MS$ 2007 Not Updating (Kinda)

I have Money Deluxe 2007. When I try to perform updates of my accounts, it
will stay forever with the text of "Updating in Progress", but the updating
symbol on the top right of the Accounts list will eventually stop spinning
and become a red "x". None of my accounts will have updated.

As soon as I modify what to download and uncheck my stocks and mutual funds,
the download will work properly. All of my stocks and mutual funds are
updating fine, whether I manually run the update or it automatically updates
them.

Does anyone know what is going on here?

Thanks,
Merg

--
Today's problems don't worry me,
I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, The Merg wrote:

>I have Money Deluxe 2007. When I try to perform updates of my accounts, it
>will stay forever with the text of "Updating in Progress", but the updating
>symbol on the top right of the Accounts list will eventually stop spinning
>and become a red "x". None of my accounts will have updated.
>
>As soon as I modify what to download and uncheck my stocks and mutual funds,
>the download will work properly. All of my stocks and mutual funds are
>updating fine, whether I manually run the update or it automatically updates
>them.
>
>Does anyone know what is going on here?

I think you may be saying that in AccountList->Update you un-check
everything under the AccountTransactions in the
ChooseInformationToUpdate, but still leave the
NewsQuotesAndOtherInformation box ticked, you do not get an error
indication. Yet you still see new transactions in the registers, and
not just prices, appear.

Is that what you are describing?
0
via_newsgroup (13113)
6/7/2009 2:15:39 PM
The opposite actually... If I leave everything checked, it seems to go into
limbo for updating accounts although stocks and fund get updated. As soon as
I uncheck the stocks and funds box, the accounts update fine.

- Merg

--

> In microsoft.public.money, The Merg wrote:
>
>>I have Money Deluxe 2007. When I try to perform updates of my accounts, it
>>will stay forever with the text of "Updating in Progress", but the
>>updating
>>symbol on the top right of the Accounts list will eventually stop spinning
>>and become a red "x". None of my accounts will have updated.
>>
>>As soon as I modify what to download and uncheck my stocks and mutual
>>funds,
>>the download will work properly. All of my stocks and mutual funds are
>>updating fine, whether I manually run the update or it automatically
>>updates
>>them.
>>
>>Does anyone know what is going on here?
>
> I think you may be saying that in AccountList->Update you un-check
> everything under the AccountTransactions in the
> ChooseInformationToUpdate, but still leave the
> NewsQuotesAndOtherInformation box ticked, you do not get an error
> indication. Yet you still see new transactions in the registers, and
> not just prices, appear.
>
> Is that what you are describing?

MS Outlook 2007

Outlook 2003 Junk E-mail Filter Update: KB832333
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ad3699f7-5cc3-4604-a768-32c4d044b630&DisplayLang=en Note: While the update is live, as of this moment the corresponding KB article isn't. Hopefully it'll have some technical detail, but I'm not counting on it. "Milhouse Van Houten" <btvs@myrealbox.com> wrote in message news:ehCzlR6wDHA.2452@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ad3699f7-5cc3-4604-a768-32c4d044b630&DisplayLang=en > > Note: While the update is live, as of this moment the correspon...

MS Office 97 to MS Office 2007

Can't Update Store Register Information
I was going to add a second receipt printer to one of my register's, but when I hit the OK button, I get an error: "Insufficient key column information for updating or refreshing". I am running RMS 1.2.0189 with 4 stores and HQ. The server is running windows server 2000 with SP4 and had SQL 2000 with SP3a. I decided to update SQL to SP4 last night, but that didn't solve my problem. To further test things, I attempted to add a new register into the system and it gave me the following error: "Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'StoreID', table &quo...

Outlook 2007 Contacts, Activities tab
Hi, I just found the Activities button for Outlook contacts. It would be really cool, but for me it's incredibly slow, much slower than when I do a search for that person using Windows Search. Do you know if contacts-activities uses -- or can be configured to use -- Windows Search? Thanks, Doug -- hanhartd http://forums.slipstick.com No, it can't. Generally speaking, once it does the search its much faster for at least the next few days. Because you're searching in a window, you can go work on other things in Outlook while the search completes. -- D...

Brand New to OL 2007
Is there a way to subscribe to some of the conversations here using OL 2007? I have recently found these discussion pages and am reeling from all of the info, but do not want to go to the MS web site every time to look for something. I am new to the whole RSS, newsgroup thing, but learning every minute. You can subscribe, but it doesn't always notify you. Better is to use an NNTP client to read the groups. You can mark threads to watch or drag them to a mail folder (in OE) to review later. If a thread has an answer and you want to save it, create a folder in Outlook then copy a...

MS Exange connection

How do I do word count in MS Publisher?

auto file path update when excel sheet moved to another directory.
Hello, I've been working on a huge excel file for a while and I'm trying to make it easier to use. My problem is that when it is moved from the template folder to a working folder the formulas referencing a file in the template folder have their path changed in the formula and have to have the links updated. Since the file is protected it's impossible for the users to chance the source. It's wierd because it will still pull information, but if information is changed in the external data file the updated doesn't get ported over. I need some like the $ command to ...

