Mortgage Loan in Money 2005

I am trying to track my mortgage in Money 2005. The loan is a few years old
and I cannot figure out how to show a loan intiation date versus the first
payment. In other words, the loan was on January 1, 2002 but the first
payment was not due until March of that year. As a result the payment is
wrong so the amortization is wrong also. How do I set the loan origination
date versus the first payment due date?
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

I wouldn't worry the actual loan origination date. Money doesn't have a  way
to deal with this. You would be close if you set the loan up one month prior
to the first payment. Tell Money the principal, term, and payment and let it
figure the rate.

You might be able to do it by setting it up as though the first payment was
due February 1, then change the bill series first date to the actual first
date.

There are lots of possibilities similar to above. You could play around with
it in a copy of your file until you get something that you like.

"Lost_in_Moab" <Lost_in_Moab@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to track my mortgage in Money 2005. The loan is a few years
old
> and I cannot figure out how to show a loan intiation date versus the first
> payment. In other words, the loan was on January 1, 2002 but the first
> payment was not due until March of that year. As a result the payment is
> wrong so the amortization is wrong also. How do I set the loan origination
> date versus the first payment due date?

Money update worthless again
After finally getting a message that I had to reset up my accouts, and going thru the whole drill for half an hour, the update worked, for a week. Now tells me to logon to the account online and fill out information requested - NONE - and come back. Well, still get the same useless message. Doesn't seem to be being worked on. Guess that they are never going to get this right. Contact MS Technical Support. Tell them to escalate it to 2nd-tier support, since first level is useless. That's what happened to me; after several days of fighting with them, the 2nd-tier support ...

How to change monthly mortgage payment to biweekly?
Using Money 2002 Deluxe: I'm set up on a monthly basis at present but will shortly be making b-weekly mortgage house payments. How do you change money without lsoing all the history? Thanks! Just change the scheduled payment frequency. Don't change the loan. (Here I'm assuming that you are just making extra payments and have not been sucked into one of the deals where they "manage" your biweekly payments for a nice fee. If the latter is the case, then you might consider closing one loan and opening another.) "Pauldcwa" <pauldcwa@comcast.net> wrote in...

Moving Money
I've just purchased a new computer and need to move Money to that new computer. I do not have any disks to load it as it came installed on the old computer. I did download an upgrade several years ago. What do I need to do? -- Katie In microsoft.public.money, Katie wrote: >I've just purchased a new computer and need to move Money to that new >computer. I do not have any disks to load it as it came installed on the old >computer. I did download an upgrade several years ago. What do I need to do? Copy Money (*.mny) and backup files (.mbf) are copied to a spot that ...

Average return money 2007
Anybody know if money 2007 calculates an average per year % return rate in portfolio/investments. The closest thing I see in annulized return on your investments, is this the same thing? "Richard" wrote: > Anybody know if money 2007 calculates an average per year % return rate in > portfolio/investments. The closest thing I see in annulized return on your > investments, is this the same thing? "Richard" wrote: > Anybody know if money 2007 calculates an average per year % return rate in > portfolio/investments. The closest thing I see in annuli...

I can't save data on Microsoft Money 2004 running on Vista 64bit
In microsoft.public.money, Ian wrote: It won't do any good, but I'll try to remember to add this to the umpmfaq... "Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message news:6d0nv4dpq7t24u67ng3rcps4f0b2j322da@4ax.com... > In microsoft.public.money, Ian wrote: ...

unmatch transactions money 2005
I would like to unmatch transactions that were downloaded but the help directions in money seem to be incorrect. it states "To unmatch all the matches Money has made, in the left pane, click Reconcile transactions, and then click Undo all transaction matches. You can then review each transaction and decide whether to keep it as a new, separate item." Well, Reconcile transactions doesn't seem to exist in the left pane as does undo all transaction matches. Am I just retarded or does money have some hugh quality problems? Hi Jack, I have not actually clicked on the "U...

Money 2007 Deluxe and SP1 Update
When I start Money 2007 I am told there is an important update (or something similar) and to click OK to download. I click download and it appears to download. Then when I restart Money 2007 I am told the update failed and to try again. Running XP Pro SP2 MS is currently having a problem with the download updating I suggest contacting them at 1-866-834-8741 or waiting a couple days and trying again for now you can click Cancel Steve "RHinNC" <rhinnc@[get rid of this] hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OTGcB1yCHHA.4292@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > When I start Money 2...

