Money 2008 - stuck at "Updating your accounts"

Money 2008 seems to stick at "Updating your accounts", msmoney.exe
then takes an excessively large amount of CPU.  I've left this run
overnight and it eventually clears but it's basically making Money un-
usable.

I'm running it on Vista 64bit - current updates etc.  I've been a
Money user forever and this is just horrible.

-trevor
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

In microsoft.public.money, tmiller9833 wrote:

>Money 2008 seems to stick at "Updating your accounts", msmoney.exe
>then takes an excessively large amount of CPU.  I've left this run
>overnight and it eventually clears but it's basically making Money un-
>usable.
>
>I'm running it on Vista 64bit - current updates etc.  I've been a
>Money user forever and this is just horrible.

I would first go to Tools->Settings->ProgramSettings and set the
(GeneralDisplay:)StartMoneyWithThisPageOpen:AccountList

That should speed up your starting, since it sounds as if the
"home" page is probably associated with the slowness.

Then Tools->Settings->HomePageDisplayOptions and Remove the
BillsAndDeposits and SpendingTracker modules.  If you still have a
problem when you go to the "home" page, remove all modules.  If the
problem goes away, you can add things back until the crash does not
happen.  Add back in the other things you want on the home page.
Let us know which was the problem module.

Also see
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926229
0
via_newsgroup (13113)
1/10/2008 3:36:00 PM
You possibly have a whole lot of "unaccepted" transactions.

After the Updating your accounts completes, go into each of your accounts
and for any that say there are Transactions to Read, accept them all.

-Mark

"tmiller9833" <tmiller9833@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Money 2008 seems to stick at "Updating your accounts", msmoney.exe
> then takes an excessively large amount of CPU.  I've left this run
> overnight and it eventually clears but it's basically making Money un-
> usable.
>
> I'm running it on Vista 64bit - current updates etc.  I've been a
> Money user forever and this is just horrible.
>
> -trevor

0
abcd7779 (838)

Never ending Updating your accounts
Hi, I upgraded my money to Plus Home and Business (v17). Since then I can not use the software because it always "updating your accounts" I already done couple repairs of the money file, removed all items from home page. I do not really want to delete all my bills. Is there anything I can do else to stop this. This is some kind of bug that money folks should repair ASAP. Are you getting a message that money is updating accounts? I am having a problem when inputing a deposit or payment scheduled for about a month in advance. When the entry is made money freezes and I have ...

Updating your accounts...
Hello, I have been using Money for a few years now, but am having an issue that I do not know how to resolve. I will try to explain as best I can, so here goes. I have a CC (Discover) that I was not able to update for about 9 months due to the fact that there is a time limit on the online updates within Money. I recently installed Money 2007 and was able to perform the transaction downloads. This is where the problem begins. Downloads and updating took a minimal amount of time, maybe a minute or two up to this point. However, by downloading transactions all the way back to Septem...

Never ending "Updating your accounts"
After opening MS Money 2007 there is a message in the upper right corner that says "Updating your accounts" with a series of arrows moving up and down. I am unable to edit any transactions during this process which never ends! When I do try to edit a transaction I receive the following message... "Your information is being updated. Click OK, wait a few moments, and then try again. If the problem continues, close and reopen Money. If you're using MSN Money, close and reopen Internet Explorer." When I click OK nothing changes... it just keeps "updating my...