MS Money 2002 Stopped Working For Lots of Us... What is Happening Here?

This incident needs immediate adressing by Microsoft......
I think someone or a group of people are trying to access
MS Money accounts to obtain account information.

My story: While using MS Money 2002, I had a box pop up
that said "Important download has been applied to your MS
Money. Please close all applications and reboot".......
There was some additional instructions about opening Money
as an administrator once the computer was rebooted to apply
the patch. Once I did this, Money no longer started. I
tried to re-install, but it was futile.

I see lots of people have had this problem. Microsoft needs
to let us know what is going on here!

Barney
0
barneyt (1)
2/15/2004 5:26:44 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

I called today to Microsoft because I had called them yesterday, REINSTALLED
and it happened AGAIN. So, today, I spoke with Joanna regarding the issue,
told her of the newsgroup and that it was not JUST ME..She knew about the
situation and told me a PATCH was coming out TUESDAY. She is emailing me the
patch..This should be on the WINDOWS UPDATE because how else are all of us
going to receive it if we cannot even OPEN money?

"barneyt@cox.net" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This incident needs immediate adressing by Microsoft......
> I think someone or a group of people are trying to access
> MS Money accounts to obtain account information.
>
> My story: While using MS Money 2002, I had a box pop up
> that said "Important download has been applied to your MS
> Money. Please close all applications and reboot".......
> There was some additional instructions about opening Money
> as an administrator once the computer was rebooted to apply
> the patch. Once I did this, Money no longer started. I
> tried to re-install, but it was futile.
>
> I see lots of people have had this problem. Microsoft needs
> to let us know what is going on here!
>
> Barney

Thanks for the update! I am sure lots of people are
wondering what the h*ll happened. I, for one, was scared
that some subversive stuff was happening here!

Barney

0
anonymous (74721)
2/15/2004 7:03:08 PM
Me Too, or a Microsoft Ploy or Technique to make us UPGRADE
> Thanks for the update! I am sure lots of people are
> wondering what the h*ll happened. I, for one, was scared
> that some subversive stuff was happening here!
>
> Barney

MS Outlook 2007

Scheduled Backup not working
Since we changed to GP 10.0 form 9.0 my scheduled company and database files are not backing up at night as scheduled. I can manually back them up. We have Server 2003 and MSSQL. I have checked and the MSSQL Agent is started. To test it I have changed the time to backup to backup up in couple of minutes and exit out of GP. I then wait and the backup file is no where to be found. When I go back in to the schedule backup screen it does change the date to the next day to be backed up on the schedule screen as if the backup was made. I have searched the folder where I told it to backup...

Microsoft Money Plus #2
I got a new computer in April (Windows Vista) and installed Money Plus in May. For some reason, beginning yesterday (Sept 28) I cannot open the file. I always ran it "local" on my computer - not using the internet updates, etc. Can anybody help me get back in? Normally when I would click on the Money icon it would prompt me for my password. Now it prompts me to "accept" the Online Services Agreement and when I accept, it tells me that it can't load the Registration Library. ...

MS Office 97 to MS Office 2007

Rules don't work #2
I've read a few posts and haven't seen any useful advice. I've created the following rule: When messages arrive, forward to user@domain.com when from anotheruser@domain.com. The rule works fine, if I run it manually. It doesn't seem to work, however, "when the message arrives." My other rules are working fine, but some of the users in my office are having this problem occasionally. We are all on XP, using Outlook 2003 or 2000. Can anyone shine some light? -- Wack ---- This message will self destruct. ...

MS Exange connection

Money Plus Hangs at startup on Vista
I've tried installing both the Deluxe Trial edition and the full Deluxe install version from the (purchase) download site. In all cases, Money doesn't crash (as might be expected with DEP), it hangs after performing 18 I/O reads and 3 I/O writes. No splash screen or anything. I've tried everything I could find in this discussion group, but no go. It's not related to a Money file because a) I'm not even getting nearly that far, b) I've tried opening the sample one anyway. I've turned on SSL 2.0 and TLS 1.0 off. I never touched DEP, but turned it complete...

Weird thing happening
Hello, I have been using this same spreadsheet for months and then this morning I tried to sum up one of the columns and it is returning a zero. When I do an auto sum it won't even pick up the range. I have tried to paste special, I have looked at the format of the cells, checked every formula even the sum on the bottom of the excel screen doesn't work. All of the other column will sum. What's up? Denise It could be that some of your cells aren't formatted correctly. Look at some of the last cells that you entered your values into. Click on Format, Cells, 'nu...

