Money ?

I've had Microsoft Money for years, well, starting from Money 98. My
problem is that I had all my investments (no hard copy) in what must
have been an updated version of Money 98 on a system that crashed.
That's okay because I had a back up of my Money File. However, the
only disk I can find for Money, is my original Money 98, but this must
be an earlier version of the program than my last update, so it won't
open it.

Fine, I thought, I've downloaded the trial version of Money 2004,
thinking I'll simply pay to go to an updated program. However, this
won't recognise my backup file either.

Note my back up is a .mbf file, not a.mny file. I'm desperate to get
my data back, even if I can load into another program to extract the
information on share names and quantities. Unfortunately if I open in
Access, Word or Excel it just ends up as jibberish.

The Microsoft site doesn't cotain back versions of the program to
download so I am completely stuck.

Hoping someone can help.

Cheers
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Bank fees for BillPay via Money
I am getting nailed my Wells Fargo for using Money's BillPay feature. Is there a national bank out there that you can get this feature for free? And it works well with Money? Thanks Chaz Unless he is logging on to the bank's website and using "their" version of Bill Pay. My bank offers on line bill pay at a cost, but I don't use it. I use bill pay through Money and in about another month I should start getting charged for it. The two bill pays (Money's and the Banks) are both through check free. Bob <chaztel@msn.com> wrote in message news:uz8tgNDTDHA...

MS Money 2005
I would like to know if it is possible to print more than one invoice a a time. I have entered my information into the program and into th "Accounts Receivable," but can find not way to print more than on invoice at a time. I would also like to print these invoices using template I have created through the Invoice Designer. Please ca someone help me -- vm ----------------------------------------------------------------------- vmo's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=422 View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-187097451 It's not possible to batch pr...

Starting new year with money 2004 or 2005
Using Money 2004, my file has grown to over 50mb is size. Tired of slow response with money. Is there a way to start a new year, say 2005, and import just my accounts. I don't need the balances as I can imput them myself. Also is there a way to turn off the cash flow forecast graph that appears on the bottom of each account. Whenver I change accounts it takes forever for the forecasting to be complete. It's bad enough on my desktop computer which is a 2ghz machine, but completely unbearable on my old notebook which chugs along at 600mhz. (I know, I know, get a new notebook) Than...

Unable to update a change of stock symbol in Money 2007
I have shares of American Eagle Outfitters, which until recently traded under AEOS on NASDAQ. However, it just moved to NYSE, and the new symbol is AEO. When I try to go toAEOS' "Investment Details" in my portfolio and change to the new ticker symbol, I get the following eror message: "AEO is already being used as a name or symbol for another investment. Please enter a different choice." I looked all over my portfolio for share of AEO, but I can't find them...what gives? In microsoft.public.money, spaz_pop wrote: >I have shares of American Eagle Outfi...

Opening Money 99 files
Hi, I have Money 99 files and I am unable to open it with Money 2004 and 2005. I was told by the Microsoft Customer Care that I should try opening it with money 99 or 2000 or even 2001. My Money 99 CD is in Brazil. What I want a know is if anyone has Money 99 or 2000 or 2001 so that I can open my files and use the Money 2006 that I bought. Thanks. Rossana In microsoft.public.money, Rossana wrote: > > >I have Money 99 files and I am unable to open it with Money 2004 and 2005. I am guessing that Money 2004 and 2005 give "incompatible version" message. > I >was...

Problem converting Quicken to Money 2008
I am trying out the new Money since I'm having so much trouble downloading quotes from Quicken. When I convert, it MOSTLY goes ok, but for some reason, certain transfers dating after Oct. of 2005 do not get converted as transfers. They are generally withdrawals from my checking account that get transfered to the Cash account. Cash transfers that are part of a split show up fine as transfers, but transfers that are not part of a split have nothing in the category section, and Money treats them as expenses. There are also a lot of transfers from checking to pay my credit card that...

Money Standard 2005 Account Settings
I want to change the credit limit and interest rate that was originally entered when I set up a particular credit card account. Going into "Change Account Settings" does not offer an option to change the settings in question. How can I change them? In microsoft.public.money, ronmaggi wrote: >I want to change the credit limit and interest rate that was originally >entered when I set up a particular credit card account. Going into "Change >Account Settings" does not offer an option to change the settings in >question. How can I change them? See if htt...

Money 2004 Hangs when entering transactions
I've been using Money 2004 for over a year now and about 2 weeks ago, Money started hanging anytime I enter a new transaction or accepted a downloaded transaction. The transaction is never completely entered. I've tried both the level 1 and level 2 repairs. The level 2 repair reports: Fixed records in report table. Fixed records in online table. I looked in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System folder and noticed that the modified date on some of the files changed right around the time this started happening. I'm thinking I'm going to have to reinstall but my CDs are...

Money 98 Delete symbols from obsolete symbols file #2
My obsolete symbols ,txt has over 250 symbols so when I go on line to update stock market prices I have to uncheck several manually on the pop=up window which says it can't search for over 250 symbols. I can not figure out how to empty or permanently eliminate uneeded symbols from this file. Anybody got any ideas? Howard ...

Money 2004
Are any other Australian users of Money 2004 having problems getting downloads of stock prices? For the last three weeks I've been clicking on the "Update Prices" link when I log on each night. Then I'd sit there, fat, dumb and happy, believing that the "Call Completed" message signified that all was well. That was until I noticed that the prices didn't seem to be moving much, and by looking at the Update Manually dialog I found that the prices had in fact only updated once each week; interestingly enough on the Friday. The error message "Money was unable ...

