Money update fails

Hello,

After a reinstall of XP & Money Plus Deluxe, all attempts to start
(and use) Money fail.

Specifically, after the app opens, a pop-up window says that an update
is needed for Money to operate succesfully (I remember seeing that the
first time I used Money last year).

After clicking OK, a software update download is attempted, but fails,
with the following text: "the money software update has failed.
please try the update again later."

Any thoughts on this?  IE as the default browser for now; I have
lowered the internet security zone setting for troubleshooting this
issue, but still no success.

thank you.
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Try opening sample.mny and let the update happen from there.

--
Regards
Bob Peel,

For unofficial FAQs see
http://money.mvps.org/
or
http://umpmfaq.info/

"werethegoodguys" <agoodplacetobe@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> After a reinstall of XP & Money Plus Deluxe, all attempts to start
> (and use) Money fail.
>
> Specifically, after the app opens, a pop-up window says that an update
> is needed for Money to operate succesfully (I remember seeing that the
> first time I used Money last year).
>
> After clicking OK, a software update download is attempted, but fails,
> with the following text: "the money software update has failed.
> please try the update again later."
>
> Any thoughts on this?  IE as the default browser for now; I have
> lowered the internet security zone setting for troubleshooting this
> issue, but still no success.
>
> thank you.

0
bob_peel2056 (736)
1/25/2009 10:28:12 AM
On Jan 25, 5:28=A0am, "Bob Peel, MVP"
<bob_p...@kiandra.freeserve.co.uk.INVALID> wrote:
> Try opening sample.mny and let the update happen from there.
>
> --
> Regards
> Bob Peel,
> Microsoft MVP - Money
>
> For unofficial FAQs seehttp://money.mvps.org/
> orhttp://umpmfaq.info/
>
> I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for.
>
> "werethegoodguys" <agoodplacet...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hello,
>
> > After a reinstall of XP & Money Plus Deluxe, all attempts to start
> > (and use) Money fail.
>
> > Specifically, after the app opens, a pop-up window says that an update
> > is needed for Money to operate succesfully (I remember seeing that the
> > first time I used Money last year).
>
> > After clicking OK, a software update download is attempted, but fails,
> > with the following text: "the money software update has failed.
> > please try the update again later."
>
> > Any thoughts on this? =A0IE as the default browser for now; I have
> > lowered the internet security zone setting for troubleshooting this
> > issue, but still no success.
>
> > thank you.

Thanks for your reply.  I did open sample.mny and the application
update still failed ... update creates the folder "MNYCoreFiles.NEW.
{9D6EAA4F-27B2-4407-AC72-4BBD2FCB6ED1}" under C:\Program Files
\Microsoft Money Plus\ yet the folder is empty ...

Any additional thoughts are welcome, thanks in advance.

Revising Money 2003 for better tax results
After doing my taxes (via Taxcut) I realize that I really don't have my accounts set up properly to come up with a good, automatic tax return. How do I best reset Money as of the beginning of this calendar year to do this? Any suggestions--books, manuals, anything? In microsoft.public.money, Les Proctor wrote: >After doing my taxes (via Taxcut) I realize that I really >don't have my accounts set up properly to come up with a >good, automatic tax return. How do I best reset Money as >of the beginning of this calendar year to do this? > >Any suggestions--books,...

updating test box
I have a test box for CRM. It has A/D, SQL and CRM. I need to update the CRM and databases to match that of the live CRM. Since I have taken CRM main. over I have not dones this. I was thinking that I would need to export an XML file of the live version, import it into the test box, then maybe do a restore from a backup copy of the live box to the the test box. Is this right or wrong? Thanks do you just want the forms to match and also see the production data in test? If so you will need the redployment tools on microsoft.com/downloads if you just want the form and fields to match yo...

Update viewstate error
Hi! I get following error when pick some report: updateViewState error. Did anyone have something similar? Help! did u turn on the view state ib .config file??? i think MS is not using the view satat at all "Domagoj Fabricni" <something@pero.com> wrote in message news:OxumcjZ6DHA.2576@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi! > > I get following error when pick some report: updateViewState error. > > Did anyone have something similar? Help! > > ...

How to update data in a query
One part of my database is used to keep track of contacts within clients. I created a query using a table and a crosstab query and exported it to excel. I had staff in my office update the contact information. Now I want to update the query with the new information from the excel spreadsheet. The spreadsheet includes updates to existing data and new record. How can I do this? It does not look like an update or apend query are what I am looking for. Thanks Brian On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 09:45:04 -0700, AccessIlliterate <AccessIlliterate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

Mailbox Management
When i change the filter rules to specify a user or group of user. Even after applying the policy now. The Mailbox Management Process is still doing (All Users), there is only 1 recipient Policies. Server is 2003 with Sp1 Any idea? On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 11:23:04 -0800, "Phil Desmarais" <PhilDesmarais@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When i change the filter rules to specify a user or group of user. Even after >applying the policy now. The Mailbox Management Process is still doing (All >Users), there is only 1 recipient Policies. Server is 2003 with Sp1 > >...

