Money Data

I am using Money 2002 (simply because later version don't offer anything new
that I need) but I cannot find anyway or option that will allow me to store
the data externally.  I can store the backup in a variety of places, however,
I would like to keep the primary files, and the automatic backup, off the
hard drive and unaccessessible to hackers.  Does anyone know how this can be
done?  Thanks
0
Whiz (1)
9/11/2005 2:44:02 PM
money 28651 articles. 3 followers. Follow

You can copy your .mny file to any media you like using the normal Windows
tools from My Computer or Windows Explorer. You can also usually backup to
these media using browse from within the Money backup dialog.

Memory sticks and zip drives should be visible from within Money.
--
Regards
Bob Peel,

For UK tips & fixes see
For wishes or suggestions see
or for UK wishes http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback

"Whiz" <Whiz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using Money 2002 (simply because later version don't offer anything
>new
> that I need) but I cannot find anyway or option that will allow me to
> store
> the data externally.  I can store the backup in a variety of places,
> however,
> I would like to keep the primary files, and the automatic backup, off the
> hard drive and unaccessessible to hackers.  Does anyone know how this can
> be
> done?  Thanks

0
Bob_Peel4015 (409)
9/11/2005 4:06:19 PM
"Whiz" <Whiz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using Money 2002 (simply because later version don't offer anything
>new
> that I need) but I cannot find anyway or option that will allow me to
> store
> the data externally.  I can store the backup in a variety of places,
> however,
> I would like to keep the primary files, and the automatic backup, off the
> hard drive and unaccessessible to hackers.  Does anyone know how this can
> be
> done?  Thanks

Not sure I understand your question.  Do you mean that you want your Money
data only on an external drive and not on one of your computers internal
hard drives?   If so buy an external hard drive, firewire or USB.  Store
your Money primary files on that drive and Money will read them fine.  If
you are really worried about hackers just unplug the external hard drive
when you are done using Money.

Frankly that sounds like too much trouble to me.  If you are that worried
about hackers you can simply unplug your computer from the internet when not
using it and be completely safe.  Internet dangers are vastly overhyped.  I
have been continuously connected to the internet 24x7 for over 15 years and
have never been hacked or infected.  I run no antivirus software (total
waste of money) or software firewall.  Simply run your computers behind a
router with NAT.  That way your real IP address is concealed from the
outside and you are safe.

--
Regards,

Bill Wood
Fountain Hills, AZ

0
w.wood (230)

Two computers, one Money file.

Great Plains Requsition Managment Data Extraction for end users
For the role of Requisition Purchaser, there is not way for these users to view all outstanding req's at any point in time and answer questions such as, "What is the status of my req?" Ereq used to provided a vry simple qry that would display this information, in BP2.5 & RM there is no option to quickly and easily see ALL reqs that are out there. For instance, which approver is sitting on a req and not moving it along. Thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this su...

Command Button to Copy Data
I'd like to create a command button that will copy the data from a control on my form for the user to then paste in whatever other various application (MS or not) needed. Is there a code to achieve this?? Thanks so much! Pamela On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 07:11:01 -0800, Pamela <Pamela@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: This article discusses an easy and a hard way: http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0049.htm -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >I'd like to create a command button that will copy the data from a control on >my form for the user to then paste in wha...

Money Money Money !! Agloco !!

Merging data in workbook
I have a workbook containing 20 sheets. Each sheet is identical (used up to 80 rows, columns A to W) and is used to record peoples working hours each day of the week in different departments. Could someone please tell me how to consolidate all the data on the 20 sheets into a single sheet so that this will allow me to see how many hours were worked per day by each person. I don't know if these are complications - each sheet uses 80 rows but some of these will be blank rows; the same applies to the columns. In some cases people will have worked in different departments during the week so...

