Money in laptop and office computer

I tried money 2006 and later I bought the standard version downloaded via
internet.
Now I want to open my I downloaded the trial version, but cannot open the
file, neither want to buy another money 2006. Do I have to?.
0
lfalini (1)
3/29/2006 12:41:02 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, lfalini@cantv.net
<lfalini@cantv.net@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I tried money 2006 and later I bought the standard version downloaded via
>internet.
>Now I want to open my I downloaded the trial version, but cannot open the
>file, neither want to buy another money 2006. Do I have to?.

You can download and install the Money 2006 trial version.  When
Money uses a file with the same Passport that you used when you
bought Money, it will download the appropriate things and adjust
the version that you see in Help->About....

See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;889930
and follow it if you want your Money file to use the same Passport
on your Money file that you used when you bought Money.

If you want something other than to do that, do something slightly
different.  Create a NEW empty file (named perhaps Temp.mny) that
you put the referenced Passport onto.  Let Money download data that
it needs.  Close Money.  Restart Money.

Confirm that Money shows the right version.  Then click on your
real Money file that is shown on the bottom of the File menu.
0
via_newsgroup (13114)
3/29/2006 2:37:00 PM
please read - retype your question

"lfalini@cantv.net" <lfalini@cantv.net@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I tried money 2006 and later I bought the standard version downloaded via
> internet.
> Now I want to open my I downloaded the trial version, but cannot open the
> file, neither want to buy another money 2006. Do I have to?.

0
bobb146 (122)

I can't install office it says the setup file is already running
I can't install office it says the setup file is already running. I installed office on my system a few weeks ago. now I get the error message, that says I should upgrade to SP2. But I thought I was running that and I have never had that message before on any system I have installed it on. Can someone tell me wat I am to do. So what happens if you run MS Update & install Critical updates? "Bighammo" <Bighammo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6F30ADA-FA05-4A1F-83C7-4056D65971DB@microsoft.com... >I can't install office it says t...

Explorer to open Computer not My Docs
Hi, When I used to open Explorer I always got "My Computer" above "My Docs" in the list, and "My Computer" was always the expanded one. Now "My Docs" has moved above "My Computer" and that is the expanded list. A small problem I know, but irritating as I always want to get somewhere in "My Computer" first without collapsing one then expanding the other ina position I'm not used to. I believe is has something to do with "%root% type commands, but I cannot remember. Any help appreciated. Richard. "Richard&...

Money 2004 in Windows Mobile 5.0
Hello, I just buy a handheld HP 2490, this have a Windows Mobile 5.0 for Pocket PC, somebody know who i can sync my transacction with this handheld. Microsoft Say windows mobile 5 don't have the sync program (ALWAYS MICROSOFT) Short answer - you can't. -- Michael Gordon "jmcs" <jcw2000@intelnet.net.gt> wrote in message news:ubExwHsAHHA.2328@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I just buy a handheld HP 2490, this have a Windows Mobile 5.0 for > Pocket PC, somebody know who i can sync my transacction with this > handheld. > > Micr...

Money not updating online
It seems that Money goes to www.spcomstock.com to get quote updates (look in my information sheet) ... however that site has change to www.comstock- interactivedata.com. Now online updating in Money doesn't work ... at least mine doesn't. Try to go to the www.spcomstock.com and you'll time out with an error. I don't see any way to change how money accesses the web site. Thoughts .... am I off base. Have read other notes on the subject and suggestions around firewalls etc. I haven't changed mine, but just in case turned it off and still money won't update....

"Floated" (or loaned) Money paid back in cash
All, I'm sure variations on this question have been asked before, but I can't seem to find an answer that makes sense in my situation. I have a cash account that I use for loaning money, borrowing money, etc. I call it Misc. Assets and Liabilities. I've used this successfully in the past when I've floated someone money--for example, I bought my mother's computer on my credit card. She sent me a check, I put the deposit against that account, and all was well. In my current situation, I pre-paid my volleyball team fees. The total was $360, $60 of which was for myself. ...

Can't install Microsoft office small bus. ed. 2003 on new computer
My computer quit last week, so bought a new one. My old computer had Windows XP and my new one has Windows 7. My old computer had Works 8 on it and then the Office Small Business Edition 2003 upgrade. Tried to install these two on my new computer, Works installed ok but have had trouble with the Office. I first thought it had to do with it being Windows 7, but from what I've read that shouldn't be a problem. There was also a trial version of office 2007 on my new computer and I thought that maybe was a problem. I had trouble uninstalling that, but finally got it done. N...