MS Money 2005 Basics

publisher 2007 printing
I preview a page, it looks great, but it won't print any of the borders around text boxes. Any ireas?? brian wrote: > I preview a page, it looks great, but it won't print any of the borders > around text boxes. Check the website of your printer manufacturer for an updated printer driver. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org "brian" wrote: > I preview a page, it looks great, but it won't print any of the borders > around text boxes. > Any ireas?? Brian, Right Click on the text box and choose edit text box. There are choice...

MS CRM Certification question

Problem with TransferSpreadsheet in Access 2007
I'm having a problem with the TransferSpreadsheet method in Access 2007. The TransferSpreadsheet method is exporting a query to Excel, and it has been working fine under Access 2002. Under 2007, however, Access seems to truncate up some of the query column names, with the result that Access doesn't recognize them and prompts me for values for those columns. The problem is reproducible, occurring on the same columns every time. If I open the query directly the column names are fine and it exports to Excel with no problems; it seems to happen only with the TransferSpreadsheet meth...

Access 2003 >> Access 2007 (Run-time error 2467)
Hi. I'm trying out how our access 2003 applications work in access 2007. Unfortunately, lots of forms refuse to open. Where the error occures is Form_Current event, which contains something like std = "SELECT ....." Me.Subform_Name![Field Name].RowSource = std The program reports an error: "Run-time error '2467': The expression you entered refers to an object that is closed or doesn't exist." Anyone has any ideas how to fix this? Technically, that shouldn't work in Access 2003 either, but it wasn't quite as sticky about the syntax. To refer t...

Copying an Entire Outlook Email in 2007 (Ctrl-F in Outlook 2003)
I recently upgraded from Office 2003 to Office 2007. When I created an email message in Office 2003, I could hit Ctrl-F and it would copy the entire email and create a duplicate of the original email. In Office 2007, when I hit Ctrl-F the find function opens. Is there any way to copy an existing email and create a duplicate but separate email in Office 2007? The alternative is to create a new email, copy the text in the original email and paste it all into the second email. This is much slower. Using a mail merge is not appropriate because I have to put a unique attached fi...

MS Access

Outlook 2007 #30
I do have a basic older version of Outlook on my PC, however when I go to use my Outlook 2007 the program wants to know if I want to have my hotmail account run thru my Outlook. And yes I do but for some reason it cannot find my account so therefore I cannot use my Outlook wizard.....HELP! ...

PowerPoint 2007 Hang problem
I'm tearing my hair out. I'm trying to insert a video file into PowerPoint 2007. It works on a colleagues laptop which is the same spec as mine but all I get is an hourglass. The .wmv plays find in windows media player. It hangs mplay32.exe. Where do I start? You probably need a codec. Head to http://www.playsforcertain.com and hit the Tutorials link. There is good information about troubleshooting and links to some codec packs.... -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyan...

Problems with Exchange Search in 2007
I'm having problems with Exchange Search in 2007. Accounts that I have migrated from 2003 servers are unable to use Exchange Search in OWA. They get the error message "Search results may take a long time to appear because Microsoft Exchange Search is unavailable. Results will not include matches in the e-mail body." Accounts that are created new with their mailboxes on 2007 servers do not have this problem. Test-ExchangeSearch returns False for migrated users, True for newly created ones. The search service is running and indexing is enabled for this database. I use...

Starting MS Outlook on startup
How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? >-----Original Message----- >How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? > > >. > All you need to do is move the Outlook program icon to the startup group in XP. >-----Original Message----- >How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? > > >. >Double click My Computer, go into the C:\Documents and Settings\User\Start Menu\Programs\Startup Place an Outlook shortcut into this folder and it will automatically startup when...

Restarting MS Money with a "correction" switch
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_003B_01C3DDDC.D92AA4A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I currently use version 10 - 2002 Deluxe, and I need to startup MS Money = with a correction switch that I hope will correct some problems that I = have been having, but I can't seem to locate the post that talks about doing = this. Is it "msmoney.exe /s"? --=20 Russell (if replying, replace nospam with rpottharst) ------=_NextPart_000_003B_01C3DDDC.D92AA4A0 Content-Type: text/html; c...

Update/Append Queries minus confirmation Dialouge
Does anyone know how to silence the confirmation dialogue appear when you run an update or append query. The first message box asks for confirmation before you run and update table records. The second shows the number of records that will be updated. I'm trying to automate an application with various queries and macros and need to eliminate these message boxes from the end-user. Thanks for the help! News, In a macro, you just need to put a SetWarnings/No action before the first OpenQuery action. -- Steve Schapel, Microsoft Access MVP news.newsguy.com wrote: > Does anyo...