Money Questions

Hi everyone.

I've been using Microsoft Money for awhile, and I realized that there ar=
e  =

alot of things about money that I do not understand.
Eg.
1. What's the difference between reconciliation and cleared? What's the =
 =

use of the flags anyway?
2. How do I clear multiple transactions in one go?
3. If there are differences in my Microsoft Money savings bank account, =
 =

how do I handle it? Do I create a new transaction with a new 'missing  =

money' category?
4. Is there a way to choose what column gets displayed in the Account  =

Register view? I'd like the Description column to be displayed as well  =

next to the Payment and Deposit columns.
5. I often split a transaction to multiple categories. Can I view the  =

splits in the account register list view?

I hope you could help a newbie out on this one. Thanks.

money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

See answers inline.

Reconciled transactions are included in the
Money "beginning balance" when you go to balance an
account. Cleared transactions will be marked reconciled IF
you complete balancing. Reconciled means the sum of all
such transaction has matched an ending balance on a
statement from the bank. Cleared means the bank knows
about it but you haven't matched balances with it included
on your side and the banks. The Register view pulldown
lets you include or exclude the reconciled transactions.

You don't. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=82.

>3. If there are differences in my Microsoft Money savings
bank account,
>how do I handle it? Do I create a new transaction with a
new 'missing
>money' category?

If you use the "Balance this account" and there are
differences you can't reconcile, Money will offer to enter
an Account Adjustment transaction to make Money reconcile
to the bank statement ending balance. You can categorize
this or not as you choose.

>4. Is there a way to choose what column gets displayed in
the Account
>Register view? I'd like the Description column to be
displayed as well
>next to the Payment and Deposit columns.

No.

>5. I often split a transaction to multiple categories.
Can I view the
>splits in the account register list view?

No.
0
anonymous (74721)

Automatic updating Question
I have workbook A, which contains links to workbook B; and workbook B contains links to workbook C; If I open workbook A and update, does this only update workbook B, or does workbook A tell workbook B to retreive the latest information from workbook C? Thanks Dan McCollick Dan, A takes the values from B as they were when B was last saved. If C has changed, B will not be updated until it is re-opened. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Dan McCollick" <mccollick24@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1134752749.070783.314200@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I have workbook A,...

Money 2007 advantages ? over 2006
Are there any major improvements this year ? Thank You There is the "nuke the bills" repair method and the 60% budget. In a word, no. "Adonis" <abc@verizon.net> wrote in message news:h7Nph.4$Ch1.1@trndny04... > Are there any major improvements this year ? Thank You Yes - they have eliminated the ability to synch with the online moneycentral portfolio. Oh - you asked for IMPROVEMENTS. "Adonis" <abc@verizon.net> wrote in message news:h7Nph.4$Ch1.1@trndny04... > Are there any major improvements this year ? Thank You > For me, the...

Short Crystal Reports Question
Hi all, How do I display a running total in a subreport in the parent report in Crystal Reports for CRM 1.2? Thanks all Tom You need to do code to do this. You can declare what are in effect global variables in the main report and track the running total in those variables. Becuase they are global the sub report should be able to access them as well. you may also be able to pass the contents of the running total variable directly into the sub report as a parameter as well This book may help you get started. Its the only book I have used for crystal in crm http://www.amazon.com/gp/p...

Microsoft Money 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, or Plus Canadian Edition?
Hello, I'm having difficulty looking for information on the various version of Microsoft Money Canadian edition (for users who live in Canada) What I would like, and I'm sure for the rest of us neglected, confused Canadians, is a list of valid-authentic versions of Microsoft Money Canadian versions. To my understanding, there is only one version for Canadians, Microsoft Money 2004; however I see versions on many websites that have 2005, 2006, 2007 even but no mention of them on the Microsoft Money webpage. Also, what are the differences from all these versions, in terms of feat...

Sales for Outlook Web Site question
Does CRM 1.2 Sales for Outlook client utilize Cassini? If not, is it supposed to copy files to \inetpub\wwwroot\ or repoint the Default Web Site to another directory? I am getting errors clicking on the Activities, Accounts, etc. and the "Promote E-mail to CRM Activity" button... Yes, it uses Cassini on port 2525. No, files don't need to be copied to inetpub. Mike "Jim Scavuzzo" <NOSPAM-scavuzzoj@ecg-inc.com> wrote in message news:eTbk8jW9DHA.2044@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Does CRM 1.2 Sales for Outlook client utilize Cassini? If not, is it > suppose...

sync money bill calendar with outlook calendar
Hello all - I have been reading though some of the posts on this subject and it seems as though there has not been a link between them in the past. Just wondering if anyone knows if this has changed? I am using MS office pro 2003 and MS money 2006 small business. It would seem that some of these posts requesting this excat same thing date back 3+ years and to editions much older than that. If anyone has heard of a plug in or something like that I would greatly appreciate hearing about it. Thanks to all for any responses Terry <jtkinsella@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1142818799.4...

