Money Insights

I like the Bill Insights part of the new program, but it only shows my
mortage and a loan payment.  Why does it not show all my upcoming bills,
transfers and payments?
--
Money user since 98
0

Are they set for automatic payment?

If so, then the Bill Insights won't show them since it is intended as a
reminder for an action on your part (to initiate the payment). Automatic
payments don't require you to do anything.

Also check the 'Settings' since the default is only to show you the bill 10
days in advance.

Reference the "About Bills Insights" Help topic for more information

-Mark

"Craig" <Craig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I like the Bill Insights part of the new program, but it only shows my
> mortage and a loan payment.  Why does it not show all my upcoming bills,
> transfers and payments?
> --
> Money user since 98

0
abcd7779 (838)

MS Money 2005 Issues
I installed MS Money 2005 two days ago, having been an MS Money 2000 user prior to that (and I even used a version prior to that as well). I figured it was about time for an upgrade. I started with a new file, since I wanted to start from scratch, so no upgrade hassles. I have started noticing some odd behaviors. Specifically: a) When I first installed MS Money, some of the Canadian banks I use were in the list. Once I did an Internet update, they are gone. Specifically, all banks that start with the word "Canada - ...". How do I get my version of Money to recognize these bank...

Money 2005 changing security settings?
I have used Money 2005 without a problem for the past 3 years but a few days ago when I opened the programme my Spyware Doctor / Behavior Guard gave me the following message: Suspicious Activity Detected Behavior Guard detected suspicious activity in Microsoft Money (C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT MONEY 2005\MNYCOREFILES\MSMONEY.EXE). This program is attempting to change your security settings and privacy levels by modifying which websites are "trusted" by Internet Explorer. Unless you are expecting this behavior we recommend you quarantine this action I checked the quarantine opti...

How to get Money Plus Deluxe to convert my Money 2003 file?
I have Money 2003 on my desktop. I purchased a laptop that will replace my desktop. I also purchased Money Plus Deluxe for the new laptop. I do not plan to install Money 2003 on my new laptop, but I do want to transfer and convert my 2003 file. How do I do this. When Money Plus recognize that I have an existing money file, will I still be prompted to get the free online services? I already have online services for 5.95 a month. Sheila In microsoft.public.money, SLBailey wrote: >I have Money 2003 on my desktop. I purchased a laptop that will >replace my desktop. I also purchase...

Open Different Money File on Startup
I have two money files, and I was wondering if there is a way to specify which one Money should open on startup via some sort of command line. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! In microsoft.public.money, John Smith wrote: >I have two money files, and I was wondering if there is a way to >specify which one Money should open on startup via some sort of >command line. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! Yes. You could enter the name of the Money file into a command line. What is more common is to create a shortcut to the .mny file in Windows Explorer...

Moving investments from an old Money file to a new one
I'm trying to create a new clean Money file because I'm getting the error message "A File needed to run the Planner is either missing or corrupted. To resolve this problem, reinstall Money and then reopen your Money file" Reinstalling doesn't help - I think Money has a basic flaw when moving from one country to another (I moved from the UK to the US) and you change the Base currency used. So - I thought... I can easily update my bank account details again, and I haven't used the advanced planning features in ages. So all I need to really transfer over are my investme...

Downloaded Transactions present in Money 2006 but won't display.
When I download an OFX file the Banking tab shows new transactions downloaded (ie. Transactions to read...), but they don't show up in the Account Register. There was a knowledgebase article on solving this, but I can't seem to find it again. I've tried setting the Online Service Settings so that the transactions aren't automatically accepted. Then deleted the the statement, repaired the file, and redownloaded the transactions. Sometimes you get a pop up window asking you to confirm which account is being downloaded. As I remember, this should be it. Any help on thi...

Prices and price History Not Updating
I've been a Money user since 1997. I've seen problems like this come and go. However, for yesterday and today, the share prices for stocks and mutual funds seem to not be changing although the daily price change between yesterday and today shows just fine. Also, no updates are being recorded in the price history for any symbols. Any thoughts? Odd, I use MS Money 2003 and I get the price changes and the percentage changes, but no "Today's Total Change" for mutual funds, although it will show for stocks. The market value amount at the bottom of the page registers co...

