Money-Changing Account number to handle Vanguard changes - help!

Hi:

Vanguard has changed the account numbers for its brokerage accounts. This
has caused money to download brand new accounts with nothing in them and stop
updating my old account numbered accounts. I changed the account numbers in
Account Detail page but still not working. Anyone who has any info on what
I'm missing please pass along. I cannot lose years and years of past data by
just switching to the newly downloaded accounts.

Greg
0
gcraig (37)
5/26/2009 4:16:01 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

PS: Microsoft Money Plus Premium, most recent version
0
gcraig (37)
5/26/2009 4:27:01 PM
On the old accounts, turn off on-line updates. You should then be able to
merge the old accounts into the new accounts.

- Merg

--
Today's problems don't worry me,
I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

"gcraig" <gcraig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi:
>
> Vanguard has changed the account numbers for its brokerage accounts. This
> has caused money to download brand new accounts with nothing in them and
> stop
> updating my old account numbered accounts. I changed the account numbers
> in
> Account Detail page but still not working. Anyone who has any info on what
> I'm missing please pass along. I cannot lose years and years of past data
> by
> just switching to the newly downloaded accounts.
>
> Greg

Thanks, will try that with some credit card accounts where I had to replace
cards due to stolen wallet.

"The Merg" wrote:

> On the old accounts, turn off on-line updates. You should then be able to
> merge the old accounts into the new accounts.
>
> - Merg
>
> --
> Today's problems don't worry me,
> I haven't solved yesterday's yet.
>

> "gcraig" <gcraig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi:
> >
> > Vanguard has changed the account numbers for its brokerage accounts. This
> > has caused money to download brand new accounts with nothing in them and
> > stop
> > updating my old account numbered accounts. I changed the account numbers
> > in
> > Account Detail page but still not working. Anyone who has any info on what
> > I'm missing please pass along. I cannot lose years and years of past data
> > by
> > just switching to the newly downloaded accounts.
> >
> > Greg

0
gcraig (37)

Money '04
I'm trying to use the 'Money Browser' w/in MSN Money 2004 and get "Page Cannot Be Displayed" or sometimes "Action Cancelled", but I can surf the web just fine with my cable modem...what's up with that? I've read on this forum that other users are having difficulties w/ this particular issue, any resolution would be helpful. I've tried: regsvr32 msxml3.dll in start|run also have un-installed and re-installed cookies enabled ...

Restore ability to enter 20 character PO Numbers
With the 1.3R release, RMS will not allow PO Numbers longer than 14 characters. Before the 1.3R release, RMS allowed PO Numbers up to 20 characters. After installing the 1.3R release I reported this defect. The support team responded that this change was by design. They claimed that the change was made to work around a defect - "we had a bug with inter-store inventory transfers erroring out when the PO number is greater than 14 characters". This type of quick and easy fix (crippling the UI to work around a defect) is just plain wrong for at least a couple of reasons. 1) C...

Customising page numbers
Hi, In MS Word, we can introduce the page numbers in header/footer and customize the starting page number from 2 or 3 ... instead of 1. I want to start the page number from 5 in Excel. Kindly help. - Krisunela Hi goto 'File - Pagesetup'. In the first tab is a textbox to enter your starting page (think this was introduced with Excel 2000) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Krisun wrote: > Hi, > In MS Word, we can introduce the page numbers in header/footer and > customize the starting page number from 2 or 3 ... instead of 1. I > want to start the page number fro...

Formula help... #3
In column A there are cells with team names in them like the following: NYY NYY NYY @OAK @OAK @OAK BOS BOS BOS @TEX @TEX @TEX I would like column B to list all the team names without the @ symbol and column H to list all the teams with the @ symbol. For the example I would like column B to have NYY NYY NYY BOS BOS BOS =COUNTIF(A:A,"@*") and =COUNTIF(A:A,"<>@*") -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Jambruins" <Jambruins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:135965C4-7523-47AB-88DE-D0B12B652CD5@m...

