...

MS Money 2005 Basics

MS CRM Certification question

can I make a empty priv1.edb database in Ech 2003 ??
need help new can I make a empty priv1.edb database in Ech 2003 ?? THANKS Sure you "can", but the question is why? If you want to create a new empty database, then you would dismount the Mailbox store, then delete, move or rename the existing files. Next, simply re-mount the Mailbox store and you will be presented with a message box indicating that new blank databases will be created and do you want to proceed. That's really all there is to it. If you have any mail in the old databases, I'd seriously recommend that you either rename or move them instead of dele...

Outlook 2003 / Exchange 5.5 Prompting Password
Our user and computer accounts are in an AD domain and our Exchange 5.5 Servers are in an NT domain with a two way trust to the AD user domain. Intermittently, Outlook 2003 will prompt for a username and password for the mailbox as though the trust is lost, though users are still able to access file servers in the NT domain which proves that the trust is OK. I have used AD Domains and Trusts to validate that the trust is fine both ways. Most of the time, Outlook 2003 opens fine, but when the prompts start appearing, it seems I need to restart the netlogon service on the AD domain contro...

MS Access

Access 2003 >> Access 2007 (Run-time error 2467)
Hi. I'm trying out how our access 2003 applications work in access 2007. Unfortunately, lots of forms refuse to open. Where the error occures is Form_Current event, which contains something like std = "SELECT ....." Me.Subform_Name![Field Name].RowSource = std The program reports an error: "Run-time error '2467': The expression you entered refers to an object that is closed or doesn't exist." Anyone has any ideas how to fix this? Technically, that shouldn't work in Access 2003 either, but it wasn't quite as sticky about the syntax. To refer t...

Outlook 2003 (Creating new email)
I have been creating new email for several months now using Outlook 2003. While I was creating some new rules for emails, I must have changed a setting. Now when I attempt to create a new email, it pulls up a template with wierd fonts, some of my typing doesn't show up on my screen as I am inputting, my signature I had created doesn't show up, and it has a different feel than the before? Any idea what I have done and what I should do to restore my previous settings? ...

Inserting Photos into a blank Publisher 2003 Document
When I go to insert & select a photo to insert, I can NOt see the photo but I can resize it. The graphics manager task pane shows all my pictures as "embedded"!? How can I stop photos from being embedded? They never used to be? Read the fourth FAQ here: http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Teresa K" <Teresa K@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14E724C7-EA35-496C-A657-3DF6AB723B0C@microsoft.com... > When I go to insert &...

Copying an Entire Outlook Email in 2007 (Ctrl-F in Outlook 2003)
I recently upgraded from Office 2003 to Office 2007. When I created an email message in Office 2003, I could hit Ctrl-F and it would copy the entire email and create a duplicate of the original email. In Office 2007, when I hit Ctrl-F the find function opens. Is there any way to copy an existing email and create a duplicate but separate email in Office 2007? The alternative is to create a new email, copy the text in the original email and paste it all into the second email. This is much slower. Using a mail merge is not appropriate because I have to put a unique attached fi...