Money2003 #2

I have Money 2003 which I have loaded into my new computer with Windows 7. It
works but I fear that it might not work with future windows. I wanted to
upgrade to a current Money but apparently you are getting out of this
product. I love the program but don't want to lose my files. What would you
suggest.
0
Tom7430 (437)
2/12/2010 5:32:03 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

Stay where you are.
Crucially Money 2003 does not 'report home', whereas newer versions must
report home - and that is bad news.
It will be a long time yet before PCs are made that will not run 32bit
programs.

Teabag

"Tom" <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have Money 2003 which I have loaded into my new computer with Windows 7.
>It
> works but I fear that it might not work with future windows. I wanted to
> upgrade to a current Money but apparently you are getting out of this
> product. I love the program but don't want to lose my files. What would
> you
> suggest.

0
teabag
2/12/2010 10:52:21 PM
Keep using M2003 forever.  Or buy a copy of Money Plus from Amazon or eBay
(if MSFT actually issues an activation free version like they promised to)
and use that forever.  Money will run on Win7 on existing hardware probably
for 20-30 years.  Simply keep a box that runs Win7 going or use a virtual
machine with any newer O/S.

I am using M2002.  The worst possible downside I see going forward is that
no banks will give us manual downloads at some future point.  If that
happens and there is no way around it (very unlikely) I will type the
transactions in manually.

You could also switch to Quicken or some other program in the future but
nobody know where Quicken is going and you may not like being forced to
upgrade to maintain downloads, etc.

Regards

Bill Wood

"Tom" <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have Money 2003 which I have loaded into my new computer with Windows 7.
>It
> works but I fear that it might not work with future windows. I wanted to
> upgrade to a current Money but apparently you are getting out of this
> product. I love the program but don't want to lose my files. What would
> you
> suggest.

0
William

Missing Folder #2
My unread mail folder is missing. How can I restore it? I looked in the delete file, etc. and it is not there. Please help me. I have outlook 2003. Wasnt aware there was such, unless you created one. Perhaps your refering to a View "capsrv" <capsrv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:90183591-3509-45C3-9689-8F5BFB9B18DE@microsoft.com... > My unread mail folder is missing. How can I restore it? I looked in the > delete file, etc. and it is not there. Please help me. I have outlook 2003. capsrv <capsrv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >...

hlookup or conditional format? #2
Ah, thank you both. Extra brownie points for Frank once again gettin there first :D I had no idea you could have =cell=. That will solve a few othe problems I have too. Thanks again -- EARTHWALKE ----------------------------------------------------------------------- EARTHWALKER's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=493 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27734 I beat him by 36 minutes in another question :-) "EARTHWALKER" <EARTHWALKER.1fk8ep@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:EARTHWALKE...

Time between 2 dates #2
Hi, I want to calculate the time (in minutes) between two dates. The forma is: dd/mm-uu:mm For example: (column B) Time 1 = 10/05-13:45 (column C) Time 2 = 10/05-20:30 (column E) Time 2 - Time 1 should give 405 minutes I attached the document. Any suggestions on this one? P Attachment filename: test.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=55445 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Enter this in to column E1 =(C1-B1)*1440 That should do the trick! Michae -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Payee Rules Manager #2
I would like to get a message to the person or team that developed Payee Rules Manager. It is quite a disappointment to me, and others who've posted here to select a Preferred payee name then click Add under Payee name variation only to discover there is no drop down selection box for Payee name variation. There is also no obvious way to copy and paste the variations from somewhere else. Do you realize how much trouble this poorly designed dialog box causes customers? Was this tested for usability? With this design we sometimes have to manually type in payee name variations with l...

rules wizard not available #2
Outlook 2002 (xp) ; Win2k When I click on my rules wizard menu option, I get the following message: "The command is not available. see documentation for usage of the extension" (or something similar) This used to work fine in win2k. I had rules setup and they worked. About 3 months ago, I had to move my 'outlook.pst' file onto a Win XP hard drive. I kept it there for about a month and then moved it back to the original location on the Win2K drive. I think that is when the Rules wizard quit working. Any ideas??? Thanks in advance!! Is there anything listed in Disab...

Data Labels
Using X-Y Scatter Plot charts in Excel 2007, I am having trouble getting just one data label to appear for a data series. After selecting just one data point, I right click and select Add Data Label. I am then provided with the Y-value, though I am looking to display the X-value. After right clicking on the lone data label and selecting Format Data Labels, I select X Value and unselect Y Value, which turns on all of the X-values for all of the points. Is there an easier way to get one or two X-value labels than turning them all on and then deleting the ones that I don't want? H...