Countif formula between numbers
I'm have a bad day and can't figure this simple question out. I want Excel to count a column of numbers and show the the total cells with values between 100 and 125. The formula I have thus far is '=countif(H5:H125,">=125<=100") why is this not working??? This has been asked about a dozen times today. Homework assingment? =sumproduct((rngA>100)*(rngA<200)). modify to suit -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "dandigger" <dandigger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D44A5E6-ECAB-441D-B9D8-409D23D0369E@microsof...

Analytical Accounting #6
I am trying to find a way to do more detailed reporting from the General Ledger. Your GL is only as strong as the number of segments and the number of ways you can slice and dice the data based on the combination of segments. We have over 40,000 accounts in our GL and that is not enough. I have not read through the PDF on Analytical Accounting yet. Could somebody briefly explain what Analytical Accounting does. Nutshell version: you can create codes (and groupings of codes), and assign them to account numbers. For example, you could have one account that tracks all Grant Money receive...

outlook 2000 help file

allowing or disallowing changing the state of check box
Hi, what's the best moment to check if the user has right to change the state of check box and then to allow it or cancel it. I've tried with "before update" event procedure. It seems to work but after, when I press anything else on the form event procedure is repeating? Any help? thanx alekmil One addition: The problem occurs (repeating) when Cancel = True was applied previosly. "alekm" wrote: > Hi, > what's the best moment to check if the user has right to change the state of > check box and then to allow it or cancel it. I'...

MSN accounts dosen't work in Outlook.

Excel Edit F2 button changed for Mac???

Changing Posting Settings
I just wanted to double check that if I am currently Posting TO General Ledger in the Purchasing Series, if I change that to Post THROUGH General Ledger will this have any ill effects. I would make sure everyone is off the system, however if there are batches in the GL that were generated by the AP subledger is this ok and would it then post through the general ledger for any new transactions posted once I change this option? You are fine. Manual post any GL batches. You can do this before or after you change the option. "VDebattista" wrote: > I just wanted to double che...

Money 2005 Startup processing
Can anyone tell me what Money 2005 is doing the first minute or two after loading. It's sucking up lots of cpu cycles and is very unresponsive. I thought it was downloading stock updates etc. but my portfolio appears to have the latest information while all this processing is going on. Money 2003 did not seem to do this. Is there any setting that I can change to discourage this user unfriendly behavior? ...

how to divide a numbers in a table of data by 1,000, all at once
I've noticed in some spreadsheets that numbers are displayed as rounded...i.e. so that one isn't looking at 1,403,333 + 2,333,999 etc. but rather 1403 + 2334, etc. with a note at the top that says "000's". In one step, how can I edit all the numbers in a table so that they show to the nearest 10,000 (i.e. 1403 +2334), without dividing them one by one by 1,000? Or, to go at it from another angle, how do I divide each # by 1,000? The ROUND feature requires that I create a new table. Not exactly what I'm looking for. Enter 1000 in an unused cell. ...

Money 2002 Can't seem to download sucessfully
I have been trying for 10 days now to download banking info from my various accounts into Money 2002. Before it worked, now for some reason it is showing that it is downloading, but doesn't import into the Money program. What happened? I created a Passport to work online, but that is the only thing that has changed on my end. Can someone please help me!!?!?!?!??! >-----Original Message----- >I have been trying for 10 days now to download banking >info from my various accounts into Money 2002. Before it >worked, now for some reason it is showing that it is >dow...

Please Help
I keep getting this Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48 Locale ID: 1033 Additional information about the problem: BCCode: 1a BCP1: 00005003 BCP2: 8A000000 BCP3: 00005BFD BCP4: B67AF009 OS Version: 6_1_7600 Service Pack: 0_0 Product: 256_1 Files that help describe the problem: C:\Windows\Minidump\122609-26379-01.dmp C:\Users\Johnbebe\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-38891-0.sysdata.xml Read our privacy statement online: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...8&clcid=0x0409 If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our p...