Data Exchange with a docking dialog bar
Hi all, A question from a newbie. I have a dialog bar with a combo box (edit window and drop down menu) that allows the user to select from a list of filenames. I would like to add a file to the list when the nearby "Browse..." button is pressed. Right now, my CMainFrame handles the BN_CLICKED message for the "Browse..." button. It successfully selects the file; I just don't know how to get it to appear as part of the drop-down list of the combo box. I have created a CDialog object and associated it with the resource template for the dialog box. It has a member CCo...

Purchased Money Essentials wont install

money 2002 #26

money 2005 #11

Duplicate Funds in Money

Copy and paste data from Auto Filter / Subtotal (or apply a formula to filtered data)
I have Excel 2003 at work and Excel 2000 on one of my computers at home. I am not sure how much this feature differs between the two programs, but I am defintitely experiencing this problem on my work computer: When I apply autofilter and then copy the data and try to paste it onto another worksheet, it pastes all the data, not just the visible data (i.e the data that is still visible when autofilter is applied). I have just tried this on my home computer (2000) and the results are a little more unpredictable. Sometimes it will paste only the visible data, but sometimes it pastes all the dat...

Microsoft Money in Australia

entering time data
is there a way to enter minute second data e.g., 30:43 without having to enter the hour (none of the data points are over 59 minutes duration) ---- i'm using the format [h]:mm:ss (since i want to add the values and the total will exceed several hours) --- it seems to require an entry of the form 0:30:43 in order for the cell to contain the correct value ---- is there a way to avoid entering the colons altogether thanx nick carriero It looks like you could use this code if you alter it: http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/mask-time-input.htm ************ Hope it helps! Anne Troy www.Offic...

WinUSB large data question
hi Can we use virtual memory or file mapping view buffer for WinUSB ? How can we send large data more than gigabytes to USB device ? Thank for your teaching . Hi, On 2010=E5=B9=B407=E6=9C=8805=E6=97=A5 06:23, Kid wrote: > Can we use virtual memory or file mapping view buffer for WinUSB ? Ho= w can > we send large data more than gigabytes to USB device ? I think setting up transfer requests of this size is a bad idea;=20 instead, just set up a loop that submits the data in handy chunks. Simon What is the max buffer size do you suggest ? "Si...

MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!

Turn off data access warning
I have publisher files that are linked to a Microsoft Access Table. Everytime I open one of these publisher files I get a warning that asks if I want to open the publication and access the external data. Is there any way to turn off this warning? Not sure any of these articles will be helpful Description of Office features that are intended to enable collaboration and that are not intended to increase security http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822924/en-us Do you have Norton? How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329820/en-us...

Problems with Money 2005

Money 2000 user guide

Pivor Table Data Field
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C5A644.DE8D0D20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have tried to "show" a data field after using "hide" in field = settings. How can I make this reappear? Not using Field drop down = option. The fields orgin is from the excel list and not a calculated = fields. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C5A644.DE8D0D20 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC ...

money vs simply accounting

Combining data
I'm sure there is a formula out there to do this, but I'm not finding any help in the help function in excel. I have one worksheet for each day of the month with data. I'm looking to take the data from each of those sheets and dump it all into one "summary sheet" instead of having to copy and paste each day (I'm not looking to summarize any of it). If a new sheet is added, I would like to have the data added to the bottom of the "summary sheet" Any suggestions as to how to do this? Hi, Ron has a macro to do that look into http://www.r...

Money Data #2

Money 2004 Error 1335 #2

Reinstall Money Plus problems

data field definitions in RMS database
I'm doing some custom report work using MS Access linked to the RMS SQL database. Is there a document somewhere that defines all the data field in the RMS database? I'm particular interested exactly what the fields in the dbo.VIEWITEMMOVEMENT table are used for. Thanks, Jim Thar view is actually created by the Item Movement report (or maybe Item Movement History) and is only used by that report. MS has never released a full data dictionary for RMS, but there are a couple of knowledge base artices that have some limited information. If you are on a maintenence plan, you can ...