2 questions
1. is it possible to set a default appointment time other than what is in the drop-down list -- I would like 45 minutes 2. Is it possible to change the category of one appointment in a recurring appointment? GAK wrote: > 1. is it possible to set a default appointment time other than what is in the > drop-down list -- I would like 45 minutes > Default appointment time is based on the Time scale you select. 45 minutes isn't one of the options. > 2. Is it possible to change the category of one appointment in a recurring > appointment? No. Please...

OWA #2
Hey guys, OWA doesnt work for one of my users , his email is fine when he tries connecting to the server , also his email doesnt seem to be working with pop3 when he tries to access it from home. What are the things I should be looking for?? - Zulfi Need to expand on the OWA issue, can they log into OWA or they can log in but cannot send emails. Same really goes for the POP3 question, are there any errors "Zulfikar Fanuswala" <fanuswala@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uMw7Y3rWDHA.1912@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hey guys, > > OWA doesnt work for one of my users ...

Sheet Reference #2
I have cell 'D8' which contains a formula linked to another sheet ie ='Payroll CC100'!D10. Payroll CC100 is the name of the other sheet. Is it possible to have a formula whereby cell 'C8' ie next to 'D8' indicates the sheet name (ie Payroll CC100) linked to 'D8'. Can anyone help? Have a look in HELP for INDIRECT -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Etienne Borg" <etienne.borg@go.com.mt> wrote in message news:69ca01c49408$93862db0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have cell 'D8' which contains a formula linked to >...

2 different fonts in a cell
Is there a way to put 2 different fonts in the same cell? For instance: D(symbol style)T(arial style)...so it would show as 'delta T' Thank you. -- Morrigan ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Morrigan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=7094 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=484079 Good evening Morrigan Slect the cell containing Delta T and press F2. Highlight Delta and the change it to the cell that you want. Then highlight the T and select teh font that you ...

photogallery in pub #2
How many default photos in photo gallery web page of publishers? Ans is 12 but please explain any body. Thanks in advance. I believe it depends on the version of Publisher to the number of photos are in the default gallery; I use Publisher 2000 and there are 120. You can use most any photograph in a Publisher project, just go to the folder you may have them stored. Insert, Picture, from file. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "kasuthar" <u54399@uwe> wrote in message news:9b5add510a903@uwe... > How many default photos in photo gallery web page of publishers?...

Just invest $ 2 to make $2 over and over??
Yes it's possible! Do you think its a scam> No Way, coz scammers would want a hefty amount of 20-30 dollars! from each person, here u pay initially only$2.4 from Paypal! Join fast .... http://www.twodollars.biz/?a=534283 ...

Printing Custom Forms #2
I read the post re the xprint but I am hoping for a simpler solution to my problem. I designed a form based upon previous attempts at a design. I finally have the form the way I want it but there are fields assigned to the form that I am not using on the form. They are fields that were set up as a result of my previous attempts. When I go to print the form I get ALL the fields associated with the form, not just the fields that appear on the form. Can I eliminate the fields that I don't need somehow??Also, I don't get the notes field when I print. Any way I can get that? I...

Regression Analysis Format #2
I've never had to perform multiple regression through Excel before so forgive any simple mistakes or assumptions. I'm trying to create a relationship between 3 variables (Crossfall, gradient and flow width) and an output (Area). Having arranged the data in a suitable way that Regression Analysis could be carried out I'm presented with 3 variables. However, nowhere does is specify what in format these variables are applied / combined such that I may produce a result. Is it a simple y=Aa+Bb+Cc+I? Or is there something more complex? I have tried with the above format but the e...

Current Cost #2
Hello: Aside from using Field-Level Security or Modifier (and forcing the client to have buy either tool), is there any sort of workaround for the fact that the Current Cost field in Item Maintenance can be edited and updated secretly by the end user. A client is complaining that the Current Cost field can be changed by an end user and update Cost of Goods Sold. Any ideas? childofthe1980s The client could always just acquire Customization Site License (far cheaper) but I know of no other solution. This field is generally useless except for visual presentation since the cost layer c...

