Money Plus - 2007 vs. 2009

I know MS doesn't advise to upgrade, but I'm curious anyway. (I currently use
Money 2007) I don't really have any concerns about online features. I will
just be using Money as a standalone, PC based money management tool. I
purchased 2009 before the deadline just as a precaution, but I haven't
installed it yet. And if I do, it will probably be on a different PC just to
tinker with and compare. But as of now, I don't even know what it has to
offer. What do you think?

Are there differences with respect to activation, which of course could be a
biggie? And what about features? If there is no activation-related reason not
to upgrade, are there any features or ease-of-use reasons to upgrade?
0
Griz (3)
7/10/2009 1:14:04 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, Griz wrote:

>I know MS doesn't advise to upgrade, but I'm curious anyway. (I currently use
>Money 2007) I don't really have any concerns about online features. I will
>just be using Money as a standalone, PC based money management tool. I
>purchased 2009 before the deadline just as a precaution, but I haven't
>installed it yet.

Make sure you don't lose the install file and key.

> And if I do, it will probably be on a different PC just to
>tinker with and compare. But as of now, I don't even know what it has to
>offer. What do you think?
>
>Are there differences with respect to activation, which of course could be a
>biggie? And what about features? If there is no activation-related reason not
>to upgrade, are there any features or ease-of-use reasons to upgrade?

I would wait to see what happens to Money 2007 in September 2009.
Yes, there are activation differences.

There are some changes that are subtle but functional.
However if you go back to Money 2007 now until September 1 2009,
you could stretch another year out of Money 2007.

The lead feature was the Insights, which will optionally watch for
and display upcoming Bills, spending, and cash flow info. It is done
using a single tray icon. It is completely optional and not pushy.

But there are quieter things that are significant.

You are able to select to have direct direct FI statements
downloaded in the background, even if there is no LiveID on the
file. That is totally optional.

Also nice is that the interaction with USB flash drives for backup
is fixed up well. It can write to drives with more than 2 GB of
space remaining, and the setting for the number of scheduled backups
to retain is honored.

A bit of a Money 2007 bug was fixed regarding entering spinoffs.

There are some other things, but that is what comes to mind.

0
via_newsgroup (13114)

Money #28
I have loaded money 2004 on my computer and I am trying to down load my bank statement. I keep getting an error message C:\window\tempoary Internet file\content.IE5 \4B7FYG9T\history(1).QFX is corrupt or is not a MNY. extension. How can I fix this? Money does not import the QFX file format. Does your bank offer OFX or QIF? Try one of those. "Howard Benson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28ebc01c4655c$967122d0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have loaded money 2004 on my computer and I am trying to > down load my bank statement. I keep getting an ...

formula for money additions & subtractions
I am trying to get a formula to calculate payroll deduction for cas register +/-. When an employee is over by $10 or under by $24, th difference comes out of thier check. Example: if somone is -25.00 for the month $1.00 would come out of th check. If someone is +11.00 then $1.00 would come out of the chec also. the +/- for the month is in one cell so i would like the formula to b able to read that cell and figure out if it is too much or little fo the deduction. this is the greatest sight that i have ever found and i hope someon can help me Thank you, Mik -- Message posted from http...

Windows Mail vs. Oujtlook Express
Is Windows Mail as good and reliable as Outlook Express? I never lost a sent message using Outlook Express. Windows Mail seems to be a lower version of Outlook Express. How do I check out Windows Mail performance rating? Not sure what your point is. Use OE on XP. Use Windows Mail on Vista.=20 OE won't run on Vista, so you have no choice about it. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "skyler" <skyler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:DF218843-B9ED-4377-AFFB-E2971...

SMTP Virtual Server
We're making the switch from Exchange 5.5 to 2003 as many are, and we're trying to mimic our 5.5 IMS restrictions on 2003. What we had was to allow only from hosts usin authentication, then specified by host in the old IMS which IPs were alowed to send through the IMS. This allowed us to track which servers were using smtp and to keep out unwanted spam and virus type worms etc. With 2003 there is a connection and a relay tab. we have "Only the list below" on the connection tab, and duplicated the list from our 5.5 IMS settings. However, theis did not allow mail to flo...

Visio EA vs Visio 2003?
Hi All, I was hoping a few of you could shed some light on a question that has been popping up among my developers. Many of whom are currently running Visio for Enterprise Architects that is available with Visual Studio.NET. I believe it is the same version of Visio regardless of whether you are using the 2002 or 2003 version of Visual Studio Enterprise. Please correct me if I am wrong. The big question I am hitting is: What reasons are there to upgrade to Visio 2003 (v11?) if you are already running Enterprise Architect of v10? Also, is there an EA version for Visio 2003, or would you b...