Money for Small Business 2004 Budget
When I try to open the Monthly Budget report it stalls in "loading". This only happens on Personal-Monthly Budget. All other reports open immediately. Any ideas? ...

Question on Outlook Sychronization
All, I've been asked to write an application that will allow our remote users using Outlook XP to sychronize with our Exchange 2000 server. The idea is that the app will dial in (using DUN), sync and then disconnect. They wanted the absolute minimum involvement from the user. They just want the user to double-click on an application then walk away. Now....I'm just now in the researching stage, but from what I've gathered, it looks like Outlook itself can be set up to do this, right? From what I've seen, it looks like it might be possible, but I'm not at a place where I c...

Chart formatting question
I hope this is the correct forum. I have a set of data as follows which is charted using a vertical bar chart. Each product has three possible costs depending on customer incentives. The charts initial set up has the three from group A color shaded red, then the three from group B color shaded blue, Group C's three elements are shaded green. As the data shows Group a is the lowest cost then B then C. When we put a customer incentive on one group say B som of the costs actually price below those of A. I want to then resort the underlying data so that the the chart always goes fro...

Money 2005
I recently purchased Money 2005. I previously used the 2004 version. The main reason I did this is that I got really tired of manually downloading bank statements into Money. I couldn't find a way to automate the process in 2004. I did some serious comparisons with Quicken 2005 and ultimately decided to stick with Money. Here's the problem. In order to automate the download of my bank statements, I find I have to get a passport. Also, I read in a PC Magazine article that this requires you to store your personal information on Microsoft servers. Frankly, I don't trust...

Money and slow computers --- CPU's??
I've used MSMoney since 98. I'm currently using V2003 on a computer that I built with a minimum speed CPU. I'm using Win98. Many things in Money work great but sometime the program is very slow!! I think I have everything turned off to gain a little performance. The box that MSM came in recommends a CPU speed of 300 mhz. As I would like to update the CPU for one faster, I will appreciate your comments relative to speed, especially from those using an antique computer like mine. Money is likely to seem one of your slowest applications on any computer hardware you apply to...

Sync loan accounts with money 2003 for pocket pc
How do you get your loan accounts to be on, and sync with your money 2003 on your pocket pc? ...

Re: Money & Scottrade/ cannot change online options
Yes, I have the Account List and also the ManageOnlineServices list. My Charles Schwab account has hooked up correctly and updated itself. Scottrade's won't - it doesn't even get to the part of asking for my username/password. Both of them work fine in my old file. (I started over due to an error in my file from '99., I started from scratch and exported/imported all my data to a new file). The Schwab account has the "modify services" option next to it as you described. Scottrade won't get to that point. I'm not sure to assume it's Scottrade - becauses it ...

Money 2004 Resture Backup
I experienced a system crash recently and reinstalled MS Money 2004 Standard edition. I am attempting to restore the backup file that Money creates every time I exit Money, but am unable to do so. I select the backup file to restore, select the place to put the new file, and as it begins to restore, Money disappears and I get a cryptic message saying "Microsoft Money has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I click to send Error Report <refrain from sarcastic comment> and Money restarts but I have no restored file. What am I mi...

vlookup question #3
My wife owns a t-shirt company and I'm trying to help her write a spreadsheet that will calculate price per shirt printed using a vlookup formula. The table has 10 rows of quantities in the left column and 6 colums of colors 1-6 across the top row. As long as I only use one vlookup (for a one sided print job) it works perfectly. Where I'm getting stuck is when I try to add a second vlookup for the number of colors to be printed on the back of each shirt. As long as I have a quantity of 1 to 6 it works fine. It's when the value is 0 or blank that something is going very wrong. Th...

