MS Money's Budget tools?

Have there been any upgrades to MS Money's budget tools from 2003 to 2004?  I was very un impressed with how limited 2003 was as far as setting up a budget.  I'm considering upgrading to 2004, but only if the budget tools are better.

Thanks!
Mike
0
anonymous (74718)
10/20/2003 10:11:12 PM
money 28651 articles. 4 followers. Follow

If that's your criteria, don't upgrade. See
http://www.microsoft.com/money/info/upgrading.asp to identify budgeting
changes in the last several versions.

"Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Have there been any upgrades to MS Money's budget tools from 2003 to 2004?
I was very un impressed with how limited 2003 was as far as setting up a
budget.  I'm considering upgrading to 2004, but only if the budget tools are
better.

Pre-tax accounts & budgeting
OK... maybe I'm stupid, but how do I do the following? (Using Money 2003 Deluxe - Yes, I've suffered with this problem for 1.5 years now.) I have a medical pre-tax spending account set up on my paycheck so on my budget this amount shows under the "Transfer out of budget accounts" group (along with my 401k deduction). My pre-tax account is set up as an "asset" account. Here is my question. When I record an expense or withdrawl for a doctor's bill, etc., what category am I supposed to use? How does this whole process work? I knew how to do this in Qui...

MS Outlook 2007

Microsoft Money Plus #2
I got a new computer in April (Windows Vista) and installed Money Plus in May. For some reason, beginning yesterday (Sept 28) I cannot open the file. I always ran it "local" on my computer - not using the internet updates, etc. Can anybody help me get back in? Normally when I would click on the Money icon it would prompt me for my password. Now it prompts me to "accept" the Online Services Agreement and when I accept, it tells me that it can't load the Registration Library. ...

MS Office 97 to MS Office 2007

MS Exange connection

Money Plus Hangs at startup on Vista
I've tried installing both the Deluxe Trial edition and the full Deluxe install version from the (purchase) download site. In all cases, Money doesn't crash (as might be expected with DEP), it hangs after performing 18 I/O reads and 3 I/O writes. No splash screen or anything. I've tried everything I could find in this discussion group, but no go. It's not related to a Money file because a) I'm not even getting nearly that far, b) I've tried opening the sample one anyway. I've turned on SSL 2.0 and TLS 1.0 off. I never touched DEP, but turned it complete...

Tool Bar Won't Go Away
The "Microsoft Office Live Add-In" tool bar will not go away. I uncheck the box and that seems to work, however, when I close Excel and open it again, the Tool Bar is displayed again. This happens on all Office products, not just Excel. There must be a Registry Hack to avoid this. Thanks I resolved this when I went to Office 2007. "JCO" <someone@somewhere.com> wrote in message news:e9HGre5wJHA.1504@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > The "Microsoft Office Live Add-In" tool bar will not go away. I uncheck > the box and that seems to work, however, wh...

How do I do word count in MS Publisher?

MS Money 2005 Basics

MS CRM Certification question

capital gains for money market funds
Money market funds aren't supposed to have capital gain distributions, but this year two of mine did. The first (USAA) downloaded the transactions, and they appear as capital gains, which is good. The second (Fidelity) did not download, and I can't enter them manually, because capital gains are not an accepted. (For this reason, I also can't edit the first transactions.) I'm using 2007 Deluxe, by the way. Any ideas how to enter this, so my tax software reports match the 1099's? I tried manually editing a qif file, but Money changed it. Money won't allow ch...

M06 Deluxe Budgeting Issues
I am still trying to fix the budgeting feature in Money 06. I cannot switch from Essential Budget to Advanced and Essential Budget does not appear to work correctly. Let's start with Essential Budget: I have tried repairing the file both Quick and Standard without affect. I have tried deleting all Income and Expense without affect. However I have noticed that with all these deleted the budget looks strange. When looking at the Expense page the summary says $0 Income and $0 Expenses Net $0, but when looking at the Income page the summary indicates a $2960 expense for a Net -$2960 budge...

