Monthly reports in Money 2004 Standard

Is there a way to customize the categories used to compose the Monthly
Reports?  I would like to omit my business travel and living expenses from
these reports, as they are fully reimbursed, and have nothing to do with my
household finances.  Can this be done in 2004?  If not, has this feature been
rolled into newer versions?
0
bob2246 (10)
8/27/2005 10:48:02 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Monthly reports are not customizable in any version of Money that is in the
wild.

"bob2246" <bob2246@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to customize the categories used to compose the Monthly
> Reports?  I would like to omit my business travel and living expenses from
> these reports, as they are fully reimbursed, and have nothing to do with
> my
> household finances.  Can this be done in 2004?  If not, has this feature
> been
> rolled into newer versions?

How to reallocate investment lots in Money 2004?
I'm trying to reallocate lots for investment transactions in 2004. The help system says "right-click the sell transaction in portfolio investment activity view and select 'reallocate lots' from the shortcut menu". I cannot find this option anywhere. I believe I used it in earlier versions. I need to reassign sale by tax lots for my 2003 activities to FIFO across all investments. thanks Otipher On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 18:42:16 -0800, "Otipher" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm trying to reallocate lots for investment transacti...

Reports listing discounts
Is there a report out that will list all of the discounts that are listed under Database | Discounts? Also, is there a report that will show an item list, with the name of the discount sceme? Any help would be great. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0020_01C88B80.0741B2C0 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1"; reply-type=response Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Try this one Craig "Steve Curtis" <sbc_services@frontiernet.net> wrote in message news:Osud7a5iIHA.4080@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Is th...

Money 2002 Error 1406 during installation
When trying to install Money 2002 Deluxe & Business I get "error 1406 - Could not write value Default Visible to key\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions\{E023F504-0C5A-4750-A1E7-A9046DEA8A21}. Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact support personnel." I have to abort the installation as the retry key won't allow me to continue. Any ideas how to install the money 2002 program without getting the error message? ...

lost two months of received emails
Help I lost about 2 months of received emails. They are not in my deleted folder. I already tried the pst restore utility. Thanks ...

Money for Mac
Do users here believe that someday MS will make a Money for the Mac. Reason is, I have been using Money forever on my PC but recently bought a Mac and would love to run the program on my Mac and get away from Windows totally. The few programs available for the Mac <Quicken, MoneyDance, Ibank> seem to be lacking in functionality and support. I wouldn't bet a penny on it if I were a billionaire. But I could be wrong. They could announce it tomorrow. "HowdyDoody" <howdy@doody.com> wrote in message news:bgtfp397g9uuric9ecijra7neohg3hjbum@4ax.com... > Do users here...

Access to web page for OFX Driver for Money 98
When a file is downloaded from my financial Inst. in the ofx format money 98 says need a file update and askes you to launch your browser to the following web page http://www.microsoft.com/money/ofx This page however is never available for viewing. I have yet to be able to access this page to gain access to the driver needed to fix money 98 to import the ofx files. Any suggestions??? "Ken O'Dell" <kdodell@nwlink.com> wrote in message news:045c01c340d3$5abcb6e0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > When a file is downloaded from my financial Inst. in the > ofx format money 98...

Drop Down List / Open Report
How do I go about setting my Combo Box to open any one of my ten reports i.e.: rptCharge1.....................rptCharge10 Do I put there name in the Row Source Value [Value List] Row Source ;rptCharge1; What would have the Event OnClick Thanks for any Help....Bob On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 11:11:57 +1200, "Bob V" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote: > > >How do I go about setting my Combo Box to open any one of my ten reports >i.e.: rptCharge1.....................rptCharge10 >Do I put there name in the Row Source Value [Value List] >Row Source ;rptCharge1; >What wou...

TEST ESSENTIAL REPORTS
Just for fun, I would like to see what the essential reports, budgets, accounts, etc. look like in Money 2005. I am scared to try it for fear it won't let me get back to advanced. Has anyone played around with it AND got back to advanced with no problems. Thanks for your input. Steve Can't say that I did, but I did get stuck in 'Essential' (read: Essentially Worthless) budgets. Had to reimport everything but it was easier the second (or is this third?) time through. I _have_ successfully avoided the duplicate unmergeable accounts on the subsequent attempts. The reason they...

