MS Money 2007 Deluxe Scheduled Backups

I have scheduled backups set to perform a scheduled backup every 14 days.
I suppose the files wrote by this scheduled backup are named
"<name> Backup <n>.mbf". Most recent such file I can see in my directory
are more than 6 month old.
My settings seem correct.
How can I tell MS Money to perform scheduled backups again?
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Hakama wrote:

>I have scheduled backups set to perform a scheduled backup every 14 days.
>I suppose the files wrote by this scheduled backup are named
>"<name> Backup <n>.mbf". Most recent such file I can see in my directory
>are more than 6 month old.
>My settings seem correct.
>How can I tell MS Money to perform scheduled backups again?

In M07: Tools->Settings->BackupSettings
I suggest checking
 x Automatically backup my Money file every time I close Money
  Save in [a place on your hard drive ]
   x Ask me before backing up each time*
   x Compress Backup Files
   Keep only the _20_most recent backup files [adjust to taste]
   Make sure the SaveIn field is a place that exists. Browse to a
    location if you are not sure.

 x Perform scheduled backups every _14_ days
  Save in [a USB flash drive location]
   x Ask me before backing up each time*
   x Compress Backup Files
   Keep only the _2_most recent backup files [adjust to taste,
    but Money 2007 does not automatically trim to USB as it should]
   Make sure the SaveIn field is a place that exists. Browse to a
    location if you are not sure.

Then periodically, perhaps once per month or more, copy your latest
backup (uniquely named by Money) to a CDR.  With XP, this can be a
copy and paste operation.  Otherwise use the burning software that
came with your CDR drive.

I strongly suggest use of a USB Flash drive rather than floppies.
They are bigger, so you don't have to swap media to back up.  Plus
they are much more reliable (but not failure-proof).
0
via_newsgroup (13113)

MS Outlook 2007

pst backup utility reinstall
Hello all, I changed the user setting on my computer and reinstalled Office 2003. I then noticed that the backup utility for Outlook had vanished! I DL the PSBACKUP utility and when I went to install it, it would not load. Said that it was already loaded, and did I want to uninstall? OK, but it then said to uninstall it using the control panel. But it is NOT there! Any help? I love this little program. Thanks, John Does this article help: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810932&Product=out --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the g...

Scheduled Backup not working
Since we changed to GP 10.0 form 9.0 my scheduled company and database files are not backing up at night as scheduled. I can manually back them up. We have Server 2003 and MSSQL. I have checked and the MSSQL Agent is started. To test it I have changed the time to backup to backup up in couple of minutes and exit out of GP. I then wait and the backup file is no where to be found. When I go back in to the schedule backup screen it does change the date to the next day to be backed up on the schedule screen as if the backup was made. I have searched the folder where I told it to backup...

Microsoft Money Plus #2
I got a new computer in April (Windows Vista) and installed Money Plus in May. For some reason, beginning yesterday (Sept 28) I cannot open the file. I always ran it "local" on my computer - not using the internet updates, etc. Can anybody help me get back in? Normally when I would click on the Money icon it would prompt me for my password. Now it prompts me to "accept" the Online Services Agreement and when I accept, it tells me that it can't load the Registration Library. ...

MS Office 97 to MS Office 2007

Brand New to OL 2007
Is there a way to subscribe to some of the conversations here using OL 2007? I have recently found these discussion pages and am reeling from all of the info, but do not want to go to the MS web site every time to look for something. I am new to the whole RSS, newsgroup thing, but learning every minute. You can subscribe, but it doesn't always notify you. Better is to use an NNTP client to read the groups. You can mark threads to watch or drag them to a mail folder (in OE) to review later. If a thread has an answer and you want to save it, create a folder in Outlook then copy a...

MS Exange connection

Money Plus Hangs at startup on Vista
I've tried installing both the Deluxe Trial edition and the full Deluxe install version from the (purchase) download site. In all cases, Money doesn't crash (as might be expected with DEP), it hangs after performing 18 I/O reads and 3 I/O writes. No splash screen or anything. I've tried everything I could find in this discussion group, but no go. It's not related to a Money file because a) I'm not even getting nearly that far, b) I've tried opening the sample one anyway. I've turned on SSL 2.0 and TLS 1.0 off. I never touched DEP, but turned it complete...

How do I do word count in MS Publisher?

MS CRM Certification question

publisher 2007 printing
I preview a page, it looks great, but it won't print any of the borders around text boxes. Any ireas?? brian wrote: > I preview a page, it looks great, but it won't print any of the borders > around text boxes. Check the website of your printer manufacturer for an updated printer driver. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org "brian" wrote: > I preview a page, it looks great, but it won't print any of the borders > around text boxes. > Any ireas?? Brian, Right Click on the text box and choose edit text box. There are choice...