Money 2007 backup errors
I have tried to backup to two different 4GB USB flash drives and Money 2007 keeps indicating the disk is full and requests a second disk. I checked the backup path and it appears to be the correct path. A further check of the USB drives, shows there is a partial backup money file on the drives, but they are considerably smaller than the compressed file stored on my HDD. I have googled for a fix, but haven't turned up anything yet. Any suggestions on how to remedy this situation? In microsoft.public.money, Boskey wrote: >I have tried to backup to two different 4GB USB flas...

Money Upgrade #3
Trying to upgrade from Money 2000 to Money 2004. When it tries to update the data file I get the message "Money cannot locate filename or cannot open it, possibly because it is read only file, you do not have permission to change it, or your disk drive is write protected......". I have run the Money repair tool and the salvage program. Each indicates thet the file has no problems. However it will not update the file for use by 2004. Any helpful tips?? Thanks in advance Right click on your money file, select properties, and de-select the read-only check box. "BobR&q...

microsoft money #11
Question for Microsoft Money developers: I use Microsoft Money 2007 - would it please be possible to include Switzerland and their SMI Market information??!! I would like to be able to have my swiss investments and their market symbols also update automatically - is a pain in the *** to have to constantly change the prices manually! Thank you -- krb This is a peer to peer newsgroup and you won't find MS here. To answer your question, there are not enough Swiss purchasers of Money to make it cost effective for MS to do what you want. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For...

Money 99- Error when updating internet information???How do I fix it??
I get this message when pdating internet information: Product Information: Money was unable to complete the operation. The Internet, banking, or brokerage server you were trying to contact encountered an error. Please try your call again later. (SMC) How do I fix it??? Please help...send any answers to: todosegalla@aol.com Thank You ...

Money Plus Deluxe download
Hi! I had purchased Money Plus Deluxe on the internet and received my activation code and install download file. After installing the software I burned the downloaded install file to a DVD and so I thought I was safe. However, that is not the case, as I recently had to do a reinstall of the OS and when I tried to copy the install file off of the DVD I had burned, my laptop couldn't read the disc. I'd go download the install file again, but it's past the 30 day limit for me to download it again. So what I'd like to know is there someone out there that can send me the ...

Converting from Money 5.0
Believe it or not, I'm still using Microsoft Money 5.0. It looks like I'm being "forced" to upgrade because my bank is no longer support the "OFC" file format and it doesn't look like I can use "OFX" in Money 5.0. Anyone know of any problems with upgrading to Money 2004 right from 5.0? Thanks, Stuart Providing you are staying in the same region for the upgrade (US > US), then Money reads all previous version's data files. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;E...

? Money Premium/Business 2004 vs. Money Deluxe 2003 ?
What investing tools does Premium 2004 have, that Deluxe 2003 doesn't. (Actually, I have Standard 2002, but was offered a free download of the Deluxe stock screener.) Is Business 2004 a superset of Premium, or does Premium have investing features not in Business? Gerard followthegold@hotmail.com Hi Gerard, Here is a link to a comparison chart of Money 2004 products. It should help you with some of the questions you have regarding features: http://www.microsoft.com/money/info/comparison.asp "gerard.gold" <gerard.gold@comcast.net> wrote in message news:1pbab.376266$...

Money 2006 slow, and transfer bug
I have a new 3.5G Intel system with XP Pro, 2G of ram, fast SATA drives, a symetrical 1Mbps DSL link at the house, and still... Microsoft Money 2006 takes about 8 seconds to respond to the "Approve" button. When I say "Work Offline", then its faster, but still unacceptably slow. Also, with the latest 2 versions, it can no longer do a bank transfer between checking and business in less than 4 days. With previous versions, and with Quickbooks, it was near instant. Nobody at the bank or at Microsoft Money can fix it. The best they can come up with is "Your ...

Q re Budgets and Money Market Investment Accounts
Hello, My goal: I would like to include the money in my money market in the Budget Planner. My set up: I set up an Investment Account to download transactions on my Money Market fund that I have with Vangaurd. Trying to figure Money's Budget stuff out, I did the following: 1) When I uncheck the "Include this account in the budget planner" and create a new budget, the transactions between my bank account and the vangaurd account show up as transfers in and out of budget accounts. This makes sense to me since the vangaurd account is not in the budget. 2) When I check...