Money files to Excel
I'm set up with Windows XP Pro, SP3 and Office Pro 2007. I have kept my accounting/investment information in MS Money for several years. My MS Money version is 17.0.120.1415 and the indicated expiration is 9/16/2010. I would like to export my MS Money information into an Excel 2007 file if this is possible, just in case I can not make it through the tangles and get all my accounting information/history transferred to Quicken, when it gets the transfer program worked out. Can someone tell me how to export my MS Money information into Excel spread sheets? Will the Accounting Express 2007 ...

Ghost Bills in Money 2006
Chris - that is exactly what I did so I guess I have a ghost bill. Any help you can provide would be most appreciated and now I know what not to do next time. Thanks RH "Chris Cowles" <spam_magnet@remove-me-bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:Ox$MormRHHA.2212@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > "russ" <russell@haddockfamily.com> wrote in message > news:OU$oZFdRHHA.3412@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >> I'm using Money 2006 and was updating the budget. I get reimbursed for >> health insurance from my company so I record this into an expense >> c...

money #37
<HTML> <HEAD> <META NAME="GENERATOR" Content="Microsoft DHTML Editing Control"> <TITLE></TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <P>Money is the root of all evil</P> </BODY> </HTML> ...

Need Money
You need fast money?????, visit http://dinero4ever.blogspot.com Now!!! ...

Problem Balancing Accounts Money 2002
The accounts never balances automatically when I import my bank information. Unfortunately there is no direct connection between money and my bank so I must import information. However, it never reconciles itself! The balance is always something that the actual balance is not, then when I manually reconcile it there are large discrepancies which simply sit there as nameless adjustments. So how does this work? Lets say I have my account from Jan. 1 - April 14th. When downloading the new transactions, do I download from April 14th, or April 15th? Some transactions from April 14t...

MS Money Not Saving Recent Transaction
Need help! I have MS Money on my computer. I usually have a CD in my computer for back up. When I take the CD out for a few days, and reload the MS Money program without the CD all transaction are lost! How is this possible? Doesn't Money save transactions? PLEASE HELP. I have lost 11 months worth of business transactions. How do i restore recent downloaded transactions, bills, any everything I have put into it? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, cjkube wrote: >Need help! I have MS Money on my computer. I usually have a CD in my computer >for back up. When I take t...

money back-up
I am using microsoft money 2003 standard ...

Money Updates #2

New Money File Error on Windows XP
I'm using the MS Money 2002 on Windows XP Pro (I've upgraded XP from Windows 2000). But when I starting new file, Money 2002 is crashed. Working with previous files are good, but new file working is failed always. Is it error on Windows XP? Have you tried re-installing M2002? -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "Kim Heui Jung" <neospix@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ORcUKtP0DHA.2412@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I'm using...

ETF
Several ETF's in my portfolio are refusing to update today, even well after market closed. At same time noticed money had dropped some of my etf symbols as well and had to re-enter. ETFs include VEIEX, TIP, BND. Also several Vanguard mutual funds not updating, mostly bond funds. All else ok and if I click through to quote detail end up at right place on Money Central. Anyone else seeing this behavior? "gcraig" <gcraig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3099BE67-F7B0-446A-87F3-79D76D03E06D@microsoft.com... > Several ETF's in my portfolio are ref...

Money 2006: Money could not verify your sign-in information
For a few months I have been getting the 'money could not verify your sign-in information' message when I try to sign in. Prior to this, it worked fine. I tried all of the recommended approaches on the Microsoft knowledge base except for reverting to an older version. No success. However, I accidently found a workaround: Sign in with the Work Offline option. Once Money is open, create a backup of your file using File> Back Up... Then use File> Restore Backup... to restore from the backup just created. Enter your Sign-in name and Password when prompted. It connects without...

Can I get my money back?
Looks like others are having the same crash course in outlook as I am having and not many seem to know what is going on. Crash and burn this MS crap and get the free stuff and I'll give away this useless SW and post the code and see if anyone else wants free what I paid good money for. Why the hell should I spend any more of my time on this when I already tossed my money down the toilet. Thank you for posting an aimless rant. Did you have a question? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "George Forum" <GeorgeForumNOSPAM@xemaps.com> wrote in message news:uasGHriGGHA.37...

Money 2002
I've using Money 2002 for about 18 months and have been regularly updating stock and fund prices online with no problem. A few weeks ago, one of the funds that I track (from the UK) started to act strangely when I updated online. It still pulls in the latest price OK every day, but then changes the previous day's price to zero. Not only does this really mess the price history graph up, but it's a pain to have to go and correct the previous day's price every day. None of my other stocks are affected. Any ideas??? I get exactly the same problem with one of my funds...

Microsoft Money Portfolio
I am able to use the Investment Toolbox Portfolio Manager with no problems. When I try to use the Portfolio Manager Preview all I get is a single line showing a Grand total of zero. Can anyone help me figure out what is going on or what I am doing wrong? I'm using Vista 64 bit, HP computer with an AMD processor, 6 Gig RAM. Thanks. James In microsoft.public.money, James@nowhere.com wrote: >I am able to use the Investment Toolbox Portfolio Manager with no >problems. When I try to use the Portfolio Manager Preview all I get >is a single line showing a Grand total of zero. >...

Can't open Money 2002
Been using Money 2002 for 2 years no problem until now. When I tried to open it, a window popped up (maybe showing a registry or something) for about 1 second, then... nothing. I even did a reinstall and at the end of the installation when Money is supposed to open, the same weird window popped up and then again... nothing. I have Norton antivirus with automatic updates. All other programs seem to be working fine. Any suggestions from all you experts out there? Thanks. Byron In microsoft.public.money, Byron wrote: >Been using Money 2002 for 2 years no problem until now. >When ...