Money 2008

I wanted to know anyone knew when money 2008 would be coming out.  I am
trying out money 2007 and will expire in August.  I am debating on whether to
purchase money 2007 or wait until money 2008 gets released

Thank You
0
Matthew (58)
5/20/2007 11:06:01 PM
money 28651 articles. 7 followers. Follow

Anybody who "knows" can't say.

That having been said, things have been pretty quiet on that front. Time
will tell. I wouldn't count on one by August, but it is possible.

"Matthew" <Matthew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I wanted to know anyone knew when money 2008 would be coming out.  I am
> trying out money 2007 and will expire in August.  I am debating on whether
> purchase money 2007 or wait until money 2008 gets released

There is just as much chance that there will be less functionality in a
newer version than more.  The dated key has to do when the downloads expire.
since this has to do with when you activated Money as opposed to its
version, I do not think that there is any value in waiting until MS$2008.
--
Peace,
BobJ

message news:%23F4z5SzmHHA.208@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Anybody who "knows" can't say.
>
> That having been said, things have been pretty quiet on that front. Time
> will tell. I wouldn't count on one by August, but it is possible.
>
> "Matthew" <Matthew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I wanted to know anyone knew when money 2008 would be coming out.  I am
>> trying out money 2007 and will expire in August.  I am debating on
>> whether to
>> purchase money 2007 or wait until money 2008 gets released

0
Privacy1 (389)
5/22/2007 12:23:44 AM
Marilyn & Bob wrote:
> There is just as much chance that there will be less functionality in a
> newer version than more.  The dated key has to do when the downloads expire.
> since this has to do with when you activated Money as opposed to its
> version, I do not think that there is any value in waiting until MS$2008.

I strongly second this. I've been using Money since 2002 (the year, I am
not sure what version I had at that time) and have used at least these
versions: 2004, 2006, and 2007 - and I've found not one of these
versions to offer me anything new in my Microsoft Money work flows.

That's not to say there are no changes between the versions - there
certainly are - but based on my own experience, I may as well be using
whatever version I was using in 2001.

I think someone said this about versions of cars: they have to put out a
new version for each 'model year' but you'd probably not expect the 2008
version of a car to be that much different from the 2007. Same with this
software.
0
Mr.Warmth (27)

Send free sms & save money.
Send free sms & save money. Sending bulk free sms can be highly useful in your business and earning. You can send free bulk sms using bulk sms gateways. You can also use this facility in sending greetings to your friends. http://free-bulk-sms-message-gateways.blogspot.com/ ...

Does any MS Money version include tracking vehicle fuel usage deta
My previous personal finance tracking software automatically requested mileage/odometer reading and amount of fuel and could report quickly and easily on consumption per vehicle. It boggles my mind that this simple add-on is not available on such an established personal finance package, so I assume the version I am trialing is just missing it, and it can't be a complete oversight from MS. Please could someone let me know if any version of MS money includes this facility, and if none, what other personal finance software does? =?Utf-8?B?QmFycnk=?= <Barry@discussions.microsoft.co...

Configure Server 2008 to join SBS 2003 Domain
Client has an exisiting 2003 SBS Domain. They purchased Server 2008 Ent Edition and that will be setup and configured with a software application and users before it is sent to the site that has the 2003 SBS. 10 machines are also being configured to connect to the 2008 Server before the server and computers are sent to the 2003 SBS location. Can the 2008 server be setup as a domain before it is shipped and then moved to the SBS 2003 domain once it gets there? -- Pat In a word, no. You can't join a computer to a domain without connecting to the domain. And any users you a...

Money won't start
Yesterday when I tried to start MM, I got the following: "Microsoft Money has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I tried to reinstall, no luck. Uninstalled the whole thing and reinstalled, no go. Why would I get that msg? How might get things up and running again? In microsoft.public.money, Larry wrote: >Yesterday when I tried to start MM, I got the following: >"Microsoft Money has encountered a problem and needs to >close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." >I tried to reinstall, no luck. Uninstalled th...

Money Deluxe 2004 trial upgrade problems
I downloaded the trial for deluxe a couple of months ago and recently, through money, upgraded to the real version for $42.50. They gave me a number which i stupidly didn't write down. Then something downloaded onto my computer and the "trial version" seemed to go away. The very next day I go to it and it says "trial version" again. My questions are: 1. Will i be sent a cd of money in the mail soon? 2. Do i need to use that number to do something with the program to make it better again? 3. Can i ever be sent that number again? PLEASE somebody HELP ME, Ple...

