MS Money 2000 - Updating quotes

I bought my copy of Ms Money 2000 whilst in the US.
I moved back to the UK and changed the base currency to GBP.
Now when I try to update stock quotes, I get a response that says I have to
re-install.
I have the original CD but I am not sure if the problem will go away.
Anybody have a solution that will enable me update my quotes?
Other aspects work well.

--
I2CanWin
I know I have a brain

money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Outlook Tiime Zone Update Using Batch File
Hello, I am running the following batch file against a test Computer OU: ECHO ON COPY \\NETWORKSHARENAME\OUTLOOKTIMEZONEUPDATE C:\ C:\TZMOVE.MSI PAUSE DIR "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\Office Outlook Time Zone Data Update Tool\TZMOVE.EXE" The files copy to the C: drive root correctly and Outlook 2002 is already installed on the PC, has a profile setup and the path to the .pst file is available and has a calendar entry after March 11, 2007. The Outlook time zone update tool installs and is visible in Add/ Remove Programs. It does not seem to run the TZMOVE.EXE prope...

Continued use of current Money Program
If I continue to use my current Microsoft Money program (v. 17.0.120.1415), will I be able to keep using the program minus the conectivity to quote updates. etc? Or must I go with the Sunset version? -- In microsoft.public.money, JoeInWisconsin wrote: >If I continue to use my current Microsoft Money program (v. 17.0.120.1415), >will I be able to keep using the program minus the conectivity to quote >updates. etc? Or must I go with the Sunset version? You will be able to use Money Plus. However you will not be able to install and activate onto a new or repair...

Money 2000: Cannot set up web express
Whenever I try to set up web express (to see my data online), I get "Sorry, unable to synchronize. Problem setting up web express." Is this feature still available? ...

importing ".dbx" inbox file into outlook
I am having trouble importing or opening my old mail that was backed up onto cd from my old laptop (outlook express) inot my new laptop, (outlook 2003). the files are sved ont he cd aas "dbx" files and not ".pst" files. i've tried saving them on onto my HDD and removing the "read only" check, but but when i tryu and "open" the file with outlook, it tells me that this is not a "win32 application"? any suggestions?? You must first configure them with Outlook Express and then export them from within OE to Outlook -- Robert Sparn...

Resize check box and have "x" instead of a check
Is it possible to resize the size of the check box? I know I can resize the text portion of a check box, but I would like to make the box larger. I would also like to change the check mark to an 'X', is that possible? Thanks Tim Tim, It is not possible to change the size or use a 'X'. There is a way to simulate. Use 2 Label. 1: Borderstyle: 1 Name: Chk1 Caption: "X" Font: The size you like Size: to fit the "X" Location: Where you like it to be 2: Borderstyle: 0 Name: Lbl1 Caption: Your text Font: The size you like Size: minimaal...

Trouble with "... attempting to change the same data at the same t
I have an Access 2007 Front End linked with a ODBC driver to a MySQL database in a multiuser environment. I have a problem with a form that shows me the values of a particular table. Until a couple of days ago, when any users deleted a record, it works perfectly. But since yesterday, when anyone tries to delete any record, Access shows a dialog box with the following message: “The Microsoft Office Access database engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time.” It happens no matter if the record that I was try...

Updating Accounts via MSN/Yodlee
Hello - I have two credit card accounts with institutions that do not support direct downloads themselves, but work through the MSN/Yodlee servers (CapitalOne & Bank of America). I have noticed that if I leave Microsoft Money running for a while, and do an "Update Now", these two accounts typically generate an "Update Unsuccessful" message. However, if go to moneycentral.msn.com, choose the "My Money" tab, and sign in immediately before the update, it typically works! Perhaps it has something to do with my Passport/Live ID credentials expiring and n...

MS Money & Firewalls
Hello, I have installed the trial version of Money 2004 and have a problem downloading stock quotes, apparently this is due to my Zone alarm firewall and Norton antivirus. Does anyone know a workaround to solve this problem? I have tried installing the program while having both security programs disabled but it doesn't help. Thanks in advance Christy You have to completely uninstall the firewall; install Money; then reinstall the firewall. Make sure you disconnect from the Internet whilst vulnerable! -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http:...

