Mortgage/Loan account question

I have setup my morgtgage in Money 2005 S.B.  I went back to my previous
payemnt (haven't had it long) transactions in checking and changed the
category to split Loan:Principal Payment, and Loan:Mortgage Interest with the
correct amounts in each.

Now I need to get things fixed in one other spot.  If I go to Account List,
I have Home under Loans & Liabilities.  Looking at my account register, all
of the transactions are there.  Problem is, when I go into each transaction
it is split.  the first line in split, is no category, description of payment
is Payment, and Amount is the total of my payment.  The next line is
Loan:Mortgage interest.  The third line is Loan:  Principal Payment.  If I go
in to correct these values, Money asks me if "I really want to save this
deposit that is categorized as an expense.  I may have chosen the wrong
category.

What should be in these split lines for categories?  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Mike
0
Mike1154 (1216)
1/17/2005 5:05:01 AM
money 28651 articles. 4 followers. Follow

Setting up an escrow account
We have a separate savings account to act as a sort of escrow account for large expenses like car insurance, homeowner's insurance, car maintenance, etc. that come every year or every six months. Does anyone know how to create an escrow account in Microsoft Money (if this is possible)? We put a certain amount of money into this special savings account each month and want to account for that in our budget since we are obviously taking it out of our checking. But, when we go to pay one of these expenses, is there a way to "zero" the budgeted item to start over with tracki...

Question about exchange in sbs
Hello, I am new to small business server. Downloaded it and installed trial today. Can I use exchange only for offline personal folders, shared contacts and calendars, etc. but still use my web host company email accounts? I have no desire to bring web hosting or email servers on site but I still want the full features of Outlook and exchange when people are at work. Thanks, "Splunk" <george@waypointsigns.com> wrote in message news:3377533d-cbd1-4be4-ba78-d5809f5fc6d6@13g2000prl.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > I am new to small business server. Downloaded i...

How to change monthly mortgage payment to biweekly?
Using Money 2002 Deluxe: I'm set up on a monthly basis at present but will shortly be making b-weekly mortgage house payments. How do you change money without lsoing all the history? Thanks! Just change the scheduled payment frequency. Don't change the loan. (Here I'm assuming that you are just making extra payments and have not been sucked into one of the deals where they "manage" your biweekly payments for a nice fee. If the latter is the case, then you might consider closing one loan and opening another.) "Pauldcwa" <pauldcwa@comcast.net> wrote in...

Two Questions
I am using W98 and Excel 2K 9.0 Question 1. On my sheet I print the column letters and row numbers. I have cells that contain comments such as 'Total of Rows 5 To 8' or 'Row 15 Less Row 23'. The numeric portion of these comments, 5, 8, 15 and 23, represent actual row numbers. If I insert or delete a row it now makes the comments wrong and they must be changed. Is there a way to structure these comments so the numeric portion is a variable that will change as rows are inserted or deleted? Question 2. I have a column, say column C, where rows 5 to 10 contain numeric data. Row 1...

Two part question
I know how to take an Email list in my Access database and to generate Emails from it. What I need now is a little more flexibility in that email, I need to use a voting button. Is that possible? ...

FIND the BEST MORTGAGE RATES,mortgage calculators,Second mortgage
http://www.webfreeguide.com/Mortgage-Brokers.aspx Mortgage Brokers Directory has a large list of mortgage companies in the United sates,UK,Canada and Australia.you can find the best mortgage rates,mortgage calculators,mortgage refinancing sources,second mortgage,mortgage quotes,bad credit mortgages and lot's of other online mortgage informatoin here. http://www.webfreeguide.com/Mortgage-Brokers.aspx ...

noob question
We are currently running sharepoint on a server2003 r2 machine. A recent addition of data took it over the 2gb limit so now we are unable to do anything with the site. Rather than battle with this problem it makes more sense to consider an additional server running SQL server to host it. Does this make sense? What would you recommend for the installation? At the moment it is a single server installation, running Exchange with approx 25 users Thanks in advance. If this is an inappropriate ng then doubtless someone will tell me Geoff ...