Money 2004 #24
Has anyone had trouble after installing money getting the message..Money is unable to encrypt data ..go to internet and download latest security patch. there is no newer patches than what I have..using ie6.0 sp2 In microsoft.public.money, dale wrote: >Has anyone had trouble after installing money getting the >message..Money is unable to encrypt data ..go to internet >and download latest security patch. > >there is no newer patches than what I have..using ie6.0 >sp2 See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;327232&Product=mny ...

Formula Question #9
I'd like to enter a formula where if c1 is greater than 1 then c18 equals A if c1 is between 90-100 then c18 equals B if c1 is between 80-89 then c18 equals C if c1 is less than 80 then c18 equals D Thanks for any help. Hi Your example is ambiguous so I have amended the conditions to if c1 is between 1 and 69 then A if c1 is between 70 and 79 then D if c1 is between 80 and 89 then C if c1 is between 90 and 100 then B Given the above, try the...

Query parent elements (newbe question)
Hi, I have a XML file where I want to query elements but id of the element is buried deep inside child elements for example: <XmlRoot> <XmlPosition> <PositionRecordInfo> <PositionId>1</PositionId> <PositionStatus>Active</PositionStatus> </PositionRecordInfo> <PositionTitle>.NET Developer</PositionTitle> <PositionDescription>Some sample text here</PositionDescription> </XmlPosition> <XmlPosition> <PositionRecordInfo> ...

Filter question #3
Hi, I have a Pivot Table in Excel 2007 with data. I have a Date column. I need to filter the data so it shows me the data from 01-01-2008 and today date minus 1 day. I would like to have the data filtered automatically (without having to go everyday manually and change the filter date). I can see some auto filters to filter for yesterday, today, the last month, year to date, etc. I tried the Between option but it only lets me define dates, it doesn't let me define references to other cells or formulas (like =today()-1 for example)... Can anyone help me on this please? Thanks in ad...

Problem with recording mortgage payments in Money 2004 Small Business
I migrated from Money 2002 Small Business to Money 2004 Small Business. Had one house and one mortgage loan prior to migration. Mortgage loan payment was set up in Bills and Deposits, and every month Money would correctly post interest and principal splits when the payment posted. Now after adding another house and another mortgage, I notice that Money no longer posts appropriately calculated interest and principal amounts for either of the loans. In the loan details screen it says amounts are "Calculated". When it posts to the register, when I open splits I see that intere...

Really quick Nz(Dmax) question
Trying to create a counter field on my subform: The field on the subform that will hold the count is called "CounterNew" the mainform is called frm_weekly the subform is called tbl_encounter_subform This is my code: Private Sub Form_Current() If Me.NewRecord Then Me.CounterNew = 1 + Nz(DMax("CounterNew", "tblEncounters", "IDNumber=" & Me.IDNumber), 0) End If End Sub Nothing is happening. Can anyone tell me why? Nana :-) On 4 May 2007 09:17:32 -0700, NoviceNana <GoldenLife264@gmail.com> wrote: >Trying to create a counter field on my sub...

MS Money and Savings Bonds
Ok Microsoft, People have been posting for YEARS that Money doesn't handle savings bonds well, or should I really say AT ALL... People have their hacks, but they are just that, hacks. For gods sake Microsoft, get on the ball and put the function in, and for US savings Bonds, the database with interest rates etc. is published by the feds in the same format all the time, so heck, you could import that automagically and keep all our US savings bonds up to date.... From a loyal MS Money Customer that has been waiting FOREVER for you to do something... Make the money I spend on upgra...

Basic XmlTextReader question

can I convert Money 98 file from old computer with Money 2004?
I have Money 98 on an old computer but have recently upgraded to new computer with Windows XP. If I install Money 2004 on the new computer, I should be able to copy my old Money 98 file to my new computer and open it with Money 2004, right? Do I need to rename the file with special file extension for Money 2004 to convert? Or any other special steps? Thanks! Right. Nope. None. Assuming that new version is same locale as old version (no M98UK -> M04 US, for instance). Also, note this is how it is **supposed** to work. Some people have problems with some old files. Most don't. Whatever...

How large can the MS Money software ITSELF get, over time? (plz re
I've been using MS Money for years. The last time I upgraded it was to Small Business v 2006 as I run a small business from my home office. I have my pers and bus financials on there since the 90's (not sure of very 1st transaction...). Features-wise, there's no reason for me to upgrade or change anything, and, I also on occasion need to view certain Reports which by nature need to include data from old now-closed bank and credit card accounts so I do not want to "archive" anything at all. But.. I'm wondering, how long can this go on? that is, entering financia...