Money Plus Premier - ridiculously slow QIF imports

I have Money Plus Premier.  My file checks out fine in both Stage 1
and Stage 2 SALV.  I experience no other issues with my file.  When
importing a QIF file from Diners Club US (Citibank), it takes 45 min
to 1 hour to import less than 200 transactions.  In the previous
version of Money, this took less than 10 minutes tops.  My system
resources are NOT bogged down during this import.  I can freely use my
PC.  Money remains fully functional as well.  Any else having this
experience?
0
jkcarp (2)
12/26/2007 3:11:17 PM
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, jeffcarp wrote:

>I have Money Plus Premier.  My file checks out fine in both Stage 1
>and Stage 2 SALV.  I experience no other issues with my file.  When
>importing a QIF file from Diners Club US (Citibank), it takes 45 min
>to 1 hour to import less than 200 transactions.  In the previous
>version of Money, this took less than 10 minutes tops.  My system
>resources are NOT bogged down during this import.  I can freely use my
>PC.  Money remains fully functional as well.  Any else having this
>experience?

I suggest you consider

File->Repair->RemoveAllBillsData

This Remove All Bills Data feature would be for people who have
experienced their Money file to run excessively slow.

To get some information within the program,
File->Repair->RemoveAllBillsData
Read the information. Then click cancel.

Before proceeding, make an extra copy or backup of your file
in case you want to undo something.

The problem will be that if you remove all bills, you will probably
want to add at least some of your bills back.  This can be done
manually with the aid of the reports that you print out before
removing the bills.

A technique that could help simplify re-entering your bills
afterward would be to go your register and selecting a
representative instance of your past bill and selecting "Make
Recurring" (Ctrl+E).  This would be especially helpful if the bill
is complex, such as involving a split.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Import Messages from Outlook Express 6
Hi, I would like some advice on importing messages that are currently on a Win98se machine running OE 6 into an XP Pro machine running Outlook 2003, Thanks, any help greatly appriciated, Ed <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5c9c01c3e5bb$834ea400$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > I would like some advice on importing messages that are > currently on a Win98se machine running OE 6 into an XP > Pro machine running Outlook 2003, > Thanks, any help greatly appriciated, > Ed Go here to backup your old OE: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/backup/index.htm...

Two computers, one Money file.

Money Money Money !! Agloco !!

Purchased Money Essentials wont install

money 2002 #26

Slow login and performance in GP 9
It takes several minutes to login to Dynamics GP version 9.0 and also I notice slowness in lookup screens loading. Has anyone had the same issue and know what to do to correct it? I am running XP clients and SQL 5 server. Thank, Larry I have seen slow logins when the Home Page is turned on in GP 9. Try disabling it and see if that helps. I am not sure about the lookup screens. I have heard about performance issue due to the autocomplete feature saving so many items. you can change the autocomplete parameters in Tools -> Setup -> User preferences. Hope this helps. David &q...

money 2005 #11

Duplicate Funds in Money

Microsoft Money in Australia

MFC-based FTP Transfer is slow
Hello, I was building a simple FTP client using the CInternetSession class and the GetFtpConnection() which returns a pointer to the FTPConnection object. I was doing this in synchronous mode. No callbacks etc. I then use the PutFile() to upload a file. I was able to upload a file without any problems. But the tranfer rate was extremely poor. By poor, it's less than 20% of the speed that I get using the command-line FTP in Windows. The TcpWindowSize in the registry setting is at 1MB. The client and the server here are on Win2003. I am using IIS on the server. Is there any setting that M...

MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!

Problems with Money 2005

Money 2000 user guide

money vs simply accounting

Money Data #2

Money 2004 Error 1335 #2

Slow email
When i try to send email to internet users it's taking a long time to get to them, for example, 2 hours. This is for pretty much all the email that are being sent from anyone in the office. We don't have any problems receiving. Has anyone experienced this before? Thanks Hi Lake, Can you give us a few more details on your configuration? Do you have a 5.5 server, or a 2000 server, or a 2003 server? Does your outbound connection (for example in Exchange 2000 it's normally an SMTP Connector) have a schedule defined on it. [For Exchange 5.5 it's the IMC] Kind Regards,...

Reinstall Money Plus problems

Repair a Money data file? MS Money or MSN Money?

Slow response in spreadsheet
I use an Excel 2000 spreadsheet to keep track of my net worth, updating it daily from a stockmarket summary. Lately it has slowed horribly. I've done all the usual things, i.e. deleted temporary internet files, defragged, lowered the security setting that usually slow things up but to no avail. Any suggestions? Droopy David McRitchie has some notes on slow response at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/slowresp.htm And did you try cleaning your temp folder? Windows start button|run %temp% is a quick way to get there. Robin Cowdrey wrote: > > I use an Excel 2000 sp...

Explorer opens Microsoft Money 2002 installation
When I do just about anything on my computer (WinXP), it attempts to install MS Money 2002. It says to insert the CD. Just opening 'My Computer', or anything explorer related will result with "Please Insert the Money 2002 CD". I dont have the CD. MS Money is installed, I think it came with the computer. If I try to uninstall Money, it says to insert the CD. Ive looked at the CD bundle that came with the computer, but cannot find Money Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Dave If Money came with the machine, you might need to contact your supplier an...

Money 2006 for PPC: does it work?
Hi there! I'd like to know if Money 2006 for Pocket PC works for Windows Mobile 5 (in the download page, only stated are 2002 and 2003 -> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=6f040b65-42f5-4dca-b301-9f05a8583692&displaylang=en). Another thing is: Money 2006 or Ultrasoft Moneylink? What do you advise? Is there any place where we can check what functionalities are contained in Money 2006 for PPC? Account register, etc... Can anyone help? Thanks in advance, Nuno Dionísio ...

Outlook express import of saved data file
Right before my laptop crashed I was able to export my outlook express datafiles (address, calendar, contacts, and message). After fixing my laptop and doing a complete software reload I have been able to import all my outlook data files (address, calendar, contacts)but not the message folders. On my backup CD I can see every Inbox folder - when I try to import the Inbox folder or the individual folders, I get an error message saying another program is using the file. I have also copied the message folders to My Documents to see if having them resident on my harddrive would help. It ...

Can't open 'my money.mny' in Money 2005
I bought a new PC last week, reinstalled Money 2005, and now I cannot access my carefully backed up money file transferred from the old PC and which contains several years worth of accounts. I'd be grateful for any help! Phil The message I get is: "Money cannot locate 'my.money.mny' or cannot open it, possibly because it was a read-only file, or you do not have permission to change it, or your disk drive is write-protected. If you have chosen the correct file and it cannot be accessed, you will need to click OK and open your most recent backup file. If the file is...