Account setup is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. #2
Has anybody seen this message before? I recently purchased Money 2006. I have been getting that same message when I try to provide my username and password for about 4 different accounts. In microsoft.public.money, DVANCE wrote: >Has anybody seen this message before? I recently purchased Money 2006. I have >been getting that same message when I try to provide my username and password >for about 4 different accounts. If those institutions are shown as "third party" at http://www.microsoft.com/money/bankonline.aspx, try again tomorrow. You would be held back by the pro...

Rule to assign account to incoming mail
I apologize for the cross-posting, but I couldn't figure out which of these groups would be the most relevant to my question. I have been using Outlook at work for a number of years but have used neither it nor Express at home. Instead I have through the years used Eudora and more recently, Pocomail. There would be many advantages for me to move to Outlook (like a unified contact file instead of separate address books), but there is one thing standing in my way. I own my own domain. I have a number of email addresses that use the same pop server for retrieval. For example, the default ...

new account
need help in setting up account need my incoming and outgoing address for verizon.net Look on the Verizon.net website for the instructions for using their mail account in Outlook. Every ISP has this on their websites. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, finishup asked: | need help in setting up account need my incoming and outgoing address | for verizon.net ...

Disabling Exchange 2003 account
Is there a way that I can disable a mailbox without disabling the Active Directory account associated with it? You can "delete" a mailbox (mark it for deletion), but otherwise there is nothing to "disable". Being mailbox-enabled is an attribute of the user account. If you right-click on the user account and choose Exchange Tasks, you will be presented with a list of Exchange-related tasks that you can perform, such as deleting the mailbox, removing Exchange attributes, etc. Can you state what your desired end result is? -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne ...

Duplicate account
Hi, I have an MBNA CC, and for some weird reason there are 2 "ghost" accounts appearing as "MBNA CC #1" and "MBNA CC #2". I have been incapable of deleting those accounts. Each time I delete them, they reappear once I re-launch Money, or when I update my accounts. MBNA doesn't support IE 7 and I've been unable to succesfuly connect to them. I tried twice, and those two attempts are probably the source of those ghost accounts. I know update the account manually. Because I never succesfully established a connection, the MBNA account is not liste...

I did a reset account of a computer account in AD which is an exchange server #2
How can I get the exchange to talk back to the AD again ... Thanks Andy ...

Budget and Mortgage
My Mortgage payment does show up under the Debt section in my budget. My Mortgage payment category is Loan Payment: House Loan in my checking account from which I pay my mortgage. So far so good. However when I run the budget - spending report. The Budget column does not show the budget amount for the Mortgage. The Actual column does under the Debt Category does. It thus looks like I spent more, when this item is actually budgeted. This does not make sense. MSMONEY documentation is POOR. Why cant we have a complete comprehensive ..pdf style documentation as is expected with any comme...

Formula Question #18
Hi all... I am trying to figure out how to build a formula in Excel. What I want to do is to be able to calculate a loan value. I know the interest rate, the # of payments and the month principle and interest payment I want to make. I am essentially trying to figure out how much house I can afford. Is there a way to do this in Excel? Thanks Jeff Take a look at the PV() function in XL Help. In article <eSMmWjFAIHA.4592@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl>, "Jeff Cichocki" <jeffc@belgioioso.com> wrote: > Hi all... > > I am trying to figure out how to build a fo...

Radio Button Question #2
I want to add several radio buttons to a dialog but the default style is BS_AUTORADIOBUTTON and the buttons end up being mutually exclusive. How do I make them completely independent? Thanks again! Ron H. ----------------- www.Newsgroup-Binaries.com - *Completion*Retention*Speed* Access your favorite newsgroups from home or on the road ----------------- Radio button was designed to behave that way and that has nothing to do with BS_AUTORADIOBUTTON style. Radio button’s default styles do not include WS_GROUP style and that makes them to belong to a group. Read about "WS_GROUP&quo...

Debug vs Release...Some questions...Please Help...
Hi All, Thanks for all the previous help thus far on my little project! This may be a basic question but can someone describe the differences between a Debug build and Release build. 1) Which build does all variables get initialized? 2) Why does a release build execute fine but the debug version bring up assertions,exceptions, etc? The reason I am asking this question is I have application (exe) that runs fine in Release mode but the Debug versions cause different exceptions and asssertions to occur and I am trying to figure out why they are occuring and if in certain circumstances if thi...