Cannot change bank access password in Money 2006
My bank changed password schemes which required me to change my password at that institution. When I attempt to change the password in Money 2006, it will not accept the change, always reverting to the original password. I have previewed as many existing discussion threads and cannot find solution. Any help is greatly appreciated. I have Money 2005 and have the same problem. Did you ever get a fix for this? "JimB" wrote: > My bank changed password schemes which required me to change my password at > that institution. When I attempt to change the password in Money 2...

Money 2005: Fidelity: Capital gains distribution appears as divide
Hello, When I receive a capital gains distribution on a mututal fund on my fidelity account Microsoft money shows this in the account register and in the Portfolio as dividend. I do not have this problem with Etrade for example. Also it seems that Dividends from Fidelity sometimes come in later than the reinvestment-purchase and this causes Moeny to "add shares" which after the Dividend is registered leads to a "remove" shares so the total number of shares is equal with the number on the account. However that leads to confusion in the Portfolio manager which then ...

How to prevent Money from rounding off the numbers?
Hello, Is it possible to prevent MS Money from rounding off the numbers to the right of the decimal point? MS Money changes $42.079 to $42.08. Thanks, In microsoft.public.money, George wrote: > >Is it possible to prevent MS Money from rounding off the numbers to the >right of the decimal point? MS Money changes $42.079 to $42.08. Enter the Quantity and the Total. Let Money compute the share price. However if you want to enter a Total of $42.079, Money is not going to let you. "Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message news:fc5300h2umej...

How do I track montly paycheck advances in Money?
Let's say I make 5,000 in gross earnings a month. My company's electronic paystub only breaks out the taxes and deductions on the monthly earnings, including 401k transfers, which are made on the last day of each month. The paystub shows the payment to my checking account made on the 15th of each month as an "advance", and only shows the net amount. I've been only tracking net pay in Money for a few years now, but I'd like to know of a way to track all the taxes and 401k transfers as well. The only way I can think of doing it is to input the paycheck for ...

Win server 2008 and 200r2
I'm going to by a book to study windows server but unfortunally there aren't many dealing with R2. Is there a difference in the interface i.e. the changes are more 'under the hood' (a book about 2008 still makes sence)? rgds Lars Hello Regamoks, Yes, 2008 R2 has additional options but the basics are the same. See here about the changes: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd391932(WS.10).aspx Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ** Please do NOT email, o...

Scheduling legacy DTS packages in SQL 2008 SP1
I have hundreds of DTS packages that I brought over from SQL2000 into a SQL 2008 Enterprise SP1 64 bit environment, on Windows 2008 R2 64 Bit. Our plan is to bring everything over as is, and convert to SSIS as time permits. I've run into a bit of a stumbling block hopefully someone out there can assist me with. I can run the dts package by running it at the command line via DTSRUN /S I can run the dts package by hand via the backward compatability design time components when I schedule a job to do DTSRUN as a cmdexec the job fails saying it cannot find the specified file, ...

Money 2005 dropped custom currency
I cannot load Money 2005 because it tells me Money no longer supports custom currency. I'm assigned to the US Embassy in Damascus, Syria, and had to use custom currency in Money 2004 to work with Syrian Pounds, my local currency. Is there a patch to re-add custom currency (Doubt it!) If not, I just wasted my money on...Money. (Good thing I made plenty of backups and still have Money 2004!) Stephen E. Wilson Damascus, Syria I had the same problem. I had created UAE Dhiram as a custom currency. When Money2005 converted the file, It asked me to select a currency instead of UAE ...

Money 2004 Not Seeing Retirement Accounts
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C4D7F2.ED9FD930 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have MS$ 2004 Deluxe and have set up multiple retirement accounts to = track. I initially set up the accounts under the Account List setup = wizard. I went through the process of setting up the retirement accounts = (selecting that it is a retirement account, 401k/403b, setting up the = funds in the account, etc.). Later on I went a set up the Lifetime = Planner.=20 The Lifetime Planner does not see t...

Money 2005 #28
I recently lost my hard drive, including my pc money file. I tryed to sync a new file with my pocket money database. ActiveSync gives an error message, saying a pocketpc file can only be sync with one pc file, and asks if I want to reset the mapping. Till then, all ok, but when I resync after the remapping, the only flow of info is from the PC to the PocketPC. Is there any way to transfer the information from the PocketPC database to a PC money file? ...

Money 2003 Reports
I am just now getting into the reports feature in money, been a long time user but have not had much of a use for them till now. Got new house, budget tight. When running a simple "income/expense report" or "where my money is going", i noticed something that really concerns me and i am now thinking i cant trust the reports at all. My mortgage payment just doesnt show up. My mortgage is setup as a loan,i have it in my regular reoccuring bills, it doesnt show up under "transfers" either. Below is a sample copy of what im getting, any help anyone, have checked eve...