Globally change part of a field
I have a text field that holds the file location of a picture. The content looks like this: H:\Access Data\Personnel Pictures\picturefile.bmp The "picturefile.bmp" is different for every record. Everything preceding it is identical in all records. I've moved the folder with all the pictures to a new location and need to update this field to the following: S:\Everyone\Member Database\Personnel Pictures\picturefile.bmp So basically, I need to swap out "H:\Access Data" for "S:\Everyone\Member Database" in every record. How so? Thanks in advance. Jer...

How to download into investment account?
Trying to download from the Charles Schwab & Co into my investment account. Just recently converted from Quicken to Money 2004 and then i am having issues with downloading from Charles Schwab. When i download from the FI i get transactions dating back to August which is there in the register already. Now when i make that void i cannot delete this and this is not going from the 'Review transactions' list after i download. Now tried to setup online services with a new file and when downloading have new issuew. The date range is for the past month but the cash account is gr...

Unable to create more Windows NT accounts for Exchange mailboxes
Hi Guys, Currently our Exchange server stopped allowing the creation of more Windows NT Accounts with the following error"Insufficient System Resources exist to complete the requested service".Pls is there a way out of this? We run Exchange 5.5 SP3 on Windows NT Server. -- Buchi ...

Synching with MSN Money
What's going on with synchronizing with MSN Money over the last couple of days. I can't be the only one experiencing the unexpected error has occurred problem. I use 2004. Anyone else out there seeing it? Don't feel bad. I have the same problem trying to synchronize. I don't like the idea of synchronizing and never have in the past. But the upgrade to the new portfolio manager on MSN overwrote a very old file and my portfolio is way out of date. I recently built a new system and loaded Money 2004 clean. Restored and converted a 2003 file, then tried to set up synchronizati...

Change password
I have a work book that basically holds appointments. When all the appointment slots are full I lock the sheet so changes can't be made without approval first. How can I change the password? Nevermind I figured it out. Thanks. "Anthony G of La Quinta" wrote: > I have a work book that basically holds appointments. When all the > appointment slots are full I lock the sheet so changes can't be made without > approval first. How can I change the password? ...

Macro Help #11
Hello, Need help with a Macro. I have a work book with multiple sheets. I need to make a master sheet from all the others, that will combine all the data. The first column of all the sheets contains the product model number and how all will be organized. Also if possible, when master sheet is made, can the information be assorted ascending and also if duplicate data can be removed. Thanks for any help, JR ...

Birthday / Anniversary Help
Hi, Wonder if someone here can answer this question! In previous versions of Outlook I'm sure I've seen a feature where if you store a birthday in the calendar, the birthday automatically increments year-on-year, providing a helpful reminder of how old that person is...only I can't find this feature in Outlook / Office 2003.... How / where do I find this feature? Cheers Lee There's nothing built into Outlook that will do this...perhaps you had an add-in or a macro that would do it? Where did the incremented age value show up? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** M...

Investment Account Download
My wife and I both have Retirement Accounts with The Vanguard Group. Whether or not I open her file in Money 2006, when I download HER Statement it automatically goes to MY Account. I've tried everything I know...Downloading with her account open in Money, closed in money, and no matter what I do Money automatically thinks it's my Account. Any help available? Thanks -- Jerry In microsoft.public.money, Jerry <jyeagley3@comcast.net(donotspam)> wrote: >My wife and I both have Retirement Accounts with The Vanguard Group. Whether >or not I open her file in Money 2006, wh...

Sorting some information help
HI, I have a sheet with 25 columns and up to 10000 rows. The number of rows will always be the same for each worksheet. and contain text information only. What I would like is a macro to show in 2 rows below the last row for each column, how many times the text that appears in row 1 occurs in row 2 thru (the last row) above it. Thanks in advance Chuck C Enter the following formula in cell A10002, and copy across to column Y: =COUNTIF(A2:A10000,A1) Chuck wrote: > I have a sheet with 25 columns and up to 10000 rows. The number of rows > will always be the same for each work...