MS Money 2005 Basics

Outlook 2007 & CRM Outlook client (V3C), problem tracking appointm
Hello, I'm currently using Outlook 2007 with the latest CRM Outlook client (V3C). I have no problem adding emails to CRM with Outlook, but when I try to create a new appointment, the CRM section does not appear in the ribbon. After creating the appointment, if I highlight it in the calendar view and click on the "Track in CRM" button on the Outlook toolbar, I get the following message "This item type is not valid for promotion to Microsoft CRM". If I go back in my calendar to an earlier appointment that was created when I was using Outlook 2003, then everythi...

capital gains for money market funds
Money market funds aren't supposed to have capital gain distributions, but this year two of mine did. The first (USAA) downloaded the transactions, and they appear as capital gains, which is good. The second (Fidelity) did not download, and I can't enter them manually, because capital gains are not an accepted. (For this reason, I also can't edit the first transactions.) I'm using 2007 Deluxe, by the way. Any ideas how to enter this, so my tax software reports match the 1099's? I tried manually editing a qif file, but Money changed it. Money won't allow ch...

Access 2003 >> Access 2007 (Run-time error 2467)
Hi. I'm trying out how our access 2003 applications work in access 2007. Unfortunately, lots of forms refuse to open. Where the error occures is Form_Current event, which contains something like std = "SELECT ....." Me.Subform_Name![Field Name].RowSource = std The program reports an error: "Run-time error '2467': The expression you entered refers to an object that is closed or doesn't exist." Anyone has any ideas how to fix this? Technically, that shouldn't work in Access 2003 either, but it wasn't quite as sticky about the syntax. To refer t...

Copying an Entire Outlook Email in 2007 (Ctrl-F in Outlook 2003)
I recently upgraded from Office 2003 to Office 2007. When I created an email message in Office 2003, I could hit Ctrl-F and it would copy the entire email and create a duplicate of the original email. In Office 2007, when I hit Ctrl-F the find function opens. Is there any way to copy an existing email and create a duplicate but separate email in Office 2007? The alternative is to create a new email, copy the text in the original email and paste it all into the second email. This is much slower. Using a mail merge is not appropriate because I have to put a unique attached fi...

MS Access

Starting MS Outlook on startup
How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? >-----Original Message----- >How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? > > >. > All you need to do is move the Outlook program icon to the startup group in XP. >-----Original Message----- >How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? > > >. >Double click My Computer, go into the C:\Documents and Settings\User\Start Menu\Programs\Startup Place an Outlook shortcut into this folder and it will automatically startup when...

Restarting MS Money with a "correction" switch
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_003B_01C3DDDC.D92AA4A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I currently use version 10 - 2002 Deluxe, and I need to startup MS Money = with a correction switch that I hope will correct some problems that I = have been having, but I can't seem to locate the post that talks about doing = this. Is it "msmoney.exe /s"? --=20 Russell (if replying, replace nospam with rpottharst) ------=_NextPart_000_003B_01C3DDDC.D92AA4A0 Content-Type: text/html; c...

Exc5.5: Schedule Availibility out of sync
Hi, we are currently still on Exchange 5.5 site with 6 exchange servers (Win2K, SP4, EXC 5.5 SP4). After moving public folders and system folders to a new server (replacing an old NT4-BDC exc bridgehead server to prepeare migration to exc-2003), we observe that some schedules are not having the correct data (a mailbox calendar displays different entries than visible via the scheduling planner - inviting a the person to an appointment...). The movement of the public folders and the system folders (addressbook, free+busy, etc.) was done by the microsoft recommendation "moving the first ...

Alternative to Ms sql server 2005 express edition
Hello Everyone, Our server hosting providers are saying that our web site is running slow because we are using ms sql server 2005 express edition which is a free edition and had only a capacity of handling up to 4 GB data. And our database which we are currently using is now having more than 4.5 GB. Hence they recommended us to go for a paid one that is specialized edition workgroup and gave us the following link http://www.microsoft.com/sqlserver/2008/en/us/editions.aspx to go through the comparison. The hosting providers says that it will be around 4500 rupees per month for ...

Mortgage Loan in Money 2005
I am trying to track my mortgage in Money 2005. The loan is a few years old and I cannot figure out how to show a loan intiation date versus the first payment. In other words, the loan was on January 1, 2002 but the first payment was not due until March of that year. As a result the payment is wrong so the amortization is wrong also. How do I set the loan origination date versus the first payment due date? I wouldn't worry the actual loan origination date. Money doesn't have a way to deal with this. You would be close if you set the loan up one month prior to the first payment. ...