FIND the BEST MORTGAGE RATES,mortgage calculators,Second mortgage
http://www.webfreeguide.com/Mortgage-Brokers.aspx Mortgage Brokers Directory has a large list of mortgage companies in the United sates,UK,Canada and Australia.you can find the best mortgage rates,mortgage calculators,mortgage refinancing sources,second mortgage,mortgage quotes,bad credit mortgages and lot's of other online mortgage informatoin here. http://www.webfreeguide.com/Mortgage-Brokers.aspx ...

BigInt, ADP (Access 2000 file format) & SQL Server 2005
I created an ADP that points to a SQL Server 2005. I use a BigInt columns in a couple of tables. I haven't been able to format these columns (clicking on property Format in ADP for the column I don't get the list of the formats (General Number, Currency, Standard...). Any ideas why this happens? Any ideas how to solve the problem? On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 07:55:01 -0800, Sara4 <Sara4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Idea: write your own format expression. See the help file on Format > Numeric formats. -Tom. >I created an ADP that points to a SQL Server 2005. I use a B...

Money 2003 #17
Hello, I previously had Money 2001. Now I have Money 2003. With 2001 I was able to project my future bills/deposits in the bills/deposits menu. In other words, I was able to determine how much money was going to be in my account at any given time greater than the upcoming month. I could select a custom date, and project out my bills/deposits for two or three or even six months. For some reason I can not figure out how to do this in bills/deposits for the Money 2003 version. Am I missing something, is there a way to do this? Please help if possible, this feature made my budgeti...

Mortgages and Credit Cards
I need help/advise with my mortgage account and associated checking account. Here's what I have: My mortgage payment comes directly out of one of my checking accounts every month. I go online, the information is downloaded, everything is cool. I set up a mortgage tracking account in Money, entering all the information correctly, including that the payments come from the afore mentioned checking account. This is supposed to track how much I owe on the principle as well as let me know how much of my payment is actually being applied to the principle. What's happening is th...

Money Link #2
The Ultrasoft Money Link for 2006 is now available at: http://www.ultrasoft.com/MoneyLink/download.shtml -- Michael Gordon MVP ...

My Top Complaints about Microsoft Money
These "issues" have been with Money for as long as I can remember, even though I upgrade every year like an idiot. Each year they add more crap and less things that actually help me manage my finances. Top issues I would like to see fixed: 1.) Bulk Operations - Can I please say "accept all" for downloaded transactions? Do I really have to download a 3rd party macro key recorder to say "Yes" 239 times when I download trades? How about multi-select and bulk delete / edit so I can clean things up at once, or at least let the DEL key do a delete not say "are...

Budget and Mortgage
My Mortgage payment does show up under the Debt section in my budget. My Mortgage payment category is Loan Payment: House Loan in my checking account from which I pay my mortgage. So far so good. However when I run the budget - spending report. The Budget column does not show the budget amount for the Mortgage. The Actual column does under the Debt Category does. It thus looks like I spent more, when this item is actually budgeted. This does not make sense. MSMONEY documentation is POOR. Why cant we have a complete comprehensive ..pdf style documentation as is expected with any comme...

SQL Server 2008 R2 Native Client backward-compatible to SQL 2005/2008??
We have several different SQL Server versions in our datacenter, with SQL Native Client 9.00.1399.06 on our Citrix servers. The above SQL Native Client goes with our Great Plains app client, it's possible we will have a new, higher-level SQL Native Client installed by another application client... Can different Native Clients exist on the same server, can newer Native Clients accommodate older SQL Server versions and applications??? Issues or 'gotchas' I should know about?? Thank you, Tom tom12010 (tlyczko@gmail.com) writes: > We have several different SQL Se...

loan split info weirdness
Hi, not sure how to describe this problem as I am not sure where it is occuring so I will attempt to be as detailed as possible. I have a payee for my mortgage payments and have about 10 transactions listed that are not split and showing the calculated priciple amounts (those that are split are numbered 1 to 50, the ones causing grief are unnumbered). This payee is listed of course in a loan I have an asset listed as my house with the aforementioned loan associated with it. When I go to the associated loan account for this asset all of the payments show with their associated breakdo...

