Money 2007 -- QIF import - date format (not regional settings prob

Good Evening!

After a little trial and error, I am able to import account transactions
from another system (not a bank statement, my actual register transactions)
with little trouble except for the date format.

(Before someone gets mad at me, I really don't think this has anything to do
with my regional settings!)

As recommended by an MVP from this forum, I open my CSV file with excel,
then use a converter (add-in) called XL2QIF to create a qif output file.

The actual "data" in a date field in my original csv file is "060106"
(mm/dd/yy) which is June 1, 2006, for example.

Once I open the csv file in Excel, I can "format the cell" and get the date
to display in the cell as 01/06/06 (dd/mm/yy), but the actual underlying data
is still 060106.  I was hoping when I used the XL2QIF add-in and exported the
data to the qif file, the numbers would be as they were displayed in the cell
as opposed to the actual underlying data, because Money seems to want the qif
file to be dd/mm/yy.

When I use the XL2QIF converter, the qif is created, and when I import into
Money, the value 060106 comes in as January 6, 2006, instead of June 1, 2006.
 I can't find in Money 2007 where I can instruct the program to handle the
dates differently.  I also do not see any way to change how XL2QIF handles
the export of the date field.

This has nothing to do with my regional settings as far as I understand
them, because my regional settings are already set to mm/dd/yy, and always
have been.

Is there any way to tell Money 2007 that inside my qif file, the date format
of the incoming data is mm/dd/yy (which matches my regional settings, btw...)
and NOT dd/mm/yy???  OR, is this a problem with the creation of my QIF in the
first place???

I'm going nuts <insert bad language here...>

Thank you so much!!!
--
J. Raines
money 28651 articles. 5 followers. Follow

just one more thing I tried...

I manually changed all my date fields in Excel from 060106 to 010606, for
example, then used XL2QIF to create the qif, then imported into Money again.
And guess what???  Money got the dates up until 6/12/06 (120606).  After
that, the dates were blank.  (130606 and up).  Even though the first 2 digits
are the dd field, something ignored all numbers above 12, as though it were
the month field.
Yes, it's very strange...  :-)
--
J. Raines

"hisplaceresort" wrote:

> Good Evening!
>
> After a little trial and error, I am able to import account transactions
> from another system (not a bank statement, my actual register transactions)
> with little trouble except for the date format.
>
> (Before someone gets mad at me, I really don't think this has anything to do
> with my regional settings!)
>
> As recommended by an MVP from this forum, I open my CSV file with excel,
> then use a converter (add-in) called XL2QIF to create a qif output file.
>
> The actual "data" in a date field in my original csv file is "060106"
> (mm/dd/yy) which is June 1, 2006, for example.
>
> Once I open the csv file in Excel, I can "format the cell" and get the date
> to display in the cell as 01/06/06 (dd/mm/yy), but the actual underlying data
> is still 060106.  I was hoping when I used the XL2QIF add-in and exported the
> data to the qif file, the numbers would be as they were displayed in the cell
> as opposed to the actual underlying data, because Money seems to want the qif
> file to be dd/mm/yy.
>
> When I use the XL2QIF converter, the qif is created, and when I import into
> Money, the value 060106 comes in as January 6, 2006, instead of June 1, 2006.
>  I can't find in Money 2007 where I can instruct the program to handle the
> dates differently.  I also do not see any way to change how XL2QIF handles
> the export of the date field.
>
> This has nothing to do with my regional settings as far as I understand
> them, because my regional settings are already set to mm/dd/yy, and always
> have been.
>
> Is there any way to tell Money 2007 that inside my qif file, the date format
> of the incoming data is mm/dd/yy (which matches my regional settings, btw...)
> and NOT dd/mm/yy???  OR, is this a problem with the creation of my QIF in the
> first place???
>
> I'm going nuts <insert bad language here...>
>
> Thank you so much!!!
> --
> J. Raines
Hi,

Here is a QIF export from my bank for check Number 2973 in the amount of
Fifty dollars.

Notice the Date field is MM/DD/YYYY

Opened QIF with NotePad, copy and pasted below.

