Money keeps changing downloaded ATM withdrawls to Verizon. argh!

For many years, Money recognized ATM withdrawls and assigned the correct
payee and category automagically.  I don't know what I did, but now every ATM
withdrawl comes up as a telephone bill payment to Verizon and I have to
manually change it.  This happens regardless of the ATM withdrawl amount.
What can I do to put things back?  It's killing me.

Using Money2005, btw.

Thanks in advance for any help.

-josh
0
JoshM1 (7)
7/19/2005 5:43:01 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Nevermind.  Found the payee match settings.
0
JoshM1 (7)
7/19/2005 6:31:06 PM
Can you tell me what you did to correct this?  I am having a similar problem
with downloads.  All transactions at Food World are downloaded as the local
power co. and I have to change it.

0
me8028 (83)
7/20/2005 8:30:57 PM
I went to Payees, clicked on Verizon, clicked on Go to Payee button, clicked
on Go to Payee Rules Manager button, found the name of the ATM downloaded
statement name in the list on the right side under Preferred payee matches
and deleted it.  Next time it was downloaded, I matched it to ATM Withdrawl
and it worked fine for the next one as well.

-josh
0
JoshM1 (7)
7/20/2005 9:04:05 PM
It depends upon which version of Money you are running, but in the more
recent versions you can find the prefered payee names table that is used
to convert the downloaded transactions.  Go to that table and delete the
ones that you do not want translated. Thus find the Food World to power
company conversion and delete it.

If you do not want this conversion at all, go to your setup and turn it off.

If you can not find it, tell us which version you are using.

granjan wrote:

> Can you tell me what you did to correct this?  I am having a similar problem
> with downloads.  All transactions at Food World are downloaded as the local
> power co. and I have to change it.

0
art4580 (318)

Changing 'track changes' default settings in an existing file
I routinely receive documents created by others that require the use of tracked changes at the point that I receive them, not before. New documents that *I* create always have the settings that I prefer--inserts blue, deletions red--but the received documents are all set to 'by author.' I'm working with people who are confused/upset/occasionally panicked by the on-screen craziness of a file with more than one editor, and all they really need to see is what's going in and what's coming out anyway--hence my dislike of 'by author'. I understand that I...

Two computers, one Money file.

Money2004 Duplicate Check Numbers download
This is Money 2004. When I download my transactions from the bank all of my transactions come down with check numbers even if they are not checks. For example, if I bring down check number 345 then the next few transactions which are debits will also come down as 345. They should come down with no check number. I checked on the bank website and they don't have numbers there but when they hit msmoney, the number appears. Is there some change I need to make to not assign a number when the transaction hits money? Chas. ccoe@comcast.net ...

PDF'ing Project in a way that keeps Expandable/Collapsable structure intact?
I use the resource usage view with an applied grouping that groups our resources based on our company two level resource outline code. This works great in summarizing our costs, so this view is the one I use for our budget reports (I collapse everything to the outline code summary level and print to PDF with the intent of emailing it to the respective parties). Overall it is a good system. My only problem is sometimes there are notes explaining any large cost variances (at the assignment level), but there is no way to write these at the grouping summary levels (project won't ...

Money Money Money !! Agloco !!

changing from outlook express to outlook #2
is it possible to change e-mail addresses from outlook express to outlook with out doing it manualy? also, i'm having trouble getting the e-mails to come into ouitlook. (i took out the servers in outlook exp). ...

Purchased Money Essentials wont install

money 2002 #26

Changing only Legend Text
Is there a way just to change the legend text, without affecting the axis label in Excel 2003? If I go to Source Data, it has one entry for those labels. Thanks, Alan In the chart, if you right-click the legend, there should be a tab to change the font size. This should allow you to change the font only for the legend. "Alan" wrote: > Is there a way just to change the legend text, without affecting > the axis label in Excel 2003? > > If I go to Source Data, it has one entry for those labels. > > ...