No Disk in Drive Error when Start Money
When I start Microsoft Money 2000 Version 8 I get an error message that says There is no disk in drive ..... Please insert disk Retry Cancel Continue Then if I choose continue it starts and runs fine.. The drive is the one used when I installed. If I put ANY disk in that CD drive I do not get the message. This is obviously a bug that should not happen. It is not needed and should not ask. What is the solution as I don't want to have to answer continue every time or keep a CD in the drive. I have already tried remove and reinstall with no change. Try looking through http://groups...

Money 2003 Annoyances
I'd like my Money 2003 home page to show today's balances when I fire it up, but instead it shows something called an 'ending balance'. How can I get rid of this? Cheers Blewyn In microsoft.public.money, blewyn wrote: >I'd like my Money 2003 home page to show today's balances when I fire >it up, but instead it shows something called an 'ending balance'. How >can I get rid of this? Don't enter future transactions into the registers. via_newsgroup@please.tnx(Cal Learner-- MVP) wrote in message news:<f36qpvo2vkber5cnqq4b1cma9hsjboeu17@4ax.c...

Bank statement downloads within Money stop working after adding MSN Money as on-line service
I have a Regions Bank account with on-line access to use Money. (Regions requires a monthly service fee to provide statement downloads and billpay services through Money, by the way.) If I setup the Regions account all by itself and enable on-line services in a new .mny file all seems to work fine. However, when I add MSN Money with bill pay the statement downloads for Regions stop, even though the log shows that the download completed successfully. The downloaded balance (shown in the upper left corner of the register window) shows the most recent download date & time, but the balance st...

Money 2003 - Money UK 2005
You are right, the date on the Money box says 2004, but I realised later that it is the 2005 version - thank you Microsoft for such clear labeling! And about my older version, recently having read so much in forums about Money, I am beginning to doubt that it was a Canadian version. It did not have online function for canadian banks (only US banks which I did not use). And it came preinstalled with Microsoft Works. So I'm guessing it was Money 2003 US version. But as I said my notebook has crashed so I only have the backup version saved on an external drive. What course of action...

Sharing Money Files
There is a great deal of information in the help about sharing money files with a spouse or a partner, but it appears that "sharing" may be an overstatement. I want to be able to have both parties enter data and synchronize back and forth using Passport Network credentials. Is that possible? A post from Jan 2006 says "Nope." Has this issue been addressed in later versions? I am using Money 2005. If there truly is no way to share transaction level access to my Money file, the verbiage about sharing is misleading, and borders on fraudulent. In reality Money is a singl...

Money SB 2006
I cannot get money to run on my Windows mobile 5. Does anyone know a way to get it to work? Mobile 5 is not supported. Probably won't happen until Money 2007 arrives late summer. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "Menace" <Menace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70578D35-D158-4FEA-9180-6EC7DC1E867E@microsoft.com... >I cannot get money to run on my Windows mobile 5. Does anyone kn...

Money+ PopUp ad for Q10--offers $10 off
And effectively endorses Quicken. Maybe others have seen this, but I don't recall it reported here. I'm a little shocked given the somewhat mixed reviews. By somewhat mixed, I refer to a few reports of conversion issues, known conversion limitations like classification flattening and limited account name field width, and a LOT of reports of general unhappiness with Q as a replacement for M. I still find it hard to imagine that Q is a better choice for users who aren't dependent on downloaded data. It's not at all clear that Intuit's commitment to Q is much deeper th...

Money Plus Deluxe Activation
I recently downloaded and installed MS Money Plus Deluxe that I bought from Digital River thru BestBuy.com. I received my activation number via email, and tried to enter it in Money. However the activation code is too long from the email, and will not fit in the MS money. What do I do? In microsoft.public.money, ninoid wrote: >I recently downloaded and installed MS Money Plus Deluxe that I bought from >Digital River thru BestBuy.com. I received my activation number via email, >and tried to enter it in Money. However the activation code is too long >from the email, an...

Money Plus SP1 update fails
I have XP SP2 and today got a message when I logged into Money Plus (including online services) to update the software. Clicked OK --> Money closed, downloaded started and just before it was 100% it gave an error that the update failed and to try again later. Have read a number of posts about this and tried various solutions 1. Rebooted several times 2. Turned off windows firewall 3. Disabled virus protection 4. Running as admin 5. No compatibilities checked off under properties. Nothing works. The download stops and the get the message that update fails and to try again later....