Online update of Money 98
In my post of Sep. 6, I wrote that I was getting error messages when I tried to update investment accounts in my Money 98 program. Richard Bollar, MVP, wrote that older versions of Money could only download a few quotes at a time. I tried taking out a number of symbols (10-15) by unchecking them before completing the online quote update activity but that didn't seem to work. Now what? Is there information available with respect to how many symbols (accounts) Money 98 can handle when you go to online quotes to update the your investments. In my case, I had 35 accounts (symbo...

Mortgage Cycling Pays Off Mortgage Early With Mortgage Reduction
Mortgage cycling allows you to build at least $40,000 worth of home equity in a very short period of time without making any changes to your current mortgage. Pay your mortgage off faster than using a biweekly mortgage plan. With Mortgage Cycling you don't need to be an expert with mortgages or a math wizard either. Mortgage Cycling will benefit you whether you're a first time homeowner or a veteran real estate investor. http://mortgageyd.blogspot.com/# ...

Unable to open Money Plus
When I open Money Plus I get a message that says my email or password are incorrect. I have tried changing the password but continue to have the same problem. The last time I used the program last week I did not have a problem. What do I need to do to open the program now? In microsoft.public.money, aaron wrote: >When I open Money Plus I get a message that says my email or password are >incorrect. I have tried changing the password I hope that does not complicate things. > but continue to have the same >problem. >The last time I used the program last week I did not hav...

Importing Money files
I just purchased MS Money 2004 and wanted to import my existing files on MS Money 3.0. Having trouble doing this. Have any suggestions? One suggestion: you throw us some bones as to what you've tried and why it isn't working (error messages, etc.) We try to help where we can, but this isn't news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.money.psychic_troubleshooting. "Steve M" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03ac01c3bced$0739ded0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I just purchased MS Money 2004 and wanted to import my > existing files on MS ...

upgrade to money 2005
Hello, I recently received an e-mail from my bank stating that they will no longer be supporting MS Money 2000. I have enjoyed the use of this program, however do NOT wish to lose any financial information I have saved. When I upgrade ... 1. Do I delete the OLD Money program first ? Saving my *.mny file for upgrade purposes. 2. Do I leave the program installed and let the new money over-right the old program ? thanks for your help, Jason Already replied to. "Jason & Debbie King" <Jason & Debbie King@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03FFB93C...

MS Money Mortgage Account
I currently running MSM03. I have a mortgage account set up for the monthly payments. I set the account up based upon the amount of loan, monthly payment, rate and escrow details. When I pay the mortgage from my checking account, it automatically calculates the principal and interest per the orignal set up. Recently the calculated values are incorrect. For instance this month, an 1,800.00 payment should have calculated the payment to be ~801 (P) and ~789 (I), plus fixed excrow. It instead calculates tne principal as ~1,500.00 splits the fixed escrow and then calculates the interest as wh...

Coverting Quicken 2005 to Money 2006 Deluxe Trial
I have downloaded the Money 2006 Deluxe Trial Version. In order to try it out, I am attempting to convert my files from Quicken 2005 (specifically Quicken 2005 Premier Release R 5). I ran the Validate operation in Quicken and closed the program. Then I copied the data files into a new directory. I started the Money Trial and started the Converter Wizard. After a few minutes, it returns the message: "Your Quicken file could not be converted." Is there any way this can be corrected so that I can try out the program. Otherwise, I guess that I will have to stay with Quicken. I...

problems opening money
My husband was deleting some programs that had downloaded themselves onto our computer and when he rebooted, Money began install again. I show both the program and the money file still on the computer. How can I fix this? I'd reinstall Money and tell you husband not to muck where he knows not. "Kim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:052001c3d410$d48cd330$a601280a@phx.gbl... > My husband was deleting some programs that had downloaded > themselves onto our computer and when he rebooted, Money > began install again. I show both the pr...

Money 2000 Data File Not Converting Into Money 2007
When I open my old Money 2000 data file in Money 2007, Money offers to - and subsequently goes through the process to - convert it to Money 2007 format. It says that it's completed successfully, yet after it's finished, nothing's there !! No accounts, no bills - nothing !! And the original file has been changed or replaced (thank God I have backups !!!) because it won't go through the conversion process a second time if I try to open the file again. I haven't been able to apply SP1 and SP2 (see my other post in this forum) so I don't know if this issue is fixe...