MS Money Project Leader needs FIRED- NO SYNC?

What in the heck was the idiot project leader for MS Money thinking
when it was determined that Money 2007 shouldn't sync with a Pocket PC?
 And what is MS thinking when it determined that Windows Mobile 2005
wouldn't sync with ANY version of Money?

People, I thought software and PDA's were supposed to HELP with
productivity.  What idiot is running the show at MS for their Mobile
and productivity product lines?  These two decisions have immediately
kept me from buying MS Money 2007 (a product line I've used for YEARS)
as well as upgrading to a newer Pocket PC.

Way to go MS!  Fire the product project managers responsible for these
decisions.

money 28651 articles. 4 followers. Follow

They probably promoted them for saving the wasted investment with no hope of
a return. The shareholders were, no doubt, grateful.

<daworldwide@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> What in the heck was the idiot project leader for MS Money thinking
> when it was determined that Money 2007 shouldn't sync with a Pocket PC?
> And what is MS thinking when it determined that Windows Mobile 2005
> wouldn't sync with ANY version of Money?
>
> People, I thought software and PDA's were supposed to HELP with
> productivity.  What idiot is running the show at MS for their Mobile
> and productivity product lines?  These two decisions have immediately
> kept me from buying MS Money 2007 (a product line I've used for YEARS)
> as well as upgrading to a newer Pocket PC.
>
> Way to go MS!  Fire the product project managers responsible for these
> decisions.

MS Outlook 2007

Microsoft Money Plus #2
I got a new computer in April (Windows Vista) and installed Money Plus in May. For some reason, beginning yesterday (Sept 28) I cannot open the file. I always ran it "local" on my computer - not using the internet updates, etc. Can anybody help me get back in? Normally when I would click on the Money icon it would prompt me for my password. Now it prompts me to "accept" the Online Services Agreement and when I accept, it tells me that it can't load the Registration Library. ...

MS Office 97 to MS Office 2007

MS Exange connection

Money Plus Hangs at startup on Vista
I've tried installing both the Deluxe Trial edition and the full Deluxe install version from the (purchase) download site. In all cases, Money doesn't crash (as might be expected with DEP), it hangs after performing 18 I/O reads and 3 I/O writes. No splash screen or anything. I've tried everything I could find in this discussion group, but no go. It's not related to a Money file because a) I'm not even getting nearly that far, b) I've tried opening the sample one anyway. I've turned on SSL 2.0 and TLS 1.0 off. I never touched DEP, but turned it complete...

How do I do word count in MS Publisher?

Worker's Comp Report Doesn't need a page header between wc codes
V9 has added a page header between Worker's Comp Codes. We have 3 page headers on page 4 for example...another increase in report length. I just noticed the Days Worked column is the one that always has zero's. I wrote in a previous "suggestion" that it was Hours Worked. We could lose the Days Worked columnand have room on one line again for a person instead of ID and name on one line and data on the line below it. This make it very difficult to work with. Thank you very much. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the ...

MS Money 2005 Basics

MS CRM Certification question

how to stop outlook sync email beyond 30 days?
Hi, I just reload office in the new Win 7 system and setup email in outlook to retrieve from IMAP account. Outlook now is trying to retrieve the entire email which contain thousands of old email from last few years. So, how do I set a limit that it willonly retrieve email from last 30 days? Thanks Move them to another folder via the web access to your account and set Outlook not to sync that folder. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www...

capital gains for money market funds
Money market funds aren't supposed to have capital gain distributions, but this year two of mine did. The first (USAA) downloaded the transactions, and they appear as capital gains, which is good. The second (Fidelity) did not download, and I can't enter them manually, because capital gains are not an accepted. (For this reason, I also can't edit the first transactions.) I'm using 2007 Deluxe, by the way. Any ideas how to enter this, so my tax software reports match the 1099's? I tried manually editing a qif file, but Money changed it. Money won't allow ch...

MS Access

Starting MS Outlook on startup
How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? >-----Original Message----- >How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? > > >. > All you need to do is move the Outlook program icon to the startup group in XP. >-----Original Message----- >How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? > > >. >Double click My Computer, go into the C:\Documents and Settings\User\Start Menu\Programs\Startup Place an Outlook shortcut into this folder and it will automatically startup when...