!Type:BANK
D12/28/2006
C*
T-50.00
N02973
PCHECK
MCHECK
^

The above QIF imports okay into my money.

Ken

"hisplaceresort" <hisplaceresort@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> [...]
| >  I can't find in Money 2007 where I can instruct the program to handle
the
| > dates differently.  I also do not see any way to change how XL2QIF
handles
| > the export of the date field.
| >
| > This has nothing to do with my regional settings as far as I understand
| > them, because my regional settings are already set to mm/dd/yy, and
always
| > have been.
| >
| > Is there any way to tell Money 2007 that inside my qif file, the date
format
| > of the incoming data is mm/dd/yy (which matches my regional settings,
btw...)
| > and NOT dd/mm/yy???  OR, is this a problem with the creation of my QIF
in the
| > first place???
| >
| > I'm going nuts <insert bad language here...>

Formatting a cell in Excel just changes the view to you, it doesn't change
the data. You could format the date column, then do a copy -> paste special
and paste the values into a new column. This can be formatted to how you
want - see if that helps in any way

--
Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money
http://money.mvps.org

See http://money.mvps.org/faq/default.aspx for tips and fixes for MS Money.
To send Microsoft your product wishes see http://money.mvps.org/wishes.aspx

> Good Evening!
>
> After a little trial and error, I am able to import account transactions
> from another system (not a bank statement, my actual register
> transactions)
> with little trouble except for the date format.
>
> (Before someone gets mad at me, I really don't think this has anything to
> do
> with my regional settings!)
>
> As recommended by an MVP from this forum, I open my CSV file with excel,
> then use a converter (add-in) called XL2QIF to create a qif output file.
>
> The actual "data" in a date field in my original csv file is "060106"
> (mm/dd/yy) which is June 1, 2006, for example.
>
> Once I open the csv file in Excel, I can "format the cell" and get the
> date
> to display in the cell as 01/06/06 (dd/mm/yy), but the actual underlying
> data
> is still 060106.  I was hoping when I used the XL2QIF add-in and exported
> the
> data to the qif file, the numbers would be as they were displayed in the
> cell
> as opposed to the actual underlying data, because Money seems to want the
> qif
> file to be dd/mm/yy.
>
> When I use the XL2QIF converter, the qif is created, and when I import
> into
> Money, the value 060106 comes in as January 6, 2006, instead of June 1,
> 2006.
> I can't find in Money 2007 where I can instruct the program to handle the
> dates differently.  I also do not see any way to change how XL2QIF handles
> the export of the date field.
>
> This has nothing to do with my regional settings as far as I understand
> them, because my regional settings are already set to mm/dd/yy, and always
> have been.
>
> Is there any way to tell Money 2007 that inside my qif file, the date
> format
> of the incoming data is mm/dd/yy (which matches my regional settings,
> btw...)
> and NOT dd/mm/yy???  OR, is this a problem with the creation of my QIF in
> the
> first place???
>
> I'm going nuts <insert bad language here...>
>
> Thank you so much!!!
> --
> J. Raines

0
glyn1 (1534)

Two computers, one Money file.

asking for password but never set one
I have been using Money 2007 for the last several months without issue (have been using prior versions for past several years). I haven;t upgraded anything for awhile. Today my computer crashed while Money was running. Upon restarting Money, it now asks for a password for the file. I never set one! None of my usual passwords work, nor do i even get to the point of asking me for a passport password. I don't know what the heck is going on. It seems people get this problem when using different versions of Money.. but i haven't changed anyting. It seems my file got corrupt but i n...

Money Money Money !! Agloco !!

Excel 2007
Out of the blue excel started to take 5 seconds to process each task performed within spreadsheets with formulas. Sometimes even just clicking in a cell takes 5 seconds to register before I can begin typing. Delay also happens when trying to toggle between spreadsheets. So frustrating. Is this an excel issue or a computer issue? Thanks, Shay ...