MS Office for Mac
I'm in the process of purchasing a MAC, but need to know if MS Office for MAC include their One Note application. I use this app extensively for work and it may be the deciding factor. I searched and googled everything possible, but couldn't find the answer. Anyone know? In article <1191605020.863852.230030@o80g2000hse.googlegroups.com>, espinosa.pablo@gmail.com wrote: > I'm in the process of purchasing a MAC, but need to know if MS Office > for MAC include their One Note application. I use this app extensively > for work and it may be the deciding factor. No ...

Customization of MS Outlook 2003
I need to customize 'New Meeting Request' feature of MS Outlook 2003 . I need to add an additional Tab called 'Meeting Facility Details' under 'New Meeting Request' section. On this new tab page, meeting organizer can select meeting room from the available list of rooms, he also can enter various facilities(Projector,Intercomm etc.) required during the meeting. Please can anyone tell me as to how to go about this using .net/office sdk/any other. ...

MS Office Live Add-in toolbar
Is there a setting anywhere to prevent the "Microsoft Office Live Add-in" toolbar from loading ever time excel is started? I have tried deselecting in Tools > Customize to no avail. Sandy Hi Sandy, Follow this link http://www.microsoft.com/DownLoads/details.aspx?familyid=91FE0002-EB00-434B-8726-27911326D2B2&displaylang=en Scroll to the bottom and read "To uninstall this download". Regards Paul "Sandy" <sandy_stephen@DELETEhotmail.com> wrote in message news:A8AAAF2B-9BD0-4415-8912-84B45D945CB3@microsoft.com... > Is there a setting anywhere...

Multiple Outlook Today Files in OL 2000 Folders
I have 3 copies of identical Outlook Today folders. If I send or receive a message, a copy goes to all three. When I right click on one of the mirror folders and select "close personal folders", I get the message that I cannot close a a personal folder that contains the calendar, contacts and POP mailbox. Yet all of them contain the same things. I did search for a resolution at MS, but could not find anything on point. I'm baffled. Hello Stephen, I guess your profile is corrupt. Create a new profile and you will see only one personal folder. -- Thomas Wetzel Synchro...

Concatenating two conditions in a "IF" Formula.
Hi, Can anyone advice me how to concatenate two conditions in a "IF" formula? Thanks and regards. Ringo Hi do you mean something like =IF(AND(A1=1,B1=2),"Match","no match") -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "ringo tan" <ringotan@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:A9C0093A-7C59-4F9F-A6ED-2B4CA57694DB@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Can anyone advice me how to concatenate two conditions in a "IF" formula? > > Thanks and regards. > > > Ringo Maybe..... =IF(AND(A1=1,B1=2),CONCATENATE(A1...

Outlook 2000
I need to know how/if I can create a rule so that when I open an email it is moved to a second folder upon opening. I am trying to prevent 2 people from working on the same email at the same time. If there are other ways to do this, I am all ears. Thanks for the help. Jason You can set up a rule to forward mail to a recipient or a rule to move email to a folder based on key words or sender. So, I suppose that you could set up rules forwarding email from certain people to one worker and from others to another worker (you could also do this by key word). Hope this helps. >----...

Defrag database exchange 2000
Hi, I was just wondering if I am on the right track regarding the following problem I have. I have a Exchange 2000 Enterprise Server and 1 of my Information Stores had close to 30 users and is now down to 2 users but the database has not shrunk. I am wondering if this is the exact command I need to do to shrink the DB. eseutil /d <database file> How long should I expect the defrag to last when a exchange db was 50GB and is shrinking to 2GB. The server is a Dual 3.2Ghz machine with 4GB of Ram. Thanks, George S. You're on the right track yes. The command is correct. You ...