MS Access

Deleting Budgets???
I am using GP 7.5 and imported some budgets from Excel into Great Plains. I need to delete two of them and everytime I go to do it - Great Plains freezes up and I get the error that Program is not responding-end now or cancel. I have waited for hours and nothing happens. I have even tried deleting by account range and the same thing occurred. Has anyone else encountered this in the past??? Any help on this matter would be appreciated. thanks Barb ...

Starting MS Outlook on startup
How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? >-----Original Message----- >How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? > > >. > All you need to do is move the Outlook program icon to the startup group in XP. >-----Original Message----- >How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? > > >. >Double click My Computer, go into the C:\Documents and Settings\User\Start Menu\Programs\Startup Place an Outlook shortcut into this folder and it will automatically startup when...

Restarting MS Money with a "correction" switch
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_003B_01C3DDDC.D92AA4A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I currently use version 10 - 2002 Deluxe, and I need to startup MS Money = with a correction switch that I hope will correct some problems that I = have been having, but I can't seem to locate the post that talks about doing = this. Is it "msmoney.exe /s"? --=20 Russell (if replying, replace nospam with rpottharst) ------=_NextPart_000_003B_01C3DDDC.D92AA4A0 Content-Type: text/html; c...

Alternative to Ms sql server 2005 express edition
Hello Everyone, Our server hosting providers are saying that our web site is running slow because we are using ms sql server 2005 express edition which is a free edition and had only a capacity of handling up to 4 GB data. And our database which we are currently using is now having more than 4.5 GB. Hence they recommended us to go for a paid one that is specialized edition workgroup and gave us the following link http://www.microsoft.com/sqlserver/2008/en/us/editions.aspx to go through the comparison. The hosting providers says that it will be around 4500 rupees per month for ...

Mortgage Loan in Money 2005
I am trying to track my mortgage in Money 2005. The loan is a few years old and I cannot figure out how to show a loan intiation date versus the first payment. In other words, the loan was on January 1, 2002 but the first payment was not due until March of that year. As a result the payment is wrong so the amortization is wrong also. How do I set the loan origination date versus the first payment due date? I wouldn't worry the actual loan origination date. Money doesn't have a way to deal with this. You would be close if you set the loan up one month prior to the first payment. ...

Money 2.0
I have had to restore my computer and now can't get into Money 2.0. I get the message "A required .DLL file MNY0B99.DLL was not found." I don't know whether I have to download something or if there is some other reason I'm getting this message. Need help. Margie ...

MS Word Problem
Hello people following problem: in a MFC MDI application one also shall Being displayed Word97 document. And but not in an external program but as a one prayed OLE object. I have managed this. The following problem lets itself be seen now: if I maximize/reduce the main window the visible range of the Word document shall adapt the visible doesn't become however if I maximize the object frame of the OLE object Range of the document changed but Word zoom lens the document. To this the one prayed window is placed so for this these force Word-Scrollbalken are no longer visible. I can ...

MS Money Planner file
Hello I have a problem in MS Money 2004. Each time I open money I get the following error: "A file needed to run the Planner is either missing or corrupted. To resolve this problem, re-install money and then re open your money file". I have tried doing this but still keep getting the same error. Can anyone please advise? Thanks and a Happy New Year to all you kind souls out there. Dave Hello Glyn That seems to work for me. Thanks for taking the time and trouble to reply. Much appreciated. Hope you have a happy & prosperous New Year. Regards Dave "Glyn Simpso...

How does Money calculate ROI and Annual %Return
I don't understand the calculations money makes to report these two measures. Can anyone enlighten me on what exactly Money is doing to get ROI and Annual %Return? Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, John Hidley wrote: >I don't understand the calculations money makes to report >these two measures. Can anyone enlighten me on what >exactly Money is doing to get ROI and Annual %Return? See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;131664 Thank you. That is very helpful. Do you have a reference for the "Ann. Ret." which is shown as a % on the P...