Purchased Money Essentials wont install

Can't copy outside of Excel 2007 after copying within a spreadshee
I do a lot of copy and paste from Excel to external files/applications and vice versa. In Excel 2003, I could copy a value in a spreadsheet, paste it into an external tool or file and run a search or process, copy the results from the external process, then paste back into Excel. However, since moving to 2007 I can no longer to do this. I am able to copy the value in Excel and paste it externally, but when I try to copy an external value and paste it back into Excel, the value that I copied in Excel is pasted instead. It's basically ignoring the information that I copy ou...

money 2002 #26

Exchange 2007 on DC single server
Hello Any issues with installing Exchange 2007 on a DC? I have one server so everything has to go on this box. one more question I will be using the anti spam agents that come out of hte box with 2007. I know how to install the agents on the HT server role, but is there a compand that i need to run to enable the junk-mail threshold? I was under the impression that the junk-mail folder wont work unless i turn it on using a shell command. All users are running outlook 2003 sp2 Hi a) you can have Exchange and DC on a single box but it is not recommended. b) Junk-mail thresholds can be...

money 2005 #11

Percent Format: Allow user to type Percent, not decimal?
Seems like when a field's underlying value is a decimal amount, but the presentation format on a field in a form is "Percent", the user still has to type the decimal equivalent of the percent when editing the field. e.g. CouponRate=.05437 is shown as "5.437%", but when the user clicks into the field to type something, they have to type, for instance, ". 04798" to get 4.798 percent to show. Seems logical from one perspective, but my users don't care for it. I can think of one way to handle this, using event code, but I'm wondering if there is a Good-...

Duplicate Funds in Money

Microsoft Money in Australia

MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!

Problems with Money 2005

Save custom formats independantly of workbooks?
Hi, Is there a way to save several custom formats (say, numbers in $000's, in $ millions, etc) which I would use for a variety of workbooks (including workbooks where those formats do not exist yet), with a name, and make them accessible from the toolbars? Earlier today someone kindly suggested to assign a name to the format using Format -> Style, but the formats I had saved have disappeared from the style menu once I closed a spreadhseet and used a different one. Any suggestion? Many thanks, Joss Delage ...

Money 2000 user guide

Exchange 2007 and EFORMS REGISTRY
Hi, on technet I found the information that custom forms are de-emphasized. Does that mean that even if I create a public folder store in Ex2007 I cannot have an organizational forms library for my MAPI form definitions? If that is true, how am I supposed to manage the GUI of MAPI items of my message classes in the enterprise? Please don't tell me that MAPI form configurations have to be published to each and every mailbox where my message classes should be useable. That sounds like a deployment nightmare. Please don't tell me either that one has to keep a pre-Ex2007 server jus...

More than 3 conditional formats?
I made a spreadsheet for scheduling employees. I often grant leave (vacation, sick, etc...etc...), and fill the open positions. I have about 7 different variables. Conditional formatting works great, but for only 3 of the 7 variables. I'm looking to fill the cell color and change the font color when I enter certain text into the cell, including empty cells. for instance...if a cell is empty - color =red cell has "AL" - color=blue, text=white. and so on....and so on - 7 different variables. Is this possible? -- Ltat42a -------------------------------------------------------...

2007-- word categories for contacts
Please help me to discover how I can type in words into the category field when creating new contact entries in 2007, instead of the colours. [I have a word based category system used for about 2000 contacts from Outloook 2003, using 100 or more category words]. Thank you SR Open the Contact and from the Show group in the Ribbon select All Fields. Set Select from to: Frequently-used fields. Locate the Categories field and type your categories in the Value column. You can separate categories with a ; or a , -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Ou...

money vs simply accounting

Money Data #2

Money 2004 Error 1335 #2

Options are set, but Outlook doesn't notify when e-mails arrive
I recently had Office 2003 Small Business Edition with Contact Manager installed. I have set the email options to notify me when emails arrive, but nothing is happening. Send/Receive works. Any ideas? The email must go to your Inbox to get any notification. If you have rules set up to move mail to other folders when it arrives, you won't get any notification. Could that be the problem? "Pam" wrote: > I recently had Office 2003 Small Business Edition with Contact Manager > installed. I have set the email options to notify me when emails arrive, but > nothing ...

Reinstall Money Plus problems