Restarting MS Money with a "correction" switch
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_003B_01C3DDDC.D92AA4A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I currently use version 10 - 2002 Deluxe, and I need to startup MS Money = with a correction switch that I hope will correct some problems that I = have been having, but I can't seem to locate the post that talks about doing = this. Is it "msmoney.exe /s"? --=20 Russell (if replying, replace nospam with rpottharst) ------=_NextPart_000_003B_01C3DDDC.D92AA4A0 Content-Type: text/html; c...

Exc5.5: Schedule Availibility out of sync
Hi, we are currently still on Exchange 5.5 site with 6 exchange servers (Win2K, SP4, EXC 5.5 SP4). After moving public folders and system folders to a new server (replacing an old NT4-BDC exc bridgehead server to prepeare migration to exc-2003), we observe that some schedules are not having the correct data (a mailbox calendar displays different entries than visible via the scheduling planner - inviting a the person to an appointment...). The movement of the public folders and the system folders (addressbook, free+busy, etc.) was done by the microsoft recommendation "moving the first ...

Alternative to Ms sql server 2005 express edition
Hello Everyone, Our server hosting providers are saying that our web site is running slow because we are using ms sql server 2005 express edition which is a free edition and had only a capacity of handling up to 4 GB data. And our database which we are currently using is now having more than 4.5 GB. Hence they recommended us to go for a paid one that is specialized edition workgroup and gave us the following link http://www.microsoft.com/sqlserver/2008/en/us/editions.aspx to go through the comparison. The hosting providers says that it will be around 4500 rupees per month for ...

Mortgage Loan in Money 2005
I am trying to track my mortgage in Money 2005. The loan is a few years old and I cannot figure out how to show a loan intiation date versus the first payment. In other words, the loan was on January 1, 2002 but the first payment was not due until March of that year. As a result the payment is wrong so the amortization is wrong also. How do I set the loan origination date versus the first payment due date? I wouldn't worry the actual loan origination date. Money doesn't have a way to deal with this. You would be close if you set the loan up one month prior to the first payment. ...

Money 2.0
I have had to restore my computer and now can't get into Money 2.0. I get the message "A required .DLL file MNY0B99.DLL was not found." I don't know whether I have to download something or if there is some other reason I'm getting this message. Need help. Margie ...

MS Word Problem
Hello people following problem: in a MFC MDI application one also shall Being displayed Word97 document. And but not in an external program but as a one prayed OLE object. I have managed this. The following problem lets itself be seen now: if I maximize/reduce the main window the visible range of the Word document shall adapt the visible doesn't become however if I maximize the object frame of the OLE object Range of the document changed but Word zoom lens the document. To this the one prayed window is placed so for this these force Word-Scrollbalken are no longer visible. I can ...

MS Money Planner file
Hello I have a problem in MS Money 2004. Each time I open money I get the following error: "A file needed to run the Planner is either missing or corrupted. To resolve this problem, re-install money and then re open your money file". I have tried doing this but still keep getting the same error. Can anyone please advise? Thanks and a Happy New Year to all you kind souls out there. Dave Hello Glyn That seems to work for me. Thanks for taking the time and trouble to reply. Much appreciated. Hope you have a happy & prosperous New Year. Regards Dave "Glyn Simpso...

How does Money calculate ROI and Annual %Return
I don't understand the calculations money makes to report these two measures. Can anyone enlighten me on what exactly Money is doing to get ROI and Annual %Return? Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, John Hidley wrote: >I don't understand the calculations money makes to report >these two measures. Can anyone enlighten me on what >exactly Money is doing to get ROI and Annual %Return? See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;131664 Thank you. That is very helpful. Do you have a reference for the "Ann. Ret." which is shown as a % on the P...

Transfer or Withdrawl in Money 2004
Sorry if this is an elementary question but - I have accounts for a checking account and two credit cards and wondering what is the best way to input payments to the credit cards from the checking account or does it make any difference - here are my options and they both seem to do the same thing: 1) enter transaction via the Transfer (tab) with From: CHecking account and to: credit card account - this results in a transfer from the checking account in the credit card account or 2) Withdrawl (tab) From: Checking to: Transfer to Credit Card (category that is automatically included) - ...