How do i set automatic update of footer as filename path changes
I am setting up a MS Word (2003) template for my users in which the footer of the document will indicate the filename & path. i will like this footer to change automatically to reflect the filename and path once the document is finalised and saved. Put in a FILENAME field. Update the field as required. You could either manually go into the footer and Update, or you could use code to do it. Topps wrote: >I am setting up a MS Word (2003) template for my users in which the footer of >the document will indicate the filename & path. i will like this footer to >...

Automatic Sort Updates when data changes!
Can someone please tell me, if I have a spreadsheet with four individua tables on it, is it possible to have the tables automatically updat the ascending order sort when the data within the cells alters, and i so, how? Thanks! Karri -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi this would only be possible with an event procedure. e.g. sorting the data automatically then you enter a new sheet 8e.g. using the workbook_sheetactivate event). No build-in functionality. Would this be a way for you to go? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Can someone please tell me, if I hav...

Why doesn't excel count function update automatically?
I have a row of data that I would like to have "total" at the end of the row in Column "T". The formula should count all of the non-blank cells in the range C6 thru r6. I have been using numerous variations on the =COUNTIF(C6:R6,"*") formula or COUNTA(c6:r6), etc. etc.. All will total the non blank cells, HOWEVER, if a cell in the range is changed (updated), the count does not automatically update in Column "T". How can I get it do to this. Example: Col 1 Col2 Col3 Col4) Row 1 X ...

"ie is missing updates required" message
Hi, How can I get rid of the annoying "internet explorer is missing updates required to view this site, click here to update" message that pops up at the top of the screen? I don't want to update to IE8! I had problems with it and had to uninstall it and keep IE7? I have Windows XP SP3 Home. Can anyone help, please? Thanks, You'd do yourself a big favor by installing the latest version of Firefox and set it as your default browser. Use IE only when required by the Microsoft sites. Go here: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/ -- Google is your friend...

KB982381 fails to install
Hi I'm running vista sp2 with ie8. Download KB982381 continually fails to install. I've tried restoring to point a couple months previous and tried again and no dice. Also tried standalone installer in both restored and current versions and still fails. Running ESET Smart Security 4.0.437.0 in case that makes any difference? Any ideas? Beac. Is your ESET subscriptioin current? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender & ESET) are installed? Were any of these applications running in the background (including the ESET firewall) when you installed...

Money 2006 thoughts
Hi, I just installed Money 2006 from Price Costco upgrading from 2004 with no apparent problems. Here's some things I noticed: 1) Speed appears to be about the same but it Money 2006 appears to be doing things a little more intelligently. For example, after starting Money 2006, and after welcome screen comes up, one can see processor activity that Money is using. For 2004, I would have to wait until processor activity subsided before using Money or it would take forever for each mouse click. With 2006, apparently I can use Money with no noticeable slowdown. My guess is that b...

What is Money Essentials?
Bought a new laptop the other day and it has Money 2007 Money Essentials on it. What the heck is that? I normally use Money 2006 Standard. Can this Essentials thing do the same stuff or should I uninstall it and put 2006 standard back on? Thanks. What is MEss? A toy Microsoft hopes to use to wean lots of new users from a complex and expensive-to-support product toward something much more like a bank web site. They are, apparently, filling the OEM channels chock full of this thing. The probably license it to the OEMs for a $5 discount on the O/S or something. Can it do the same st...

MS Money 2007 Pop-up problem
I'm having a problem with Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe and I'm thinking it must be a security setting thats not set right, but I can't find where to change it. It has something to do with Internet Explorer. When I first open up the program it immediately pops up a box saying: Do you want to open or save this file? Name: MNY1CB4.surfplace Type: SurfBoard Shim Doc Object View, 1.50KB From: surf.mar@ I click open and it will load the login page. I enter my login and it says the exact same thing over again. I hit open and it will load the next page. This will happen for...

Money 2007 Premium Asset Allocation
Hello, Money 2007 has just the basic asset allocation categories. Has anyone found a way to add categories such as International Funds/ Real Estate / Commodity Funds ? It is annoying to have everything bunched under "Other". Thanks in advance. SN On Aug 27, 1:38 pm, desihorn <desih...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello, > > Money 2007 has just the basic asset allocation categories. Has anyone found > a way to add categories such as International Funds/ Real Estate / Commodity > Funds ? > > It is annoying to have everything bunched under "...