Quicken Import & Online Download has Messed Up Accounts
I'm a new Money 2005 user. Was using Quicken and got a new Notebook with Money Standard preinstalled. Liked it, and disliked Quicken's new version. But I use my desktop for my finances, not my notebook, so I downloaded the trial from the MS site, and I'm going to purchase it. My problem: I imported my Quicken data, and then I set up automatic online downloads. So I have multiple instances of some accounts. I know there is a "Merge Accounts" feature, but before trying it I took a good look at all the accounts, and I beleive I will end up with a real mess if I merge...

where can i find an expense account form
I need a simple expense account form that we can use in our company for recording weekly expenses. A form that will calculate the mileage into dollars based on government allowable cost per mile, etc. Thank you for your help. Lloyd Marsters 978/251-2223 Microsoft has one he http://tinyurl.com/7aejs I haven't looked at it so I don't know what it will do. lem3rd Wrote: > I need a simple expense account form that we can use in our company for > recording weekly expenses. > A form that will calculate the mileage into dollars based o > government > allowable cost per mi...

When to use contact and account
We are working on MS CRM for a retail bank. It has both individual customers and corporate customers. Considering the requirement we thought of storing both of them in the Account entity. Is this a good approach or will it have any impact on the OOTB functionality. Should we be using contact for Individual customers? Thanks, MVJ On Jan 12, 7:47=A0pm, mvj123 <mvj...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We are working on MS CRM for a retail bank. It has both individual custom= ers > and corporate customers. Considering the requirement we thought of storin= g > both of them i...

Registry settings question for RPC over HTTP
First off, I have it working on our SBS 2003 Premium (with Exchange SP1) box. However, I have seen a number of conflicting reports as to what RPCProxy registry settings are required. I have it working with the following: "ValidPorts"="MyNetbiosServer:6001;MyServerFQDN.mydomain.com:6001;MyNetbiosS erver:6004;MyServerFQDN.mydomain.com:6004;MyNetbiosServer:1-65535;MyServerFQ DN.mydomain.com:1-65535" I've seen other entries documented like the following: "ValidPorts"="MyNetbiosServer:6001-6002;MyServerFQDN.mydomain.com:6001-6002; MyNetbiosServer:60...

How to view transactions by account?
I'm running a view transactions by account report. I want to view the contributions (transfer) from my checking to Roth IRA retirement account. I select the IRA account, all categories, and all types of transactions. This shows the contributions into that account and also the buys of stock, which cancel out the contributions. It looks like this: buy investments (150) Transfer from checking 150 buy investments (200) Transfer from checking 200 This causes the running balance to be zero. I'd like to see total contributions for a specific time period wi...

Right Item sold wrong customer set for store account.
We just closed out the billing cycle for the last month and found that one of our in house store accounts had no balance due to the fact that the sale was rung up on the wrong one. Is there any way to change the billing customer so that the reciept with the digital signature will show up with the right customer? I know that I could just void the sale but like I said then no signature or correct date at the time of sale. Thanks for any help. -- Steve ...

Mortgages and Credit Cards
I need help/advise with my mortgage account and associated checking account. Here's what I have: My mortgage payment comes directly out of one of my checking accounts every month. I go online, the information is downloaded, everything is cool. I set up a mortgage tracking account in Money, entering all the information correctly, including that the payments come from the afore mentioned checking account. This is supposed to track how much I owe on the principle as well as let me know how much of my payment is actually being applied to the principle. What's happening is th...

Mapping question 02-02-05
Hi All! I want to add on account form new field that mapped to some user. Something exactly like "owner". I've looked through Development Manager and could find a way. Can I? If so need step by step assistance. Thanx for advance. you mean you want to add a field that allows you to choose a user? Lookup fields cannot be added to crm. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Andrey Ptashinskiy" <ptash@mail.ru> wrote in message news:1107358906.599467.57490@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi All! > I want to add on account form new...