Money unable to install update

I am running Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build
2600

I just purchased Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe and upgraded from Money 2005

When I run MM Plus Deluxe, I receive a message "To Continue operating
successfully, Money requires an update.  Click OK to close Money and begin
the update now."  I press OK, Money closes and the update begins.

I then receive a message that "Money was unable to install update." and to
check my internet connection (which is always active and working) and have at
least 100MB of disk space free (I have 24G free).

I checked the version of Money from the Help Menu and it reads 17.0.120.1415
Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe.  Acccording to your online advice, the update
sucessfully installed, but each time I start Money, I receive the same
"required update" message.

How do I fix this glitch?
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, tshepherd1 wrote:

>I am running Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build
>2600
>
>I just purchased Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe and upgraded from Money 2005
>
>When I run MM Plus Deluxe, I receive a message "To Continue operating
>successfully, Money requires an update.  Click OK to close Money and begin
>the update now."  I press OK, Money closes and the update begins.
>
>I then receive a message that "Money was unable to install update." and to
>check my internet connection (which is always active and working) and have at
>least 100MB of disk space free (I have 24G free).
>
>I checked the version of Money from the Help Menu and it reads 17.0.120.1415
>Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe.  Acccording to your online advice, the update
>sucessfully installed, but each time I start Money, I receive the same
>"required update" message.
>
>How do I fix this glitch?

Start Money by right-clicking the Money launch icon and choose
RunAsAdministrator once. You will still have version 17.0.120.1415,
but presumably there is something else to update.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
2/22/2009 5:49:45 AM

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, tshepherd1 wrote:
>
> >I am running Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build
> >2600
> >
> >I just purchased Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe and upgraded from Money 2005
> >
> >When I run MM Plus Deluxe, I receive a message "To Continue operating
> >successfully, Money requires an update.  Click OK to close Money and begin
> >the update now."  I press OK, Money closes and the update begins.
> >
> >I then receive a message that "Money was unable to install update." and to
> >check my internet connection (which is always active and working) and have at
> >least 100MB of disk space free (I have 24G free).
> >
> >I checked the version of Money from the Help Menu and it reads 17.0.120.1415
> >Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe.  Acccording to your online advice, the update
> >sucessfully installed, but each time I start Money, I receive the same
> >"required update" message.
> >
> >How do I fix this glitch?
>
> Start Money by right-clicking the Money launch icon and choose
> RunAsAdministrator once. You will still have version 17.0.120.1415,
> but presumably there is something else to update.

I am logged in as Adminstrator.  It is the only user account on the
computer.  I also removed the checkmark from "Protect my computer and date
from unauthorized program activity."

I disabled all virus protection and firewall from Norton Internet Security
16.2.0.7

After doing both of these, the update still did not install.  I also removed
Money using the Add/Remove option from the Control Panel and reinstalled.
Still has the same problem.
In microsoft.public.money, tshepherd1 wrote:

>"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
>> In microsoft.public.money, tshepherd1 wrote:
>>
>> >I am running Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build
>> >2600
>> >
>> >I just purchased Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe and upgraded from Money 2005
>> >
>> >When I run MM Plus Deluxe, I receive a message "To Continue operating
>> >successfully, Money requires an update.  Click OK to close Money and begin
>> >the update now."  I press OK, Money closes and the update begins.
>> >
>> >I then receive a message that "Money was unable to install update." and to
>> >check my internet connection (which is always active and working) and have at
>> >least 100MB of disk space free (I have 24G free).
>> >
>> >I checked the version of Money from the Help Menu and it reads 17.0.120.1415
>> >Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe.  Acccording to your online advice, the update
>> >sucessfully installed, but each time I start Money, I receive the same
>> >"required update" message.
>> >
>> >How do I fix this glitch?
>>
>> Start Money by right-clicking the Money launch icon and choose
>> RunAsAdministrator once. You will still have version 17.0.120.1415,
>> but presumably there is something else to update.
>>

>I am logged in as Adminstrator.  It is the only user account on the
>computer.  I also removed the checkmark from "Protect my computer and date
>from unauthorized program activity."
>
>I disabled all virus protection and firewall from Norton Internet Security
>16.2.0.7
>
>After doing both of these, the update still did not install.

Humor me. Start Money by right-clicking the Money launch icon and
choose RunAsAdministrator once.