Update Links Error
I have a spreadsheet that is linked to several other Excel files. Everytime I open the file it tells me that some of the links could not be updated and asks to either click continue or Edit Links. When I go into Edit Links the status for all files is OK. I have even gone in and updated the source on them, just in the case teh status is showing wrong. But I still get the dialog box. Does anyone know why this might be happening or how I can pin point the problem, that Excel is obviously not showing me. Any help would be much appreciated! http://www.oaltd.co.uk/mvp/ In the Bill Manvi...

Cannot Print Portfolio Money Premium 2005
Suject self-explanatory. Print preview is also grayed out. Numerous other little gotchas relative to account balances. How did it get out of the useability lab. Some of it is as nonintuitive as it comes. This thing does not look like it was ready for prime-time on its release date. Had I known it was this bad, I wouldn't have dropped the $79. The old version of Investor at least worked. -- R. Riley ...

Windows Update problem
Every 2 minutes I keep getting the yellow shield pop-up "updates available" (I have it set to notify me, not automatically) I keeps saying I need Excel 2002 and Word 2002 security update. Funny thing tho- I don't have 2002, I have Office XP. Plus I keep checking "Don't remind me of these again", yet it keeps reminding me every 2 minutes. I even went to Windows update (online) and checked then to not remind me. It started this morning, I had about 20-30 updates available, mostly Office. half were for Office 2002. I kept clicking do not remind me again on ...

Software Update Service
I want to install Windows XP SP2 on our machines. I downloaded some information explaining how to do it with Software Update Service. I installed that on our server and can not get it to work according to the manuals directions. I can' t seem to sync. servers. Help here would be greatly appreciated. After I get that in order, I need to apply the patchs directed to keep CRM working. So my next question in has anyone applied this to their CRM environment? What did you think? Any suprises? Thanks have you tried reading this NG? -g "Alma" <Alma@discussions.micros...

Insert & link a graphic file in Excel 2003 --> updatable pictures!
I want to insert a graphic or a picture, it should be visible in Excel, but linked with the file, so that when the file content changes, it is changed in Excel too! I have charts in png-format as automated outputs of a statistics application. The file names are constant, but every month the content of the file is different. Because the application produces new charts and saves them under the same filename. The links were updated automatically in Excel sheets with the XP version of Office. It was also possible to insert the pictures as linked object in the earlier version. What happened...

CRM Upgrade 1.2 to 3.0 SBE
I am trying to upgrade my 1.2 to 3.0 SBE on SBS2003 SP1, SQL 2000 SP4. The initial check fails with SQL Reporting Services. It tells me that the web site for installing SQL Server Reporting Services was not found. Setup requires the presence of the web site configured to run at port 80 with an empty host header. I don't remember installing Server Reporting Services and it asks if I want a new instance. I've checked the SQL directories and there is no Report folder. Did I not have to have it with 1.2? How do I install it and/or get past this error? Thanks. CRM 1.2 used cr...

Windows Update does not start
Every time I click on "check for updates" it does not start at all. It says "windows cannot currently check for updates because the service is not running. You may need to restart your computer." I restart my computer and same thing happens again and again. I have a windows 7 and I dont know what servise pack it is Endrit wrote: > Every time I click on "check for updates" it does not start at all. > It says "windows cannot currently check for updates because the > service is not running. You may need to restart your computer." > I r...

Money 2005 Mileage tracking and assigning it to tax sheets
I'musing the mileage tracking and would ike to assign it to an account on my schedule C. Does anyone know how to do this? ...

Hyperlink fails
Hyperlink does not execute Internet Explorer when Outlook is open. User receives 'Page Not Found'. User can refresh IE and the URL will execute. Does anyone know what the problem might be? User is running XP Pro and Outlook 2002. You may look at the following article... You Cannot Open New Internet Explorer Window or Nothing Happens After You Click a Link: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q281679&sd=tech -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "walkerdr@wellsfargo.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:032101c39ff3$...

CRM Reports 1.2 / Failed to load Database information.
Hi everyone, I am having an issue with creating a Crystal Report for CRM 1.2 and after saving it to CRM I can't open it up in CRM. I get an error message of "Failed to load database information. File 6b83ed1dba23d6.rpt." I have Crystal Reports 9.2.2 installed and have installed the Enhanced for CRM executable also. This brought up the version to 9.2.4.77 in Crystal Reports. I have unchecked the save data to report option and verified database prior to saving the report to CRM Misc. Service Reports location. I have tried to create just a basic report from either tabl...

Money Small Business 2005 crashes after online update
Hello, Today for the first time after using money for over a year it crashes when I try to do an online update from my banks. I have tried to repair the files that does not seem to work although the log says it fixed some online records. I also noticed that my bank account screen says I have 29 transactions to look at but when I go to the account there aren't any new transaction from a download. The even view says the following: Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft Money Error Reporting Event Category: None Event ID: 1000 Date: 10/12/2005 Time: 8:39:53 AM User: N/A Computer: H...