Is it possible to change the texts on a CFileDialog?
hi, Is it possible to change the texts on a CFileDialog? I need it to change the language of those texts. thanks, Behzad http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/customize_dialog.asp Tom "bn1" <bn1@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eq74mFelEHA.1356@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > hi, > Is it possible to change the texts on a CFileDialog? I need it to change the > language of those texts. > > thanks, > Behzad > > ...

money 2005 #11

Reassigning accounts changes owenr on ALL objects....
We had a sales guy leave so I reassigned his accounts to various other reps....worked great EXCEPT it reassigned all objects related to that Account....even the completed ones. Where it screws me up the most is on orders already created and the reportinig that I have created....it moves those historical orders to new rep. reports have to be based on order owner vs created by because we have admins that do some order entry. Is there any way to reassign account and NOT have it change the owner on any activity/order/etc that has been completed or is in the past?????? maybe an append query at th...

Duplicate Funds in Money

formula to change font colour depending on which cell it has used
I have received some great help on here and again I am seeking more guidance (sorry). I have been tasked with setting up some spreadsheets at work to on applications coming into my department and the number of days it takes for us to deal with them. I am also looking at number of written enquiries as well. Using the following headings Application Received (B4), Enquiry Received (C4), Completed Date (E4). Then using the following formula =NETWORKDAYS(IF(B4<>"",B4,C4),E4,$A$119:$A$158) So that it will look at B4 determine if a date is in the cell if it isn’t...

Microsoft Money in Australia

Saving Changes in Transactions.
In Batches; when you go into a Transaction and come back out, the program asks you if you want to save changes. Your choices are "Save", "Delete", "Cancel". If you don't want to save changes and choose "Delete" it deletes your transaction from the batch. This is very misleading and leads to information loss. I have had several customers complain about it. We would like to see the "Delete" changed to a "Discard". Then if they want the transaction deleted from the batch they can use the "Delete Button" at the ...

Changing the amount of leads that appear on lead page.
This seems like it would be something rather simple to do with customizations but I have not yet found a way. Right now we have 50 leads showing per page and some people have 500+ leads is there a way to have it so that more leads say 100 or maybe even all leads appear in the my leads page. Is there a reason 50 is the default limit? I am pretty new to CRM so forgive me if this is an easy question Hi, There is a setting under Workplace-->Personalize Workplace-->General that lets one modify the number of records that show up on each page. Please note that this will change the num...

MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!

logging password changes
Is it possible to audit when a user changes their Great Plains password and then get a report on this. -- Doug Wilson Great Plains Consultant MCS Canada Are you using SQL Server? If so, I think turning on the C2 security option will audit these changes. "Doug" <Doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0DF7B95-6D10-43B1-817C-063CFA4B0ACE@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to audit when a user changes their Great Plains password > and > then get a report on this. > -- > Doug Wilson > Great Plains Consultant > MCS Canada ...

Trying to change the picture name in VBA is giving me permission error
I have something like this Sheet1.Shapes(i).Name = "picture" + cstr(i) But it gives me an permission error (70) Anyway around this ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com That should work unless that name already belongs to another shape. I get a permission denied error too in that case. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP ...

Problems with Money 2005

How do you keep Excel currency formatting during a mail merge?
I would like to be able to enter currency in Excel as a simple number (ex: 2000) and, when I merge the database to my MSWord Document using Mail Merge, I would like the number to show up formatted as currency (ex: $2,000.00). How do I do that? Debra Dalgleish posted this to a similar question: There's an article on the Microsoft web site that might help you: Answer Box: Numbers don't merge right in Word http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/assistance/HA011164951033.aspx And if you prefer the old Mail Merge helper, Word MVP Suzanne Barnhill has instructions here: http://hom...

Changes to global template
Every time I close Outlook XP, I get a window that says that changes have been made to the normal template. No matter what I do, accept, reject or just cancel, this happens every time. I do not knowingly make any changes to the template (I use Word as the e-mail editor) and this has only recently started to occur. Any clues? sounds like a macro virus dude. If your using word, You will need to delete your normal.dot file from your local machine, don't worry, the next time you open word it will re-create this file. But before you use word again..run a couple of anti-virus prog...

Money 2000 user guide

money vs simply accounting