IIf in a report based on select query -- problem w/parameters
I have a report based on a select query. I've added a column in the report to add information into the report based on whether or not two values within the query are equal. The following code is in the unbound text box of my report (created using expression builder). =IIf(MG8!Cust_First_Order_Date_Time=MG8!OrdFlow_Actual_End,"1","0") When trying to run the report I get the "Enter Parameter Value" window requesting a parameter of MG8. Entering any or no parameter returns my report with "1" in all rows (which is not correct based o...

Office 2004: Upgrade on OSX from OS9
We have office 2004 installed and I have just had a machine go down. We were unable to reinstall Tiger so purchased Leopard and installed. As our copies are upgrades we need access to previous installation. When we originally migrated from office 98 we had then classic environment but now we don't. Any pointers would be welcomed. Thanks Carl Thomas Pindar www.pindar.com "carl.pindar@gmail.com" wrote: > We have office 2004 installed and I have just had a machine go down. > We were unable to reinstall Tiger so purchased Leopard and installed. > As our copies are upgrad...

Convert years:months to months
Hello- I am hoping to use Excel to convert data that inputted in a years:months format to just months. For example, I want to translate 5:3 to 63 months. I'm running into one hiccup: Excel views the inputted data as time and is translating it into 5:30 AM, making calculations challenging Does anyone have any tips? =HOUR(A1)*12+MINUTE(A1)/10 you may need to format the cell a General as Excel can be overhelpful and use a time format best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "Jen" <jvarley@u.washington.edu> wrote in ...

This Month and Last Month
In the same query, I am trying to get two counts so I can compare them in a pivot table. I have ServicesID ServicesDate I want a count of ServicesID for the current date this month AND a count of ServicesID for the same date last month in the same query. Any ideas? Use a subquery to get the count of services for the same date last month. Here's an example of how to do that sort of thing with a subquery: http://allenbrowne.com/subquery-01.html#YTD That example does year-to-date calcuations, but the process is the same. In your case you will be counting the ServicesID field where ...

Money 2004 Small Business #6
Dear all, I'm using the Mones 2004 Small Business edition and Money for Pocket PC which has been configured properly so that i have no problem synchronizing regular data. But i can't synchronize data from my small business related features i.e: "Payment for invoices" category, thus making my balance and transaction details to differ between my desktop and my pocket pc. I realize that the Money program can only sync a limited number of categories between the 2 devicesm but is there anyway to go around this particular problem? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciate...

MONTH(a1)
I'VE ACHANGEABLE NUMBER IIN a1 AND I PUT IN b1 "=MONTH(A1) IN ORDER TO GIVE ME THE MONTH'S NAME WHEN I CHANGE THE NUMBER IN A1 BUT IT DDINT WORK WHY? PLZ HELP THANXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX FOR AL -- frs ----------------------------------------------------------------------- frsm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3123 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=51453 I believe you have to have a date in A1, not just a number. HTH Regards, Howard "frsm" <frsm.23jpcy_1140468300.4445@excelforum-nospam.com...

Reports Don't Show Invoices as Income
Money 2005 Small Business; Version 14.0.150.1105 I've setup clients, services, and invoices. I run any of the business reports and none of the "invoice income" shows up as income. When the invoice payments are deposited, the Category is "Payment for Invoice". Why wouldn't all invoice payments show up as revenue or income? When I try to customize the report via Customize->Category->Set Income Categories, the "Special: Payment for Invoice" is not available. I would think/hope that payment for invoices should be considered revenue by defau...

Month By Month report
Does anybody have an RMS HQ sales report which would show sales in � by month? Ideally each month across the top of the page, and each department/catagory/supplier down the left of the page, with the value of sales each month. I would run this for the period of a year and it would show all my catagory sales per month etc. thanks Phil I am sending you the reports, once get then rate it. "Philip Gass" wrote: > Does anybody have an RMS HQ sales report which would show sales in £ by > month? > > Ideally each month across the top of the page, and each >...