Money 2000 isn't importing downloads from citicards.com
Hello. Usually (every month), when I balance my credit card, I download my statement from citibank. However, when I tried to do this today, the download seemed to happen, but Money never reacted. Is there a way to do this importation manually? Thanks. Todd Todd, Not sure what Citibank card you have, but for mine, Citibank stopped offering direct access from within Money (and Quicken, etc.) Also, on their website, I can no longer even download a Money format from there. All I can download is a standard "QIF" format. That comes into Money just fine, but you have to tell Mo...

Outlook 2003 and Office 2007
I was using Outlook 2003 configured with Exchange 2003 in the company. Recenty I installed MS Office word,Excel & Power point 2007 in the same pc. Now when a mail arrives to Outlook 2003, a message box with the following message pops up. "Please wait while windows configures Office 2007 Professional Plus" The order in which I installed Outlook 2003 and word,excel,ppt 2007 etc is by installing 2003 first. I would like to use Word,Excel & PPT 2007 along with Outlook 2003 in same pc with out any issues. Request your HELP Robin Not withstandi...

Serial problem

Microsoft Money Plus and future versions
We have been asked to post the following by the MS Money Team. Annual Release Change .. Microsoft Money Plus continues to be a valuable tool for our customers; however the feedback we are hearing is that the incremental updates to the software don't merit a new product every year. Given this, we have decided against releasing a 2009 version of Money Plus. .. We are moving off of an annual release cycle for Microsoft Money Plus (no Money 2009 version in the fall), with future release dates TBD. Money Plus continues to be a valuable tool for our customers, however the feedback we ar...

microsoft office 2007 publisher
I think I deleted microsoft office publisher by accident. I went to open a document for school with microsoft word and it would not let me. How do I correct the problem? Valerie wrote: > I think I deleted microsoft office publisher by accident. I went to > open a document for school with microsoft word and it would not let > me. How do I correct the problem? ============================= I'm sure you are aware Publisher and Word are two different apps...what is the extension on the file you cannot open? -- John Inzer MS-MVP Digital Media Experience Noti...

hebrew in office 2004 and 2008
hey can write in hebrew, however it makes a lot of problems. also, when i open a word document in hebrew it writes it from left to right instead right to left.<br> what can i do? sorry, no right-to-left support in MacOffice. Google for two programs called Mellel and Nisus Writer, and possibly NeoOffice. medic07@officeformac.com wrote: > hey can write in hebrew, however it makes a lot of problems. also, > when i open a word document in hebrew it writes it from left to right > instead right to left. > what can i do? I received and installed Microsoft Office for Mac yest...

money 2004 and downloads
Just upgraded from money 2003 to 2004 problem when trying to update stocks etc via internet it say problem with install re install using original disks , I have tried this and it makes no difference , it worked perfectly in 2003 and yet since the upgrade only once have i been able to download prices , the money update part of the program returns no errors just the stock prices section anyone else have this probem ? thanks Did you disable your virus and firewall programs before installing 2004? Did you uninstall your previous money version before installing 2004? "John R" <info...

Upgraded both of my macs to Office 2004 and wish I could have Office x back! Any help?!?!
Hi, I am running a G5 Imac 1.8Ghz and a G4 Powerbook 1.5GHz and have been happily running office X on both machines for as long as I've owned them (1 and 2 years respectively) Before the Pbook, I also had an I book running Office X for 18 months with no troubles. I just installed Office 2004 2 weeks ago, and am consistently noticing, on both machines, serious system slowdown over the course of the day. To the point where, by mid-afternooon, my system needs to be restarted. The symptoms are identical on both macs (naturally the Pbook runs even slower than the G5 as these problems advan...

msn money stock quotes options symbol changes
Since the change to stock options symbols I have been unable to get stock option pricing. I have tried several forms of the new symbols (I cant seem to find a definitive description of the proper symbols) and nothing works. I have seen a couple references online by people that claim they got it to function but they don't include any working examples. Will the msn money stock quotes addin continue to work with stock options, and if so, please give an explanation and more importantly at least one actual working example. ...