Money 2006 won't open
Recently had problems with the IE8 upgrade. It screwed up everything so much that I'm back with IE6, which seems to be working OK. But now MS-Money won't open. The msmoney.exe file is running because I can see it in Task Manager. Even when I end the process in Task Manager, the program still won't open on the desktop. Rebooting doesn't solve anything. Any ideas? Windows XP, SP3 Have you tried: 1) Opening the Money Sample data file? (This will isolate problems with your data file from problems with the application itself.) 2) Reinstalling Money? "snavegerg...

Show All Groups in 2007
I've looked for this setting, but can't seem to find it -- or, maybe it's not available (which would totally surprise me) -- is there a way to always "Show All Groups" in Access 2007 as opposed to having to right click on the navigation pane and activate all the time? I prefer to see all my objects at once. Thanks for any help. Yes: the top of the Nav Pane has a drop-down. Choose: All Objects. To see them sorted like previous versions, right-click on the top of the Nav Pane, and choose: Category | Object Type -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, W...

Net Worth Report on Money 2002
I have added a new liability account named "Home Equity Loan Account". It has a balance of approximately $15,000. Even though I have cleared and rechecked the account names in the reports section making sure that this new account has been marked for inclusion, it doesn't appear on the report. What corrective action should I investigate? ...

Outlook 2007 256 Color Mode
Just returned home from a business trip, opened up my Outlook 2007 and it was UGLY! Looks like its running on 256 color mode or something. Running on Microsoft Vista / Office 2007 / Dell GX620 pc. It was working before I left. Not sure what cause or solution is. Tried doing a Office Repair...no affect. HELP! If you have a solution, please e-mail me at mcsims@gmail.com as I may loose this site location. Thanks...Michael Is it ONLY Outlook that looks that way? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com <mcsims@gmail.com> wrote in message ...

access 2007 and custom toolbars in earlier version
Is there a way in Access 2007 (Enterprise) to modify a custom toolbar created in say Access 2002? In the help there are only topics about the quick access toolbar. I want to modify the action of a button, but right clicking and choosing customize, like used to be so easy (once you get used to it), is no longer possible. Does that mean no more custom toolbars and no backward compatibilty here? Help would be very welcome as the user friendliness of my user's experience is at stake here. ...

Messages stuck in Outbox + Heavy CPU load Outlook 2007
Hi, I am using Outlook 2007 with Windows Vista Ultimate. I have a very annoying problem. On a random messages, Outlook "decides" that a certain message will not leave the outbox whatsoever, even if I will write the same message again and again. It happens usually with attachments (usually small ones) but not always. This is what is happening usually: I am writing the message as usual, and trying to send it. In the lower corner, Outlook informs that send/receive was completed successfully but the message remains in the outbox, and somehow blinks a little (if I can describe it ...

I can't run My outlook 2007 as its capacity is exceeded. How can .
My outlook 2007 has exceeded is maximum capacity two days ago and since then I can't run it since I am always getting a system comment saying that I need to empty folders to have it back - which I did inquite a large number os them. Now I would like to know how can I overcome this situation since, as I said, I have emptied quite a lot of folders and no result was obtainesd so far. Kindly help me with your advices. the soonest if possible Thanks Graça Maria Portugal There is no such thing as Maximum Capacity in outlook. How many emails a day do you receive? ...

How can I prioritize tasks by number in Outlook 2007?
I am trying to create a custom priority for my tasks in Outlook 2007, but I'm not able to edit the field that was created when I changed the settings to include a custom priority. I'm trying to put a number into it, so that I can sort my tasks in a certain category by number, but I'm not able to. We aren't watching you and your explanation is missing details. Where in Outlook are you trying to view the Tasks? There are 3 places to see Tasks. If in the Task Folder, what View are you in? If in Tasks folder you probably need to turn on in-line editing. Regards Judy Gle...

Suggestion for enhancement to Money
Money 2003 contained a feature to track frequent flier miles and points, however you have to do it manually. It would be nice to have an update feature like with bank accounts and investments so a person doesn't have to type all that in. Well, it takes two to tango. Given that all of the airlines are in bankruptcy or are desperately trying to stay out of it and given how very few Money users care about this feature, I'd be really surprised to see Microsoft worry much about convincing the airlines to support such an interface. Besides, the banks don't do such a hot job with th...

Money 2006 Investment Account balance display
I have two Investment Accounts (401k) in Money 2006 Deluxe. For some reason, Money stopped displaying the account totals on the Account List page. It used to show the account balances and the subtotal for all of my investment accounts. Additionally, I now notice that each account now has a second account with the same name, but has the word "Contributions" added in parenthesis. This seems to be new as well. The data in the accounts still seems alright. My investment subtotal on the Account list page shows a zero balance and there is no balance listed for the accounts the...