>  I also removed
>Money using the Add/Remove option from the Control Panel and reinstalled.
>Still has the same problem.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
2/22/2009 4:44:26 PM
In microsoft.public.money, tshepherd1 wrote:

>I am running Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build
>2600
>
>I just purchased Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe and upgraded from Money 2005
>
>When I run MM Plus Deluxe, I receive a message "To Continue operating
>successfully, Money requires an update.  Click OK to close Money and begin
>the update now."  I press OK, Money closes and the update begins.
>
>I then receive a message that "Money was unable to install update." and to
>check my internet connection (which is always active and working) and have at
>least 100MB of disk space free (I have 24G free).
>
>I checked the version of Money from the Help Menu and it reads 17.0.120.1415
>Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe.  Acccording to your online advice, the update
>sucessfully installed, but each time I start Money, I receive the same
>"required update" message.
>
>How do I fix this glitch?

See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927811
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
2/22/2009 4:48:19 PM

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, tshepherd1 wrote:

> >> Start Money by right-clicking the Money launch icon and choose
> >> RunAsAdministrator once. You will still have version 17.0.120.1415,
> >> but presumably there is something else to update.
> >>

> >I am logged in as Adminstrator.  It is the only user account on the
> >computer.  I also removed the checkmark from "Protect my computer and date
> >from unauthorized program activity."
> >
> >I disabled all virus protection and firewall from Norton Internet Security
> >16.2.0.7
> >
> >After doing both of these, the update still did not install.
>
> Humor me. Start Money by right-clicking the Money launch icon and
> choose RunAsAdministrator once.
>
> >  I also removed
> >Money using the Add/Remove option from the Control Panel and reinstalled.
> >Still has the same problem.

I can't "humor you" when that choice doesn't come up.  When I right click on
the money icon, I have the choice of Current user (owner) or The following
user (there is none.  There is no "RunAsAdminstrator" choice.

"Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:

> In microsoft.public.money, tshepherd1 wrote:
>
> >I am running Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build
> >2600
> >
> >I just purchased Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe and upgraded from Money 2005
> >
> >When I run MM Plus Deluxe, I receive a message "To Continue operating
> >successfully, Money requires an update.  Click OK to close Money and begin
> >the update now."  I press OK, Money closes and the update begins.
> >
> >I then receive a message that "Money was unable to install update." and to
> >check my internet connection (which is always active and working) and have at
> >least 100MB of disk space free (I have 24G free).
> >
> >I checked the version of Money from the Help Menu and it reads 17.0.120.1415
> >Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe.  Acccording to your online advice, the update
> >sucessfully installed, but each time I start Money, I receive the same
> >"required update" message.
> >
> >How do I fix this glitch?
>
> See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927811

I found this page and followed the advice before I came to the Discussion
Groups.  I'm not running Vista, so most of it doesn't apply to my computer.
In microsoft.public.money, tshepherd1 wrote:

>I can't "humor you" when that choice doesn't come up.  When I right click on
>the money icon, I have the choice of Current user (owner) or The following
>user (there is none.  There is no "RunAsAdminstrator" choice.

Sorry. I had not read your OS description correctly. You can get
free support M-F during normal work hours. Let us know what solves
it. http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?gprid=12816
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
2/22/2009 9:23:21 PM
Have you tried creating a new user and seeing if you can get Money to
complete (and recognize) the update?

It's likely that the security settings for your user account may have been
changed and is blocking this access.

Try KB 313222 to see if resetting back to defaults solves this for you.

-Mark

"tshepherd1" wrote:

> "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote:
>
> > In microsoft.public.money, tshepherd1 wrote:
> >
> > >I am running Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build
> > >2600
> > >
> > >I just purchased Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe and upgraded from Money 2005
> > >
> > >When I run MM Plus Deluxe, I receive a message "To Continue operating
> > >successfully, Money requires an update.  Click OK to close Money and begin
> > >the update now."  I press OK, Money closes and the update begins.
> > >
> > >I then receive a message that "Money was unable to install update." and to
> > >check my internet connection (which is always active and working) and have at
> > >least 100MB of disk space free (I have 24G free).
> > >
> > >I checked the version of Money from the Help Menu and it reads 17.0.120.1415
> > >Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe.  Acccording to your online advice, the update
> > >sucessfully installed, but each time I start Money, I receive the same
> > >"required update" message.
> > >
> > >How do I fix this glitch?
> >
> > See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927811
> >

> I found this page and followed the advice before I came to the Discussion
> Groups.  I'm not running Vista, so most of it doesn't apply to my computer.
0
mark564 (750)

Two computers, one Money file.

Money Money Money !! Agloco !!

CRM Sales for Outlook Client
H I have installed CRM V1.2. Installation was 100% perfect. However, I am experiencing problems when installing the sales client for outlook. After specifying the url where the website is hosted, an error appears stating that no crm server components were located. I am unable to continue from there. OS: Windows XP, SP Office: Office 200 Please find attached the log file [19:48:05] CSetup::Initialize result: 0x0 [19:48:05] Checking v1 product GUID: {505D5841-FB9D-452A-9381-6AD6904769AB} [19:48:05] Checking component GUID: {0C5FCCD4-3F44-4d2a-A68D-3FE77927BF1F} [19:48:05] No existing CRM ...