Using money on another computer
I am using Microsoft Money 2003 D&B. I have my computer networked with my secretaries computer. I want her to pay my bills on her computer. I tried installing money 2003 on her computer (after uninstalling on mine) and it appeared to install properly but when I try and start it using the desktop icon that was installed it pops on and then off with no error message. I use Windows 98 on her computer as there are some old programs I use that only work on that operating system. Any solutions or suggestions. Also is there anyway to use this program over the network so that it ca...

I've downloaded and accepted a lot of transactions YTD that have all been auto-reconciled. I didn't realize that was happening until I wanted to balance against my paper statement. Is there a way to select multiple transactions (all) and mark as unreconciled? In microsoft.public.money, bran100 wrote: >I've downloaded and accepted a lot of transactions YTD that have all >been auto-reconciled. I didn't realize that was happening until I >wanted to balance against my paper statement. > >Is there a way to select multiple transactions (all) and mark as >unrecon...

Asset Allocation
I have noticed that the Asset Allocation settings for each individula investment does not always translate to the Asset Allocation section of the Investment tab and the report section for AA. To make matters more confusing - the same accounts are reported differently between the two separate sections. Are these just bugs in teh code base or is there a way to repair the problem? Steve ...

Money 2003 #14
Recently, in the Portfolio Manager, 'Today's Total Change' for funds is not posting. All others OK. This is also affecting the "Change: $$$" at the bottom of the portfolio. No help on line. No QFEs for this version. Any ideas? -John ...

Sending from 2 different computers
I have Outlook 2003 on my desktop at home and 2002 on my laptop while traveling. My server is Comcast. I would strongly prefer to use Outlook (rather than Comcast's webmail) on both computers. I have configured Outlook on both computers to receive email. I can also leave a copy on the server so it can be downloaded again later on the other computer, assuring that I always have copies of all emails no matter which computer I'm using. Problem is I can't send from my laptop. I've tried Comcast's instructions for configuring Outlook 2002 for use while traveling, but it doesn&...

Calculate in Today's Money?
I have a spreadsheet that lists the estimated balance in a savings plan each year for the next 25 years. I also have estimated the rate of inflation at 3.5%. Can anyone tell me what formula I would use to display the balance in "today's money"? Thanks! Rick B Okay, I think I figured it out... =F7/(1+((B7-$B$5)*$K$4)) Where F7 is my ending balance. B7 is the current year. B5 is the starting year. K4 is my interest rate. Does this work? The numbers look realistic. Thanks Rick B "Rick B" <Anonymous> wrote in message news:%23JZF0cf4EHA.2316@TK2MS...

Currency in Money 99
I would like to know if its possible in any way to have in each one of my entries in Money 99 (its the last version available / released here in Brazil) an entry in another currency, for example, i would like to track today how much in US$ i spent in a entry made also in local currency (here in Brazil we use R$). Any help will be very welcome! Thanks Dan Brazil ...

Credit cards that work in Money WITHOUT Yodlee/Passport?
Which credit cards can send account info into Microsoft Money WITHOUT using Yodlee/Passport? I know of at least one: USAA Savings Bank. Others? -- David Arnstein arnstein+usenet@pobox.com In microsoft.public.money, David Arnstein wrote: >Which credit cards can send account info into Microsoft Money WITHOUT >using Yodlee/Passport? I know of at least one: USAA Savings Bank. Citicards http://www.citibank.com/us/cards/chooser/ Discovercard http://discovercard.com/ For a more inclusive list see http://www.microsoft.com/money/bankonline.aspx?FirstLetter=&FinananceOrganisationTyp...

CRM laptop clinet
I am unable to go online after installing the laptop client. I could synchronise all the files offline and when I wanted to go online again, I get a message " Microsoft CRM cannot go online. The CRM server was not found" But there is no problem with the server. I can access CRM through the web. I would be happy if someone can give a solution to my problem -- Jony Lawrence jonybl@hotmail.com schreef: > I am unable to go online after installing the laptop client. I could > synchronise all the files offline and when I wanted to go online again, I get > a message " ...

Money Plus Premium
Just installed M+ Premium on Windows 7 (64 bit) OS. I have Money 2003 installed on the old computer running Windows XP. Copied my money.mny file from Money 2003 on old computer to documents folder on Windows 7/M+ computer and started the M+ Premium program. It prompted me for password and brought up "converting file" screen. Program then stops responding. Is there a way to get my data file from Money 2003 converted to use with M+ Premium? Thanks. Bob In microsoft.public.money, bobinwa wrote: >Just installed M+ Premium on Windows 7 (64 bit) OS. I have Money 2003...