Serious problem with Money Plus Deluxe
I have about 17 years worth of investment data in my Money file along with several years of credit card and checking account data. All of the investment transactions have been entered manually; the credit card and checking account data is downloaded online. Stock prices have been updated daily over at least the last dozen years. On Friday, after entering a bunch of new transactions which were accepted normally and shutting Money down, I tried to open my file again. After I entered my login info, Money gave me the memo that it had "encountered a problem and was shutting down.&qu...

Money 2007 H & B + Windows Vista
Hello, I have read a lot about problems with installing and using Money (2007) on machines running Windows Vista. Is there some kind of "manual" how to go about the install procedure? A manual that describes where to have the program installed installed and where to keep the data? And a manual that describes how to keep the rights as an administrator as you would normally have under windows XP? And maybe there are some other issues that I haven't thought about. Thanks, Eric "Eric" <nomail@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:468fe69d$0$37724$5fc3050@dre...

Excel 2007. How do I get un-installed add-ins off the toolbar?
I have 2 Large Icons on the ribbon/toolbar of Excel 2007. These are Omnipage and s-force. Both of these have been uninstalled and I have de-activated both add-ins. How do I get these off the toolbar forever? thanks ...

Money 2006 Standard
I've just started to use the Money 2006 and I'm trying to move from the Essential Budget to the Advanced Budget, but the software does not move to the selected option. Is there any action to correct this problem? I was using a very old Money version (97) and the file was converted without any problem with budget data in the Advanced format, but as I can't select the Advanced Budget I'm not able to change anything in it. Is it possible to somebody help me on solving this problem? Thank you very much -- Bob Campos Have you tried doing a File - Repair, Bob? -- Michael Gor...

Transaction error in Money 2007
Since TAXCUT is out and Money is free with it (Staples), I purchased and upgraded from 06 to 07. My first download resulted in a transaction on my Fidelity account that listed the sale of one mutual fund and the purchase of another. Following the prompts I accepted each transaction but received the following error: An error occurred but Money was unable to retrieve and display details about what happened. (Resource = rcmpiad. Error = 4061.) I have tried deleting the transaction but it continually says 1 transaction to read. I have run salvage and it claimed to fix some on-line issue...

Help! Can't Restore my "Old" Money 2005 Backup
Help! Can't Restore my "Old" Money 2005 Backup. Windows 2000 replaced by Windows XP Home on C:\Drive. D:\Drive contains data and Backup only. PC is on a wired Home Network . I recently upgraded from Windows 2000 Pro to Windows XP Home. I wiped the C: Drive clean (formatted) and did a "Fresh" install of Windows XP Home. I reinstalled Microsoft Money 2005 Deluxe, then tried to restore my "old" 2005 Money Backup file (My Money Backup.mbf) from both D: Drive and USB thumbdrive. The Restore shows a default location ..."C:\Program Files \My Money.mny&quo...

re-download MS Money instructions??
I purchased and "installed" MS Money Deluxe today on the Internet. I have the order confirmation and codes in hand. After removing my prior version of Money Deluxe 2006 ..I received a message saying that Money could not "install files needed" and for me to "re-download the program". Where/how do I "re-download: the program? the M S Money page that I found tells me to get the code and purchase information in hand...but..stops there. Is there a site I go to re- download? thanks for any help. Rich In microsoft.public.money, rich wrote: >I pur...

from Money 2004 to 2005 Small Biz Edition
I am sure that I can open the mny file at 2004. But its show error message when I upgrading my money file. The message show " Money Cannot locatemny file" or cannot open it,possibly because it is a read-only file or you do not have permission to change it or your disk is write protected. My Os is XP SP2 (T-Chinese). Is anybody upgraded successfully? I also have the same problem... What is the cause?? I cannot covert the 2004 file to 2005 version at any means.... "Jesse" <Jesse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6754B1C-D719-4DC1-807C-1D2CFD22AA...

Rich Text formatting in Access 2007
In Access 2007, is it possible to add rich text formatting to text in a memo field (or mixed formatting within any text field). I have just upgraded to the new version of Access, and it appears that this feature still has not been added. Is this correct? (If so, why?) If it is not possible to format individual words within a field in Access, , is there a simple, free add-in that will enable Access to do this kind of basic formatting, such as adding italic, bold, and underlining? Thanks very much for any information you may have. Bob Rich Text format for Memos in: Tables - Look in t...

Money 2004 Trial
For those who haven't found it yet, the Money 2004 Deluxe Trial (60-Day) is available from this Microsoft Website: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=57c72970-36ec-495b-ad60-110e08e57abb&DisplayLang=en Pretty cool for an unannounced product. Thanks for posting! "Harlan Landes" <google@harlanlandes.com> wrote in message news:56aa4573.0307212031.ae32bbe@posting.google.com... > For those who haven't found it yet, the Money 2004 Deluxe Trial > (60-Day) is available from this Microsoft Website: > > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...