HELP! Money won't open
I added a lot of data to an existing file earlier today. This evening, the file crashed right after PW entry, twice. Thinking corruption, I restored the backup from earlier today. Same result. I can't get at my data, which leaves me in panic mode. Suggestions most welcome! In microsoft.public.money, Roff Johannson wrote: >I added a lot of data to an existing file earlier today. This evening, the >file crashed right after PW entry, twice. Thinking corruption, I restored >the backup from earlier today. Same result. I can't get at my data, which >leaves me i...

Can I install Money on 2 PCs & share same 1 file over network?
Hi, I want to install Money 2004 Premium on two PCs on my home network but have them share the same one "My Money.mny" file. My goal is for both myself and my wife to be able to work the same one Money file. This is not so we can work at the same time but so that when one of us is working, we can do so from our own PC. - Can I legally install the same one copy of Money on two different PCs? - If so, can PC #2 access/use, across my home LAN, the "master" "My Money.mny" file that resides on PC #1? - If so, how do I do this? Is there a KB article that ...

Non-MSN billpay in Money 2006?
One reason I upgraded from 2005 to 2006 (and it wasn't easy) was that 2006 is supposed to allow me to continue using my bank's online bill paying service through Money 2006. I took this to mean that I would enter the payment in Money 2006, click a button, and Money would send the payment info to my bank. Well, so far it doesn't seem to work that way. Having just gotten out of the death grip of CheckFree I'm not inclined to use MSN Billpaying service. Has anyone gotten this supposed "feature" of Money 2006 to work properly? thanks-- It certainly works wit...

Money Plus Still Works
We have been with Money for a long, long time and found it quite satisfactory. However, as each version came out, it got bulkier and slower but we hung in there. Now our online access has been gone for several weeks, but it still works OK. We miss the online features, but did not use the Bank downloads as our Bank is online with our accounts so we did not need that. Our primary use was in managing our daily finances and keeping track of income tax transactions, and that still functions. If Microsoft is listening, we would be interested in purchasing a reasonably priced online acces...

FYI
I just opened M2006 and I got a pop up page: You have been randomly selected to participate in the MSN Money Preview, a sneak peek at the upcoming release of MSN Money. We're putting the finishing touches on the new site, and we need your feedback. I declined - just an FYI On Thu, 2 Nov 2006 18:46:29 -0500, "- Bobb -" <bobb@noemail.123> wrote: >I just opened M2006 and I got a pop up page: > >You have been randomly selected to participate in the MSN Money Preview, >a sneak peek at the upcoming release of MSN Money. We're putting the >finishing t...

Money 2000 Security Problem
After having to repair my Windows 2000 Pro operating system, Money 2002 will not work. I get the following message: Money cannot run because your system is unable to encrypt data at the required level. To fIx this connect to the Internet and download the latest security upgrade form: http://www.microsoft.com/money/security. I have IE6.2 with 128-bit encryption so the web site doesn't allow me to download any security updates. Moreover, since I can't open Money I can't get the Product ID to het Microsft support. Any suggestions. Bill, What is IE6.2? Could you post back wi...

money 2001 stopped working in vista
I have been using vista for about 4 months. installed money 2001 and had no problems for about 3 months. now it won't open or do anything. i've tried every suggestion i can find. reinstall, run as admin., compatibility mode, etc., but nothing works. whenever money is attempted to be opened, it thinks briefly and then just stops. nothing. no error messages or anything. money 2001 has worked fine for me and i really don't want to upgrade. any help would be much appreciated. I'm having exactly the same problem. Have uninstalled and reinstalled several times, with no suc...

Reverting to Entourage 2004 from Entourage 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I should like to revert to using Office 2004 instead of Office 2008 which I find slow and complicated. Both programmes are installed on my computer. To remove Office 2008 I need to move from Entourage 2008 to Entourage 2004. How do I do that please? > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3342438269_1163206 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-enco...

Cannot archive old transactions in Money 2004
My money file is very large and I am not able to use the archive function. When I try to archive I get the message, "Money cannot archive your file C:My documents\MoneyFiles\MyMoney.mny." If the file is being used by another application close it in the other application and try again. I have made sure that all other programs are closed when I try to archive. Any ideas? In microsoft.public.money, Marion wrote: >My money file is very large and I am not able to use the >archive function. When I try to archive I get the >message, "Money cannot archive your fil...

Money 2004 Online Services expired
I bougtht Money 2004 Deluxe a few years back. Never used it until recently. Last night I updated the software (not transactions, etc) and upon reboot, I could no longer use the Update Prices feature that fetches securities prices automatically. Did some research and looked like it was because 2004's Online Services would have ended on 9/1/2007. Apparently that software update triggered this. Money website says if this happens, upgrade to the current version of Money. However is there anyway that I just pay for the Online Services without upgrading to Money 2008? Thanks for your ...