Purchased Money Essentials wont install

money 2002 #26

money 2005 #11

Duplicate Funds in Money

* OWA was unable to get to your inbox
Our OWA Exchange 5.5 server (Windows NT Server) recently died and we replaced it with a Windows 2000 Server. We installed Exchange 5.5 OWA then applied Exchange SP4. Everything was working until we apply Windows 2000 SP4. Everytime we logon we get "OWA was unable to get to your inbox" error. As soon as we un-installed Windows 2000 SP4, OWA works again. Our Exchange 5.5 server is running under Windows NT SP6a (plus up to date security patches). It also has Exchange 5.5 SP4 installed. Does anyone have any idea? Thanks, Paul ...

Microsoft Money in Australia

MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!

Problems with Money 2005

Money 2000 user guide

money vs simply accounting

Updating from Version 8.0 to 9.0
I was just wondering if anyone had did the GP update from version 8.0 to 9.0 and I was just wondering if anyone had any tips for when I'm doing this? If you are planning to upgrade your 8 to 9 and wanting to sQL SERVER 2005, upgrade first your Great Plains in SQL Server 2000. Upgrade in SQL SERVER 2005 do not work. Gerald "jake" wrote: > I was just wondering if anyone had did the GP update from version 8.0 > to 9.0 and I was just wondering if anyone had any tips for when I'm > doing this? > > The biggest tip I can give you is to do a test upgrade bef...

Money Data #2

Install CRM 1.2 Outlook client
I still have problems working with Outlook CRM client 1.2 after installing. The only things who where shown right are the icons in the 2 taskbars. When I push (for example) the CRM home button, the right part of the screen is white. Not any format is visible, only a view words coming from the menu tree and a view picture frames (only the red cross, not the picture). We reinstalled the total server. We are using virtual PC with an image with the 1.2 client version (based on the image of the 1.0 version: reconnected it to the new domain and installed the 1.2 version after uninstalling...

Student Office Install
Perhaps someone can help me on what to do on this issue; My son purchased the Student Version for Microsoft Office - it allows 3 install from what I understand. Office was installed as follows: 1 - on their iMAC dekstop; 2 - one copy each on their laptops; all was well until Sean's laptop started acting funny! Because it was an older laptop, we decided to iinvest in a new one - we are in the process of getting rid of the older laptop (will erase all info) - can I UNINSTALL office and then RE-INSTALL IT again on his new laptop? Will I be able to use the same license key? Thanks for the adv...

Money 2004 Error 1335 #2

Reinstall Money Plus problems

Windows update 05-18-10
Hi , Whenever that I want to update my Windows I got following error message : The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem Could you do a favor and let me know how I could update my XP system ? "Parastoo" wrote: > Hi , > Whenever that I want to update my Windows I got following error message : > > The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are > trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve ...

Repair a Money data file? MS Money or MSN Money?

Explorer opens Microsoft Money 2002 installation
When I do just about anything on my computer (WinXP), it attempts to install MS Money 2002. It says to insert the CD. Just opening 'My Computer', or anything explorer related will result with "Please Insert the Money 2002 CD". I dont have the CD. MS Money is installed, I think it came with the computer. If I try to uninstall Money, it says to insert the CD. Ive looked at the CD bundle that came with the computer, but cannot find Money Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Dave If Money came with the machine, you might need to contact your supplier an...

Money 2006 for PPC: does it work?
Hi there! I'd like to know if Money 2006 for Pocket PC works for Windows Mobile 5 (in the download page, only stated are 2002 and 2003 -> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=6f040b65-42f5-4dca-b301-9f05a8583692&displaylang=en). Another thing is: Money 2006 or Ultrasoft Moneylink? What do you advise? Is there any place where we can check what functionalities are contained in Money 2006 for PPC? Account register, etc... Can anyone help? Thanks in advance, Nuno Dionísio ...

Can't open 'my money.mny' in Money 2005
I bought a new PC last week, reinstalled Money 2005, and now I cannot access my carefully backed up money file transferred from the old PC and which contains several years worth of accounts. I'd be grateful for any help! Phil The message I get is: "Money cannot locate 'my.money.mny' or cannot open it, possibly because it was a read-only file, or you do not have permission to change it, or your disk drive is write-protected. If you have chosen the correct file and it cannot be accessed, you will need to click OK and open your most recent backup file. If the file is...