How do I do word count in MS Publisher?

MS Money 2005 Basics

MS CRM Certification question

how to stop outlook sync email beyond 30 days?
Hi, I just reload office in the new Win 7 system and setup email in outlook to retrieve from IMAP account. Outlook now is trying to retrieve the entire email which contain thousands of old email from last few years. So, how do I set a limit that it willonly retrieve email from last 30 days? Thanks Move them to another folder via the web access to your account and set Outlook not to sync that folder. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www...

capital gains for money market funds
Money market funds aren't supposed to have capital gain distributions, but this year two of mine did. The first (USAA) downloaded the transactions, and they appear as capital gains, which is good. The second (Fidelity) did not download, and I can't enter them manually, because capital gains are not an accepted. (For this reason, I also can't edit the first transactions.) I'm using 2007 Deluxe, by the way. Any ideas how to enter this, so my tax software reports match the 1099's? I tried manually editing a qif file, but Money changed it. Money won't allow ch...

Work spreadsheet issue
If I have multiple rows of data on a worksheet and on another worksheet I want various counts of rows that have certain things in common, how would I do that? Thanks. -- jenrenea ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jenrenea's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23098 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=373900 Can you provide a sample of your data along with your expected results? -- Domenic ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Domenic's...

MS Access

Starting MS Outlook on startup
How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? >-----Original Message----- >How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? > > >. > All you need to do is move the Outlook program icon to the startup group in XP. >-----Original Message----- >How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? > > >. >Double click My Computer, go into the C:\Documents and Settings\User\Start Menu\Programs\Startup Place an Outlook shortcut into this folder and it will automatically startup when...

Restarting MS Money with a "correction" switch
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_003B_01C3DDDC.D92AA4A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I currently use version 10 - 2002 Deluxe, and I need to startup MS Money = with a correction switch that I hope will correct some problems that I = have been having, but I can't seem to locate the post that talks about doing = this. Is it "msmoney.exe /s"? --=20 Russell (if replying, replace nospam with rpottharst) ------=_NextPart_000_003B_01C3DDDC.D92AA4A0 Content-Type: text/html; c...

Stop marketing list being added to Campaign Activity
Is anyone aware of a way in MS CRM 3 of stopping the marketing lists associated with the main campaign from being added to newly created campaign activities by default? ...

Alternative to Ms sql server 2005 express edition
Hello Everyone, Our server hosting providers are saying that our web site is running slow because we are using ms sql server 2005 express edition which is a free edition and had only a capacity of handling up to 4 GB data. And our database which we are currently using is now having more than 4.5 GB. Hence they recommended us to go for a paid one that is specialized edition workgroup and gave us the following link http://www.microsoft.com/sqlserver/2008/en/us/editions.aspx to go through the comparison. The hosting providers says that it will be around 4500 rupees per month for ...

Stopping Excel converting 1/02 to a date
I have a requirement to create a text file with a .XLS extension to allow the user to open the file by association but there is a column of data that has the format 1/02. When I create a delimited text file with the .XLS extension Excel converts 1/02 to a date of 01-Feb. Is there any way to prevent this conversion and leave the data as 1/02? I know that you can add a ' before the text but this is then also displayed where the user only wants to see 1/02 in the cell but as a text value. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hi Mark two ways: - precede your entry with an apostro...

Mortgage Loan in Money 2005
I am trying to track my mortgage in Money 2005. The loan is a few years old and I cannot figure out how to show a loan intiation date versus the first payment. In other words, the loan was on January 1, 2002 but the first payment was not due until March of that year. As a result the payment is wrong so the amortization is wrong also. How do I set the loan origination date versus the first payment due date? I wouldn't worry the actual loan origination date. Money doesn't have a way to deal with this. You would be close if you set the loan up one month prior to the first payment. ...

Moving Works Spreadsheets to Ofice Excel 2003
I operate windows xp and have been using the ms works spreadsheets program. I recently purchased the Office 2003 with excel and want to move the works file to excel. How is this process done. Hi John! In Works you can save to Works 2.0 format which Excel will open or save as an Excel file. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. John, Your works spreadsheets are probably in your my documents area of xp. Go into Excel, open the works spreadshe...