O2k2 2 POP to Recieve but use 1 SMTP to send
I am using Outlook 2002. I have 2 email POP /SMTP accounts setup, one with Yahoo and one with my ISP Rogers. I have to use my ISP's SMTP server to send mail and my ISP will not let me use use yahoo's SMTP to send email. I can recieve my Yahoo mail though. But everytime I send an email, I get an error message because Outlook tries to use Yahoo's SMTP server! Outlook will not let me delete the information for the SMTP for my Yahoo account. How do I setup Outlook to use only my ISP's SMTP server to send email? and stop getting error messages. I have Outlook 2000 b...

Caption Issue #2
The newsletter has a colored gradient with columns. The caption in the column has a white background. How can one include the gradient in the caption to match the overall scheme? >-----Original Message----- >The newsletter has a colored gradient with columns. The >caption in the column has a white background. How can one >include the gradient in the caption to match the overall >scheme? >. > Hi - If you set the fill to "no fill" would that give you the effect you are looking for (the background will show through.) OR fill> fill effects and ...

Importing data #2
hi I would like to import data from the web and although this is quite simple in Excel 2003 the new data (that comes in upon refresh) replaces the old. I was wondering if there is a way to keep previous history of the data, make Excel fill in adjacent cells with the new data for example. Thanks for taking the time to read this George hi, if you are using Microsoft query, the answer would be no. The Micorsoft query becomes a named range in excel that is linked to the query. by desing it expands and contracts at refresh to accommidate new data. I think to accomplish what you want yo...

Socket relared problem (getting free port number dynamically) #2
Hi all, i have one problem related to thread. i am having my main thread running which will on some event create a thread for validation purpose and then will start working. and now this validator thread will create a socket and it will bind to port 20111. and then will wait for client to connect. but before waiting for client to connect it will send a message to the main thread that validation is done. but in this way i need to stick with port 20111.which i really don't want. Is it possible for me to get a free port from operating system or from winsock library and then i should bind t...

Outlook won't send #2
Outlook 2000 will not send; it will receive. Any ideas? Helene <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Outlook 2000 will not send; it will receive. Any ideas? What errors, if any, do you get? What symptoms do you see? What type of account are you using? -- Brian Tillman ...

Excel viewer #2
I have an MS Powerpoint viewer and MS Word converter installed on my laptop. Is there no Excel equivalent? I'm running XP Home. Thanks http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/default.aspx?Product=Excel&Version=95|97|98|2000|2002&Type=C onverter|Viewer Description Excel 97/2000 Viewer: Spreadsheet Files Download Now! 3813kb / 23 mins Microsoft Excel Viewer is a small, freely distributable program that lets users view and print Excel for Windows (versions 2.0 and greater) and Microsoft Excel for the Macintosh (versions 2.2a and greater) spreadsheet files. -- Regards K...

Template Wizard #2
I am having trouble with the Template Wizard and Database link in excel 2003?? WHERE ARE THEY???? I have an invoice linked to a spreadsheet done in excel 2000 that don't work in 2003? ...

Exchange Server 2.2
I realize that this group is dedicated to 5.5, but I am hoping someone might be able to help. I have Exchange Server 2.2 (I know I know OUTDATED!) and would like to know how to create a public address book (if that's what is needed) so clients can add the junk email senders' names to it so I can block them before they come in thru Exchange. Is this even a possibiblity in 2.2? Thanks. Dana I didn't even know there was a 2.2...are you sure? 4.0 was the first version I was aware of...in any case, the only way to block email before it gets to Exchange is to put in a gateway...

Red X #2
In some of my emails instead of seeing a picture I just get a red x instead of a picture. I am running Outlook 2002 with SP3. Any Help? Hey Dennis, Are you getting just a red x or is there also a line through the subject of the email? I'm having a problem with Outlook 2003, where I get a red x, a line is drawn through the subject area, and there is a small telephone icon on the left of each email. When you try and delete the email, it does nothing. Doesn't go to Deleted Items and you can't remove it from the Inbox. I haven't tried the INBOX Repair Tool or the...

Macro for checkbox (2)
Hi Still does not work new message is Sub or function not defined. I normaly just record macros so this is a bid more of a chalange Sub Macro1() ' ' If CheckBoxes(46).Value = True Then Range("O54").FormulaR1C1 = "50000" Range("T54").FormulaR1C1 = "4000" Range("Y54").FormulaR1C1 = "4000" Range("AD54").FormulaR1C1 = "4000" Range("AI54").FormulaR1C1 = "4000" Range("AN54").FormulaR1C1 = "4000" Range("AS54").FormulaR1C1 = "...