Money 2005 on XP 64
I'm having an issue with Money 2005 exiting to the desktop when I attempt to do an "update now" for online services. I never had this issue when running Windows 2000. The program seems fairly stable otherwise, but continues to drop to the desktop every time I go to that menu. This is mainly an issue because two of my accounts fail to update automatically (which, again, was never a problem in the past). The rest of my accounts update correctly. I've re-established the login information for both accounts just to make sure it wasn't password related and that didn'...

Problem Money 200
Hi, i use Money 2000 from 7 years in Italian version. Microsoft in last year not release italian version. I try use money 2005 trial but i don't convert file. How can buy new version if don't recover my data? How can convert my data if possible? I don't think that Microsoft no permit to recover data, i think that no possible. How can solve my problem? Raffaele ...

moving the .pst file from 98 to 2000
I got a newer laptop that is running Win 2000. My old laptop is running Win 98. I want to move all my outlook info from the old laptop to the new but it looks like Win 2000 doesn't use the .pst file scheme. How do I move everything over? I tried to import the .pst into outlook 2000 but after it ran, it terminated outlook. When I restarted outlook, it still wasn't there. Thanks, Mike OL2K uses the pst also, unless you've set it up in exchange mode. Dont import, simply, in OL, File/Open/Personal Folders.browse to pst. If copying pst to default folder ensure names of old pst a...

outlook wont allow me to open MS Word email attachments
I am having trouble trying to get into my emails through both Outlook and on msn messenger. Basically, it tells me the attachments are not available to open! even though they open on other machines when forwarded etc!! HELP What version of Outlook are you using? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer paul B <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | I am having trouble tryi...

Money 2005 help is infecting my PC
I'm having a serious problem with MS Money 2005 premium. Every time I launch help (which appears to be browser-based), my antivirus (Trend Micro) immediately warns of a realtime detection of various trojans. The trojans are advanced enough to mostly get past Trend Micro and infect my PC anyway. It happened again last night. After I manually clean up I submit the files to Trend Micro for analysis and each time this has resulted in new patterns being created. If I remember the count right this has happened five times over the last two years. (I don't launch help that much, and th...

Import Moneycounts 9.0>Money 2003
Is there a way to import Moneycounts 9.0 accounts and transactions into Money 2003? I know nothing about MOneycounts, but does it have any export options? -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or email mnyukwsh@microsoft.com especially if it's a UK specific wish. I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money "Doug" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

mail merge will not accept zip codes that start with a zero "label
my mail merge will not accept zip codes that start with a zero or end with a dash and four more numbers how do i format either excell or word so that i can print out my labels with the proper zip codes Debra Dalgleish posted this: There's an article on the Microsoft web site that might help you: Answer Box: Numbers don't merge right in Word http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/assistance/HA011164951033.aspx And if you prefer the old Mail Merge helper, Word MVP Suzanne Barnhill has instructions here: http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/CustomizingWord2002.htm about half w...

Natural Language "keywords" in Advanced Find
I know how wonderful Natural Language can be, in advanced find, and am thrilled that "relative" date searches are back in OL2003. However, I want to save a search for all emails created 2 WEEKDAYS AGO, and am at a loss to what N.L. keywords are available to me. Is there a source list, anywhere, for what words are RECOGNIZED by the natural language in Outlook? You'll have to experiment and see what works. I have some keywords in various articles at slipstick.com and outlook-tips.net, but there isn't a master list. AFAIk, 'weekdays' is not one of the words outlook...

Update list box
I have a form to update a list box. Everything works well but the user must hit "enter" after imputing a new item or the value will not be updated in the list box. All edits to list box work, but new fields require the "enter" key to be pressed. How can I program the "enter" key in VB in a close button. So far I have tried the following: Private Sub Command4_Click() DoCmd.Restore Forms("frmVictim").lstVictim.Requery DoCmd.Close End Sub I'm unclear on what you are trying to do... Listboxes are predefined lists of items... why would...

KB953297 update error (microsoft.net framework 1.1 service pack 1)
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Security Update for Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 R2 (KB953297) Help, I've tried numerous times to install this update and it keeps failing. What can I do? You aren't alone. I have the same problem. Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Security Update for Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 R2 (KB953297) Will not install. It tells me I already have it on my computer (and I do) but I...