Spanish language on Money
I have microsoft money in my computer (i buy with it), it is in English, i want to change to spanish...How can i do that? Thanks! Unfortunately you can't unless you purchase a Spanish version of Money -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or email mnyukwsh@microsoft.com especially if it's a UK specific wish. I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money "Mc&qu...

Reports Error #3
When I try to run a report in CRM 1.2 I get the error below. Can anyone narrow down exactly what what might be causing it? I've just redeployed the server, moved the databases, run the redeployment wizard, created a new reports database, used the backup and publishreports tool. But when I try to run the reports I get this error. Aaron Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft CRM Event Category: None Event ID: 1 Date: 11/13/2004 Time: 3:04:06 AM User: N/A Computer: WIN2K3CRM01 Description: MSCRM Application Error Report: -------------------------------------------------------------...

re: Report informaion in Alphabetical order
I wold like to put all the information i have on my report in the Alphabetical order of the field name "book title" So i would like the record "Author" and "publisher" and "ISBN" to b assorted accordingly. I managed to do this a table and a form, (very easily simply by pressing the 'sort in asscending order' button that has a AZ on it and an arrow, similar t the button found on Excel. And depending on the column you have high lighted (in my case "book title") it sorts that alphabetically and all the other field move accordingly. How ca...

Money 2007 and Online Updates with BOA
I've been happily / successfully using the integration between Money 2007 and BOA for many years. Recently I had my small business account tied to my personal BOA login so I could see it when I was logged into my personal stuff. The problem is that Money saw the new account at BOA and setup a new account for me in Money. Problem is that I don't track this account in Money and do not want this single account to download. Is there someplace in Money's Online management services that allows me to pick / choose which accounts I want to synch? In microsoft.public.money, Matt...

BUG REPORT: CStdioFile::GetLength() and unix-style text files
Not sure if this is the best place to report this or not. If we should be sending this elsewhere, please notify and we'll do that. We've discovered that when reading unix-style text files (i.e. files using LF to terminate lines instead of CR LF), CStdioFile::GetLength() can cause problems. Specifically, during the below read loop, the call to CStdioFile::GetLength() appears to disturb the file pointer at times, causing it to backup in the file to previously read content. CStdioFile fp; fp.Open("file",CFile::modeRead); CString line; while (fp.ReadString(line)) { // do...

FRX Reporting to Excel
We are using version 8.0 of Great Plains and FRX Release 6.7.141. If we try and send FRX report to Formatted Excel output we get Frx Reporting Engine error "Table failed to open" We do not get this error when sending to Excel output (non formatted). Anyone know what might cause this ? First, download FRx sp2. It fixes a lot of problems. I was, in fact, able to use the formatted Excel as output. I was working on this very issue earlier this year. FRx said the problem would be fixed in sp3. Try sp2, though, and see if it fixes your problem. Clyde Hall wrote: > We are usin...

Supress X-Report Printing
Is there a way to suppress printing the X-Report? I"d like to stop wasting paper and just look at the X-Report in the Journal instead of killing a tree... Randy This feature is in our TenderView add-in for POS. Instead of printing a X Report, click TenderView. Printing to your full page Windows printer is optional. TenderView is included our RMS Toolkit add-in for RMS or is available separately. Free trials are at the link below. I suggest the RMS Toolkit trial as it includes TenderView and more. To purchase any of our add-ins, contact your RMS reseller. Greg Digital Retail Solutions...

Require report with user ID and password
We require a report which has the user ID and the password. In version 9.0 the password is encrypted so we can not generate such a report currently. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowse...

Is there a way of Making monthly tabs without typing each month?
I would like to avoid typing in each month every time I create a workbook. I have to do individual yearly workbooks. Is there a faster way to make monthly tabs. Example type Jan, Feb, Mar and then somehow the spreadsheet would fill in the following monthly tabs? The easiest way is to make a blank file with appropriate tab names, and then make copies of that file. Or, create a tab called "List", start your list in cell A1, and run this code: Sub Add_Tabs_From_List() Dim Nayme As String Dim K As Byte K = 1 Range("a1").Select 'this is the first cell in List Do Unt...